Jump to topic:

Judge Kavanaugh's accuser.

YeshuaBought
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2018 4:56:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I bet you're like oh chit, She is gonna jump on the hate train, But here me out. Until I see what the evidence says, I have no opinion whatsoever. I assume the neutral until proven wrong stance. I am almost ashamed to admit that I am a progressive, But some of my fellows are embarassing me. When I was raped and reported the rape, I had to prove my claims. No, I will not join in calling her a liar. I have no opinion until proven wrong.
Swagnarok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2018 5:37:24 AM
It just seems rather peculiar that these rape allegations are awfully lopsided, With virtually no Democratic politicians running for office/nomination to the Supreme Court ever being accused. Just about the only people accused are Republicans, Even though I'm certain Democrats don't do it any less than their counterparts to the Right do.
Democrats were desperate to fend off against Kavanaugh's nomination before the midterms and then whup, Right out of nowhere he's accused of rape. In the eyes of probably most people he's already guilty, Even though nothing has been proven at this stage. If more women come forward that'll just make people even more sure, Even though bare numbers also don't prove anything. The same thing happened to Roy Moore, Who has since taken his accusers to court for defamation and civil conspiracy.

To flat out call her a liar at this stage would be uncalled for, But to give this kind of power to any woman to destroy any man's reputation and derail his career with a single unsubstantiated claim is just too much. #metoo has no checks on its power to ruin lives. Some people have clearly abused the movement for political purposes. It needs to be scaled back and re-analyzed. Boundaries need to be set. Innocent until proven guilty needs to be brought back. Brett Kavanaugh ought to be appointed to the Court, And then removed from office should it later be found that he is liable for prosecution for sexual assault against anyone, Which is unlikely seeing as how a number of women who went to school with him and worked under him have vouched for his integrity.
Rest in Peace DDO (2007-2018)
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2018 4:56:52 PM
False accusations have been around since the beginning of time. We're "innocent until proven guilty" in a court of law, Not in the court of public opinion or on job interviews. Judge Kavanaugh is being considered for one of the highest jobs in the land. He could have significant influence over American politics for decades to come. If he's a morally inept liar, That deserves scrutiny and digging by the feds/public given the power of SCOTUS and a citizen's inability to directly influence it. He should welcome any FBI investigation and opportunity to testify. In regard to CBF, I don't see any reason for her to come out with lies (or make accusations years before Kavanaugh's nomination). Would that be enough to convict him? No, But again, He's not on trial.

In the bigger picture, Even if this were a conspiracy by Democrats to delay the nomination - potentially until after the midterms - lol good for them. What the Republicans did to Merrick Garland was unjustifiable bullshit. The all-around hypocrisy in politics is insufferable.

The SCOTUS is supposed to be above partisan politics :(
Inconvenient_Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2018 6:04:28 PM
In the bigger picture, Even if this were a conspiracy by Democrats to delay the nomination - potentially until after the midterms - lol good for them. What the Republicans did to Merrick Garland was unjustifiable bullshit. The all-around hypocrisy in politics is insufferable.

The SCOTUS is supposed to be above partisan politics :(

I very rarely come out of the gate chastising, But I will in this case.

Danielle, You should be ashamed of yourself. "lol good for them". Weaponizing a woman's assault in order to accomplish a political goal is disgraceful, Shameful and deplorable. It's downright atrocious, And in doing so they might as well have molested her themselves. There's a special place in hell for those that take advantage of victims of sexual abuse.

Senator Feinstein held this information from the Senate Judiciary Committee for six weeks, Waiting until the vote was about to be conducted before leaking it to the press. Those democratic senators took in Basey-Ford like foxes inviting a hen into their den. They realized it was there last bullet, And like any good gunslinger, They waited until the final minute to fire it. Shameful and an absolutely new low for the Senate and our country.

Regardless of Merrick Garland - reprehensible. Two wrongs do not make a right. Although, Garland was NOT wronged in anyway. I will never understand that intense saltiness when it comes to his failed nomination, Although I do believe it is heavily rooted in both a complete misunderstanding of civics as well as a deep sense of naive entitlement. Our country's government was built on a system of checks and balances. A SCOTUS justice can only be nominated by the POTUS and only confirmed by the US Senate. The president is not obligated to provide justices and the senate is not obligated to confirm them. In fact, The Constitution doesn't even provide a requirement for the number of SCOTUS justices. Seriously, Educate yourself.
DonnyBoi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2018 4:10:25 PM
Judge Kavanaugh is not guilty.

The allegations took place ins the 1980's, While both Ford and Kavanaugh were in highschool. She claims he "forced her on a bed", And "unsuccessfully took her close off". Not only that, But she claims he held his hand over her mouth to silent her screams.

It's quite odd that someone would make such allegations 30 years later, When he's about to receive a promotion of a lifetime. Seems like Ford is jealous some how, And attempting to get back at Brett for something. Or maybe she's simply an attention-seeker.

Anyways, No one deserves to have that happen to them. But the fact of the matter is, There is no proof. The witnesses she presented, Either had different stories or no proof themselves. A messy situation, And a very unprofessional one. It's a classic case of he-said/she-said.

With that being said, Everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.