Jump to topic:

Debate Argument Issue

EverlastingSummer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 3:44:26 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
I made my argument and went to post it however it did not post and seemed to be completely deleted. What happened?
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 3:53:58 AM
I think that even if you got past this problem, There will be others. Most people have moved to other sites, I think.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 3:59:22 AM
EverlastingSummer wrote:
I made my argument and went to post it however it did not post and seemed to be completely deleted. What happened?

Did you use any site links?
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 3:59:37 AM
I didn't like either of them, That's why I'm lurking here like a loser. But other people like them. Debateart is modelled on ddo and debate island has a different structure.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 4:01:36 AM
Try removing the links and just telling people where to navigate to using Google. It also helps at times to write and argument out in a word document first, Just in case it does not post for some reason.

If removing the links does not work. Try posting it piece by piece in this topic. The part that does not post is the problem.
EverlastingSummer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 4:01:37 AM
Why didn't you like either of them? The reply feature is not too good on this forum anymore. It is having the same issue my argument is.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 4:04:20 AM
EverlastingSummer wrote:
Why didn't you like either of them? The reply feature is not too good on this forum anymore. It is having the same issue my argument is.

I know the question wasn't for me, But I stayed here because of brand loyalty, The pileup of a years worth of thoughts, Habit, Just didn't quite like the features of the other sites. DART for example, Not sure what I think of the trophies, Color scheme, PM message system, Also the profile picture for your profile page is too small for me.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 4:07:48 AM
I went off Ddo when they started in with vote moderation, And they are definitely keeping that control-over-users theme going on debateart. They have almost more mods and rules than active users, Barely exaggerating. That just annoys me, But some people don't mind it, And if you don't then debateart works well for a new site and the designer is still active improving it.
I only tried debate island a little bit, But the topics seemed boring. Maybe it's better when you get into it more.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 4:10:01 AM
I think it would be nice if the users from all three sites could connect in some fashion. For instance all having the same Google Hangouts link. Debating websites are a bit of a niche market. The number and variety of people feels spread a bit thin.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 4:13:05 AM
Ha ha leaning you're such a nice person. I don't want to connect. I want to DESTROY WITH ARGUMENT.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 4:17:35 AM
I'm not sure what interests me about this site. More just a place to talk my thoughts now and then. Look inward by looking at what I do write and so on (Maybe). Some social interaction.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 4:21:29 AM
Yeah. It feels like a temporary state atm. Like, It's either got to crash entirely or be transformed. I like temporary.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 4:22:44 AM
Like waves. If they just sat there, You'd hate them. But the way they come crashing in.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 4:23:18 AM
I think both of those. When reading old posts, One notices the same topics and conversations popping up, Just with new people. Not many lifers for DDO I think.
Hoppi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2019 5:35:39 AM
Maybe I was too negative. I'm trying out some debates here and so far, No problems at all. No links, But that makes for a more carefree argument style anyway.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.