Jump to topic:

Tuition

RobertWilson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2018 5:10:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why Is Tuition so important in current age? Does it reflect the truth that "Parents do not have much time to educate their child or this just a trend or need for modern education"?
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2018 5:28:48 AM
You don't really need your parents help to be educated if you have internet/library and a determination to learn...

Places that hire people to work for them do often ask for a certificate showing they were supposedly educated and supposedly know what to do. Although that is not always the case and some people have become successful without even finishing high school.

Why do you ask?
RobertWilson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2018 5:42:08 AM
At 4/12/2018 5:28:48 AM, Leaning wrote:
You don't really need your parents help to be educated if you have internet/library and a determination to learn...

Places that hire people to work for them do often ask for a certificate showing they were supposedly educated and supposedly know what to do. Although that is not always the case and some people have become successful without even finishing high school.

Why do you ask?

Yes, that true that internet is playing a great role in learning. Some people become successful but that is not the case with everyone. If you search on successful people's quote about education, they do prefer to have a good education.
Jeffword
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2018 12:11:28 PM
I believe that every parent should care more their children's education. It's good for them that there are different essay types at https://paperleaf.ca... that can help them during their college life. Bless you.
jacobgraves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2018 12:32:02 PM
At 4/12/2018 5:10:48 AM, RobertWilson wrote:
Why Is Tuition so important in current age? Does it reflect the truth that "Parents do not have much time to educate their child or this just a trend or need for modern education"?

According to me tuition is necessary in these days. You don"t defend this by simply saying that parents don"t have much time. Study is changing with era and at tuition, tutors are masters of subjects. There is lots of difference between a professional tutor and parents.
RobertWilson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2018 4:42:57 AM
Yes, as the time is changing, the requirement of the study and methods are changing very fast. Tutors or Tuition experts are really necessary for them to groom as a complete child. But you can not deny that our initial teachers are parents, they have to give attention and clear child's basics. It would be very great for the development of the child.
renthewolverine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2018 1:29:55 AM
At 4/12/2018 5:10:48 AM, RobertWilson wrote:

When you say "tuition," I think of college...although you could pay tuition for high school and other forms of primary education. But I'm talking about college.

I would say college does not educate you, per se, and I have a college degree and a professional degree, as well as various forms of continuing education (i.e. web development certificate, various IT classes, etc, after college and grad school). Or at least it doesn't educate you about things that are absolute necessities to know, i.e. basic math, basic reading, basic writing, basic history, basic geography, etc. To me, college is a lot of "nice to know" stuff, or stuff that is "cool to know," or stuff that you can sit around and have interesting discussions and/or arguments about with people--especially if you're studying anything other than fields that one way or the other fall under math and science (which I'd throw Comp Sci, IT and engineering in there under science). But, really, what you learn in college is not anything you really *need* to learn, and that's one of the criticisms of college in various ways, i.e. it doesn't really teach job-related skills, to give one example (except trade school).

With the necessities that are the backbone of education, unfortunately, it seems to increasingly be less about time and more about the parents themselves not knowing enough...though time is still a factor, but even if it weren't...more and more parents really cannot help their kids with what they're learning in school, let alone teach it themselves. And with the college curriculum-type subjects, most of those are either over the parents' heads, as well, or they're basically a matter of personal opinions and personal analysis...stuff parents already teach their kids (I'm thinking about the type of stuff we discussed in classes like political science, psychology, sociology, philosophy and anthropology).

As to why tuition matters and parents want their kids to go to college...it's because they still buy the myth that college opens doors and leads to a good job, good salary and a secure future. It hardly does anymore, but plenty of people are still teaching that to young people and pushing them in that direction, even if it means a lot of debt for somebody (i.e. the kid or the parents or both). Most people don't care about education purely for the sake of education, and especially not if they have to find $30000+/yr for it.
WandaHolding
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2019 11:42:43 AM
Education is still very important for everyone. There is a great post about it on http://canada-writers. Com/ and I agree with its main point - a good education opens more opportunities for a person. Besides, It helps to understand the social problems better and make better choices

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.