Jump to topic:

When I become the President

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2017 6:42:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
My first policy as the president will be to revamp our foreign policy, we are spending too many billions policing the world. I say withdraw from Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and all other countries in the world. Let them sort their own problems.

Billions saved there

Then I want to execute all death row inmates right away, saving billions more in keeping these inmates alive, 68000/year per inmate saved. No more 12 years of appeals.

Billions saved

Then invest those billions in domestic policy, create a standard health plan for everyone like other countries such as England, Canada, Cuba etc etc. I need surgery it should be covered, not I have to mortgage my house because I need heart surgery.

Invest in our education system, build new schools, bring industry back to dying cities such as Buffalo and Detroit.

That's my platform
reece
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2017 7:27:35 PM
At 5/19/2017 6:42:57 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
My first policy as the president will be to revamp our foreign policy, we are spending too many billions policing the world. I say withdraw from Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and all other countries in the world. Let them sort their own problems.

Billions saved there

Then I want to execute all death row inmates right away, saving billions more in keeping these inmates alive, 68000/year per inmate saved. No more 12 years of appeals.

Billions saved

Then invest those billions in domestic policy, create a standard health plan for everyone like other countries such as England, Canada, Cuba etc etc. I need surgery it should be covered, not I have to mortgage my house because I need heart surgery.

Invest in our education system, build new schools, bring industry back to dying cities such as Buffalo and Detroit.

That's my platform

Why don't you just privatise everything? I'm sure you'd be handsomely rewarded for your humanitarianism.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2017 7:50:31 PM
At 5/19/2017 7:27:35 PM, reece wrote:

Billions saved there

Billions saved

That's my platform

Why don't you just privatise everything? I'm sure you'd be handsomely rewarded for your humanitarianism.

Reece I like your way of thinking and that is why I would like to nominate you to be my Minister of Domestic Affairs, get you a nice office in Washington DC
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2017 8:20:09 PM
At 5/19/2017 8:15:37 PM, reece wrote:
But I'm just a poor nobody. I can't make a difference.

You will make a difference when you become the Minister of Domestic Affairs, you will hire your staff and handle all domestic issues, how does a salary of $215,000/year sound? Company car as well.

You will delegate domestic affairs and set new policies which we will have congress pass into law.

So you interested
reece
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2017 8:29:30 PM
At 5/19/2017 8:20:09 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

You will make a difference when you become the Minister of Domestic Affairs, you will hire your staff and handle all domestic issues, how does a salary of $215,000/year sound? Company car as well.

You will delegate domestic affairs and set new policies which we will have congress pass into law.

So you interested

Hmm, I don't know.
What will you be doing?
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2017 8:33:52 PM
At 5/19/2017 8:29:30 PM, reece wrote:

So you interested

Hmm, I don't know.
What will you be doing?

I'm going to be the President, just like the post states, I will be your handler and will overlook all affairs of the United States.
reece
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2017 9:22:38 PM
At 5/19/2017 8:33:52 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 5/19/2017 8:29:30 PM, reece wrote:

So you interested

Hmm, I don't know.
What will you be doing?

I'm going to be the President, just like the post states, I will be your handler and will overlook all affairs of the United States.

Sounds like a plan.
TheDragon5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2017 12:05:51 PM

Billions saved there

Billions saved

That's my platform

Assume there was an opening in the SCOTUS... what kind of judge would you nominate?
Never laugh at live dragons - J.R.R. Tolkien

Never believe in an article with "unnamed sources."
TheDragon5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2017 12:07:20 PM

Billions saved there

Billions saved

That's my platform

Also, what would you do about Taxes, Energy, and Trade?
Never laugh at live dragons - J.R.R. Tolkien

Never believe in an article with "unnamed sources."
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2017 8:26:03 PM
At 5/21/2017 12:05:51 PM, TheDragon5 wrote:

Billions saved there

Billions saved

That's my platform

Assume there was an opening in the SCOTUS... what kind of judge would you nominate?

