Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Beginners' Mafia 52.2: ENDGAME

Sapphique
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2017 3:19:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Town wins!!!

Town

Anoid - You are rain. You nurture the wild by providing everything with water. Because of your dedicated service to the world, you are an Odd-Night Cop. Each odd night, you may select another player. You will learn if that player wins with the Town (innocent) or not (guilty). You win with the Town.

Newstein - You are a thunderstorm. You rain, you flash, and you boom. You're fascinating to look at, but you're not all that scary. For some, you're even comforting to hear in the distance. This makes you a Vanilla. You have no abilities. You win with the Town.

Warren - You are snow. You're beautiful to look at, fun to play in, and always come during some of the best times of the year. But you melt so easily... it's always sad to see you go. This makes you a Vanilla. You have no abilities. You win with the Town.

Cat - You are high winds. You like to come in before the storm and blow things around. You huff and whoosh and howl, but you"re not all that substantial. This makes you the 1x Restless Spirit. Once per game, during a Night Phase after your death, you may name a living player. During the next Day Phase, your spirit will place a vote on that player. You win with the Town.

Mhar - You are a hurricane. Yes, you're a terrible Atlantic storm that likes to gain strength and wreak havoc on the coasts. However, despite how terrible you are, at your center is the eye of the storm, an area of deceptive calm. Because no one can touch you, this makes you an Ascetic. You cannot be targeted by non-lethal actions. You win with the Town.

Sui - You are a flash flood. You're unpredictable, coming down when you want, where you want. When you appear, there's no telling what you'll tear apart and sweep away. You can cause millions of dollars in damage in a matter of minutes. This makes you a PGO. You will kill anyone that visits you. You win with the Town.

Gold - You are a blizzard. You blast the land with snow upon snow, ice upon ice, trapping people in their homes and cars. While you trap people inside their homes, you also offer from possible killers. After all, who would dare go outside during a blizzard? This makes you a 2x Brutal Doctor. Twice per game, you may select another player. That player will be protected from lethal actions. However, each time you protect a player, you will also roleblock them. You win with the Town.

Mafia

Wylted - You are a foggy day. Because you obscure everything, you prevent people from seeing and working properly, and you can even cause them to get lost. This makes you a 2x Redirector. Twice per game, you may choose two players. All actions performed by the first player will be redirected to the second. You win with the Mafia.

Third Party

Cosmo - You are a sunny day. You"re such a warm and welcoming weather, and everyone likes you. Because of your innocent appearance, you are a Godfather. You appear as if you were sided with the Town to investigative roles. You win with the Mafia. [NOTE: converted to TP Survivor due to modkill]

Night Actions

NP1
Anoid - cop Wylted - guilty
Gold - brutal doc Wylted
Wylted - NK Warren - failed

NP2
Wylted - NK Warren - success

NP3
Anoid - cop Mhar - guilty
Wylted - redirect Anoid to Wylted, NK waived

NP4
Cat - place vote on Mhar - failed
Wylted - redirect Sui to Wylted, NK Mhar - success

The theme was weather that can really affect people vs. weather that can't (despite justifications for the vanillas, those weathers can do a sizable amount of damage). I think night actions were used well for the most part, and town did well at the end. Also, yet another reminder to please *read the rules* before playing. They're there for a reason.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sapphique
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2017 3:25:58 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I don't think I missed any night actions...tell me if I did.

Thanks to Vaar for doing most of the work this time, thanks to Warren for the help he gave before the game ended, and thanks to you all for playing.

Signups for the next series will be up in a few days.
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sui_Generis
Posts: 4,650
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2017 7:07:21 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Cat can't vote for an ascetic? that's sorta cheap.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
Sui_Generis
Posts: 4,650
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2017 7:07:49 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2017 7:07:21 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:
Cat can't vote for an ascetic? that's sorta cheap.
Nevermind I'm dumb
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
Sui_Generis
Posts: 4,650
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2017 7:10:56 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Why did cosmojarvis get modkilled? What went down?

