Jump to topic:

Evil Trump to keep families together...

Mingodalia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 4:51:33 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
"President Trump signals he'll sign executive order on family separations at border"

https://www.google.com...
"I haven't felt like a Rebublican since 2012"
-James Comey

The NSA did not collect information on American citizens.
-James Clapper

I did not leak sensitive information during the 2016 presidential election about the FBI's ongoing Clinton Foundation investigation to The Wall Street Journal.
-Andrew McCabe

...that there"s no way he gets elected"but I"m afraid we can"t take that risk. It"s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you're 40.
-Peter Strzok
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 4:55:36 PM
At 6/20/2018 4:51:33 PM, Mingodalia wrote:
"President Trump signals he'll sign executive order on family separations at border"

http://www.youtube.com...
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
linate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 8:29:13 PM
so is this where trumpettes go from saying it's the best thing to separate them in the name of deterrence, to saying it's the best thing to not separate them?
trump changed his position, so i'm thinking it's only natural for his die hards to change their position too.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 9:06:13 PM
At 6/20/2018 8:29:13 PM, linate wrote:
so is this where trumpettes go from saying it's the best thing to separate them in the name of deterrence, to saying it's the best thing to not separate them?
trump changed his position, so i'm thinking it's only natural for his die hards to change their position too.

I don't agree with it. You want to take the chance of crossing the border with your kids, you should face the chance of them being taken from you. I still have the same position I did before.
Factseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 9:46:59 PM

Is a trumpett anything like an obamabot?

I've argued that separation is a result of enforcing criminal law and it's ludicrous to think Trump designed specifically to "rip crying children" from their law breaking parents. I stand by my argument.
John_C_1812
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 10:15:12 PM
At 6/20/2018 9:06:13 PM, Davery79 wrote:

I don't agree with it. You want to take the chance of crossing the border with your kids, you should face the chance of them being taken from you. I still have the same position I did before

Hey ! Sometimes being American means your parents go down and get locked up. You due time in child services. does this mean no attached wages, or child support from Mexico to build a AmeriaMex wall that should legally be the worlds largest, and longest man made canal?
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 12:12:04 AM
At 6/20/2018 9:06:13 PM, Davery79 wrote:
You want to take the chance of crossing the border with your kids, you should face the chance of them being taken from you.

So people who decided to flee from an infestation of gang violence and poverty in search of a better life for their children deserve to have their children taken from them?

That's an interesting argument you have there.
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 12:20:31 AM
At 6/20/2018 4:51:33 PM, Mingodalia wrote:

That's great, he's done the right thing.

Now, what was all that cr@p, echoed by you, that it was out of his hands, there was nothing he could do, it was the Democrats in Congress,an executive order wasn't possible- you know, lies?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 12:23:41 AM
At 6/20/2018 9:46:59 PM, Factseeker wrote:

I've argued that separation is a result of enforcing criminal law and it's ludicrous to think Trump designed specifically to "rip crying children" from their law breaking parents. I stand by my argument.

Separating was Trump's attempt at giving children special care rather than incarcerating them with their criminal parents.
Now trump will simply reinstate the same policy Obama had while he was being sued by the ACLU for incarcerating kids.
https://www.sacurrent.com...

Grats on the corrupt-o-wish libtards.

Did you really think Trump was going to offer open borders to anyone with a child?
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 1:23:59 AM
At 6/21/2018 12:23:41 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Separating was Trump's attempt at giving children special care rather than incarcerating them with their criminal parents.
Now trump will simply reinstate the same policy Obama had while he was being sued by the ACLU for incarcerating kids.

Did you really think Trump was going to offer open borders to anyone with a child?

So, incarcerated with their families, or incarcerated without- which do YOU think is better for a small child?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 1:28:37 AM
At 6/21/2018 1:23:59 AM, Wizofoz wrote:

So, incarcerated with their families, or incarcerated without- which do YOU think is better for a small child?

I would say a case by case basis, as there are legitimately many kids and orphans being used as some kind of golden ticket by adults to apply for asylum and get released into the country, where they then refuse to show up for their court hearing.
Factseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 1:56:36 AM

Thanks for clearing up that little detail. My thinking has been in line with general enforcement of existing laws, they tend to separate families because of the actions of irresponsible parents. So Trump was trying to be compassionate but liberals couldn"t have that? Interesting fact to know...
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 2:09:09 AM
At 6/21/2018 1:56:36 AM, Factseeker wrote:

Thanks for clearing up that little detail. My thinking has been in line with general enforcement of existing laws, they tend to separate families because of the actions of irresponsible parents. So Trump was trying to be compassionate but liberals couldn"t have that? Interesting fact to know...

The media seems to think Trump is going to release families into the wild with the 10% rate of them showing up for their refugee court hearing. Not a chance in hell Trump is going to do that.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 2:24:34 PM
At 6/21/2018 1:23:59 AM, Wizofoz wrote:

If I were a parent and the circumstances of which my family lived in were dire (whatever the reason), and there was no way of giving them a chance of a life they deserve, I might just cross the border with my children in hopes, regardless what happens to me, my child might have a fighting chance in the states, and hopefully becoming a citizen at some point.

This might be the thought process of many parents seeking a better life for their children.

This also proves that a wall should be built. Approximately 2,300 children caught crossing the border have been separated from their parents since early May, that is just the children! This is after Trump took office, and people down south knew he would be tough on illegal immigration.... I can't imagine how many people came before that, or how many people successfully entered without being caught.

The media doesn't realize that they are contradicting themselves from earlier reports about how many people are able to cross the border. They would only use this stat if it works in their favor.... you know, against Trump.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 2:47:57 PM
At 6/21/2018 2:24:34 PM, Davery79 wrote:

The media doesn't realize that they are contradicting themselves from earlier reports about how many people are able to cross the border. They would only use this stat if it works in their favor.... you know, against Trump.