Judge Judy would be nominated
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2017 8:31:33 PM
At 5/21/2017 12:07:20 PM, TheDragon5 wrote:

Billions saved there

Billions saved

That's my platform

My platform on Taxes is to keep them the same, except for Corporate Tax, that would be increased by at least 25%.

Energy would go back to coal, nuclear I think is too dangerous, just look at Fukashima and Chernobyl, plus the nuclear waste can never be eliminated. I will open all the coal mines in West Virginia again, give the people there employment.

Trade with China would be eliminated, no more cheap dollar store crap, led paint toys and cheap china made goods, we make goods in the USA. No cheap clothes from Bangladesh with their cheap child labor. Bring back the manufacturing jobs back.

Vote for me and I will elect you Minister of Energy or Corporate Director of IRS
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/23/2017 11:50:27 PM

Billions saved there

That's illegal, this would require a constitutional change. It would be much cheaper to just abolish the death penalty.
Legal process is only a part of the high cost of the death penalty. Extra security and the extremely high cost of the drugs is another key part of the cost and you'd still have those.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2017 1:17:25 PM
At 5/23/2017 11:50:27 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:

Billions saved there

That's illegal, this would require a constitutional change. It would be much cheaper to just abolish the death penalty.
Legal process is only a part of the high cost of the death penalty. Extra security and the extremely high cost of the drugs is another key part of the cost and you'd still have those.

The drugs they use for the death penalty are just a few dollars per gallon. Actually I would get rid of the lethal injection, lets go back to the rope, rope is cheap, lets start hanging them again.

Murderers can't be rehabilitated, I'm saving a lot of money here that I will put into social programs and education
fishhunter61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2017 1:53:42 PM

Billions saved there

Billions saved

That's my platform

Wow. You already sound better then our past few presidents.
fishhunter61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2017 1:54:07 PM
At 5/23/2017 8:26:03 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Billions saved there

Billions saved

That's my platform

Well, you've got my vote.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2017 2:15:15 PM
At 5/24/2017 1:54:07 PM, fishhunter61 wrote:

Billions saved there

Billions saved

That's my platform

Thanks for the vote, I can have a position for you as the Finance Minister, or Chief Security Adviser of the Pentagon, or maybe Health Minister

Just let me know which sector you would like to work in and we will need you to relocate to Washington DC
fishhunter61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2017 2:49:47 PM
At 5/24/2017 2:15:15 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Billions saved there

Billions saved

That's my platform

Thanks for the vote, I can have a position for you as the Finance Minister, or Chief Security Adviser of the Pentagon, or maybe Health Minister

Just let me know which sector you would like to work in and we will need you to relocate to Washington DC

Chief Security Adviser of the Pentagon sounds good.
fishhunter61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2017 2:50:45 PM

Billions saved there

Billions saved

That's my platform

I'll take Chief Security Adviser of the Pentagon.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2017 3:36:29 PM
At 5/24/2017 2:50:45 PM, fishhunter61 wrote:

Billions saved there

Billions saved

That's my platform

I will be running in the next election so if I become president, fishhunter61 you will be the new Chief Security Advisor of Pentagon. I will need you to relocate to Washington DC.

I believe you bring in a lot of military knowledge from your older posts, you will be a great asset in the Pentagon. Congratulations
fishhunter61
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2017 7:27:17 PM
At 5/24/2017 3:36:29 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 5/24/2017 2:50:45 PM, fishhunter61 wrote:

Billions saved there

Billions saved

That's my platform

I will be running in the next election so if I become president, fishhunter61 you will be the new Chief Security Advisor of Pentagon. I will need you to relocate to Washington DC.

I believe you bring in a lot of military knowledge from your older posts, you will be a great asset in the Pentagon. Congratulations

Much Obliged.
BrendanD19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2017 9:38:37 PM
At 5/24/2017 1:17:25 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Billions saved there

The drugs they use for the death penalty are just a few dollars per gallon. Actually I would get rid of the lethal injection, lets go back to the rope, rope is cheap, lets start hanging them again.

