Jump to topic:

To all gas attendants - I will tell you off

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2017 5:20:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am so tired of the constant up selling at gas stations, I realize the gas attendants have to say it, they are told by their boss, but I'm sorry I don't care and since you are the front line worker and not responsible for the rules, it doesn't exempt you from receiving the full brunt of my expletives.

It's always the same, I go in to pay for my gas and this is what I get, Would you like a car wash, no if I wanted one I would tell you, would you like some fresh coffee, no, some lottery tickets, no, soda, buy 2 it's cheaper, fvck no, well I have to ask. Well I don't care, here is my money for the gas now fvck off, are you working on a commission. Then they go on about the boss making them do it, and I don't care, up selling is the most slimy, desperate method of trying to squeeze the most out of a customer.

I didn't want to have a heart attack arguing with the 20 year old hipsters so I stopped going in, now I pay at the pump and leave

Up selling at gas stations is corporate greed and if I have to pay inside you will be told off, I don't care if your boss is making you do it.
Anonymous
2/15/2017 2:04:13 AM
At 2/14/2017 5:20:06 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
I am so tired of the constant up selling at gas stations, I realize the gas attendants have to say it, they are told by their boss, but I'm sorry I don't care and since you are the front line worker and not responsible for the rules, it doesn't exempt you from receiving the full brunt of my expletives.

It's always the same, I go in to pay for my gas and this is what I get, Would you like a car wash, no if I wanted one I would tell you, would you like some fresh coffee, no, some lottery tickets, no, soda, buy 2 it's cheaper, fvck no, well I have to ask. Well I don't care, here is my money for the gas now fvck off, are you working on a commission. Then they go on about the boss making them do it, and I don't care, up selling is the most slimy, desperate method of trying to squeeze the most out of a customer.

I didn't want to have a heart attack arguing with the 20 year old hipsters so I stopped going in, now I pay at the pump and leave

Up selling at gas stations is corporate greed and if I have to pay inside you will be told off, I don't care if your boss is making you do it.

I was just going to say that they don't do that here in Wisconsin, but then I remembered that when quick trips started popping up everywhere they were terrible with it. So annoying. It sucks that the corporate bastards make them do it, because you can tell they don't want to and it must suck for them knowing they are constantly annoying the customer. Other than at quick trip though, I've never seen it done anywhere else.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2017 1:56:28 PM
At 2/15/2017 2:04:13 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:

I was just going to say that they don't do that here in Wisconsin, but then I remembered that when quick trips started popping up everywhere they were terrible with it. So annoying. It sucks that the corporate bastards make them do it, because you can tell they don't want to and it must suck for them knowing they are constantly annoying the customer. Other than at quick trip though, I've never seen it done anywhere else.

I feel bad for them too, but some of them really badger you about everything in the store, air freshner, snack, whatever is on sale. I'm just like dude I need gas that's it, I don't need anything else.

Now I just pay at the pump, while they are skulking inside watching me through the window
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2017 2:27:46 PM

people still go in and pay? wow can't remember the last time I did that, pay at the pump ftw.
Bennett91 the liar http://www.debate.org...
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2017 2:37:15 PM
At 2/15/2017 2:27:46 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

people still go in and pay? wow can't remember the last time I did that, pay at the pump ftw.

Sometimes you still need to go in to pick something up, but I'm telling them what I need not having it shoved down my throat. Even when I do go in for cigarettes and then the attendant always says, 2 will be cheaper" No it wont a-hole if one pack is $8.00 and two pack is $15.00, it's still not cheaper because now you want me to spend $15.00 instead of $8. Corporate greed.

I try to avoid going is as much as possible because I'm not going to have a heart attack over some high cu mother fvcker at the counter.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2017 2:43:57 PM
At 2/15/2017 2:37:15 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Sometimes you still need to go in to pick something up, but I'm telling them what I need not having it shoved down my throat. Even when I do go in for cigarettes and then the attendant always says, 2 will be cheaper" No it wont a-hole if one pack is $8.00 and two pack is $15.00, it's still not cheaper because now you want me to spend $15.00 instead of $8. Corporate greed.