Not really. 2300 isn't a large number in terms of population, but in terms of callously taking children from their parents 1 is seen as too big a number.
The Prophet Sanders preaching the Word [][]
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 2:53:42 PM
At 6/21/2018 2:47:57 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

Not really. 2300 isn't a large number in terms of population, but in terms of callously taking children from their parents 1 is seen as too big a number.

It's no secret that the welfare state splits families apart. First it's the black community and now: the central and south american community.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 2:58:31 PM

Since early May? That's not even a month and a half. That is 20,000 children a year... And during the Trump administration, which I am sure deterred quite a few people from crossing after he was elected.

Why are you downplaying this?
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 3:00:53 PM
At 6/21/2018 2:53:42 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

It's no secret that the welfare state splits families apart. First it's the black community and now: the central and south american community.

Are you implying Trump is directly participating in and conducting the welfare state aka business as usual? The swamp is not drained?
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 3:32:27 PM
At 6/21/2018 2:58:31 PM, Davery79 wrote:

Since early May? That's not even a month and a half. That is 20,000 children a year... And during the Trump administration, which I am sure deterred quite a few people from crossing after he was elected.

Why are you downplaying this?

What am I down playing? You want to talk about children on the border? Obama had to deal with a similar situation, exempt these were unaccompanied minors - they were already separated, and IIRC there were images of children in cages. It clearly hasn't deterred anyone - not at least families - not unaccompanied minors or single military age males - http://www.businessinsider.com...

Or do you think I'm down playing the necessity of a wall? Because I'll tell ya why it's a stupid idea. There's a few reasons why

1) Even if built, it would only be 60% effective - as 40% of illegal immigrant come by plane. http://www.politifact.com...

2) It's not going to stop the drug/gun flow. It's just not, they'll find a way. There's too many users and dealers and cartel thugs with too much money guns and drugs, they'll find a way to get past any barrier - they may even go through Canada.

3) Cost. $21 billion. [https://www.brookings.edu...] That's money that could be pent on so many better options to address illegal immigration. If we want to see an end to a large number of migrants from Latin America we have to invest in making them better. And that first means getting rid of the drug gangs. But I think everyone would be against that idea - so we could put the $21B into our own society, schools, roads job training programs, healthcare etc. The science behind the effects of illegal immigration are limited - but they don't indicate major harmful effect. They don't commit more crime, they're just people who want to live.

4) When you factor in out-ward bound immigration a wall might hinder that desire for them to leave en mass - perhaps the threat of a wall, and all the hate that comes with it, is just as effective. It makes the US look very ugly though. http://www.politifact.com...-/

5) Speaking of looking ugly, if built it will always be used as a diplomatic point against us, especially in relations to Mexico. Under Trump the Era of NAFTA is coming to a close, that wall will be a signal of the end you decent relations with our neighbors as we ignore the problems of the 3rd world and shut the gate.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 3:33:44 PM
At 6/21/2018 3:00:53 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

Are you implying Trump is directly participating in and conducting the welfare state aka business as usual? The swamp is not drained?

Socialism is a large swamp to drain son.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 3:34:39 PM

Also I don't know which source is being quoted but if it's saying jan 2018 to April early May that's 4 months which is a 3rd of the year, which means it's only 6,900 a year.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 4:11:31 PM
At 6/21/2018 3:32:27 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

5) Speaking of looking ugly, if built it will always be used as a diplomatic point against us, especially in relations to Mexico. Under Trump the Era of NAFTA is coming to a close, that wall will be a signal of the end you decent relations with our neighbors as we ignore the problems of the 3rd world and shut the gate.

Just think of all the trade deals gone sour if we had ugly hillary?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 4:14:26 PM

All jokes aside you are probably right.

Traditionally paying extortion money to 3rd world countries in the form of foreign aid is always more feasible and reliable than building a wall.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 4:31:03 PM
At 6/21/2018 3:34:39 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

Also I don't know which source is being quoted but if it's saying jan 2018 to April early May that's 4 months which is a 3rd of the year, which means it's only 6,900 a year.

It said, since early May, which would imply from then until now. NPR was my source.
https://www.npr.org...
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 4:31:13 PM
At 6/21/2018 3:33:44 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/21/2018 3:00:53 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

Socialism is a large swamp to drain son.

Yes, how do you propose we end corporate welfare?
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 4:33:03 PM
At 6/21/2018 4:31:03 PM, Davery79 wrote:

It said, since early May, which would imply from then until now. NPR was my source.

Well then you're right, that makes it even worse. But there's still plenty of other ways to solve it without a wall.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 4:34:07 PM
At 6/21/2018 4:14:26 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Traditionally paying extortion money to 3rd world countries in the form of foreign aid is always more feasible and reliable than building a wall.

I don't think NAFTA is coming to a close... it will just be renegotiated, this is the process he has had with almost everyone he is trying to make deals with. Strong, idle threats, then meetings, then a renegotiation agreement. These things take time.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 4:37:40 PM
At 6/21/2018 4:14:26 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

It's not extortion.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 4:38:38 PM
At 6/21/2018 4:33:03 PM, Bennett91 wrote:
At 6/21/2018 4:31:03 PM, Davery79 wrote:

Well then you're right, that makes it even worse. But there's still plenty of other ways to solve it without a wall.

If it stops 60% of it, then it might be worth it. We can't just say we need to come up with reform, there has to be an idea first that we know will be better than a wall, and I don't see any suggestions.

Let's compare this to mass/school shootings, if getting rid of guns were going to stop 60% of them from happening, which would be very costly.... you would approve. So why not apply that same logic to the wall?