Jump to topic:

Need Advice Over Dispute

catwise
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 7:21:19 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I need help sorting out a dispute that I have with a relative. I am angry about the situation, so my view may be skewed, and I do want to settle this in a fair manner. I hope the format I used to describe the situation is not confusing. It was hard to write. Please let me know if it does not make sense.

People Involved
Person 1 - mother
Person 2 - daughter (with 2 kids)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Person 3 - father
Person 4 - daughter (with 1 kid)

Four people buy a piece of property for $12,750. It is strictly for camping in the summer. The agreement between all four parties is that the property will never be sold and will be equally passed onto the kids. All the kids grew up camping there, and they have all been told they will someday own it together. All the kids get along.

Payments are divided between the four people. Payments are for a total of 60 months.

One of the people (Person 3 - father) dies after paying for 34 months. (Person 4 - daughter) cannot afford to make deceased fathers payments, so the rest of the payments get divided amongst the three remaining owners.

Many years go by, and the property has been paid for 20 years. (Person 1 " mother) dies. Person 2 - daughter (with the 2 kids) inherits mothers portion of the property. Person 2 - daughter (with 2 kids) cleans up the title/deed taking the two deceased people off the title leaving only the two daughters.

Person 4 - daughter (with 1 kid) realizes that she is now 50% owner and wants her kid to be 50% owner and the other kids to be 25% owner. She wants to be majority owners so that she can be in control (those are her words). Person 2 - daughter (with 2 kids) is aware of an incident 2 years ago where Person 2 - daughter (with 1 kids) tells one of her kids that if she wants to use the shower, she has to do more work around the property. The kid (30 years old) has been working on the property since she was a little girl. We ignore the incident because that is the bossy nature of the person.

A bark beetle comes through the property and kills every single pine tree on the property. The cost to remove the trees is over $13,000 which is more than the property cost. Person 4 - daughter (with 1 kid) does not have the money to pay for half the tree removal and wants to let them fall. There are 4 cabins all around and if a tree falls on a cabin and destroys it, or god forbid, on a person and kills them, Person 2 - daughter (has 2 kids) will be sued because she owns other property and has money in the bank, and is forced to pay for all the trees to be removed.

Person 2 - daughter (has 2 kids) also built a cabin on the property for $30k under the assumption that the 2 kids would one day inherit equal shares of the property.

Right now we are not talking and I really want to get this settled.
catwise
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 10:58:52 PM
I have decided to seek legal advice so I no longer need advice.

How can I delete this thread?

Thanks
SamStevens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 11:20:46 PM
At 5/28/2018 10:58:52 PM, catwise wrote:
I have decided to seek legal advice so I no longer need advice.

Good

How can I delete this thread?

You don't

Thanks