Jump to topic:

Mine The Asteroid Belt

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2019 1:24:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
By mining the asteroid belt we can abolish taxation and pay for everything we need. It"s a dream come true. The price is that we destroy the asteroid belt. Discuss.
Grand Poobah of DDO
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2019 3:06:28 AM
~~~ Leaning wrote:
Bit hard to get there and mine it currently (I think). ~~~

If space program funding were dramatically increased, It would not be so far off. We went to the moon once and that was decades ago. Also, There are some private companies already talking about asteroid mining. I think the public should do it. It"s far too much wealth for just a company. The asteroid belt is worth around $700 quintillion. That"s $100 billion for every $7 billion people on Earth.
Grand Poobah of DDO
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2019 3:09:46 AM
FREEDO
If space program funding were dramatically increased, It would not be so far off. We went to the moon once and that was decades ago. Also, There are some private companies already talking about asteroid mining. I think the public should do it. It"s far too much wealth for just a company. The asteroid belt is worth around $700 quintillion. That"s $100 billion for every $7 billion people on Earth.

Perhaps you're right, But I have no background in the field. So to my uneducated view it does not look realistic yet. To me, If I was trying to promote the welfare of humanity, It'd probably have a rather counterintuitive looking beginning. World conquest.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.