Also, did mafia PM not have their actual wincon explicitly stated? I was told in my PM mafia wins when they have the same number of town as mafia, yet the PMs as posted don't reflect that. That is important because if true, that means that Town can be set on a course where it's possible to kill all mafia without all of town dying, but still lose.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
Wylted
Posts: 25,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2017 1:40:54 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2017 7:10:56 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:
Why did cosmojarvis get modkilled? What went down?

in game one he sent me an inappropriate PM that was borderline, but it was after I died. In game 2 he sent me a PM asking who I wanted to NK. It was not a gambit to get him modkilled. I believe in the integrity of the GAME AND want him to act with honor.

Also, did mafia PM not have their actual wincon explicitly stated? I was told in my PM mafia wins when they have the same number of town as mafia, yet the PMs as posted don't reflect that. That is important because if true, that means that Town can be set on a course where it's possible to kill all mafia without all of town dying, but still lose.
Wylted
Posts: 25,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2017 1:43:56 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2017 7:07:21 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:
Cat can't vote for an ascetic? that's sorta cheap.

you did a great job. It was transparent you were trying to draw an NK and I knew from reading the roles list you were lying abot your role. I also should have NKed anoid the final night, because he was basically confirmed town with a godfather flip. The reason I didn't was because I underestimated you, and because you seemed like you really wanted to lynch mharman.
CosmoJarvis
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2017 3:36:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2017 7:10:56 AM, Sui_Generis wrote:
Why did cosmojarvis get modkilled? What went down?

As Wylted said, I sent him a PM to ask him who to NK because I didn't realize that I could to discuss who I wanted to kill on the shared PM with the mods. While I could have been excused by the mods because it was purely a mistake and not intentional cheating and all, because Wylted said it in the game, I was modkilled.
"fake and gay" -Vaarka
"Submit to the soy or be annihilated." -Thett3
Wylted
Posts: 25,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2017 10:10:14 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2017 7:55:58 PM, warren42 wrote:
Why was I the NK target, Wylted?

You were the best player. I targeted you 2 nights in a row.
warren42
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2017 11:59:31 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/23/2017 10:10:14 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 4/23/2017 7:55:58 PM, warren42 wrote:
Why was I the NK target, Wylted?

You were the best player. I targeted you 2 nights in a row.

Yeah boiiiiiiii
Mharman
Posts: 4,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2017 1:03:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
How did Wylted survive the brutal doc from Gold?
Rest in Peace, Lannan13. You will be missed.

"I didn't spend much time talking to Lannan, and I wish I had. He was a chill guy. Really kind, too. Not once did I ever see him get angry. Lannan and Anger were polar opposites, never coming in contact." -Mharman
_______________________________________________________________________________________

A category 7 hurricane of spam has struck DDO. It is advised to go to the nearest nuclear bomb shelter. The outside threads have been decimated.
warren42
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2017 1:12:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2017 1:03:13 AM, Mharman wrote:
How did Wylted survive the brutal doc from Gold?

Brutal Doc was just jailkeeper
Mharman
Posts: 4,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2017 11:58:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 4/24/2017 1:12:02 AM, warren42 wrote:
At 4/24/2017 1:03:13 AM, Mharman wrote:
How did Wylted survive the brutal doc from Gold?

Brutal Doc was just jailkeeper

Oh, I was thinking of Critical Doctor.
Rest in Peace, Lannan13. You will be missed.

"I didn't spend much time talking to Lannan, and I wish I had. He was a chill guy. Really kind, too. Not once did I ever see him get angry. Lannan and Anger were polar opposites, never coming in contact." -Mharman
_______________________________________________________________________________________

A category 7 hurricane of spam has struck DDO. It is advised to go to the nearest nuclear bomb shelter. The outside threads have been decimated.
Sui_Generis
Posts: 4,650
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2017 3:26:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
ima go ahead and claim MVP.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose
Sapphique
Posts: 4,306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2017 1:26:02 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Signups for 53.x are up!
http://www.debate.org...
DDO Beginners' Mafia Moderator -- PM me if you'd like to learn how to play mafia!

"We wondered what happiness would look like if we could give it a physical form...the shape of happiness might resemble glass...even though you don't usually notice it, it's still definitely there. You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light. I doubt that anything else could argue its own existence more eloquently." ~Lelouch
Sui_Generis
Posts: 4,650
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2017 3:13:38 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Put me down as last to fill
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose