Jump to topic:

The Great Exodus

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 5:39:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I've read a lot today. People are whining and complaining that the site is in health and it is. Juggle has not been an active participant of this community in years. Interest is waning. Serious debate is all but extinct. People keep himming and hawing about leaving. Well let's leave.

I've put in my time on this site. I've been a member for many many years. Lately there's nothing to come back to. I've stopped being an active member because the site is a pale shadow of what it was in it's heyday.

I'm going to Civid. Why? Let me give you a *gasp* list of points.

1. It's brand spanking new. It's empty fertile ground. There's nothing there but potential. We can make it what we want.

2. The developer is active, ready to listen and working daily on the site. You want a development team to listen? Try Civid. Juggle is deaf. Debate island feels so corporate. Edb8 is dead.

3. DDO isn't coming back. It's just not guys. Unless airmax wants to tell me Juggle is going to reappear and fix it today, it's over. Like Myspace. No one misses Myspace now y'all are on Facebook and Twitter. DDO is Myspace. It's dying. That's okay.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Civid won't be either. But at least there we can build something. There's nothing to build here but nostalgia.

Whose with me?
No one normal accomplished anything meaningful in this world.
stalkerzmikecuber96
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 6:02:33 PM
At 8/1/2018 5:39:09 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I've read a lot today. People are whining and complaining that the site is in health and it is. Juggle has not been an active participant of this community in years. Interest is waning. Serious debate is all but extinct. People keep himming and hawing about leaving. Well let's leave.

I've put in my time on this site. I've been a member for many many years. Lately there's nothing to come back to. I've stopped being an active member because the site is a pale shadow of what it was in it's heyday.

1. It's brand spanking new. It's empty fertile ground. There's nothing there but potential. We can make it what we want.

2. The developer is active, ready to listen and working daily on the site. You want a development team to listen? Try Civid. Juggle is deaf. Debate island feels so corporate. Edb8 is dead.

3. DDO isn't coming back. It's just not guys. Unless airmax wants to tell me Juggle is going to reappear and fix it today, it's over. Like Myspace. No one misses Myspace now y'all are on Facebook and Twitter. DDO is Myspace. It's dying. That's okay.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Civid won't be either. But at least there we can build something. There's nothing to build here but nostalgia.

Whose with me?

Boring.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 6:11:21 PM
But where is the site? I can understand delays, but I find it odd this BenK stopped posting right around the time the site was supposed to go live, and nary a peep since
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TrumpSupporter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 6:16:29 PM
You should check out https://www.debateisland.com.... They are actively developed and constantly releasing new updates (based on user feedback). The administrator is very active and asks for user feedback, etc. It has 4 Debating formats (Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal) and a large and civil community. Also, the website is mobile friendly and responsive.
thedreadpirateroberts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 6:33:37 PM
At 8/1/2018 6:11:21 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
But where is the site? I can understand delays, but I find it odd this BenK stopped posting right around the time the site was supposed to go live, and nary a peep since

I'd like to know as well, the advertising posts said, it's coming, it's coming (that's what she said) and still nothing.
stalkerzmikecuber96
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 6:37:03 PM
At 8/1/2018 6:33:37 PM, thedreadpirateroberts wrote:

I'd like to know as well, the advertising posts said, it's coming, it's coming (that's what she said) and still nothing.

I'm pretty sure she came.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 6:53:17 PM

I'll see if I can get him to give a public update round these parts.
thedreadpirateroberts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 7:47:45 PM
At 8/1/2018 6:53:17 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I'll see if I can get him to give a public update round these parts.

except for the few people I like on here, I don't have much keeping me here. Debateisland is ok, but certainly if something better presents itself........ fordebating.com is blocked on my employer's wifi, strange
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 8:00:45 PM
At 8/1/2018 7:47:45 PM, thedreadpirateroberts wrote:

fordebating.com is blocked on my employer's wifi, strange

This is quite strange. I posted on the site not too long ago, like 9 views and not many responses
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
thedreadpirateroberts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 8:06:40 PM
At 8/1/2018 8:00:45 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

This is quite strange. I posted on the site not too long ago, like 9 views and not many responses

they block a lot of stuff that doesn't really make sense, what can ya do.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 8:20:31 PM
At 8/1/2018 8:00:45 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

It seems like an empty platform. DDO could definitely March in and take over.
SteelPelican
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 9:23:53 PM

Whose with me?

I agree with you. I'm currently on Civid and I have to say that it has a lot of potential. Perhaps we can mold it into an even greater site then DDO was in its prime.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2018 9:30:08 PM
At 8/1/2018 9:23:53 PM, SteelPelican wrote:

Whose with me?

I agree with you. I'm currently on Civid and I have to say that it has a lot of potential. Perhaps we can mold it into an even greater site then DDO was in its prime.

Indeed! That's the spirit.
RMTheSupreme
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2018 6:46:51 PM

Whose with me?

Tell me why not debate island and just how affiliated you are with civid.
https://www.debateart.com...

Be tomorrow's hero, not today's idol.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.