Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2018 1:20:19 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
It does. Prove me wrong.
"I haven't felt like a Rebublican since 2012"
-James Comey

The NSA did not collect information on American citizens.
-James Clapper

I did not leak sensitive information during the 2016 presidential election about the FBI's ongoing Clinton Foundation investigation to The Wall Street Journal.
-Andrew McCabe

...that there"s no way he gets elected"but I"m afraid we can"t take that risk. It"s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you're 40.
-Peter Strzok
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2018 2:27:28 PM
At 6/16/2018 1:20:19 PM, Mingodalia wrote:
It does. Prove me wrong.

When people use the term "white privilege" they are referring to the fact that the color of a white mans skin will, aside from unusual and isolated instances, never be the reason or even a major contributing factor for his life struggles.

There. You are proven wrong.
ken1122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2018 2:36:54 PM
At 6/16/2018 2:27:28 PM, Double_R wrote:
It does. Prove me wrong.

When people use the term "white privilege" they are referring to the fact that the color of a white mans skin will, aside from unusual and isolated instances, never be the reason or even a major contributing factor for his life struggles.

I say the opposite; the claim of "white privilege" is often used as a tool to assign blame.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2018 2:46:00 PM
At 6/16/2018 2:36:54 PM, ken1122 wrote:
It does. Prove me wrong.

I say the opposite; the claim of "white privilege" is often used as a tool to assign blame.

Perhaps it is used that way, that doesn't negate it's definition. You are still proven wrong.

Now, is there a point about white privilege that you actually disagree or take issue with, or is this just an "I can't stand those damn lazy minorities" rant?
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2018 2:46:53 PM
At 6/16/2018 2:36:54 PM, ken1122 wrote:
It does. Prove me wrong.

Sorry, thought I was responding to the OP.

Point still stands of course.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2018 7:32:33 PM
It does. Prove me wrong.

+1
The Prophet Sanders preaching the Word [][]
FungusOfHam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2018 2:57:34 AM
It does. Prove me wrong.

When people use the term "white privilege" they are referring to the fact that the color of a white mans skin will, aside from unusual and isolated instances, never be the reason or even a major contributing factor for his life struggles.::

Apparently neither is being Asian. It must be magic. Isn't it interesting that both Whites and Asians continue to thrive despite affirmative action measures being heaped in their way at every turn from acting roles to getting into liberal colleges...

Even more interesting still is that black millionaires and billionaires are proportionate to their overall population...

How does that happen? Oh well. You have white privilege anyway. No one can show it to you, but you should just take their word for it and do and think as hive master says.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 4:25:41 PM
At 6/19/2018 2:57:34 AM, FungusOfHam wrote:
It does. Prove me wrong.

When people use the term "white privilege" they are referring to the fact that the color of a white mans skin will, aside from unusual and isolated instances, never be the reason or even a major contributing factor for his life struggles.::

Apparently neither is being Asian. It must be magic. Isn't it interesting that both Whites and Asians continue to thrive despite affirmative action measures being heaped in their way at every turn from acting roles to getting into liberal colleges...

Even more interesting still is that black millionaires and billionaires are proportionate to their overall population...

How does that happen? Oh well. You have white privilege anyway. No one can show it to you, but you should just take their word for it and do and think as hive master says.

Riiiight. So your view is that minorities, particularly African Americans are treated just as equally in our society as whites? (Actually, not legally)
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 5:07:58 PM
At 6/20/2018 12:53:53 AM, FungusOfHam wrote:
Bump for spam.,.,

Cultural privilege of course.
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
Ravensjt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 6:00:47 PM
It does. Prove me wrong.

This^

Unaware White People get offended when they here the term "White Privilege" when what it means is that everyone knows they will struggle and work hard, but their Race will never be a barrier in there struggles.

Example:

Many opportunities in life are handed down from generation to generation (housing benefits, schooling opportunities, employment etc) in addition to hard work

Blacks in America didn't have every Right guaranteed to them by the Constitution until approximately 1965 (end of Jim Crow)

Me myself, I was born in 1971 (shut up!!), this means that I am the first Black in my family's generation (outta 10 generations) that was born with full Constitutional Rights.

This is a problem that many Whites don't comprehend or care to understand.

As a side note this is also why Blacks lag behind in some areas and this is also why the average Black often repeats the mantra of having to work twice as hard as to be equal to the average White.

Blacks have been playing "catch up" for equality forever in America

Asians just don't have the numbers or history to compare logically to Blacks in their history of America.

White privilege will eventually die
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 6:24:51 PM
At 6/20/2018 6:00:47 PM, Ravensjt wrote:

Black culture has been widening the inequality gap between all other cultures since 1964, especially Asian culture.

