popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 9:13:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"In nearly every swing state, voters preferred Hillary Clinton on the economy."

https://www.washingtonpost.com...

So what do people make of this? It doesn't seem like it was as big a factor in Trump's win as it's been made out to be lately.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 9:30:22 PM
At 12/2/2016 9:13:56 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

So what do people make of this? It doesn't seem like it was as big a factor in Trump's win as it's been made out to be lately.

Obviously whitelash.
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 9:45:53 PM

Trumps economic policy is mostly talk. People liked the idea that he might losen corporate ties on the government though, and Hillary is a loser on that front. The democratic party claiming that they were straying from this topic lost them the election has some truth to it. They strayed entirely from mainstream America though. Both sides are not taking a middle stance where America lies, but Trump cut the bull and hit some good points. The focus on the economy statements are really just an excuse for their despicable loss, as well as an image statement that the party will be changing its 'focus'....probably gonna stay the same and tweak their image unless they lose a couple more times.
Davery79
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 9:53:27 PM
Trump said that for every new regulation that will be put in place, he will take away two BS ones. That resonates with a lot of business owners. This however, came out after he won the election, but he did say before election day that he was going to work on cutting regulation.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 10:00:05 PM
This is really a bad year for pollsters.

People are going to have to find other sources to understand Trump voters. It sucks, I know.
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
Welfare-Worker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 10:08:31 PM
I no longer receive the digital version of WP after 6 months free and one year at a greatly reduced price. Just too blatantly anti-Trump for me.
Hillary couldn't do anything wrong, was beating the pants off Trump right up to the last few days before the election, as they told it.
And Trump, a blowhard dispised by all clears thinkers, and a vast majority of the citizens.

Not, not ever single article and opinion piece, probably 90% of it.

So, I am not interested in having WP interpret the data for me.
Polls can say whatever the pollsters want them to say.
I will be looking for the raw data.
I do not take anything they publish at face value.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 10:18:59 PM
At 12/2/2016 10:08:31 PM, Welfare-Worker wrote:
I no longer receive the digital version of WP after 6 months free and one year at a greatly reduced price. Just too blatantly anti-Trump for me.
Hillary couldn't do anything wrong, was beating the pants off Trump right up to the last few days before the election, as they told it.
And Trump, a blowhard dispised by all clears thinkers, and a vast majority of the citizens.

Not, not ever single article and opinion piece, probably 90% of it.

So, I am not interested in having WP interpret the data for me.
Polls can say whatever the pollsters want them to say.
I will be looking for the raw data.
I do not take anything they publish at face value.

Exactly, you can be sure the Wapo is pushing a specific agenda from its past history.

Just because someone listed the economy second instead of first. does not mean it was not a pressing issue.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/2/2016 11:54:19 PM

The polls stated that it was obvious that Hillary would win. Don't fall for any more of their baits regarding the election...

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.