Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

are flat earth people mostly conservative?

linate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2018 1:36:39 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
i have no evidence to support this idea, but it seems like conservatives would be mostly the one to think the earth is flat, and other bunk science. it goes with the stereotype of the ignorant conservative.

thoughts?
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2018 3:45:11 PM
At 6/19/2018 1:36:39 PM, linate wrote:
i have no evidence to support this idea, but it seems like conservatives would be mostly the one to think the earth is flat, and other bunk science. it goes with the stereotype of the ignorant conservative.

thoughts?

Yep. They are more likely to be conspiracy theorists and science deniers. Being a climate change denier is almost a requirement to be a conservative and anti-evolution comes close behind.

Trump himself was a leading birther and an anti-vaxer.

Flat earthers are of course a little further down the spectrum, just behind geo-certrists who are usually religiously motivated, and religious usually goes hand in hand with conservative.

Seeing a conspiracy behind the curtain is part of the siege mentality inherent in even the mid-right. The Orange one himself and his surrogate news agency talks about the "deep state", paranoia is a price of membership.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2018 8:00:25 PM

thoughts?

Probably depends on whether they're brainwashed or brain dead
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2018 9:22:03 PM

thoughts?

I'd say the left is more likely to believe bunk science by trusting authority instead of using critical thinking.
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
FungusOfHam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2018 11:04:36 PM

thoughts?::

Riiiiight. 455 genders is "real science"... Aren't the 455 gender promoters essentially the equivalent of flat earthers...
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 12:44:24 AM
At 6/19/2018 11:04:36 PM, FungusOfHam wrote:

thoughts?::

Riiiiight. 455 genders is "real science"... Aren't the 455 gender promoters essentially the equivalent of flat earthers...

And believing an ancient book reveals the origins of the Universe- yeah, that's scientific thinking right there......
Factseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 9:19:59 AM
At 6/19/2018 3:45:11 PM, Wizofoz wrote:

thoughts?

Yep. They are more likely to be conspiracy theorists and science deniers. Being a climate change denier is almost a requirement to be a conservative and anti-evolution comes close behind.

Trump himself was a leading birther and an anti-vaxer.

Flat earthers are of course a little further down the spectrum, just behind geo-certrists who are usually religiously motivated, and religious usually goes hand in hand with conservative.

Seeing a conspiracy behind the curtain is part of the siege mentality inherent in even the mid-right. The Orange one himself and his surrogate news agency talks about the "deep state", paranoia is a price of membership.

Liberals need those curtains don"t they? Conservatives don"t. One who is prone to use curtains insists there are no conspiracies. Hmm
Factseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 9:25:16 AM

thoughts?

Actually flat earthers are part of a liberal conspiracy to scare voters into voting for liberals. Cause liberals are the only ones slow enough to fall for the manipulation.
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 10:10:25 AM
At 6/20/2018 9:25:16 AM, Factseeker wrote:

thoughts?

Actually flat earthers are part of a liberal conspiracy to scare voters into voting for liberals. Cause liberals are the only ones slow enough to fall for the manipulation.

Man your user name is ironic.
Factseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 11:28:22 AM
At 6/20/2018 10:10:25 AM, Wizofoz wrote:

thoughts?

Ah come on. Doesn't this sound just like a liberal who would don a vagina hat and chant "not my president"? ..."In the end that is the core malfunction of the flat-earthers, and the modern populist rejection of expertise in general. It is a horrifically simplistic view of the world that ignores (partly out of ignorance, and partly out of motivated reasoning) to real complexities of our civilization. It is ultimately lazy, childish, and self-indulgent, resulting in a profound level of ignorance drowning in motivated reasoning"

Sounds like liberals after an election to me.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 12:37:16 PM
At 6/20/2018 11:28:22 AM, Factseeker wrote:

thoughts?

Ah come on. Doesn't this sound just like a liberal who would don a vagina hat and chant "not my president"? ..."In the end that is the core malfunction of the flat-earthers, and the modern populist rejection of expertise in general. It is a horrifically simplistic view of the world that ignores (partly out of ignorance, and partly out of motivated reasoning) to real complexities of our civilization. It is ultimately lazy, childish, and self-indulgent, resulting in a profound level of ignorance drowning in motivated reasoning"

Nice! +5
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 12:40:40 PM

thoughts?

Breaking news on CNN...Trump voters believe earth is flat.

Liberal bobblehead: "I knew it"
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 12:50:33 PM

thoughts?

Well...liberals believe in CNN....which is identical to a flat earth.
http://thefederalist.com...
http://www.politifact.com...
https://www.dailywire.com...

and the crown jewel::
https://www.reddit.com...
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 10:37:55 PM

thoughts?

You are clearly not seeking facts.
Factseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 11:09:50 PM
At 6/20/2018 10:37:55 PM, Wizofoz wrote:

thoughts?

I have the facts. Flat-earthers are on par with cvnt cap wearing delusional liberals, not conservatism.
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 11:14:10 PM
At 6/20/2018 11:09:50 PM, Factseeker wrote:

thoughts?

I have the facts. Flat-earthers are on par with cvnt cap wearing delusional liberals, not conservatism.

You've assumed the facts, you haven't sought them. you are not a Fact seeker.
Factseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 12:03:33 AM
At 6/20/2018 11:14:10 PM, Wizofoz wrote:

thoughts?

Is all knowing another delusional trait of the left?
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 12:05:59 AM
At 6/21/2018 12:03:33 AM, Factseeker wrote:

thoughts?

Oh, I'm not all knowing. Some things are just obvious.
Factseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 2:01:17 AM
At 6/21/2018 12:05:59 AM, Wizofoz wrote:

thoughts?

Obviously not to you. Surprised you haven"t came out the "founders of the flat earth society" argument yet.
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 2:05:46 AM
At 6/21/2018 2:01:17 AM, Factseeker wrote:

thoughts?

Obviously not to you. Surprised you haven"t came out the "founders of the flat earth society" argument yet.

Why would I do that? You understand you haven't done anything to make the idea you don't actually seek facts invalid?
Factseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 2:23:55 AM
At 6/21/2018 2:05:46 AM, Wizofoz wrote:
At 6/21/2018 2:01:17 AM, Factseeker wrote:

thoughts?

Why would I do that? You understand you haven't done anything to make the idea you don't actually seek facts invalid?

Of course you"re not qualified to make such assumptions. You know if you were to make the argument I purposed on your behalf you"d realize I"ve been pointing out an inconvenient fact you can"t face without questioning your ideology. The common denominator flat earthers and the "resistance", cvnt cap wearing 255 gender, " not my president" chanting liberals have is delusion. Not party affiliation.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 5:06:52 AM

thoughts?

I am skeptical that you have any actual evidence to support than other than your own personal opinion.
"Hate begets hate"
Factseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 5:10:51 AM
At 6/21/2018 5:06:52 AM, Axonly wrote:

thoughts?

I am skeptical that you have any actual evidence to support than other than your own personal opinion.

Lol. It was sarcasm. Never mind.