Jump to topic:

DDO's death and DART

Richarda71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2018 12:05:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
DDO is dead, Or let me put it this way: DDO's core userbase has evidently left the site for a similar alternative. A select few also may have left when the glitch was rampant and still do not know that it was fixed, Or came back recently to find it is dead. Good on Juggle, But the damage has been done.

We have been debating about whether its truly been dead for several years and whether it might die, But now it has conspicuously been killed, At least until the possibility that shiit hits the fan in DART arises.

In no way am I implying the death of DDO is carved in stone. It can always make a comeback as long as it exists, But until large enough drama is manifested in DART or Juggle sues their creators, This place has a bleak outlook. Even the head mod doesn't go here much. Some left here because of the head/voting moderation (I am not painting anyone here in a negative light, Only stating the motives of our former members). If the competitor, DART, Remains for too long, Then I do not see this place rebounding, As a good amount of people here I know are young and still in College. One day they will have a job and maybe even a family, And in turn, DDO will not ever be active again.

Idk if this will happen but it very well could.
Richarda71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2018 12:08:54 AM
I may have conveyed a somewhat negative attitude towards DART. Keep in mind that if anybody was to blame here, It would be the creators of all people. The users who migrate are fine, And I don't care that much if this site is left in the dust.
Richarda71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2018 12:39:38 AM
I am unsure how much Juggle was genuinely invested in the site, And even after they curbed the mass spam, The blood has spilled from the veins. It's been on life support for too long and is now in a metaphorical vegetative state, If not doomed to irrevocable death. This is a firm reminder to take care of your site, Dog, Baby, Or whatever can be applied before the situation becomes hopeless. That's what happened here, And even though many veterans came back here at one point, They were subject to the apparent downsides of the site, With glitches being the clear front-runner. This shattered its reputation to many, And in my time on the site, The second half of my in-DDO existence has seemed to be by far the most cynical. Of course we didn't have as many flame-wars, But I'm referring more to how users reflect on the site problems (modding and glitches).

Despite it's downfall and implied hatred or indifference by many who have resided here, I have had some fun times here. DDO has seen some of the most lustrous personalities that have been included in my life, And dare I say are right up on my alley with some of my close irl friends.

Anybody who reads this may think to themselves, Who is this guy, And why is he writing this vast, Unnecessary monologue about site with no relevance anymore. The answer is that idgaf, I am an old member who is writing this because it is dead, And because it makes for an appropriate last post on the site. The forums aren't even discussion mediums anymore, Just exhibits of what this site once was. They've become slices of DDO history.
Swagnarok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2018 5:55:34 PM
DDO is officially not allowing me to make posts. I don't know if this one will get through, But it certainly didn't in the other thread. I tried twice.
Rest in Peace DDO (2007-2018)

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.