Jump to topic:

What manual of style do you prefer?

tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2018 7:42:41 AM
Posted: 11 months ago
What English manual of style do you use, for online conversation, articles you write, and so on?

I tend to use the Chicago Manual of Style. However, when it comes to dashes, I alternate between em dashes and spaced en dashes (though I maintain consistency within each article), and, on DDO and other places where em/en dashes aren't supported, I use a spaced double hyphen. I also tend to italicize things more often than the CMOS would recommend.
Just because you're magic doesn't mean you aren't real.
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2018 6:20:31 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
At 6/16/2018 7:42:41 AM, tejretics wrote:
What English manual of style do you use, for online conversation, articles you write, and so on?

I tend to use the Chicago Manual of Style. However, when it comes to dashes, I alternate between em dashes and spaced en dashes (though I maintain consistency within each article), and, on DDO and other places where em/en dashes aren't supported, I use a spaced double hyphen. I also tend to italicize things more often than the CMOS would recommend.

I use whatever one is required by the class or whatever. For online conversations, I couldn't care less what style is used by me or the other person.