The Supreme Court would strike that down quickly. Its considered to be cruel and unusual.

Murderers can't be rehabilitated, I'm saving a lot of money here that I will put into social programs and education

Actually, murderers can and have been rehabilitated in the past.
https://www.theguardian.com...
https://www.npr.org...

Your plan doesn't really "save money", given you would never be able to abolish or limit the right to an appeal, as no one would support this and the amendment would never be passed, your rope proposal would be struck down by the Supreme Court, and you still have the extra security costs!
And assuming you somehow did get some of these things passed, you'd have reduced the civil rights of citizens, increased the likelihood of innocent people being executed,
And I have met even mentioned the fact that the death penalty doesn't work and the federal death penalty is hardly ever used! It's almost all state! Federal savings would be minimal at best.
There are better ways to find funding for social programs and education like
-Raising certain existing taxes, like income taxes on top earners or corporate tax
-Creating new taxes, like an FTT or a Carbon tax
-Increasing or introducing Tariffs
-Clamping down on tax evasion
-Closing tax loopholes
-Cutting defense spending
-Cutting military aid
-Ending the drug war
-Cutting other expenses
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/24/2017 10:32:19 PM
At 5/23/2017 8:31:33 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Billions saved there

Billions saved

That's my platform

My platform on Taxes is to keep them the same, except for Corporate Tax, that would be increased by at least 25%.

Energy would go back to coal, nuclear I think is too dangerous, just look at Fukashima and Chernobyl, plus the nuclear waste can never be eliminated. I will open all the coal mines in West Virginia again, give the people there employment.

Trade with China would be eliminated, no more cheap dollar store crap, led paint toys and cheap china made goods, we make goods in the USA. No cheap clothes from Bangladesh with their cheap child labor. Bring back the manufacturing jobs back.

Vote for me and I will elect you Minister of Energy or Corporate Director of IRS

https://www.giss.nasa.gov...

And Nuclear waste CAN be reduced, if not eliminated
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2017 12:54:56 PM
At 5/24/2017 9:38:37 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 5/24/2017 1:17:25 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Billions saved there

The Supreme Court would strike that down quickly. Its considered to be cruel and unusual.

Actually, murderers can and have been rehabilitated in the past.
https://www.theguardian.com...
https://www.npr.org...

Your plan doesn't really "save money", given you would never be able to abolish or limit the right to an appeal, as no one would support this and the amendment would never be passed, your rope proposal would be struck down by the Supreme Court, and you still have the extra security costs!
And assuming you somehow did get some of these things passed, you'd have reduced the civil rights of citizens, increased the likelihood of innocent people being executed,
And I have met even mentioned the fact that the death penalty doesn't work and the federal death penalty is hardly ever used! It's almost all state! Federal savings would be minimal at best.
There are better ways to find funding for social programs and education like
-Raising certain existing taxes, like income taxes on top earners or corporate tax
-Creating new taxes, like an FTT or a Carbon tax
-Increasing or introducing Tariffs
-Clamping down on tax evasion
-Closing tax loopholes
-Cutting defense spending
-Cutting military aid
-Ending the drug war
-Cutting other expenses

You have some excellent points there BrendanD19, I would like to nominate you for my new Finance Minister when I get elected as President.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2017 12:57:21 PM
At 5/24/2017 10:32:19 PM, Geographia wrote:

Billions saved there

Billions saved

That's my platform

You mean launch nuclear waste into space? That sounds pretty dangerous with all the space debris out in our atmosphere.
Geographia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2017 10:05:08 PM
At 5/25/2017 12:57:21 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 5/24/2017 10:32:19 PM, Geographia wrote:

Billions saved there

Billions saved

That's my platform

You mean launch nuclear waste into space? That sounds pretty dangerous with all the space debris out in our atmosphere.

No.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.