Jump to topic:

Problem: Posting my Argument

omar2345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 8:31:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I click on post my argument. I add my argument. Then I click on review. Then when I click on submit it does not register my argument.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 8:35:53 AM
Maybe a glitch?
Only thing I can think of to suggest is to copy your argument before posting it, So that if it doesn't post that time you can paste and try posting again without having to rewrite the entire argument.
omar2345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 8:39:44 AM
I first wrote my argument on Word then pasted it onto the argument section. I tried copy and pasting it 4 times now and still does not submit my argument. What it does do is reset the clock back to 3 days without posting my argument and still asking me to post my argument.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 8:56:13 AM
Hmm. Maybe paste your argument, But change it slightly. Pretty sure in the forums you can't write the exact same thing, It'll refuse to post.
omar2345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 9:01:00 AM
It did not work. I added two commas and removed 2 words. I still have 5, 349 characters remaining so it is not because of the character limit.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 9:10:37 AM
Strange. Last debate I had, Other guy said his argument didn't post either.
https://www. Debate. Org/debates/Should-there-be-stricter-gun-control/1/

Course he posted in the debate that he couldn't post in the debate. So I was confused on how he could post that but not his argument. Not sure how to help mate.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 9:22:05 AM
I forget, For the debate thing. . Does it show the other guy's argument above yours? If so try deleting alllll of his post, So that it is blank AND THEN paste your argument and post.
omar2345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 9:29:32 AM
The section where you post your argument allows me to edit it. Above it it says "Show the Previous Arguments" When I click it shows the arguments before. I cannot edit the previous arguments and none of the previous arguments are in the editing box.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 9:41:46 AM
Only other thing I can 'guess right now is that there might be some part of your argument the site doesn't like. Though I can't think of what. . . Can you post your argument in this forum?
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 9:47:14 AM
Leaning wrote:
Only other thing I can 'guess right now is that there might be some part of your argument the site doesn't like. Though I can't think of what. . . Can you post your argument in this forum?

It appears not. Hmm, I still don't really know what causes the glitch in the reply quote function in the forums either. Though deleting the persons previous post that you are quoting or just the first part before their name allows one to use the quote function.
omar2345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 9:47:25 AM
I tried to upload my argument to this forum but it did not allow me. I think it must be what I said in the argument. I do not personally attack the contender but I do use famously bad people to prove a point. Would it be a problem if I said A. H (Germany) J. S (Russia) and T. D (American serial)?
omar2345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 9:53:16 AM
The ones above was the worst that I said.
I am going to be adding paragraph by paragraph so that I know at least which paragraph has the problem.
omar2345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 9:53:44 AM
Irrational about being unsure of our existence is better than finding purpose in religion. Religion is based on belief not rationality. If we find the answer to our existence we might find objective purpose, Religion for as long has its been around has not provided one. You also say it is impossible to suppress the truth. I say every religion suppresses the truth by not proving God exists but still believe as though it is the case. Is that in itself irrational? Let"s say Christianity is the right religion why is there 5. 03 billion humans, Who follow a different religion, Not following it? Surely if I was this God I would want what I created to follow me. The will that 5. 03 religious people (excluding Christianity) have is used to go against the true God? Was Ted Bundy, Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler created in God"s image? Extreme examples but it proves God is evil. By giving us life he would allow us to use it to make other people suffer. I am not assuming we are made in God"s image or God endowed us with self-knowledge without proof.
omar2345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 9:54:00 AM
Rebuttals:
"I think therefore I am". Thinking assumes that we exist. As far as I know thinking can be correlated to existence but does it prove our existence. "The one thing you cannot doubt is that you are doubting". Doubt in itself does not provide a point of contention. Cogito set out that doubt is the ground of knowledge. As you know doubt is a feeling of uncertainty. Feeling as by itself varies between person to person. This means for someone they have no doubt God exists whereas another person has doubts on whether God exists or not. It is subjective not objective. Existence by the definition is objective reality. Not our own subjective interpretations by itself can lead to an objective conclusion. As far as I can tell you have not provided any proof to existence instead you have given me a telling of someone"s subjective experience. Doubt=Thinking therefore we exist does not prove our reality to be objective.
omar2345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 9:54:37 AM
Can we assume we exist before we prove our existence? This is not akin to "logic is irrational" because rational is using the best methods in order to find out the truth. Logic is the best method we have so far. By definition Logic is rational until we can find a better method. "words are meaningless" is also not akin to my argument because to understand me we must first agree on definitions. Without accepting definitions how do we communicate with one another without knowing what we are actually saying?
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2018 9:58:07 AM
Because DDO is rather. . . . Buggy and neglected by it's owners.
Could be the site does not like that particular source. I'd say just tell people what to type in Google so that site is the one that pops.

They shouldn't judge against you for sources, Just because the site doesn't like your source.

Good thought on posting it paragraph by paragraph to find the problem though.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.