Jump to topic:

"Overactive imagination"

TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2017 12:08:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Today I was mad at somebody over an argument I'd had with them in a dream. Is this a normal thing?
"HEY GUYS I ASSOCIATE WITH GIRL!"
- Vaarka
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2017 12:10:39 AM
At 4/13/2017 12:08:31 AM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:
Today I was mad at somebody over an argument I'd had with them in a dream. Is this a normal thing?

I don't think so lol. Don't worry about it though
" I got thinkin' how we was holy when we was one thing, an' mankin' was holy when it was one thing. An' it on'y got unholy when one mis'able little fella got the bit in his teeth an' run off his own way, kickin' an' draggin' an' fightin'. Fella like that bust the holiness. But when they're all workin' together, not one fella for another fella, but one fella kind of harnessed to the whole shebang--that's right, that's holy."
--Rev. Casy, The Grapes of Wrath
Swagnarok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2017 12:44:17 AM

I'd say that an overactive imagination comes with some blessings and some curses.
In terms of blessings, you would probably find it easier to entertain yourself, or to write interesting stories. In terms of curses, you would probably be more likely to have a sort of foolish nature, to be more easily led on by charming and charismatic figures with crazy/unrealistic ideas.
Rest in Peace DDO (2007-2018)
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2017 12:50:41 AM

Yes
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2017 12:51:43 AM

I guess it's normal, but it sure is irrational.
DebateArt.com is where all the users went.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2017 1:38:40 AM
You are a very niggling sort of person, GirlWithADumbName.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2017 2:12:10 AM
At 4/13/2017 1:38:40 AM, Devilry wrote:
You are a very niggling sort of person, GirlWithADumbName.

. . . Okay?
"HEY GUYS I ASSOCIATE WITH GIRL!"
- Vaarka
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2017 12:01:41 PM
Not for me since I don't ever remember dreams.. but most of the time, yes. In my experience dreams can have a very dramatic emotional affect on someone that's hard to shake off even into waking hours. If you find that it's affecting how you treat someone even for a little while though I'd be upfront with them (unless it would be weird or creepy) and tell them that you dreamt they were a dick or something and that's why you are irritable or w/e. At least I prefer when people do that to me, so I don't get irritated that they're mad at me over nothing that I can see.
"How true it is that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean. Little audible links they are, chaining together great inaudible feelings and purposes."

"Nobody wants to be in your sig." ~Emilrose

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.