Jump to topic:

Share Something About Yourself

warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2018 3:06:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Lannan and I were not close, but learning of his death was incredibly upsetting never the less. He was a kind soul.

I wanted to do something that would potentially help the other members on the site get to know one another by starting conversations about one another as people. Sometimes making a friend to fall back on can save a life. Not always, or even often, but it can't hurt to try.

Share something about yourself. It could be anything, be it what's going on in your life, or a weird quirk you have, or something you find interesting. Anything, really, but I'd prefer they remain apolitical and stay away from anything that will derail the thread with arguments.

I'll go first. I'm currently a football operations intern with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, which is my favorite NFL team. I'm living out my childhood dream; I've met Buccaneer legend Warren Sapp, who I drove from the airport to his friend's house, and the player I idolized growing up, Ronde Barber. The job is rewarding but exhausting, I'm averaging about 80 hours a week and probably getting around 6 hours of sleep a night. I have to return to school in 7 days, because the semester starts on August 20. I'm excited to live with three of my best friends, and hope that this is the year I learn to enjoy school. We'll see.
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2018 3:52:29 AM
At 8/12/2018 3:06:43 AM, warren42 wrote:
Lannan and I were not close, but learning of his death was incredibly upsetting never the less. He was a kind soul.

I wanted to do something that would potentially help the other members on the site get to know one another by starting conversations about one another as people. Sometimes making a friend to fall back on can save a life. Not always, or even often, but it can't hurt to try.

Share something about yourself. It could be anything, be it what's going on in your life, or a weird quirk you have, or something you find interesting. Anything, really, but I'd prefer they remain apolitical and stay away from anything that will derail the thread with arguments.

I'll go first. I'm currently a football operations intern with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, which is my favorite NFL team. I'm living out my childhood dream; I've met Buccaneer legend Warren Sapp, who I drove from the airport to his friend's house, and the player I idolized growing up, Ronde Barber. The job is rewarding but exhausting, I'm averaging about 80 hours a week and probably getting around 6 hours of sleep a night. I have to return to school in 7 days, because the semester starts on August 20. I'm excited to live with three of my best friends, and hope that this is the year I learn to enjoy school. We'll see.

Great thread.... And great motivation for this thread....

I bet you did have a blast being an intern for The TB Buccaneer... This does sound like a dream come true... So, congratulations...
I know how you feel about the school semester. All to well. LoL

I actually start back Aug. 27. But my problem inst school itself. Either thou i just need two full semester to get my Accounting bachelor degree. No. My problem is moving within the next three months maybe 4. So, this alone adding to the stress level beside working at my job too. I was comfortable too. I been living there for over 8 years... So, you might be able to imagine my difficulty on this situation....

On the side note it great to have football season back in full swing....
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2018 4:19:26 AM

I'm very happy for you :) Your hard work will pay off. Enjoy your time at school. Go to a few parties.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2018 4:27:47 AM
I'm a city dwelling beach bum with a strong affinity for the ocean.

I struggle with lack of patience.

I really love to learn and travel.

I'm very good at keeping secrets.

I used to be very religious.

I practice gratitude every day.

I'm addicted to coffee.

I read a lot. I'm a music buff.

I'm devastated about lannan.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2018 4:37:10 AM
I think it's important to stand up for yourself and others.

I have a lot of friendships. I think friends are important.

I'm a very successful autodidact.

In pre-school my teacher told my mom I always "marched to the beat of my own drum," and I think that still rings true today.

I'm an individualist. I mostly rely on myself. I don't trust others all that much.

I'm really, really bad at small talk. I'm bad at hiding what I'm thinking/feeling.

Just got back from "Top of the Standard" bar in the Meatpacking District, and it was v good.

Had 4 cocktails; some guy bought 2 of them for me. Thank you, Jeff from Astoria.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2018 4:48:04 AM
I am also very, very sad about Lannan. I am angry at his family for what they did to him, I would like to see his father in particular get what he deserves. The way his family treated him disgusts me.

Some of my closest friends, I've met on DDO. There are a lot more people on this site who I deeply care about than I think a lot of people realize.

I like what I do now, but I probably would have been happier teaching undergraduates than doing what I do now.

I'm a really good chef, and can cook as well as many professional chefs I know. On the subject of chefs, Anthony Bourdain's suicide is something that I have not been able to get out of my head since it happened. He is the only "celebrity" whose life I have ever cared about. Though he was rough around the edges, he is one of the most fundamentally decent people who has ever been on TV.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2018 4:55:12 AM
I think that the impact of data, social media, interconnectivity, and the extent of electronic integration has left our lives more fragmented than in previous years or generations.

I think it's made us less trusting of others, hyperconscious of our "status" and therefore depressed and isolated where we see ourselves in relation to others and despair at how much better their lives seem than our own.

