Jump to topic:

Suggestion for Fixing DDO

Ew2046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2018 1:30:41 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
There are a lot of server bugs on DDO and the admins do not care. What I"ve seen with a lot of similar sites is that a lot of the bugs are because the servers are overloaded. In DDO's case there are thousands and thousands of posts, Debates, Polls, And dead accounts that are not necessary for the site. An easy way to fix the site could be to go trough and delete all of the useless polls and forum posts. That being said i have not found anyway to do this.

We could reach out to addversiment companies and report that the site does not function and they are essentially paying the people that run DDO for nothing, As nobody pays attention to these ads. I"ve read on the forum that a reason why juggles isn't updating the site is possibly because they are making a profit from ads (which I haven't seen any). If people who see these ads could maybe reach out to the companies and report juggles it is possible that something could be done
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2018 3:43:09 PM
You may have a point. Though one of my favorite parts of the site is how everything I post is there even years later for me to look back on.

I suppose if there is someway I could transfer all my polls, Votes, And posts to my own computer on some file, I wouldn't mind the site owners cutting off some fat, As much.

Though Hoppi says Juggle no longer exists.
https://www. Debate. Org/forums/debate. Org/topic/4338611/
Ew2046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2018 7:25:22 PM
Yeah they don't and that haven't done anything for the site in years. I suppose the next best option would be for someone else to design another site like DDO. There are some but they are all garbage
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2018 7:45:35 PM
DART and Island are the two people talk about most on this site. Though there are others I have heard of, But they don't really bother to really advertise themselves on this site. Which does not bother me all that much. People advertising other sites is obnoxious, Though I don't mind it being in their signature or if they only name drop it now and then while being a participating member of this site.

I suppose there is Reddit and Quora, But those aren't really 'debate sites. Not that I 'debate all that much on this site.
Ew2046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2018 7:50:11 PM
I've heard of other debate sites but neither of those (will look them up). I find advertising other sites annoying unless it is other debate sites because this one isn't that good anymore. I don't like Quora and on Reddit I get annoyed of people too fast.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2018 7:59:14 PM
The ideal situation is more than a site of people I think. It is a circle of peers/acquaintances/friends or so forth. A group of people one actually keeps in contact with and is able to enjoy what is discussed as well as enjoy who you discus it with. Or at least one of those last two. I suppose that is what the friends function on DDO is 'supposed to help with, And perhaps it does. To me though I regard it with suspicion as a similar function of some Facebook friend function where a person has hundreds or thousands of 'friends.

I'd call my siblings my friends I suppose, Or this one guy who invited me to his wedding. Perhaps after I leave this job there are even some coworkers I would call my friends. But random online people? Eh, Only if we actually 'have a relationship that could be called friendship of sorts.

https://www. Debateart. Com/
https://www. Debateisland. Com/

ART is where a number of DDO people moved after the spam attack a few months ago (But still undeveloped and small base of users). Island has been around a bit I think, But not hugely popular (It seems to me).
Ew2046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2018 8:14:24 PM
Thank you

I have seen debateart and don't really like it that much. I do however like how debateisland runs and looks.
SupaDudz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2018 7:41:30 PM
DART has issues with mods. I got banned there bc of bad modding by bsh1

The rules that are there is a big issue as well. I believe bsh1 is VERY biased as a mod and he puts his personal beliefs over the good of the site. He will be either more script or less strict on someone depending on his belief. He didn't seak out my side of view at all during the situation and showed little to no remorse on the situation and how Poly attacked a large group of people. He seemed to believe that everything is leved and same which is a shitty modding approach. Words can have more or less weight to it depending on context and the actual word itself
He used to be OK at it and I used to be fine with him. But the recent bans and banning people for multis a while ago is straight garbage. You can't control the past and if you expect people to learn from their mistakes, Then banning them isn't a viable source. RM was banned 2x for being a crazy and is still a crazy. If he keeps aggressively banning people and can not see an "eye to eye " approach (which he said in his PM needed to stop), Then I think we need a mod switch. Eye for eye has caused great powers to win war and power them to victory. I have a right to defend myself and stand up for something or someone when they say stuff that offends me. And when I get banned for it, It is denying my freedom of speech to a certain extent.
People Saying Stuff

"I just like the cream pie!!!"-FanBoy 2018

Popular Opinion on Supa

"Supa is an idiot"-Wylted
"rippery doo and fvck me sideways supa. wtf."-Smith
"That idiot didn't even tell us. Sad."-Pie

Since the opinion is strong...why not a shameless plug

https://www.youtube.com...

SUBSCRIBE
naturallytanned
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2018 12:49:57 AM
@SupaDudz,

I agree with most of this. The problem on DA is not with the Code of Conduct itself but with bsh1"s misapplication of it.

In addition to that, He has poor communication skills. . . At least that"s what I"ve observed in private. From what I can see, He makes very little effort to understand a situation or consider the circumstances involved. He also presents as indifferent and even passive-aggressive at times.

