Jump to topic:

Police line ups

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2017 4:54:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Alright out of curiosity because it's always killing me, I want to know when a witness is brought to a police station to identify a possible suspect and the police do a line up, where all these guys line up against the wall and the witness has to pick out the suspect, ie #4 or #2. They show it in TV shows and movies all the time.

My question is, you have the suspect, but where do they get the other 5 similar looking dudes from? Are these criminals as well, and how do they get them to look so similar, what they have a suspect so they go out and round up 5 more guys that look very similar to the main suspect from the streets?

Where do they get the other 5 dudes (criminals) from??? It seems like quite a coincidence that the police just happen to have 5 other guys locked up already that look like the main suspect.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2017 4:57:17 PM
At 2/16/2017 4:54:05 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
Alright out of curiosity because it's always killing me, I want to know when a witness is brought to a police station to identify a possible suspect and the police do a line up, where all these guys line up against the wall and the witness has to pick out the suspect, ie #4 or #2. They show it in TV shows and movies all the time.

My question is, you have the suspect, but where do they get the other 5 similar looking dudes from? Are these criminals as well, and how do they get them to look so similar, what they have a suspect so they go out and round up 5 more guys that look very similar to the main suspect from the streets?

Where do they get the other 5 dudes (criminals) from??? It seems like quite a coincidence that the police just happen to have 5 other guys locked up already that look like the main suspect.

they are usually other cops, or perhaps others they have in custody already.
Bennett91 the liar http://www.debate.org...
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2017 5:01:40 PM
At 2/16/2017 4:57:17 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

You mean cops line up with the suspect. And why do they look so similar or is that just in the TV shows and movies
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2017 5:05:00 PM
At 2/16/2017 5:01:40 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

You mean cops line up with the suspect. And why do they look so similar or is that just in the TV shows and movies

yeah cops line up with the suspect, all criminals look a like!!!!! ftw!
Bennett91 the liar http://www.debate.org...
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2017 5:22:16 PM
At 2/16/2017 5:05:00 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 2/16/2017 5:01:40 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

yeah cops line up with the suspect, all criminals look a like!!!!! ftw!

C'mon you can pick a cop out of a crown even without uniform, they need grubby criminal looking guys usually, unless they get the undercover vice or drug squad cops to do the line up, otherwise you would have one straggly looking guy and 5 clean cut short hair dudes beside him. Hmmm I wonder who the criminal in this line up is?
Anonymous
2/21/2017 3:30:26 AM
I really don't know but I always figured the cops take the info they have and then rustle up a few suspects that fit the description. I don't see any reason why they would come up short on them and need to insert cops. Sure, a few of them will be much less likely while one or two will be much more likely. I'm sure that in major cities there are all sorts of repeat offenders to choose from.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.