Jump to topic:

Arguments for pro life

ConnerAnderson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2019 7:15:18 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I have recently split with my extremely fundamentalist religious family, As I finally became old enough to make a break for it in the middle of the night without legal repercussions. As soon as I left that toxic situation, I realized that many of the ideas I had been taught about right and wrong were not founded in reality. I was always taught that Black people were all rapists and murderers, Gay people worshiped Satan, And Muslims all wanted to blow everybody up. It immediately became blindingly obvious when I actually came in contact with these people that these statements are very obviously not true. I soon realized that the moral system I had been taught was so completely disconnected from reality that almost all of it was completely worthless. That was a very important thing to realize, But it also means that I need to figure out what morality means again. Some things are still obvious, But there are many things that are much harder for me to come to a definite opinion on. For a person who has always simply been given rules to follow about morality, The idea of deciding things yourself is freeing. . . And terrifying. Certainty has been replaced by doubt, And while that might be a good thing, I still want answers if I can get them. I will likely be asking opinions on a few issues in the future. It is worth noting that due to the rather strange position I am in, I am about as unbiased as one can reasonably get about many issues because I just plain have no clue about a lot of things. I wish to hear the opinions of others about these issues so that I may potentially come to my own conclusions. For this particular post, I would like to hear pro-life arguments, As I have only ever heard in depth one side of this argument, And have likely been feed a great deal of misinformation about the other side. I would like to know the reality of pro-life arguments, Whatever that may be.

I know that this is an extremely sensitive issue, Which is why I have been reluctant to ask people in person. I politely ask that everybody who posts be courteous, As I have definitely had my fill of disrespectful arguments. I look forward to your posts!
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2019 9:14:43 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Honestly I'm not sure how deeply I 'do think about Pro-Life. Usually I just say I'd rather it not happen, But on the other hand I'm a guy, It's not my body in the equation, Don't have much of an opinion.

People seem to argue quite a bit about when a life is a human, Many arguing for brain activity, Heartbeat, Life experience, And so on. When there's two people on opposite sides they never seem to agree or even come to compromises.

I'd say really what makes you comfortable. I jokingly refer to myself as a Hedonistic Materialistic Nihilist, Occasionally including a lowercase christian in there as a nod to my past values which still stick a bit. But the point being I don't really believe in right and wrong in more than the practical sense and what I happen to feel sense. I think they're both wrong of course, But you can't live life that way.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.