Total Posts:38|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

CodingSource is..BACK! (Debate?)

CodingSource
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2017 4:13:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
So..I am back! (I do not know if half of you guys still know me. My batchmates, Brian and minddrag, to name a few, are not active anymore. And many of the debates I knew are mostly inactive so...)

In the tournament thing, I felt sick and went to the hospital. And after that, I spent a summer vacation in a place where there is no network. Classes start at June here in the Philippines, so I was busy acing all the tests and homework.

I have decided not to go anywhere since it is summer again. I want to focus playing Charazay and BuzzerBeater and win debates here in DDO.

--

And yes, I am open to debate suggestions. The list I made a year ago, well, all of the guys are inactive except famousdebater and n7. I messaged n7 regarding our debate but he did not respond. famousdebater is a very tough guy to beat (and very famous in DDO, too) that is why I decided to participate in tune-up matches first (haha!) and study bsh1's style of debating.

Let's make a new list again! And I am looking forward for debates with a judge because I accept "losses" in my record more than "Draw". I am currently 10-0-0.

To the new users and to those who did not know me yet (or not familiar), exactly a year ago, I "was" active in forums like I "was" in debating. IF you are confident enough to face me, well..I am open. :D But I did not reach the voting for new staff. Too sad I did not vote imabench :P
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
CodingSource
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2017 6:07:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/23/2017 4:13:48 AM, CodingSource wrote:
So..I am back! (I do not know if half of you guys still know me. My batchmates, Brian and minddrag, to name a few, are not active anymore. And many of the debates I knew are mostly inactive so...)

In the tournament thing, I felt sick and went to the hospital. And after that, I spent a summer vacation in a place where there is no network. Classes start at June here in the Philippines, so I was busy acing all the tests and homework.

I have decided not to go anywhere since it is summer again. I want to focus playing Charazay and BuzzerBeater and win debates here in DDO.

--

And yes, I am open to debate suggestions. The list I made a year ago, well, all of the guys are inactive except famousdebater and n7. I messaged n7 regarding our debate but he did not respond. famousdebater is a very tough guy to beat (and very famous in DDO, too) that is why I decided to participate in tune-up matches first (haha!) and study bsh1's style of debating.

Let's make a new list again! And I am looking forward for debates with a judge because I accept "losses" in my record more than "Draw". I am currently 10-0-0.

To the new users and to those who did not know me yet (or not familiar), exactly a year ago, I "was" active in forums like I "was" in debating. IF you are confident enough to face me, well..I am open. :D But I did not reach the voting for new staff. Too sad I did not vote imabench :P

An up for this one, huhu! :'( Do anyone still recognize me? I'm also up for debate suggestions :D
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
KoolKidsKorner
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2017 7:58:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hi! I would love to oppose any motion that you would like to debate! Please consider my offer as, although I am only in y9, I would like to think that I am good, relevant to my age category of course :)
KoolKidsKorner
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2017 8:09:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I should also mention that I'm not used to one on one debates, I'm not sure if you do this in the Phillipines but we do 4 v 4s as a part of an interschool competition, however the format is pretty much equal right? For example: Opening, Argument, Argument, Summary and rebuttals all around?
Mharman
Posts: 4,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2017 11:25:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/23/2017 4:13:48 AM, CodingSource wrote:
How about you make a list of topics you want to debate?
DebateArt.com is where all the users went.
minddrag
Posts: 86
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2017 12:43:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hey bud!
Your batchmate has arrived, back for more action. I'd love to do that debate we once started. You propose a topic and I'm game!
Learn to see what you are looking at. -Glaedr
Use the source JD -Reformist
"I am the victor. In the end nothing else matters." -Galbatorix
"Change is neither good nor bad, but knowledge is always useful."
Applied properly, it [logic] can overcome any lack of wisdom, which one only gains through age and experience. -Ormis
CodingSource
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2017 1:16:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2017 12:43:52 AM, minddrag wrote:
Hey bud!
Your batchmate has arrived, back for more action. I'd love to do that debate we once started. You propose a topic and I'm game!

