Total Posts:20|Showing Posts:1-20
Jump to topic:

I am angry at atheists, not progressives.

Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 11:07:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 6/20/2018 10:27:38 PM, YeshuaBought wrote:
They have nbo respect for religious liberty which is a human right, as well as free speech. Atheists are trolls yet to be labeled, and they have the dnc by the azz.

Simply not true.

Disagreeing with you and not believing as you do has nothing to do with religious liberty.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2018 11:32:16 PM
At 6/20/2018 11:07:09 PM, Wizofoz wrote:
They have nbo respect for religious liberty which is a human right, as well as free speech. Atheists are trolls yet to be labeled, and they have the dnc by the azz.

Simply not true.

Disagreeing with you and not believing as you do has nothing to do with religious liberty.

Yea but you're not respecting their religious right to impose their religion on you.
The Prophet Sanders preaching the Word [][]
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 12:08:56 AM

Can you name one thing atheists have done to impose upon your religious liberty?
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 1:44:51 AM
They have nbo respect for religious liberty which is a human right, as well as free speech.

Most athiests don't care about religion at all. But, the self-selecting group of athiests who inflict themselves on others online tend to be fairly nasty.

Atheists are trolls yet to be labeled, and they have the dnc by the azz.

No, they do not.
Iceflyer130
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 3:14:48 AM
I have met and befriended several atheists. I am a God fearing individual and we do not see eye to eye. When we reached that point in conversation about faith they said to bury the subject. If I do not care about imposition then they will not. I do have a problem with atheist like those in Freedom From Religion. While not all of them are as radical as the name would suggest, their mission is to stomp out religion by raising hell (see what I did there?) among the public. Their viciousness is unwarranted and is not met by the majority of religious peoples.
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 3:34:53 AM
At 6/21/2018 3:14:48 AM, Iceflyer130 wrote:
I have met and befriended several atheists. I am a God fearing individual and we do not see eye to eye. When we reached that point in conversation about faith they said to bury the subject. If I do not care about imposition then they will not. I do have a problem with atheist like those in Freedom From Religion. While not all of them are as radical as the name would suggest, their mission is to stomp out religion by raising hell (see what I did there?) among the public. Their viciousness is unwarranted and is not met by the majority of religious peoples.

Not true. FFR as an example seek to stop religion being imposed on others. That is not trying to "stomp out religion", that is trying to stop religion stomping in the rights of others.

Please evidence your claims with any example of FFR trying to stop the private practice of religion?
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 4:02:21 AM

I've only read that word, never heard it from anyone but myself, once. I think such things are as big an issue as you wish to make of them.
Factseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 4:11:13 AM
At 6/21/2018 3:34:53 AM, Wizofoz wrote:

Not true. FFR as an example seek to stop religion being imposed on others. That is not trying to "stomp out religion", that is trying to stop religion stomping in the rights of others.

Please evidence your claims with any example of FFR trying to stop the private practice of religion?

"Critical work to promote non theism" https://ffrf.org... the poster you responded to was closer than your claim. Sounds like a desire to end religion to me.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 4:12:34 AM
At 6/21/2018 1:44:51 AM, YYW wrote:
They have nbo respect for religious liberty which is a human right, as well as free speech.

Most athiests don't care about religion at all. But, the self-selecting group of athiests who inflict themselves on others online tend to be fairly nasty.

My thoughts exactly.
Just because you're magic doesn't mean you aren't real.
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 4:13:58 AM
At 6/21/2018 4:11:13 AM, Factseeker wrote:

"Critical work to promote non theism" https://ffrf.org... the poster you responded to was closer than your claim. Sounds like a desire to end religion to me.

No, it is promoting a point of view. It is not denying any one else theirs.

Are protestant tele-evangelists trying to destroy Catholicism?
Factseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 5:08:37 AM
At 6/21/2018 4:13:58 AM, Wizofoz wrote:

Honestly? Yes. They believe they"re right and all other sects are wrong thereby leading people away from God. That"s the whole reason why we have so many denominations and religions. They may be civil towards one another but believe me, behind closed doors they"re praying each one realizes they"re being misled by the other. Should one win out it would in effect end the others.
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 5:10:46 AM
At 6/21/2018 5:08:37 AM, Factseeker wrote:

Honestly? Yes. They believe they"re right and all other sects are wrong thereby leading people away from God. That"s the whole reason why we have so many denominations and religions. They may be civil towards one another but believe me, behind closed doors they"re praying each one realizes they"re being misled by the other. Should one win out it would in effect end the others.

And is that a problem? Is it a reason to be condemning of a group, as the OP obviously is? She says it makes her angry, should it?
Factseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 5:14:08 AM
At 6/21/2018 5:10:46 AM, Wizofoz wrote:

And is that a problem? Is it a reason to be condemning of a group, as the OP obviously is? She says it makes her angry, should it?

It"s not a problem for me. Can"t speak for her but personally I see no reason for anger.
Wizofoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 5:15:51 AM
At 6/21/2018 5:14:08 AM, Factseeker wrote:

It"s not a problem for me. Can"t speak for her but personally I see no reason for anger.

Great. But she is perpetuating an often put Christian/Conservative stance- that the fact that Atheists disagree with them is somehow a persecution and denial of rights of Christians.
Factseeker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 5:25:27 AM
At 6/21/2018 5:15:51 AM, Wizofoz wrote:
At 6/21/2018 5:14:08 AM, Factseeker wrote:

Great. But she is perpetuating an often put Christian/Conservative stance- that the fact that Atheists disagree with them is somehow a persecution and denial of rights of Christians.

I know. There are Christians that do that. Some people get confused where the line between disagreeing and persecution is.
Mingodalia
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2018 5:50:15 PM
They have nbo respect for religious liberty which is a human right, as well as free speech. Atheists are trolls yet to be labeled, and they have the dnc by the azz.::

Did you expect Marxists to love Christianity? The end game of Marxism is your destruction.
"I haven't felt like a Rebublican since 2012"
-James Comey

The NSA did not collect information on American citizens.
-James Clapper

I did not leak sensitive information during the 2016 presidential election about the FBI's ongoing Clinton Foundation investigation to The Wall Street Journal.
-Andrew McCabe

...that there"s no way he gets elected"but I"m afraid we can"t take that risk. It"s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you're 40.
-Peter Strzok
EvanK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2018 4:21:56 AM

No, most atheists believe in religious liberty, which is exactly why we fight back against religious figures and politicians trying to impose laws in the name of religion. Atheists have it far worse in America than the religious folk do, no contest. Just because we don't allow compulsory prayer in school or ban gay marriage doesn't mean we're violating your rights. We are fighting back against the religious, primarily Christians, who constantly try and violate the rights of others.
Flatlander
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2018 1:32:24 PM
An Atheist is simply a person that does not believe in any god.

Saying all Atheists are have no respect for religious liberty or free speech, is like saying:

"All you Round-Earthers have no respect for freedom of thought or free speech." Always trying to get rid of all us Flat-Earthers, persecuting us and working actively to stop us from getting Flat-Earth Theory taught in schools! All of you Round-Earthers are just trolls yet to be labeled"

See how ridiculous your statement is when you replace the words Atheist and Religious with something else?
FungusOfHam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2018 3:50:34 PM
They have nbo respect for religious liberty which is a human right, as well as free speech. Atheists are trolls yet to be labeled, and they have the dnc by the azz.::

Then don't vote Democrat.