I try to avoid going is as much as possible because I'm not going to have a heart attack over some high cu mother fvcker at the counter.

that's interesting though, many fast food places will do similar things, after all it's just about money.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2017 3:24:31 PM
At 2/15/2017 2:43:57 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

that's interesting though, many fast food places will do similar things, after all it's just about money.

The whole world is about money, it's all buy buy buy, flooded with commercials on TV every 15 minutes, everywhere you go it's buy buy, I get more junk mail flyers in the mail, then actual mail, everywhere you go people are always pushing crap on you. My simple motto is, if I want something I'm going to go buy it or ask for it, don't push it on me. But today it's all about upselling.

I can't even go to a Starbucks and just get a coffee without the barista asking me "would you like a cookie with that" "Fvck no, if I wanted it, I would ask for it" Some people say it's just being thoughtful and being polite about asking if you would like something to compliment the coffee you are buying.

But the way I see it "It's just corporate greed upsell"
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2017 3:31:40 PM
At 2/15/2017 3:24:31 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

The whole world is about money, it's all buy buy buy, flooded with commercials on TV every 15 minutes, everywhere you go it's buy buy, I get more junk mail flyers in the mail, then actual mail, everywhere you go people are always pushing crap on you. My simple motto is, if I want something I'm going to go buy it or ask for it, don't push it on me. But today it's all about upselling.

I can't even go to a Starbucks and just get a coffee without the barista asking me "would you like a cookie with that" "Fvck no, if I wanted it, I would ask for it" Some people say it's just being thoughtful and being polite about asking if you would like something to compliment the coffee you are buying.

I suppose so, i mean they are in the profit making business. To that end anything they can do to squeeze out even an extra penny only benefits them. There's a fine line between making more profits via upsell vs annoying your customers too much.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2017 4:04:10 PM
At 2/15/2017 3:31:40 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

I suppose so, i mean they are in the profit making business. To that end anything they can do to squeeze out even an extra penny only benefits them. There's a fine line between making more profits via upsell vs annoying your customers too much.

I agree it is a fine line but when I just pumped 70 bucks into my SUV and buy a pack of smokes and you are still upselling then I think that is just greed. I'm already spending lots of money, don't push it anymore.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2017 4:07:56 PM
At 2/15/2017 4:04:10 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

I agree it is a fine line but when I just pumped 70 bucks into my SUV and buy a pack of smokes and you are still upselling then I think that is just greed. I'm already spending lots of money, don't push it anymore.

and that makes sense to me, if people spend over a certain amount don't bother them, but we are talking about minimum wage workers and high school students. I haven't been in a starbucks in a while, but I do remember the employees, I'm not sure they could handle too many, if a=b then, (wow very old basic computer language lol)
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2017 4:17:20 PM
At 2/15/2017 4:07:56 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

and that makes sense to me, if people spend over a certain amount don't bother them, but we are talking about minimum wage workers and high school students. I haven't been in a starbucks in a while, but I do remember the employees, I'm not sure they could handle too many, if a=b then, (wow very old basic computer language lol)

Most gas attendants are so used to the upselling, it just comes out of their mouth like they are a robot now, they ring in your purchases and probably repeat the same sentence, 100 times a day or more "Would you like a car wash" I always laugh when I pull up on my motorbike and they ask me if I want a car wash and I say, How fast should I ride I through the car wash once I'm inside, and will it take the bug stains out of my jacket?

The attendants are just minimum wage drones.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2017 4:24:42 PM
At 2/15/2017 4:17:20 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 2/15/2017 4:07:56 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Most gas attendants are so used to the upselling, it just comes out of their mouth like they are a robot now, they ring in your purchases and probably repeat the same sentence, 100 times a day or more "Would you like a car wash" I always laugh when I pull up on my motorbike and they ask me if I want a car wash and I say, How fast should I ride I through the car wash once I'm inside, and will it take the bug stains out of my jacket?

The attendants are just minimum wage drones.

lol so true, and sad, but if it cleans just one car the world will be a prettier place, do it for the children!!!! the children!!!!

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.