Jump to topic:

The big issues always have long forums

Xiutecuhtli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 3:50:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't have enough free time to read every post before saying something, But if I don't I'll end up saying something that someone else just said, And look dumb every time.
But the side issues are just clutter.
It would help to have responses IN PLACE, I think, Instead of all the way at the end.
It becomes impossible to respond to a message and be understood if that message is already buried by 100 other posts. I guess the other posts would be interesting and I could say something about THOSE instead.
Idk.
It would be a more versatile way to do things if you added in-place responses, Is what I'm saying, So I would like it and I think it's better.
Everything is 50% true and 50% false at all times.
These statements are, too.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 12:47:15 PM
In reply to post #1

Eh, I figure there's little new under the sun. And I'm already saying something some other person in history has said better. Still it's for me to say and form my own thoughts, That's what's important I think. It doesn't matter so much that someone has already said it, If it did I would never post anything and just be constantly reading everyone else's conversations.

It's a pity the reply and quote button is broke.

Best solution for a functional site would be to move to another site that functions. There was a small bit of talk in the air that the owners of DDO were going to fix some of the numerous broken pieces of it. But people don't like slow customer service and moved to a few different sites. I'm staying here just out of some reason.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2018 1:03:36 PM
I see your point and I agree, That is why I usually only read the short current posts, Because I don't want to read the 8 pages of comments to find out someone already said what I was going to say.

I find the best is to get engaged early in a new post, Otherwise if I see 500 replies I just say forget it, I missed the boat on that one LOL
Xiutecuhtli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 4:33:17 AM
Leaning what other websites are there? I should've tried looking for better ones in the first place.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 4:48:16 AM
DebateArt. Com
https://www. Debateart. Com/

debate island
https://www. Debateisland. Com/

Are the two off the top of my head, Though I think there's a few more.
Xiutecuhtli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 4:48:18 AM
At first I thought the same way as FanboyMctroll but I worry that people will think that I'm just making the same thing they've seen a billion times already, And that I'm just totally unoriginal. Maybe I'm not supposed to care about those people. But if I found a way to act rightly while in line with what they're looking for, It could only be good. I look at what sets them off, And try to take a different approach, Sometimes. Or I get angry at them and argue that it doesn't make sense what they're getting angry at me for. But there'll just be more of the same guys to take their place. Answering them won't actually solve anything. In hindsight I see there's an analogy here back to the tons of similar forums, But I think it's useful for my own learning.

But if I go to the new forums, I don't get the well-discussed answer. People can still do Last Page on the long debates like I sometimes do. But it seems like conversation always ends up away from the initial thing.
And starting new debates won't improve upon what the people already discovered; it's starting from scratch over and over again, Unless you've already read other versions of the issue. I guess it's good to revisit the same question multiple times instead of staying on the same thing forever, Like block studying vs spread.

BUT STILL. Improving navigation for the long forums would probably only improve things.
Xiutecuhtli
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 4:48:33 AM
Oh I'll look at those
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 4:54:47 AM
If you copy paste the link, Just delete the spaces in between after you paste it. Another recent glitch of DDO is the links being messed up for some reason.

For Debating was formed by some guy recently I think, But still in beta phase.
http://fordebating. Com/

I think Debate Art has the biggest population though. Haven't actually gone to any of those sites. Just Google ing debate sites for a bit would probably work pretty well. Or just sites with good forums.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2018 4:58:38 AM
Don't expect anything to improve for the better function wise around here. It might I've heard, But I feel doubtful.

Eh, It's not bad to polite, Respectful online. I think you get a better response from people if you do act that way.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.