I think I was one of the last to grow up in elementary, middle, and most of high school without Twitter, Facebook, Instigram, and the like, and I think that is a good thing.
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2018 11:29:53 AM
I'm a pretty private person, but I will say I've really enjoyed this website over these past few years. I find most of you to be very cool (even if we disagree sometimes).
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2018 4:59:03 PM
I walk on my toes
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
tomcat1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2018 5:07:43 PM
@ Nd,

Even though I am not active here anymore, and even though you and I are polar opposites when it comes to religion and politics I certainly enjoyed our sports discussions during my active time here and I continue to consider you a friend who I met here.

I wish you the best in completing your education and finding the job that is just right for you in the accounting field. I also wish your Dodgers the best in their stretch run and your Ravens the best during the NFL season.
TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2018 6:09:09 PM
At 8/12/2018 4:27:47 AM, Danielle wrote:
I love the beach too Just don't live by it.

Same

Never traveled before but would love to.

Yup me too.

Sadly i wish i still was.

I struggle to do this but i try. Good that you do.

I'm addicted to coffee.
Oh my gawd Yess!!! Same!!

Wish i had more time to read. And love music..

I cried when i found out. It's very heartbreaking what happened to him.
~Family of 4 Forever~
TurleDoveSammie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2018 6:18:36 PM
Secretly I've become anti-social in real life. I have no friends i can literally say are friends. I never go out and started writing lyrics to make songs about my kids. I hate having irl conversations with people i don't know and just stay to myself. If anyone gets in my way our messes with my family I'll become your worst nightmare. God is no longer at the center of my being but i do still believe in him and pray to him. If i didn't have to worry about my hair falling out id dye it every chance i get. I have 1 tattoo and will be getting more really soon and also thinking about getting some piercings. Welcome to the not so good me. Hate me dislike me like me love me whatever. It is what it is!
~Family of 4 Forever~
Nd2400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2018 9:34:01 PM
At 8/12/2018 5:07:43 PM, tomcat1 wrote:
@ Nd,

Even though I am not active here anymore, and even though you and I are polar opposites when it comes to religion and politics I certainly enjoyed our sports discussions during my active time here and I continue to consider you a friend who I met here.

I wish you the best in completing your education and finding the job that is just right for you in the accounting field. I also wish your Dodgers the best in their stretch run and your Ravens the best during the NFL season.

Why thank you very much.... Greatly appreciated...

I also miss having those back and forth in our sport section...

Oh, who are you pulling for in the NFL?
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2018 2:42:33 PM
At 8/12/2018 3:52:29 AM, Nd2400 wrote:
Great thread.... And great motivation for this thread....

I bet you did have a blast being an intern for The TB Buccaneer... This does sound like a dream come true... So, congratulations...
I know how you feel about the school semester. All to well. LoL

Like I said, the days were long and difficult but it was definitely a wild ride. In addition to Warren Sapp, Shelton Quarles, former Pro Bowler and SB champ was one of my bosses, and I met Derrick Brooks in passing. I also had a full on conversation with my childhood hero Ronde Barber.

I actually start back Aug. 27. But my problem inst school itself. Either thou i just need two full semester to get my Accounting bachelor degree. No. My problem is moving within the next three months maybe 4. So, this alone adding to the stress level beside working at my job too. I was comfortable too. I been living there for over 8 years... So, you might be able to imagine my difficulty on this situation....

That'll definitely be a stressful time. Hopefully you're able to balance things as well as possible!

On the side note it great to have football season back in full swing....

Definitely. I'm even more excited since I've met some of these guys and had conversations with them. It'll be sad when a decent portion of them inevitably get cut :/
warren42
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2018 2:50:51 PM
At 8/12/2018 4:19:26 AM, Danielle wrote:

I'm very happy for you :) Your hard work will pay off. Enjoy your time at school. Go to a few parties.

I hope so, we'll see! And I probably won't, but maybe the peer pressure will get to me haha

At 8/12/2018 4:27:47 AM, Danielle wrote:

Where are your favorite places you've traveled?

Why are you not anymore?

I'm addicted to coffee.

What kinds of things do you read? What are your three favorite artists, and what are your three favorite artists that aren't popular?

Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2018 12:33:05 AM
Eh, I was walking home from the store today. One of my bags ripped spilling the contents about the intersection I was crossing at the time. A person in a car called out to me if I wanted a ride, first time they asked I said no, second time they asked if I was sure I said sure.

I was only maybe 15 min walk from where I live and could have managed but it was nice anyway. So hot and humid outside today where I am.

Anyway nice people. Made me think of a conversation I had with a coworker earlier today where he went on an on about how horrible humans are. I think 'I' still would have been thinking there are good and bad people anyway even if someone had done something negative to me earlier today. But still felt good to see good people.

Well, probably good people. Charitable act in anycase it seems to me.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.