Jump to topic:

I killed a spider and now I feel bad about it

KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2017 5:42:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Please comfort me. It was innocent, and I misinterpreted its fear as aggression. I usually know better than this, but my own fear got the better of myself. Help. It was on my laptop, crawling between the keys. It was about an inch wide.

Well, I didn't actually kill it. My blow was only enough to rip two legs off (or so I remember), and now it will suffer a slow death because of what I did.

I feel so back about myself because of this.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2017 9:02:39 PM
At 5/17/2017 5:42:52 PM, KthulhuHimself wrote:
Please comfort me. It was innocent, and I misinterpreted its fear as aggression. I usually know better than this, but my own fear got the better of myself. Help. It was on my laptop, crawling between the keys. It was about an inch wide.

Well, I didn't actually kill it. My blow was only enough to rip two legs off (or so I remember), and now it will suffer a slow death because of what I did.

Spiders regrow limbs when they moult.
"Hate begets hate"
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/17/2017 10:08:18 PM

It was on your laptop? Crawling between the keys?

Russian hacker spiders confirmed
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2017 1:32:18 AM

Aw, I'm sorry. Be glad you're one of the few people who recognizes every life as precious. *hugs*
" I got thinkin' how we was holy when we was one thing, an' mankin' was holy when it was one thing. An' it on'y got unholy when one mis'able little fella got the bit in his teeth an' run off his own way, kickin' an' draggin' an' fightin'. Fella like that bust the holiness. But when they're all workin' together, not one fella for another fella, but one fella kind of harnessed to the whole shebang--that's right, that's holy."
--Rev. Casy, The Grapes of Wrath
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2017 5:01:34 PM
At 5/17/2017 9:02:39 PM, Axonly wrote:

They do? I feel much better now.

http://25.media.tumblr.com...
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2017 5:03:04 PM
At 5/18/2017 1:32:18 AM, Tree_of_Death wrote:

Aw, I'm sorry. Be glad you're one of the few people who recognizes every life as precious. *hugs*

Thanks, man. But apparently they grow their limbs back, so maybe it's alright.

(: ------ Who knows.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2017 5:57:23 PM

It's called anthropocentrism and survival of the fittest. That spider was nothing compared to you.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2017 8:04:58 PM

Ripping off two legs is not enough to kill a spider. It'll be fine.
DebateArt.com is where all the users went.
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2017 8:06:15 PM
At 5/18/2017 5:01:34 PM, KthulhuHimself wrote:

Ripping off two legs isn't enough to kill a spider anyways. They can have almost full mobility with four legs.
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2017 10:01:28 AM
At 5/18/2017 8:06:15 PM, Mharman wrote:

Ripping off two legs isn't enough to kill a spider anyways. They can have almost full mobility with four legs.

Thanks for telling me, I'm pretty much over it by now (given the information).
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2017 10:14:27 AM

Keep it up and . Gradually working your way up to birds , cats and dogs . And in next to no time you'll be able to squash little kittens and puppies with ya bear hands and not think about it a second later .
Why would you have one dog for 15 years when you can get a fresh puppy every year for 15 years.
You got to start somewhere..
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2017 12:05:43 PM
At 5/19/2017 10:01:28 AM, KthulhuHimself wrote:
At 5/18/2017 8:06:15 PM, Mharman wrote:

Thanks for telling me, I'm pretty much over it by now (given the information).

Yeah, that spider is almost definitely still alive.
Anonymous
5/20/2017 2:00:32 PM

awww don't feel bad, after all the last chicken you ate had it's limbs chopped alive then thrown to a shredder (also alive), probably along with its cute newborn chickens. So after this atrocity, a mauled spider feels like nothing! :):)
KthulhuHimself
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2017 9:33:24 AM
At 5/20/2017 2:00:32 PM, Otokage wrote:

awww don't feel bad, after all the last chicken you ate had it's limbs chopped alive then thrown to a shredder (also alive), probably along with its cute newborn chickens. So after this atrocity, a mauled spider feels like nothing! :):)

That doesn't happen to chickens. I know they are killed, and usually in a rather inhumane manner, but you're still making things up.

Also, I'm a vegetarian. It's somewhat an *sshole move on your behalf to assume otherwise.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2017 3:33:09 AM
At 5/21/2017 9:33:24 AM, KthulhuHimself wrote:
At 5/20/2017 2:00:32 PM, Otokage wrote:

That doesn't happen to chickens. I know they are killed, and usually in a rather inhumane manner, but you're still making things up.

Also, I'm a vegetarian. It's somewhat an *sshole move on your behalf to assume otherwise.

Are you vegetarian because you like animals, or because you just hate plants? C:
"Hate begets hate"
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2017 4:26:56 AM
At 5/19/2017 10:14:27 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Keep it up and . Gradually working your way up to birds , cats and dogs . And in next to no time you'll be able to squash little kittens and puppies with ya bear hands and not think about it a second later .
Why would you have one dog for 15 years when you can get a fresh puppy every year for 15 years.
You got to start somewhere..

Eh, dark humor is good for the world....
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2017 4:26:57 AM

When I was a kid I killed a bug once in my house. My father asked me why I killed it when it didn't do anything to me and I had no answer, I just thought that was the thing to do when you saw a bug in the house ya know? Ever since then I've only killed bugs, spiders, etc., if they bite me first.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2017 4:33:43 AM
At 5/22/2017 4:26:57 AM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

When I was a kid I killed a bug once in my house. My father asked me why I killed it when it didn't do anything to me and I had no answer, I just thought that was the thing to do when you saw a bug in the house ya know? Ever since then I've only killed bugs, spiders, etc., if they bite me first.

Humans are absurd, we freak out because it is yucky or whatever. This bug is just doing it's thing then this massive freaking creature mecilessly pursues and hunts you down then seriously overkills you.
reece
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2017 8:26:37 AM
At 5/18/2017 5:57:23 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

It's called anthropocentrism and survival of the fittest. That spider was nothing compared to you.

Yeah, it was the spiders fault for not adapting fast enough.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.