Jump to topic:

Judges Needed? Trade Votes for Votes!

thebestdebate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2017 3:18:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Guys! I've noticed that there is a huge issue on this website: only a fraction of debates get voted on. I want to fix this issue by having us trade votes. If you have a debate that needs to be voted on you can come here and ask for that. The only stipulation is that you vote on another debate. I really think this will clear up the lack of judges we have on this website. Thank you and I hope this works!
"The weight of the world would be far easier to carry if everyone lent a hand." - Me

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." - Thomas Merton
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2017 12:39:09 AM
At 3/4/2017 3:18:35 PM, thebestdebate wrote:
Guys! I've noticed that there is a huge issue on this website: only a fraction of debates get voted on. I want to fix this issue by having us trade votes. If you have a debate that needs to be voted on you can come here and ask for that. The only stipulation is that you vote on another debate. I really think this will clear up the lack of judges we have on this website. Thank you and I hope this works!

There is already a thread for this.
DebateArt.com is where all the users went.
Raisor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2017 12:43:29 AM

What we really need is some sort of currency-type mechanism where people could earn say, a ruble, by voting and later cash in that ruble for someone else's vote.
We gonna pull up like the ice cream truck
Beginner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2017 12:45:26 AM
What we really need is to staunch my starvation for social interaction by responding to everything I post in the next 20 minutes.

Also, vote trading sounds shady af.
Senpai has noticed you.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2017 12:52:59 AM

Logrolling is a beautiful thing.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2017 1:05:21 AM

As long as there is the assurance that the return vote is unbiased; meaning that it is not a fore sure vote in that persons favor but rather a vote on their debate
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2017 1:05:44 AM
At 3/5/2017 12:39:09 AM, Mharman wrote:

There is already a thread for this.

technically yes, but this refers to a debate trade where the other thread is only for advertisement.
thebestdebate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2017 2:49:02 PM
As long as there is the assurance that the return vote is unbiased; meaning that it is not a fore sure vote in that persons favor but rather a vote on their debate

This goes without saying. I want people to be unbiased. I'm just looking to get every debate voted on.
"The weight of the world would be far easier to carry if everyone lent a hand." - Me

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." - Thomas Merton
Anonymous
3/7/2017 3:06:16 PM
I completely agree! Whatever we do, we need to make DDO great again! There are too many problems: The website won't accept new polls or opinions, no one votes anymore, and those that do are consistently flagged and removed. Juggle llc. needs to set up a committee to be responsible for this website.
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2017 6:17:11 PM
At 3/5/2017 12:43:29 AM, Raisor wrote:

What we really need is some sort of currency-type mechanism where people could earn say, a ruble, by voting and later cash in that ruble for someone else's vote.

Such a mechanism could also be implemented in such a way as to midigate bias; you don't return the favor to someone who voted on your debate, but pay it forward to someone else's.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.