Jump to topic:

Conservative dishonesty about gun control

Tadlock
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2018 3:20:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
In all of my years debating politics both on the internet and real life, I have come across quite a few debates/arguments/heated discussions about gun laws in the US. What I have never, Not once, Heard is an argument about gun CONTROL.

Liberals will always bring up gun control in the midst of whatever recent firearm-related tragedy and say things like, "ban 'assault' weapons, Or increase waiting periods, Or upgrade background checks, Or close the 'gun show loophole. '"

Conservatives will then respond by either screaming about how they have a second amendment right to bear arms, And they won't let the liberals ban guns. Or they will play some stupid semantics game about how "assault rifle" isn't a technical term as if that's the point.

My question is, Where are conservatives getting this? Are they brain-damaged and hear "gun control" as "gun ban"? Why can't they just argue against the topic? I'm not here to advocate any position, I just want a conservative to tell me why they are arguing against a position that maybe 1% of the American population holds.
Leaning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2018 3:30:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I don't consider myself a conservative, But I'm not a huge fan of gun control. Not much reason, Just feeling.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.