Jump to topic:

Phi Alpha Theta

Swagnarok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2017 8:57:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Today I was handed a letter by a teacher. That letter invited me to join something called Phi Alpha Theta, which apparently is like an honors society for history students.
If I were to accept, what exactly would that mean? Would I be required to attend events/meets or the likes? Would that make my job resume look significantly better?
Any thoughts or advice?
Rest in Peace DDO (2007-2018)
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2017 8:58:38 PM
At 3/8/2017 8:57:22 PM, Swagnarok wrote:
Today I was handed a letter by a teacher. That letter invited me to join something called Phi Alpha Theta, which apparently is like an honors society for history students.
If I were to accept, what exactly would that mean? Would I be required to attend events/meets or the likes? Would that make my job resume look significantly better?
Any thoughts or advice?

You should absolutely join.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2017 9:34:23 PM
Any thoughts or advice?

On a scale how nerdy are you?

Have you done easily anything school has thrown at you?
Swagnarok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2017 9:40:50 PM
At 3/8/2017 9:38:26 PM, Danielle wrote:
Join. It's minimal effort, you might make friends through the events, and It's just something to put on your resume.

I'll have to pay a $50 fee.
Swagnarok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2017 9:42:04 PM
At 3/8/2017 9:34:23 PM, Perussi wrote:
Any thoughts or advice?

Somewhere from 7-9, I'd say.

?
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2017 9:48:56 PM
At 3/8/2017 9:42:04 PM, Swagnarok wrote:
At 3/8/2017 9:34:23 PM, Perussi wrote:
Any thoughts or advice?

Somewhere from 7-9, I'd say.

Do it.

?

And y u no google?

http://phialphatheta.org...

(unless you did)
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2017 9:49:02 PM
Any thoughts or advice?

You're probably going to get a lot of invitations to join honors societies during your time at college. There are only two you should consider. One is your subject specific honors society, in your case Phi Alpha Theta. The other is something like Phi Kappa Phi, or one that has even stricter standards (iirc, you have to be in the top 10% of your class to be eligible to join Phi Kappa Phi). Having these two imply that you could join basically any other, making the others redundant.
We are not dead. We have never lived. - Varg Vikernes, "Det som en gang var"

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.