Jump to topic:

I had waffles for breakfast; AMA

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2017 3:27:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Since I was only making waffles for myself, I halved all the ingredients when I made the batter. I still have some left over.
"When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, the foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest." ~Proverbs 29:9

"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2017 4:12:59 PM
Oh wow...this is the perfect AMA...

-How were the waffles?

-I've never tried waffles, do you really recommend them?

-Do lots of Americans have waffles for breakfast?

-Would you say you're a good cook?
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2017 5:37:55 PM
At 7/28/2017 3:27:56 PM, philochristos wrote:
Since I was only making waffles for myself, I halved all the ingredients when I made the batter. I still have some left over.

Wow if this is what we are discussing now, here is mine

I took a big dump this morning AMA
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2017 8:19:22 PM
At 7/28/2017 4:12:59 PM, Emilrose wrote:

-How were the waffles?

They were great. I used to have a Belgian waffle iron, but never really liked it, so I got rid of it. Recently, I got a new waffle iron, and I like this one much better.

Definitely. They are better than pancakes in my opinion, but not quite as good as French toast.

They must. I see waffle irons everywhere.

I'm pretty average. I can follow a recipe, but I'm not very creative.
"When a wise man has a controversy with a foolish man, the foolish man either rages or laughs, and there is no rest." ~Proverbs 29:9

"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2017 8:19:53 PM
At 7/28/2017 5:37:55 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Wow if this is what we are discussing now, here is mine

I took a big dump this morning AMA

Start your own thread, and stop hijacking mine!

Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 12:18:09 AM

Did you enjoy the experience?
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 12:19:23 AM
At 7/30/2017 12:18:09 AM, Vaarka wrote:

Did you enjoy the experience?

Yes, I did. I think I enjoyed the experience of eating them more than the experience of making them, but both were enjoyable.

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 5:09:39 AM
What areas of philosophy are you into?
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Debate challenge 'Solipsism is false:' http://www.debate.org...
If God were real... http://www.debate.org...
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 1:43:03 PM
At 7/30/2017 5:09:39 AM, Smithereens wrote:

Epistemology, the mind/body problem, free will, and natural theology or the philosophy of religion.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 1:46:51 PM

-How were the waffles?

I will answer this. No, I eat Bagels. It gives me a free pass to make Jewish jokes because it proves I'm not racist.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 1:49:04 PM
At 7/30/2017 1:43:03 PM, philochristos wrote:

Epistemology, the mind/body problem, free will, and natural theology or the philosophy of religion.

Free will does not exist. You're welcome, now you can focus on the other things you mentioned more.

Also, what type of syrup did you use?

Why were you eating alone?

Did you know you can buy premise waffles and just put them in a toaster so it saves you a few steps?
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 2:01:12 PM
At 7/30/2017 1:49:04 PM, Wylted wrote:

Free will does not exist. You're welcome, now you can focus on the other things you mentioned more.

That doesn't help. One doesn't have to believe in free will to be interested in the subject. There's far more involved with the subject than whether free will exists or not. For example, there's the question of what exactly free will is. Then there are different varieties of free will such as libertarianism and compatibilism. There's the question of whether either one of them is coherent. There's the question of whether either one of them is a necessary precondition for rational thought or moral accountability, or if either of them would undermine rational thought or moral accountability. There's the question over whether either is consistent with materialism, whether quantum theory is relevant to libertarianism.

Also, what type of syrup did you use?

Signature Select Maple Syrup

There's nobody else here except my cat, and he isn't interested.

Did you know you can buy premise waffles and just put them in a toaster so it saves you a few steps?

I've never heard of premise waffles, but it sounds like frozen waffles which I was aware of. Still, I like to make waffles on my waffle iron.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 2:02:07 PM
At 7/30/2017 1:49:53 PM, Wylted wrote:
Premade not premise

Oh! Okay. Yeah, I knew about that, but I still like to make them. Sometimes I'll put pecans in them or blueberries, though I don't think I'll do blueberries anymore.

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 2:46:33 PM

Try getting a dog. They are good for when your gun misfires but you still need to kill the intruder. Dogs also love you, instead of merely coexist with you. They will also lick your testicles if you put peanut butter on them, cats will just sniff them and walk away.

I've never heard of premise waffles, but it sounds like frozen waffles which I was aware of. Still, I like to make waffles on my waffle iron.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 2:47:12 PM
At 7/30/2017 2:02:07 PM, philochristos wrote:
Premade not premise

Oh! Okay. Yeah, I knew about that, but I still like to make them. Sometimes I'll put pecans in them or blueberries, though I don't think I'll do blueberries anymore.

Makes me wonder if you have some sort of horror story about blueberries to tell.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 2:49:24 PM

-How were the waffles?

Yes, they are pancakes with holes that keep the syrup in place. So if you like a better engineered pancake, I would say yes.

Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 2:55:24 PM
At 7/30/2017 2:49:24 PM, Wylted wrote:

-How were the waffles?

Yes, they are pancakes with holes that keep the syrup in place. So if you like a better engineered pancake, I would say yes.

Well I actually do like pancakes, so I guess I'd like these too...

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 7:52:07 PM
At 7/30/2017 2:46:33 PM, Wylted wrote:

Try getting a dog. They are good for when your gun misfires but you still need to kill the intruder. Dogs also love you, instead of merely coexist with you. They will also lick your testicles if you put peanut butter on them, cats will just sniff them and walk away.

Dogs are obnoxious and high maintenance. I think I'll stick with the cat.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 7:53:15 PM
At 7/30/2017 2:47:12 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 7/30/2017 2:02:07 PM, philochristos wrote:
Premade not premise

Makes me wonder if you have some sort of horror story about blueberries to tell.

No, it's just that after trying it, I decided I don't like it very much. I got the blueberries to make scones, which I like, and since I had a few left over, I thought I'd try them in waffles, which I didn't like.

philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 7:54:46 PM
At 7/30/2017 2:55:24 PM, Emilrose wrote:

-How were the waffles?

Waffles are better than pancakes because they're a little crispier and they don't absorb the syrup and become soggy.

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 11:40:51 PM

What are your positions on each of those?
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Debate challenge 'Solipsism is false:' http://www.debate.org...
If God were real... http://www.debate.org...
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2017 11:56:26 PM
At 7/30/2017 7:54:46 PM, philochristos wrote:
At 7/30/2017 2:55:24 PM, Emilrose wrote:

-How were the waffles?

Waffles are better than pancakes because they're a little crispier and they don't absorb the syrup and become soggy.

I quite enjoy cooking...so I'll make some.
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2017 2:45:11 AM
At 7/30/2017 11:40:51 PM, Smithereens wrote:

What are your positions on each of those?

Epistemology: weak foundationlism
mind/body: substance dualism
free will: compatibilism
natural theology: theism

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.