Jump to topic:

I need some relationship advice (again)

TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2017 11:28:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Yay it's time for more GWNI teen angst BS!

So, uh. On a more serious note . . .I know this girl. And she's basically amazing in every way. The thing is, she's been in a lot of short, not super healthy relationships lately. And I don't want to go into detail because i don't have the right to be spreading her business on the internet, but I'm worried about her and I just . . . Don't know what I'm supposed to do.

And, you know, I also really like her and sort of want to date her but I'm not sure that being in a relationship would be healthy for either of us right now . . . And I don't want to just be with her for a few weeks and then hurt her because that'd be awful . . .

I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
"HEY GUYS I ASSOCIATE WITH GIRL!"
- Vaarka
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2017 11:31:24 PM
At 3/11/2017 11:28:23 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:

So, uh. On a more serious note . . .I know this girl. And she's basically amazing in every way. The thing is, she's been in a lot of short, not super healthy relationships lately. And I don't want to go into detail because i don't have the right to be spreading her business on the internet, but I'm worried about her and I just . . . Don't know what I'm supposed to do.

And, you know, I also really like her and sort of want to date her but I'm not sure that being in a relationship would be healthy for either of us right now . . . And I don't want to just be with her for a few weeks and then hurt her because that'd be awful . . .

I don't think you should risk it.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2017 11:37:40 PM
At 3/11/2017 11:31:24 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Probably not . . .

Here's my screwed up logic though. The way things have been lately, if she's not in a relationship with me, I'm guessing she'll fall for someone else. And whoever that someone else is, they'll probably end up hurting her. So if she's with me, and I can manage to not hurt her or screw everything up, maybe she'll be okay.

But I know that's probably a terrible reason to be in a relationship.
- Vaarka
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2017 11:40:40 PM
At 3/11/2017 11:37:40 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:

Probably not . . .

Here's my screwed up logic though. The way things have been lately, if she's not in a relationship with me, I'm guessing she'll fall for someone else. And whoever that someone else is, they'll probably end up hurting her. So if she's with me, and I can manage to not hurt her or screw everything up, maybe she'll be okay.

I really think you should stay away.

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Jerry947
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2017 11:42:05 PM

A lesbian relationship isn't healthy. So, I say no.
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2017 11:42:57 PM
At 3/11/2017 11:40:40 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Probably not . . .

I know. I know you're probably right, but (at least in the short term) I don't want to.
- Vaarka
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2017 11:45:03 PM
At 3/11/2017 11:42:57 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:
At 3/11/2017 11:40:40 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Probably not . . .

I know. I know you're probably right, but (at least in the short term) I don't want to.

At your age, I guarantee you'll move on and find someone better. Don't worry.

~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

~Abraham Lincoln

Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2017 11:52:54 PM
At 3/11/2017 11:42:05 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
A lesbian relationship isn't healthy.

And why is that?
" I got thinkin' how we was holy when we was one thing, an' mankin' was holy when it was one thing. An' it on'y got unholy when one mis'able little fella got the bit in his teeth an' run off his own way, kickin' an' draggin' an' fightin'. Fella like that bust the holiness. But when they're all workin' together, not one fella for another fella, but one fella kind of harnessed to the whole shebang--that's right, that's holy."
--Rev. Casy, The Grapes of Wrath
GoldFyre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2017 11:55:10 PM
Relationships are exploitative deathtraps. If you get in one, make sure you are doing the exploiting
Tree_of_Death
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017

Will entering into a relationship with her improve the quality of life for both of you?

and

Do you truly love her? Not just "like" but actually love, as in "Is she someone you would want to spend your life with, grow old together, etc..."

If the answer to both of these is yes, do it. If not, don't.

I'm probably oversimplifying it here, but that's what I would do if I were in your shoes.
" I got thinkin' how we was holy when we was one thing, an' mankin' was holy when it was one thing. An' it on'y got unholy when one mis'able little fella got the bit in his teeth an' run off his own way, kickin' an' draggin' an' fightin'. Fella like that bust the holiness. But when they're all workin' together, not one fella for another fella, but one fella kind of harnessed to the whole shebang--that's right, that's holy."
--Rev. Casy, The Grapes of Wrath
Jerry947
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 12:03:35 AM
At 3/11/2017 11:52:54 PM, Tree_of_Death wrote:
At 3/11/2017 11:42:05 PM, Jerry947 wrote:
A lesbian relationship isn't healthy.

And why is that?

I have explained this in other threads/debates. I don't want to derail this thread. I am just giving my advice.
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 12:20:13 AM
At 3/12/2017, Tree_of_Death wrote:

Will entering into a relationship with her improve the quality of life for both of you?
Honestly? Probably not.
and

Do you truly love her? Not just "like" but actually love, as in "Is she someone you would want to spend your life with, grow old together, etc..."
I think so, yes.

I'm probably oversimplifying it here, but that's what I would do if I were in your shoes.

Thank you.
- Vaarka
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 12:35:32 AM

Don't do it...
DebateArt.com is where all the users went.
GoldFyre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 12:47:12 AM
lulz, I'll set aside my bitterness for a second and say that you're a teen. Relationships at your age are supposed to be fun, not stressful. Have a short, fun fling and move on. dont' expect it to be anything else.

You don't want to be 23 and never have been in a relationship because you thought they were supposed to be real in high school
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 12:51:25 AM

Not a person you want to date, obviously i think. ;-;

Find someone else dude.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 12:52:09 AM

Probably not . . .