DA was far more preferable when it was modded by the site owner.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2018 4:48:01 AM
Bsh1 is a 23-year old male in Pleven, Oblast Pleven, Bulgaria.

bsh1's relationship with Mike is not what they have allowed us to believe. They did not just recently meet. Mike's account on DDO was opened years ago. Though he only posted 12 times, And all those times were within a month after the DDO crash.

I did a search for "bsh1 and justmike" and found this link on pastebin. Com.

busses braddqq MERLIER soulproc brandwes casper68 bussey ilovekac. . .
https://pastebin. Com/yJaTDUQj

11 Nov 2017 " justmike. Casparus. Chrisd12. Breather. . . . . . Bsh1. Civilized95. Airplane. Chr222. BigDick. Skiman. Nagrom. Anthony1.

The same list. Notice the date. What is pastebin? It is a web tool used for sharing and storing data. A popular use of Pastebin is for Sharing Stolen Data. Though it's mostly used for distributing legitimate data, It seems to be frequently used as a public repository of stolen information, Such as network configuration details and authentication records. Mar 16, 2015

bsh1's profile explains his belief.

"Nativism's lure is an appeal so base and toxic in nature that it precludes--over time--the consideration of love. And that's why I reject it, In the strongest possible terms. Hate should never win. "

This is why bsh1 will give ethan the longest ban in Dart history, And ignore the abusive replies of the Trump hater in the exact reported post! He even is on record saying that he would not have banned willows or harikrish.

The other conservative posters on Dart need to be careful. Your ethos does not agree with bsh1, And he will view getting rid of you as "hate not winning".
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/30/2018 4:51:06 AM
The more I thought about it, The more Dart did not make sense. Neither did Mike giving Carte Blanche authority to bsh1 make sense. So I checked some things. For one, Mike has made sure no info about the DebateArt. Com domain is available in the "whois. Com" web tool. This is not only unusual, But extremely suspect.

The name of the person or organization who registered the domain is hidden. The web admin is hidden. The owner is hidden. The webmaster is hidden. Mike even paid extra for the whois proxy service to keep everything hidden. Why? This level of secrecy is unusual for a domain started as a whim for fun. Check other domains on the whois. Com search tool and you will see how unusual it is.

Then I noticed that bsh1 said certain things that shed light on his behavior here. On DDO, Bsh1 wrote this.

"I've made many great friends in-between the drama, Many of whom are no longer in my life, Either because they left the site, Or because of mistakes I made which created rifts or made being close with each other untenable. Those lost friendships are my greatest regrets and my deepest sources of sadness on the site. "

And here he is, Making the same mistakes again.

He continues".

"I truly hated my college experience in virtually every conceivable way, Which contributed in large part to my being diagnosed with Depression and Generalized Anxiety about two years ago. I emerged from college not only having made no new friends at college, But having lost contact with a few of my old friends from high school--people I really cared about. I found, And to a large extent am still finding, Myself emotionally adrift, Unsure of my place in the world, The person I want to become, Or the career I want to pursue. "

Now take a look at the two pages of photos on bsh1's DDO profile page. Half naked muscled boys. For you who would say it"s a homosexual thing, What would you think of a guy with two pages of pics of half naked girls on his DDO profile page?

bsh1 is defined by his homosexuality. It informs every position of his. He uses his position on the site to meet and befriend young men. This is why he so desires to be on the mod team at any site he frequents. This is the reason he wanted to be able to read emails. And this is how he met Mike.

bsh1 is not a relative stranger Mike just happened to pick to be mod. Their relationship is older and deeper than I first believed. And that is on me. If they had a normal relationship, I could have fought bsh1 (along with others) and won. But I know now that is impossible.

Long ago I let bsh1 know that I was aware of what he was trying to do. He never denied it. And most of the uproar on the site has been when members realized he was trying to force the board into his private, Homosexual, Liberal utopia.

On DDO, He admitted this".

"Airmax has given me permission to open up a second account. This account will be used solely for the purpose of posting in the forums. I will continue to maintain and operate my bsh1 account as my primary account. ".

This is the Airmax he calls a great mod? This is what he sees as fair moderation? Is this what Dart is based on? Would he do that on Dart? No need to go into it now, But he has allowed some people to have more than one account there. Though he's now calling everyone with multiple accounts to fess up.

But even bsh1 might be a victim. Mike's efforts seem tailored to Russia's current goal of sowing discorded (get it? ) among Americans. Why would he spend all this money? Why would he spend all this time? No. Something stinks. So I have referred DebateArt. Com to the US authorities concerned with Russian meddling. I hope they find I am wrong, But""
naturallytanned
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2018 11:40:17 PM
ethang5. . .

don't you know that airmax is actually a russian spy who was part of the whole agenda to take down DDO? Also, Airmax was very openly having an affair with bsh1. It seems that bsh1 is now involved with the creator of Dart. . . Who is of course Russian.
Richarda71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2019 12:58:35 AM
DART must die for DDO to thrive again, Either by a Juggle lawsuit or moderation driving away the majority of the DART community.