A culture that celebrates single black teenage single motherhood and considers education "selling out their race" should be a culture discriminated against by all other cultures.
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 6:25:25 PM
Black culture will eventually die.
Ravensjt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 9:14:18 PM
At 6/20/2018 6:24:51 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/20/2018 6:00:47 PM, Ravensjt wrote:

Black culture has been widening the inequality gap between all other cultures since 1964, especially Asian culture.

A culture that celebrates single black teenage single motherhood and considers education "selling out their race" should be a culture discriminated against by all other cultures.

If Black Culture equated "education being evil" then HBCU's wouldn't be so popular in Black Communities......especially amongst Black women.

More importantly about 82 percent of high school graduates from high-income families enroll in college, compared to 52 percent of graduates from low-income families.....which leads exactly to what I posted above that you ignored

There is no such thing as a celebration of the "single Black mother" in the Black Community.

Your thought process is what the new racism looks like.
Ravensjt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 9:19:10 PM
At 6/20/2018 6:25:25 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Black culture will eventually die.

What you consider to be Black Culture (that nonsense you said previously) is a myth and never lived.

But what's true Black Culture has too many White Youth trying to imitate it to die bro..... I know that upsets ya lol
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 9:35:15 PM
At 6/20/2018 9:19:10 PM, Ravensjt wrote:

But what's true Black Culture has too many White Youth trying to imitate it to die bro..... I know that upsets ya lol

Darwin will take care of them :)
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 9:44:02 PM
Here we are, another Black History Month: time to lionize great black men and women of the past. Twenty-eight days to praise the first African American to do this and the first African American who did that. Another month of looking back with pride - as we ignore the calamity in our midst.

When Black History Month was celebrated in 1950, according to State University of New York research, 77.7 percent of black families had two parents. As of January 2010, according to the Census Bureau, the share of two-parent families among African Americans had fallen to 38 percent.

We know that children, particularly young male African Americans, benefit from parental marriage and from having a father in the home. Today, the majority of black children are born to single, unmarried mothers.

Celebrate? Let's celebrate.

Three years ago, I wrote about young girls in our city who are not learning what they are really worth, young men who aren't being taught to treat young women with respect, and boys and girls who are learning how to make babies but not how to raise them ["A Tragedy That Is Ours to Stop," op-ed, July 19, 2008].

Those conditions, the column suggested, find expression in youth violence, child abuse and neglect, school dropout rates, and the steady stream of young men flowing into the city's detention facilities.

Boys get guns, girls get babies. To buttress that point, I referred to the Web site of the D.C. Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, which posted maps from 2005 and 2006 identifying the location of juvenile arrests and births to 15- to 19-year-olds in the District. Neighborhoods plagued by youth violence, the maps showed, were the same neighborhoods where birth rates among teenagers were highest.

Fast-forward to 2008, the latest year for which the organization has such data. The statistics are updated, but little changed: The maps show that juvenile arrests and teen births are still clustered in the same areas of the city. The three jurisdictions leading in teen births and juvenile arrests were Wards 8, 7 and 5.

Ward 8, represented by D.C. Council member Marion Barry, is first, with a total of 1,487 teen births and juvenile arrests.

Council member Yvette Alexander's Ward 7 ranks second with 1,386 combined teen births and juvenile arrests.

Third place goes to Ward 5, represented by council member Harry Thomas Jr.; it racked up 1,186 teen births and juvenile arrests.

This isn't top-secret stuff. Nor is the pattern new. We don't need maps to tell us what the problem of teen births means to the city.

We know that most teenage mothers don't graduate from high school; that many of the youths in the juvenile justice system are born to unmarried teens; and that children of teenagers are twice as likely to be abused or neglected and more likely to wind up in foster care.

We know, too, that children of teenage parents are more likely to become teen parents themselves.

An intergenerational cycle of dysfunction is unfolding before our eyes, even as we spend time rhapsodizing about our past.

No less discouraging is the response that has become ingrained.

Sixteen, unmarried and having a baby? No problem. Here are your food stamps, cash assistance and medical coverage. Can't be bothered with the kid? No sweat, there's foster care.

Make the young father step up to his responsibilities?

Consider this statement I received from a sexual health coordinator and youth programs coordinator in the District concerning a teen mother she is counseling: "She recently had a child by a man who is 24 years old and has 5 other children. He is homeless and does not work, but knows how to work young girls very well. . . .This young man is still trying to have more children."

He's a cause. Our community deals with his consequences.

A 16-year-old mother who reads at a sixth-grade level drops out of school? Blame the teacher. Knock the city for underserving girls during their second and third pregnancies. Blast social workers for not doing enough to help children with developmental disabilities or kids in foster care. Carp at the counselors responsible for troubled youth in detention.