It is her job to filter her own friends.
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 12:52:51 AM
At 3/12/2017 12:51:25 AM, Perussi wrote:

What makes you say that?
Find someone else dude.
- Vaarka
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 12:55:14 AM
At 3/12/2017 12:52:51 AM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:
At 3/12/2017 12:51:25 AM, Perussi wrote:

What makes you say that?
Find someone else dude.

She dowsn't really know what she is doing and doesn't commit to these relationships. You probably wouldn't be different.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 2:19:26 AM

This girls is riding the c+?/ carousel right now and enjoying herself. Don't worry, when she turns 30 and is no longer good looking she will sink her hooks into some poor fool, before the very last bit of her beauty fades, and then be in a healthy relationship with some beta male who can't satisfy her.
GoldFyre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 2:23:47 AM
At 3/12/2017 2:19:26 AM, Wylted wrote:

This girls is riding the c+?/ carousel right now and enjoying herself. Don't worry, when she turns 30 and is no longer good looking she will sink her hooks into some poor fool, before the very last bit of her beauty fades, and then be in a healthy relationship with some beta male who can't satisfy her.

"Healthy" my butt

She'll cheat on him constantly, deny him sex because she's 100% not attracted to him and just married him for money, be emotionally cold to him because somehow it's HIS fault that she chose to settle. Then, eventually she'll either turn him into a cuckold or she'll divorce him and take him to the cleaners on the grounds that he's the man and he'll live his days in a studio apartment while paying her alimony so she can enjoy a lush lifestyle as she bangs her boyfriends with her ex-beta's cash.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 2:49:27 AM
you haven't provided enough information for anyone here to make good advice from. I would suggest not taking things said here seriously.

That being said I hope everything is going well with the girl you like. If you need anyone to talk to you can always shoot me a pm at any time. :)
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Debate challenge 'Solipsism is false:' http://www.debate.org...
If God were real... http://www.debate.org...
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 2:51:36 AM
At 3/12/2017 12:58:29 AM, XLAV wrote:
Youre 14?
Dont. Wait until youre atleast 16

relationships work at any age where the individual is aware enough. 16 is quite late.
"Your signature should not have the name of other players in the game, nor should it have the words VTL, Vote, or Unvote."
~Yraelz, 2017

Debate challenge 'Solipsism is false:' http://www.debate.org...
If God were real... http://www.debate.org...
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 5:27:54 PM
At 3/12/2017 2:23:47 AM, GoldFyre wrote:

"Healthy" my butt

She'll cheat on him constantly, deny him sex because she's 100% not attracted to him and just married him for money, be emotionally cold to him because somehow it's HIS fault that she chose to settle. Then, eventually she'll either turn him into a cuckold or she'll divorce him and take him to the cleaners on the grounds that he's the man and he'll live his days in a studio apartment while paying her alimony so she can enjoy a lush lifestyle as she bangs her boyfriends with her ex-beta's cash.

A. She's a lesbian.
B. Could you maybe shut the actual hell up? Thanks.
- Vaarka
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 5:28:31 PM
At 3/12/2017 2:49:27 AM, Smithereens wrote:
you haven't provided enough information for anyone here to make good advice from. I would suggest not taking things said here seriously.

That being said I hope everything is going well with the girl you like. If you need anyone to talk to you can always shoot me a pm at any time. :)
Thank you.
- Vaarka
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 8:50:36 PM
At 3/12/2017 5:28:31 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:
At 3/12/2017 2:49:27 AM, Smithereens wrote:

Thank you.

Denying a problem isn't solving it, that's the last bit of advice i'll throw out here.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 9:15:44 PM
At 3/12/2017, Tree_of_Death wrote:

and

A lot of people don't know if they love someone or want to spend the rest of their life with them right up front. That's why relationships start, so we can find that out. Love won't always just say "this is the one" by slapping a sticker for you on their forehead. For most, it takes time to realize that love might be hinting something.

Arguments and fights are usually something that'll happen in a relationship, and whether or not those things can be worked out and forgotten can help define a relationship. If the person you're with, however, is unable to resolve problems with you, or is a bad influence who won't stop being a bad influence, it's usually best to drop the relationship

Keep in mind my best relationship advice comes from friends, music, books, and whatever else I manage to figure out. Aside from family and friends, the closest I've come to a relationship was not exactly what I'd call a "leading example"
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 9:18:34 PM

Read my reply to tree, and PM me if you think you'd like to talk
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
GoldFyre
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 9:30:44 PM
At 3/12/2017 5:27:54 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:

"Healthy" my butt

A. She's a lesbian.

A. I know
B. I guess the truth hurts, doesn't it. Girls don't like when the truth about how they treat guys is exposed
TheGirlWithNoIdentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2017 9:37:49 PM
At 3/12/2017 9:30:44 PM, GoldFyre wrote:
At 3/12/2017 5:27:54 PM, TheGirlWithNoIdentity wrote:

"Healthy" my butt

A. She's a lesbian.

A. I know
B. I guess the truth hurts, doesn't it. Girls don't like when the truth about how they treat guys is exposed
I'm not saying there aren't women who treat guys badly or get into shitty relationships. I'm saying you don't even fucking know this girl and you don't have any right to make those assumptions about her.
- Vaarka

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.