Jump to topic:

Ask an Anarcho-Capitalist.

Athias
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2018 12:31:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is obviously inspired by both Bennett91's and Swagnarok's threads. Have at it. I ask that you participate only if you wish to explore or critique this philosophy.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2018 1:20:28 PM
At 7/19/2018 12:31:29 PM, Athias wrote:
This is obviously inspired by both Bennett91's and Swagnarok's threads. Have at it. I ask that you participate only if you wish to explore or critique this philosophy.

Do you believe in natural rights?

Do you believe in abortion?

Do you believe in (open) borders?

Do you believe in intellectual property?

Do you believe in the death penalty?
Athias
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2018 6:41:44 PM
At 7/20/2018 1:20:28 PM, Danielle wrote:
At 7/19/2018 12:31:29 PM, Athias wrote:

Do you believe in natural rights?

Do you believe in abortion?

Do you believe in (open) borders?

Do you believe in intellectual property?

Do you believe in the death penalty?

Sorry for the delay. The spam in addition to the fact that I thought this thread was buried in the Politics section made me oblivious to responses. I'll respond forthwith:

Do you support Natural Rights?

- Yes. Rights are moral concepts that establish conditions in which we ought to live. The law is intended to be its manifestation, not its origin.

Do you support abortion?

No. But I do support a pregnant woman's right to her person, whether that results in gestation or abortion.

Do you support open borders?

No. I support the concept of private property. This means too that I don't support public property; hence, I don't support any sort of national border.

Do you support intellectual property?

No. An idea is not subject to homesteading. One cannot displace or exclude another from an idea. The concept in itself is ridiculous because any thought or utterance can be subject to rent.

Do you support the death penalty?

No. The death penalty is murder; and murder is immoral.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.