Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Is it safe to assume

FanboyMctroll
Posts: 6,099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 7:56:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Is it safe to assume that many people are paranoid? A lot of people are for guns, they want guns, the second amendment gives them that right, they have guns and they wouldn't give them up. The main reason is for home protection and protection for their families. But how many times have you ever needed to use that gun? Sure we see a lot of stories on the news, but those are all over the United States and the world, that doesn't mean every home invasion, robbery, gun violence is in your city, town. We are swayed by Hollywood with their home invasion movies, we hear stories from friends about gun violence, but do we really need guns. Or are people just paranoid? We have police forces to deal with crime, and most people will reply they can't get to you fast enough, but really how many times have you needed to use your gun? Are people just paranoid?

How often have you needed your gun? I can see if you live in Compton in the hood, but for the rest of the people, do you really need that gun? or are you just paranoid and THINK that you need the gun?
Leaning
Posts: 2,353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 8:54:19 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
I would call myself paranoid. Though not specifically about guns. Still, I'd imagine people in general are paranoid about facts of life here and there. Government just get's most of the flak because it's more apparent a force and usually involved in peoples lives in some fashion. Though I'm not sure how much they are paranoid about 'facts' as they are paranoid about perceived facts.
SamStevens
Posts: 5,522
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2018 9:02:55 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/15/2018 7:56:33 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Is it safe to assume that many people are paranoid? A lot of people are for guns, they want guns, the second amendment gives them that right, they have guns and they wouldn't give them up. The main reason is for home protection and protection for their families. But how many times have you ever needed to use that gun? Sure we see a lot of stories on the news, but those are all over the United States and the world, that doesn't mean every home invasion, robbery, gun violence is in your city, town. We are swayed by Hollywood with their home invasion movies, we hear stories from friends about gun violence, but do we really need guns. Or are people just paranoid? We have police forces to deal with crime, and most people will reply they can't get to you fast enough, but really how many times have you needed to use your gun? Are people just paranoid?

How often have you needed your gun? I can see if you live in Compton in the hood, but for the rest of the people, do you really need that gun? or are you just paranoid and THINK that you need the gun?

If a person lives in bear, cougar, wolf, or whatever country, then you ought to have a gun or else you will get jacked.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 6,099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2018 12:53:44 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/15/2018 9:02:55 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/15/2018 7:56:33 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Is it safe to assume that many people are paranoid? A lot of people are for guns, they want guns, the second amendment gives them that right, they have guns and they wouldn't give them up. The main reason is for home protection and protection for their families. But how many times have you ever needed to use that gun? Sure we see a lot of stories on the news, but those are all over the United States and the world, that doesn't mean every home invasion, robbery, gun violence is in your city, town. We are swayed by Hollywood with their home invasion movies, we hear stories from friends about gun violence, but do we really need guns. Or are people just paranoid? We have police forces to deal with crime, and most people will reply they can't get to you fast enough, but really how many times have you needed to use your gun? Are people just paranoid?

How often have you needed your gun? I can see if you live in Compton in the hood, but for the rest of the people, do you really need that gun? or are you just paranoid and THINK that you need the gun?

If a person lives in bear, cougar, wolf, or whatever country, then you ought to have a gun or else you will get jacked.

I agree, but in a big city like New York or Houston, do you need a gun?? The cops are everywhere, and how often will you use the gun, unless you have gang bangers coming up to your house or you are dealing meth, why would you want a gun?
SamStevens
Posts: 5,522
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2018 6:43:28 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/18/2018 12:53:44 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 6/15/2018 9:02:55 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/15/2018 7:56:33 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Is it safe to assume that many people are paranoid? A lot of people are for guns, they want guns, the second amendment gives them that right, they have guns and they wouldn't give them up. The main reason is for home protection and protection for their families. But how many times have you ever needed to use that gun? Sure we see a lot of stories on the news, but those are all over the United States and the world, that doesn't mean every home invasion, robbery, gun violence is in your city, town. We are swayed by Hollywood with their home invasion movies, we hear stories from friends about gun violence, but do we really need guns. Or are people just paranoid? We have police forces to deal with crime, and most people will reply they can't get to you fast enough, but really how many times have you needed to use your gun? Are people just paranoid?

How often have you needed your gun? I can see if you live in Compton in the hood, but for the rest of the people, do you really need that gun? or are you just paranoid and THINK that you need the gun?

If a person lives in bear, cougar, wolf, or whatever country, then you ought to have a gun or else you will get jacked.

I agree, but in a big city like New York or Houston, do you need a gun?? The cops are everywhere, and how often will you use the gun, unless you have gang bangers coming up to your house or you are dealing meth, why would you want a gun?

http://www.youtube.com...

eh, a lot can happen in the 5 minutes it takes police to arrive or whatever. If an armed robber points his gun at you, would you want to putz around making a frantic 911 call or put a bullet between his eyes?
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 6,099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2018 12:51:47 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/18/2018 6:43:28 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/18/2018 12:53:44 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 6/15/2018 9:02:55 PM, SamStevens wrote:
At 6/15/2018 7:56:33 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Is it safe to assume that many people are paranoid? A lot of people are for guns, they want guns, the second amendment gives them that right, they have guns and they wouldn't give them up. The main reason is for home protection and protection for their families. But how many times have you ever needed to use that gun? Sure we see a lot of stories on the news, but those are all over the United States and the world, that doesn't mean every home invasion, robbery, gun violence is in your city, town. We are swayed by Hollywood with their home invasion movies, we hear stories from friends about gun violence, but do we really need guns. Or are people just paranoid? We have police forces to deal with crime, and most people will reply they can't get to you fast enough, but really how many times have you needed to use your gun? Are people just paranoid?

How often have you needed your gun? I can see if you live in Compton in the hood, but for the rest of the people, do you really need that gun? or are you just paranoid and THINK that you need the gun?

If a person lives in bear, cougar, wolf, or whatever country, then you ought to have a gun or else you will get jacked.

I agree, but in a big city like New York or Houston, do you need a gun?? The cops are everywhere, and how often will you use the gun, unless you have gang bangers coming up to your house or you are dealing meth, why would you want a gun?


http://www.youtube.com...

eh, a lot can happen in the 5 minutes it takes police to arrive or whatever. If an armed robber points his gun at you, would you want to putz around making a frantic 911 call or put a bullet between his eyes?

I get your point BUT, how many armed robbers are you running into? Armed robbers only rob people who have money or the rich, they don't just randomly rob people. So unless you live in a mansion with 2 Lamborghini's in the driveway, you probably won't be robbed, and this brings me back to the whole point of this thread.

Are people just paranoid???