Jump to topic:

Intelligence discrimination.

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 6:55:39 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
If you think this is unfair, would you feel morally obligated to cheat on all academic tests?
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2012 11:57:31 PM
this is a variation of, "If you think life is unfair, are you morally obligated to be a criminal?" No, of course not. "Unfairness" is minor, cheating is serious.

The idea that discrimination based upon intelligence is unfair is a pathetic notion. "Fair" means getting what is due. Intelligence is due preference on things which depend upon intelligence.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 12:13:41 AM
Yeah, given what RoyLatham said, I think "Intelligence Discrimination" should be defined. I mean, how is intelligence measured? Testing in general, I don't think, could possibly be considered intelligence discrimination. Academic testing in particular measures aptitude, not intelligence.