Jump to topic:

PREY - Worst video game ever!

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2019 4:02:38 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I really HATE this game. Last night I literally spent 2 hours trying to get by one alien because I don"t have enough ammo and I probably died 50 times before finally getting by him and I was in a big area with places to go. This was one of the bigger aliens with electricity on him that he can use against me. I even had a turret to use although they are pretty useless against the bigger aliens, They are only good for taking out the little mimic aliens. Every method of sneaking by, Distracting the alien and running by, Shooting him a few times until my ammo ran out and running, Nothing worked I could not believe that one alien in one area would take me this long to get by. Eventually I shot him a few times and made a run for it past him, I almost died from the electricity attacks of his but made it past him with 15% health and just ran for the elevator and the door past that area. It turned out there were 3 more aliens further down, I just ran for the elevator, I went down and then I had to use a voice recognition device to open the door, Well this was taking forever and the aliens were coming down the elevator, I knew I would be dead once they came down so I did the only thing I knew to do, Run and hide in desperation behind some boxes in a corner although still exposed, The aliens came down looked around for me and somehow they didn"t see me cowering and shaking in the corner. They eventually left and I went back to the voice recognition door tried it again and ran and hid in the same place just in case the aliens came down the elevator again, They didn"t and it turned out that I had to stay right in front of the door for it to open after a series of voice recognition phrases while I prayed that the aliens would not come down the elevator directly behind me. They didn"t and I finally made it to the next area but that took 2 hours of dying before I did it.

The next area wasn"t any better, A lot of aliens, Drones and here I am with 15% health, 2 shotgun shells and 3 hand gun bullets. Yeah like I was getting through there with the bullet sponge aliens where I need a whole clip just to kill one alien and here was a whole room full of them and me with my 2 shotgun shells and 3 bullets. I had to resort to stealth and sneaking around. I had to get into an office, Unlock a vault door with a computer while also not getting spotted by all these aliens, Once again I probably died 50 more times trying to do this without any ammo, Finally I got through the vault, Into space more dying then back into the same place out of the vault, More aliens, More dying, Then I had to go into another office while a big fire alien walked around in there. Here I am sneaking around desks and clicking one button at a time on the computer and then sneaking out of the office so the alien doesn"t see me and kill me instantly. Another 2 hours later I did what I had to in that office and then I had to leave the area. Of course now my way out was sealed and I had absolutely no clue what to do or where to go. The way I was supposed to go required level 3 lifting to move these big cabinets that were in the way, Well I only have level 1 lifting so I thought now what, It"s not like I"m going to level up 2 levels when I don"t even get any neuromods to level up anything in this game. I probably spent another hour scratching my head thinking how am I going to leave this area before it finally came to me, You can use the glue gun to make steps by shooting blobs on walls that you can climb. After another hour of trying, Falling off and dying and somehow being spotted half the time by aliens from I don"t know where and getting electrocuted I finally made enough glue blobs to climb all the way to the ceiling and over a wall into the room I was supposed to go. But it makes it really hard to climb and jump on glue blobs in first person when you don"t see your feet. That"s one thing I never liked in first person games, When they expect you to jump on small ledges and be precise when you don"t see your feet, It just becomes guess work. Well after an hour of falling off and dying I finally did it and got to the top. Then I had to sneak my way down on the other side of the wall with more aliens and me still with no health or bullets. I got through there only to end up hovering in space. Now you would think hovering in space in a space suit with thrusters would be fun. Well not in this game. Not when there are aliens everywhere attacking you.

I even saw some dead humans that I was going to inspect for health, Ammo, Other parts to use, Well after the first one I inspected I got shocked by electricity and killed by an alien who seemed to just appear out of nowhere. That is the problem with this game, Half the time I get killed and I don"t even know by what or who or from where. You just die. That is how stupid this game is, Here I am in space exploring and all of a sudden a strike of lightning out of nowhere and I"m dead, It"s like WTF what just killed me? This happens to me constantly in this game. I really hate this game. And forget about any other exploration or side quests, I currently have 14 side quests that I could do, And in any other game I would be salivating at doing the extra stuff but in this game that I hate and gives you absolutely no incentive to do side quests as there are just more aliens and me with my 15% health and 2 bullets, Yeah no I"m not doing anything extra.

So I kept slogging on in this horrible game and ended up on a different part of the space station and I almost fell off my chair when I ran into another human being that was not corrupted by aliens but actually a normal human waving to me from a platform and calling me over. Of course there were 3 more large aliens to get by first. After another 30 times dying trying to sneak by and trying to use my glue gun that freezes the aliens for literally 1/2 a second before they unfreeze and kill me and swinging a lame wrench to try to hurt these big aliens I managed to kill 2 of them with one remaining and me sneaking around him, I had to use the glue gun again to make a ladder up to the platform the guy was on.

It turns out there is a whole big group of people alive and hiding out in this area, It was nice to run into some normal people for the first time in this game. By the time I got to this part I was so frustrated and irritated with the constant dying and the stupidity of playing a first person game with no bullets and health that I finally quit for the night. I could have kept playing longer but for one of the rarest times ever I hate this game so much that I would rather do something else then play it. A few hours at a time is enough for me as I"m ready to snap the disc in half, This game is so stupid! How do you develop a game with all these aliens who appear out of nowhere and kill you instantly to making me go without any health, No ammo and over 50 perks to level up but no level points ever found? I don"t get that concept, I have 2 powers out of 50, That"s it! And I have gone to many places already. And why put all these alternative routes if I can"t do them anyways because I don"t have the perks and haven"t leveled up enough. Do you really think I"m going to come back and redo these sections sometime later if I ever level up again to actually use a hack level 4 or lift level 3 to open a storage area, NOT A CHANCE! I hate this game so much I will never return to areas of do any side quests, Especially when the few areas I did return to and there were even more aliens than when I first went through there. Why would I bother when it takes me literally 2 hours to get past one alien? I will not return to open any alternative paths or areas even if I level up later.

All I want to do is the main mission and finish this god awful game. The game of dying, This game shouldn"t be called PREY, It should be called DIE because that"s all that happens to you constantly.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2019 4:23:46 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Hm, Never played it myself, But read your post, So now I'm curious. Think I'll youtube it a bit.
Andawas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2020 3:21:38 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
join to the league of legends :)
if you are too lazy to up a 30 level for ranked games, Buy a cheap smurf here (not advertising)
https://smurfmania. Com/store/buy-lol-account/

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.