Okay minddrag :D Let me finish that "5 round" Segregation first, haha!

At 3/23/2017 8:09:01 PM, KoolKidsKorner wrote:
I should also mention that I'm not used to one on one debates, I'm not sure if you do this in the Phillipines but we do 4 v 4s as a part of an interschool competition, however the format is pretty much equal right? For example: Opening, Argument, Argument, Summary and rebuttals all around?

It is also the same here in DDO. We can also follow that format: Acceptance, Opening, Rebuttals, Closing Statements.

I haven't mentioned that, since I joined DDO, it gave me an advantage in debating 1-on-1 in school, hehe :D I have a record of 6-2. :P

At 3/23/2017 9:43:08 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
What happened to your DJ, music career, any hits.

Oh, I stopped :( But I will get back to it soon ;)

At 3/23/2017 11:25:06 PM, Mharman wrote:
At 3/23/2017 4:13:48 AM, CodingSource wrote:
How about you make a list of topics you want to debate?

Oh, sure. This is the list that I must have debated a year ago:

Resolved: absolute drug legalization would do more benefit than harm (con) - The_Witch_Doctor
Separation of the Church and the state (pro) - The-Voice-of-Truth
War on Terror (con) - famousdebater
Torture (con) - Jerry947
Do we have a soul? (pro) - n7
Resolved: The Bible condemns homosexuality. (Pro) - lannan13
Human Euthanasa - A_Poozer

Except the debate topic with famousdebater, choose one of them..or we can talk about the topic we will debate in.
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
Jerry947
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2017 4:30:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/23/2017 4:13:48 AM, CodingSource wrote:
So..I am back! (I do not know if half of you guys still know me. My batchmates, Brian and minddrag, to name a few, are not active anymore. And many of the debates I knew are mostly inactive so...)

In the tournament thing, I felt sick and went to the hospital. And after that, I spent a summer vacation in a place where there is no network. Classes start at June here in the Philippines, so I was busy acing all the tests and homework.

I have decided not to go anywhere since it is summer again. I want to focus playing Charazay and BuzzerBeater and win debates here in DDO.

--

And yes, I am open to debate suggestions. The list I made a year ago, well, all of the guys are inactive except famousdebater and n7. I messaged n7 regarding our debate but he did not respond. famousdebater is a very tough guy to beat (and very famous in DDO, too) that is why I decided to participate in tune-up matches first (haha!) and study bsh1's style of debating.

Let's make a new list again! And I am looking forward for debates with a judge because I accept "losses" in my record more than "Draw". I am currently 10-0-0.

To the new users and to those who did not know me yet (or not familiar), exactly a year ago, I "was" active in forums like I "was" in debating. IF you are confident enough to face me, well..I am open. :D But I did not reach the voting for new staff. Too sad I did not vote imabench :P

I remember you. Nice to see you again.
CodingSource
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2017 4:56:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2017 4:30:13 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

I remember you. Nice to see you again.

Thanks, mate! Do you like to talk about our Torture debate again (I hope your views do not change..)

Segregation should be legal (con) - DawsonBruno (ongoing)
Torture (con) - Jerry947 -> from the old list
War on Terror (con) - famousdebater -> from the old list

Who's got next?!

P.S. I noticed that I always go for con, haha!
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
Jerry947
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2017 5:02:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2017 4:56:30 PM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/24/2017 4:30:13 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

I remember you. Nice to see you again.

Thanks, mate! Do you like to talk about our Torture debate again (I hope your views do not change..)

Segregation should be legal (con) - DawsonBruno (ongoing)
Torture (con) - Jerry947 -> from the old list
War on Terror (con) - famousdebater -> from the old list

Who's got next?!

P.S. I noticed that I always go for con, haha!

I wish I could debate you. But I currently do not have the time.

Perhaps we can do it in the future.
CodingSource
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/24/2017 5:03:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2017 5:02:15 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/24/2017 4:56:30 PM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/24/2017 4:30:13 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

I remember you. Nice to see you again.

Thanks, mate! Do you like to talk about our Torture debate again (I hope your views do not change..)

Segregation should be legal (con) - DawsonBruno (ongoing)
Torture (con) - Jerry947 -> from the old list
War on Terror (con) - famousdebater -> from the old list

Who's got next?!

P.S. I noticed that I always go for con, haha!

I wish I could debate you. But I currently do not have the time.

Perhaps we can do it in the future.

OK. Just PM me if you're available ^_^
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
Jerry947
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2017 12:39:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/24/2017 5:03:26 PM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/24/2017 5:02:15 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/24/2017 4:56:30 PM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/24/2017 4:30:13 PM, Jerry947 wrote:

I remember you. Nice to see you again.

Thanks, mate! Do you like to talk about our Torture debate again (I hope your views do not change..)

Segregation should be legal (con) - DawsonBruno (ongoing)
Torture (con) - Jerry947 -> from the old list
War on Terror (con) - famousdebater -> from the old list

Who's got next?!

P.S. I noticed that I always go for con, haha!

I wish I could debate you. But I currently do not have the time.

Perhaps we can do it in the future.

OK. Just PM me if you're available ^_^

I will be able to do it in a week. I will send you a PM eventually.
CodingSource
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2017 12:40:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Thanks, mate! :) You must have been a very good debater now. It's been a year. Experience will work to your advantage. :)
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
Jerry947
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2017 12:46:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2017 12:40:23 AM, CodingSource wrote:
Thanks, mate! :) You must have been a very good debater now. It's been a year. Experience will work to your advantage. :)

I am not sure, you're 100% win record is pretty impressive. I happen to specialize in God debates and have never done one on torture before. It will be interesting.
CodingSource
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2017 3:41:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2017 12:46:56 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

I am not sure, you're 100% win record is pretty impressive. I happen to specialize in God debates and have never done one on torture before. It will be interesting.

The 10-0-0 record is what I have done a year ago. This year might be different.

Will you also tackle Biblical scriptures in your torture debate?
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2017 3:53:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2017 3:41:34 AM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/25/2017 12:46:56 AM, Jerry947 wrote:

I am not sure, you're 100% win record is pretty impressive. I happen to specialize in God debates and have never done one on torture before. It will be interesting.

The 10-0-0 record is what I have done a year ago. This year might be different.

Will you also tackle Biblical scriptures in your torture debate?

Is your profile picture a picture of you taking a picture of you taking a picture.?
Pure genius source.
I want $50 at two to one , you'll go 20 debates for 20 wins.
CodingSource
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2017 5:32:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Deb-8-A-Bull,yes, haha! It's been a common craze in the Philippines months ago. Mirror selfie? Hehe!

I do not have money. And what do you mean by two to one?

20-0-0? Well...There are a lot of guys that gained experience and learnt from losses while I am gone so..I hope I will still be undefeated by the time.
Jerry now: http://www.debate.org...

vs.

Jerry when he challenged me a year ago: http://www.debate.org...

--

His style has matured. He enumerates his points now. It will be a helluva debate between us :P
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
CodingSource
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2017 4:05:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/26/2017 2:21:35 AM, XLAV wrote:
Kamusta my nigga

Ok lang nigga.. :P Haha! Mag-debate tayo gusto mo? Pareho tayong Pinoy at undefeated, haha!
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Posts: 14,224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2017 5:32:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/26/2017 4:05:21 AM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/26/2017 2:21:35 AM, XLAV wrote:
Kamusta my nigga

Ok lang nigga.. :P Haha! Mag-debate tayo gusto mo? Pareho tayong Pinoy at undefeated, haha!

Di na ako nag dedebate dito hahaha. Halos naglalaro na lang ako sa games forum ng Mafia

But yeah, Its good to see another pinoy at this site.
Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife

Favorite Debate:
Muhammad Drawing Contest
http://www.debate.org...
CodingSource
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2017 11:53:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/26/2017 5:32:36 AM, XLAV wrote:
At 3/26/2017 4:05:21 AM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/26/2017 2:21:35 AM, XLAV wrote:
Kamusta my nigga

Ok lang nigga.. :P Haha! Mag-debate tayo gusto mo? Pareho tayong Pinoy at undefeated, haha!

Di na ako nag dedebate dito hahaha. Halos naglalaro na lang ako sa games forum ng Mafia

But yeah, Its good to see another pinoy at this site.

Aw sayang. We're both undefeated, you know. Here's the deal: if I reached the 17-0-0 record, mag-debate tayo tungkol sa isang paksa tungkol sa kalagayan ng ating bansa..win or lose :D
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
XLAV
Posts: 14,224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2017 2:19:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/26/2017 11:53:12 AM, CodingSource wrote:

Aw sayang. We're both undefeated, you know. Here's the deal: if I reached the 17-0-0 record, mag-debate tayo tungkol sa isang paksa tungkol sa kalagayan ng ating bansa..win or lose :D

No thanks. Like I said, I don't debate anymore.
Baby, you're the highlight of my lowlife

Favorite Debate:
Muhammad Drawing Contest
http://www.debate.org...
CodingSource
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2017 12:59:20 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/27/2017 9:01:44 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 3/24/2017 4:56:30 PM, CodingSource wrote:

Define soul

It is the insubstantial and eternal (imperishable) aspect of a human being.
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
SarcasticIndeed
Posts: 3,202
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2017 4:23:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2017 12:59:20 PM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/27/2017 9:01:44 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 3/24/2017 4:56:30 PM, CodingSource wrote:

Define soul

It is the insubstantial and eternal (imperishable) aspect of a human being.

Is it a thing, an object?

Is it a part of experience?
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
CodingSource
Posts: 403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2017 11:01:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2017 4:23:35 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 3/28/2017 12:59:20 PM, CodingSource wrote:
At 3/27/2017 9:01:44 PM, SarcasticIndeed wrote:
At 3/24/2017 4:56:30 PM, CodingSource wrote:

Define soul

It is the insubstantial and eternal (imperishable) aspect of a human being.

Is it a thing, an object?

Is it a part of experience?

Why would it be an object? Why would it be a part of experience? It is a thing, just like humans are living things.
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2017 11:18:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/25/2017 12:46:56 AM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/25/2017 12:40:23 AM, CodingSource wrote:
Thanks, mate! :) You must have been a very good debater now. It's been a year. Experience will work to your advantage. :)

I am not sure, your* 100% win record is pretty impressive.

10-0? I am 47-0, but W/L records do not deserve as much credit as they are normally given.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Mharman
Posts: 4,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2017 12:01:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/28/2017 11:18:50 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/25/2017 12:46:56 AM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/25/2017 12:40:23 AM, CodingSource wrote:
Thanks, mate! :) You must have been a very good debater now. It's been a year. Experience will work to your advantage. :)

I am not sure, your* 100% win record is pretty impressive.

10-0? I am 47-0, but W/L records do not deserve as much credit as they are normally given.

Try Ragnar's record. Or ResponsiblyIrresponsible's
DebateArt.com is where all the users went.
ColeTrain
Posts: 4,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2017 12:02:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 3/29/2017 12:01:02 AM, Mharman wrote:
At 3/28/2017 11:18:50 PM, ColeTrain wrote:
At 3/25/2017 12:46:56 AM, Jerry947 wrote:
At 3/25/2017 12:40:23 AM, CodingSource wrote:
Thanks, mate! :) You must have been a very good debater now. It's been a year. Experience will work to your advantage. :)

I am not sure, your* 100% win record is pretty impressive.

10-0? I am 47-0, but W/L records do not deserve as much credit as they are normally given.

Try Ragnar's record. Or ResponsiblyIrresponsible's

Lol, you obviously have not been around long.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.