Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Debating Tournament

brandon_debates
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2016 6:01:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hello, and I am officially hosting the first 2017 Debating Tournament, and the debating platform will be EDEB8 due to their outstanding tournament coding. I understand that many are unsure of using EDEB8 for the small community but regardless, all should join for there is a lot of features. Here is the link to the tournament website, which is a Google Site, and has all the information needed.
https://sites.google.com...
Here is the website for EDEB8:
http://www.edeb8.com...
Any more questions can be asked her. And just so you know, the sign-up deadline is next Friday and in case you have an interest in becoming a VIP that is due a week from today. Anyways thank you and have a good day!

Additionally, more information will be posted soon so stay tuned.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2016 6:23:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
edeb8 gross
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2016 6:23:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Why wander into the land of the outcasts when we can remain here in our decaying mansion?
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
brandon_debates
Posts: 4
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2016 7:19:37 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/15/2016 6:23:39 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Why wander into the land of the outcasts when we can remain here in our decaying mansion?

Well, there is a debating tournament platform, which proves to be extremely advantageous when forming a tournament. Unlike debate.org, which as you state is slowly decaying indeed. I traveled into a land of outcasts because adventure is fun. I recommend you do as well, its actually a pretty good debating platform.
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2016 7:35:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/15/2016 7:19:37 AM, brandon_debates wrote:
At 12/15/2016 6:23:39 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Why wander into the land of the outcasts when we can remain here in our decaying mansion?

Well, there is a debating tournament platform, which proves to be extremely advantageous when forming a tournament. Unlike debate.org, which as you state is slowly decaying indeed. I traveled into a land of outcasts because adventure is fun. I recommend you do as well, its actually a pretty good debating platform.

I used to be on edeb8 lol. Didn't like it much. Tournaments used to happen here all the time, but interest just died out.
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
Subutai
Posts: 4,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2016 10:00:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/15/2016 6:01:00 AM, brandon_debates wrote:
Hello, and I am officially hosting the first 2017 Debating Tournament, and the debating platform will be EDEB8 due to their outstanding tournament coding. I understand that many are unsure of using EDEB8 for the small community but regardless, all should join for there is a lot of features. Here is the link to the tournament website, which is a Google Site, and has all the information needed.
https://sites.google.com...
Here is the website for EDEB8:
http://www.edeb8.com...
Any more questions can be asked her. And just so you know, the sign-up deadline is next Friday and in case you have an interest in becoming a VIP that is due a week from today. Anyways thank you and have a good day!

Additionally, more information will be posted soon so stay tuned.

I'll just tell you now that no one cares. Larz posts his "eDeb8 vs. DDO" tournament every year, and there's always little interest in it. We already have a moderated tournament system here and, given that there's much more activity on this site, the tournaments here are going to be larger and more popular.
We are not dead. We have never lived. - Varg Vikernes, "Det som en gang var"
Subutai
Posts: 4,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2016 10:00:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/15/2016 6:23:08 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
edeb8 gross

Wtf I thought you were Vaarka.
We are not dead. We have never lived. - Varg Vikernes, "Det som en gang var"
The-Voice-of-Truth
Posts: 9,604
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2016 10:06:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/15/2016 10:00:45 AM, Subutai wrote:
At 12/15/2016 6:23:08 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
edeb8 gross

Wtf I thought you were Vaarka.

top kek m8
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
Wylted
Posts: 25,465
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/17/2016 11:27:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/15/2016 10:00:03 AM, Subutai wrote:
At 12/15/2016 6:01:00 AM, brandon_debates wrote:
Hello, and I am officially hosting the first 2017 Debating Tournament, and the debating platform will be EDEB8 due to their outstanding tournament coding. I understand that many are unsure of using EDEB8 for the small community but regardless, all should join for there is a lot of features. Here is the link to the tournament website, which is a Google Site, and has all the information needed.
https://sites.google.com...
Here is the website for EDEB8:
http://www.edeb8.com...
Any more questions can be asked her. And just so you know, the sign-up deadline is next Friday and in case you have an interest in becoming a VIP that is due a week from today. Anyways thank you and have a good day!

Additionally, more information will be posted soon so stay tuned.

I'll just tell you now that no one cares. Larz posts his "eDeb8 vs. DDO" tournament every year, and there's always little interest in it. We already have a moderated tournament system here and, given that there's much more activity on this site, the tournaments here are going to be larger and more popular.

His tournament is the best every year. Stop hating on Lars just because it is the cool thing to do.
UtherPenguin
Posts: 4,087
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2016 12:10:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/15/2016 10:00:03 AM, Subutai wrote:
We already have a moderated tournament system here and, given that there's much more activity on this site, the tournaments here are going to be larger and more popular.

*cough cough*

http://www.debate.org...
I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) is his messenger.
-GreyParrot
Subutai
Posts: 4,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2016 2:47:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/17/2016 11:27:30 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 12/15/2016 10:00:03 AM, Subutai wrote:
At 12/15/2016 6:01:00 AM, brandon_debates wrote:
Hello, and I am officially hosting the first 2017 Debating Tournament, and the debating platform will be EDEB8 due to their outstanding tournament coding. I understand that many are unsure of using EDEB8 for the small community but regardless, all should join for there is a lot of features. Here is the link to the tournament website, which is a Google Site, and has all the information needed.
https://sites.google.com...
Here is the website for EDEB8:
http://www.edeb8.com...
Any more questions can be asked her. And just so you know, the sign-up deadline is next Friday and in case you have an interest in becoming a VIP that is due a week from today. Anyways thank you and have a good day!

Additionally, more information will be posted soon so stay tuned.

I'll just tell you now that no one cares. Larz posts his "eDeb8 vs. DDO" tournament every year, and there's always little interest in it. We already have a moderated tournament system here and, given that there's much more activity on this site, the tournaments here are going to be larger and more popular.

His tournament is the best every year. Stop hating on Lars just because it is the cool thing to do.

The "eDeb8 vs. DDO" tournament is, by no means, the best tournament on DDO. From what I remember the debates are, in general, pretty poor in quality, and DDO usually crushes eDeb8. And I'm not hating on Larz. It's just that eDeb8 is objectively worse than DDO.
We are not dead. We have never lived. - Varg Vikernes, "Det som en gang var"
Subutai
Posts: 4,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2016 2:48:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/18/2016 12:10:39 AM, UtherPenguin wrote:
At 12/15/2016 10:00:03 AM, Subutai wrote:
We already have a moderated tournament system here and, given that there's much more activity on this site, the tournaments here are going to be larger and more popular.

*cough cough*

http://www.debate.org...

I can't speak for the recent tournament activity on DDO in general, but I think the reason you're not getting a lot of activity is that it's Christmas time.
We are not dead. We have never lived. - Varg Vikernes, "Det som en gang var"
lannan13
Posts: 24,704
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2016 5:42:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The WODC crashed this year. It's really a shame since it was really the DDO vs edeb8 tournament. Of course we would always win, but still.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

"Sometimes it is hell, trying to get to heaven."- Undertaker

Keep a Positive Mental Attitude!

DDO Hall of Famer

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.