Sure, tackle the consequences. Construct a bigger, better, more humane safety net. I'm for that, especially where children are concerned. And the causes?

God forbid, don't mention causes.

By Colbert I. King
Opinion writer- Washington Post
Ravensjt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 10:07:36 PM
At 6/20/2018 9:44:02 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Here we are, another Black History Month: time to lionize great black men and women of the past. Twenty-eight days to praise the first African American to do this and the first African American who did that. Another month of looking back with pride - as we ignore the calamity in our midst.

When Black History Month was celebrated in 1950, according to State University of New York research, 77.7 percent of black families had two parents. As of January 2010, according to the Census Bureau, the share of two-parent families among African Americans had fallen to 38 percent.

We know that children, particularly young male African Americans, benefit from parental marriage and from having a father in the home. Today, the majority of black children are born to single, unmarried mothers.

Three years ago, I wrote about young girls in our city who are not learning what they are really worth, young men who aren't being taught to treat young women with respect, and boys and girls who are learning how to make babies but not how to raise them ["A Tragedy That Is Ours to Stop," op-ed, July 19, 2008].

Those conditions, the column suggested, find expression in youth violence, child abuse and neglect, school dropout rates, and the steady stream of young men flowing into the city's detention facilities.

Boys get guns, girls get babies. To buttress that point, I referred to the Web site of the D.C. Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy, which posted maps from 2005 and 2006 identifying the location of juvenile arrests and births to 15- to 19-year-olds in the District. Neighborhoods plagued by youth violence, the maps showed, were the same neighborhoods where birth rates among teenagers were highest.

Fast-forward to 2008, the latest year for which the organization has such data. The statistics are updated, but little changed: The maps show that juvenile arrests and teen births are still clustered in the same areas of the city. The three jurisdictions leading in teen births and juvenile arrests were Wards 8, 7 and 5.

Ward 8, represented by D.C. Council member Marion Barry, is first, with a total of 1,487 teen births and juvenile arrests.

Council member Yvette Alexander's Ward 7 ranks second with 1,386 combined teen births and juvenile arrests.

Third place goes to Ward 5, represented by council member Harry Thomas Jr.; it racked up 1,186 teen births and juvenile arrests.

This isn't top-secret stuff. Nor is the pattern new. We don't need maps to tell us what the problem of teen births means to the city.

We know that most teenage mothers don't graduate from high school; that many of the youths in the juvenile justice system are born to unmarried teens; and that children of teenagers are twice as likely to be abused or neglected and more likely to wind up in foster care.

We know, too, that children of teenage parents are more likely to become teen parents themselves.

An intergenerational cycle of dysfunction is unfolding before our eyes, even as we spend time rhapsodizing about our past.

No less discouraging is the response that has become ingrained.

Sixteen, unmarried and having a baby? No problem. Here are your food stamps, cash assistance and medical coverage. Can't be bothered with the kid? No sweat, there's foster care.

Make the young father step up to his responsibilities?

Consider this statement I received from a sexual health coordinator and youth programs coordinator in the District concerning a teen mother she is counseling: "She recently had a child by a man who is 24 years old and has 5 other children. He is homeless and does not work, but knows how to work young girls very well. . . .This young man is still trying to have more children."

He's a cause. Our community deals with his consequences.

A 16-year-old mother who reads at a sixth-grade level drops out of school? Blame the teacher. Knock the city for underserving girls during their second and third pregnancies. Blast social workers for not doing enough to help children with developmental disabilities or kids in foster care. Carp at the counselors responsible for troubled youth in detention.

Sure, tackle the consequences. Construct a bigger, better, more humane safety net. I'm for that, especially where children are concerned. And the causes?

God forbid, don't mention causes.

By Colbert I. King
Opinion writer- Washington Post

Teen pregnancy and unwed moms is a problem in our community, who's glorifying it? (as you original claim stated)

This writer is claiming what? That Febuary should be used to focus less on Blacks of old and concentrate more on problems plaguing our Community today?

I have no problem with that.

Your articles statistics make sense to Blacks who are "woke" but it doesn't address why these problems exist
Ravensjt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 10:09:11 PM
At 6/20/2018 9:35:15 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/20/2018 9:19:10 PM, Ravensjt wrote:

Darwin will take care of them :)

As long as they take Paris Denard with them then I'm cool with that! :)
FungusOfHam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 6:03:10 PM
At 6/20/2018 5:07:58 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/20/2018 12:53:53 AM, FungusOfHam wrote:
Bump for spam.,.,

Cultural privilege of course.::

Whites should just self identify as not privileged.