I pine for the DDO days, Even when everyone thought it was a shitty site. The discussion back here was more informative, And more frequently informative at that. DART has very little elasticity to stay strong as the activity is limited to the people in the DDO community, And only a percentage of the community have contributed to the DDO/DART exodus. Debate. Org appears in more searches because. . .
a) Less specific searches are required for those who would want to join a debate site. The words "debate" and "art" being used in a search is very unlikely on the contrary.
b) Even the vestiges of a community that was once very interested in debating can appear in the searches oftenly (e. G. Abortion). DART on the other hand, Has a lo of rap battles and other non-debates. Even the best of debates will be overshadowed by the ones on DDO.

DART will fall in shambles, Possibly in the near future. The question that remains is how it will happen, As the sketchy creator-of-site could be exposed or the site is left to rot at a much slower rate.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2019 10:19:49 AM
DART will fall in shambles, Possibly in the near future. The question that remains is how it will happen, As the sketchy creator-of-site could be exposed or the site is left to rot at a much slower rate.

He will just make another site. He's not the one paying for it, And being in Russia, And working for the Russian state, There are NP consequences for him.
naturallytanned
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2019 2:24:03 PM
@ethang5

He wouldn"t make another site if the current one doesn"t have any success, Lol. In addition to competent moderation, One thing Mikhail"s project is lacking is money. This is why the site isn"t as developed as it could be.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 1:33:50 PM
He wouldn"t make another site if the current one doesn"t have any success, Lol.

And what is success for him? Success for him isn't a huge money generating site.

In addition to competent moderation, One thing Mikhail"s project is lacking is money.

Untrue. The site was registered in Russia at the official Russian govt. Domain registrars. All the money he needs to accomplish his task will be provided. The site only needs to pretend it's a little site started by a student.

This is why the site isn"t as developed as it could be.

The site is developed just fine. All it's bills have been paid in US dollars, Any clue where Mike gets the money? And the full year's domain service has been paid for, Up to 2020, Including services to mask the owner's identity.

On the surface it has to look like mike is struggling. He isn't. There is no big conspiracy, It's just part of Russia's ongoing attempt to sway public opinion before the 2020 election.
Juris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 4:52:36 PM
I am an old member who just came back. DDO looks trash now. So many topics that are similar clogging the site. I just found out about debateart and it looks promising. Debateart mAybe is the future unless DDO will clean this site and provide a new and fresh interface
naturallytanned
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 8:37:46 PM
ethang5,

And what is success for him? Success for him isn't a huge money generating site.

I never said that success for him was centered around money. My point was that if Dart doesn't have much activity, Or if activity levels diminish and people leave. . The site will thus not be a success

The site is developed just fine. All it's bills have been paid in US dollars, Any clue where Mike gets the money? And the full year's domain service has been paid for, Up to 2020, Including services to mask the owner's identity.

It's not, And much of what you're saying is wrong

On the surface it has to look like mike is struggling. He isn't. There is no big conspiracy, It's just part of Russia's ongoing attempt to sway public opinion before the 2020 election.

I didn't realize inferno had a twin brother
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2019 3:49:15 AM
Not much can be done when you have an administration that doesn't care. That's the sad truth of it, As I see it. Without active admins, I think using this site is kind of like attaching marionette strings to a corpse and trying to make it dance in a lifelike manner.

I'm loyal to DART because you have an admin who cares there. It was damned refreshing after so long on DDO with its silent absent Powers That Be. It's a new site and its development is slow, Especially since it's got basically one guy working on it, But it has a pulse, So to speak. It's alive.
Bummed about the low activity and abandonment of DDO? You can always try us on DART: https://www.debateart.com...
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2019 7:14:43 PM

I never said that success for him was centered around money.

I know. You said he would not start another site if Dart wasn't successful. He would.

My point was that if Dart doesn't have much activity, Or if activity levels diminish and people leave. . The site will thus not be a success

And he would simply be instructed to start another site.

It's not, And much of what you're saying is wrong

I guess then the data I quoted from a whois. Com site is incorrect? Do you know how to find public data on websites? Do you know what you're talking about? It doesn't look so.

I didn't realize inferno had a twin brother

Stupidity doesn't suit you. I posted public data you (or anyone) can access also. So if you won't, Or don't know how to, That is no excuse to be stupid.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2019 8:11:21 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
ksenianova wrote. . . .

You should have used a username not obviously Russian influenced.

@ethang5

DDO doesn't use the @ like Dart does. Don't forget where you are.

You"re an idiot.

That must mean you're a genius. You've convinced us.
omar2345
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2019 8:26:49 PM
For some reason it is not allowing me to use the Bold function in debates.
I use it to highlight what the other person said and what I am directly targeting from someone's argument. Yes I can use speech marks but I do prefer the Bold function.

Who changed this since it wasn't like this earlier?

It only started within the time range of 3 weeks if I go by the last time I was able to use the Bold function in a debate.
SupaDudz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2019 11:28:21 PM
This site is dead stop beating a dead horse to the ground
People Saying Stuff

"I just like the cream pie!!!"-FanBoy 2018

Popular Opinion on Supa

"Supa is an idiot"-Wylted
"rippery doo and fvck me sideways supa. wtf."-Smith
"That idiot didn't even tell us. Sad."-Pie

Since the opinion is strong...why not a shameless plug

https://www.youtube.com...

SUBSCRIBE

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.