Jump to topic:

Does NASA know something important

xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 5:07:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Does NASA know something important which they are keeping secret from us?
There is this show on the history channel that has spent so many hours presenting evidence to prove their theory that aliens from a distant planet have been visiting earth. I don't know if those UFOs are from another planet, but I know where they would be coming from.......A planet on the opposite side of the sun..........This planet occupies the same plane of space that earth does as it orbits the sun at exactly the same speed that earth does. The sun is always between us and this planet so we can't see it. While it may be highly unlikely this planet is there, if such a planet does exist it can't be anywhere else. Therefore if you believe the theory shown in " Ancient Aliens", that the interplanetary vehicles exist, then they are evidence that there is a planet there.

Now do these UFOs with the aliens on them, come from some planet that revolves a round a distant star? Science has proved that such a star and such a planet would be too far away. You would have to be on LSD if you believe a UFO can come that far........Rational people know the aliens must be from a planet in our solar system, but we can't see this planet because the sun is in the way...........You might think that an unmaned spacecraft that Nasa sent to venus or mars would be in a place where a camera could see around the sun.......but if you have watched enough of "Ancient Aliens", you would know that NASA is not honest enough to tell us about this, and they would keep this secret to themselves........If they do another season of Ancient Aliens, their investigation should focus on NASA and force them to tell what they know.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 7:53:06 PM
At 12/12/2016 5:07:36 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
There is this show on the history channel that has spent so many hours presenting evidence to prove their theory that aliens from a distant planet have been visiting earth. I don't know if those UFOs are from another planet, but I know where they would be coming from.......A planet on the opposite side of the sun..........This planet occupies the same plane of space that earth does as it orbits the sun at exactly the same speed that earth does. The sun is always between us and this planet so we can't see it. While it may be highly unlikely this planet is there, if such a planet does exist it can't be anywhere else. Therefore if you believe the theory shown in " Ancient Aliens", that the interplanetary vehicles exist, then they are evidence that there is a planet there.

Now do these UFOs with the aliens on them, come from some planet that revolves a round a distant star? Science has proved that such a star and such a planet would be too far away. You would have to be on LSD if you believe a UFO can come that far........Rational people know the aliens must be from a planet in our solar system, but we can't see this planet because the sun is in the way...........You might think that an unmaned spacecraft that Nasa sent to venus or mars would be in a place where a camera could see around the sun.......but if you have watched enough of "Ancient Aliens", you would know that NASA is not honest enough to tell us about this, and they would keep this secret to themselves........If they do another season of Ancient Aliens, their investigation should focus on NASA and force them to tell what they know.

No, no, no, NO -- just -- no.

The only way another planet could be orbiting in perfect unison with Earth, but on the opposite side of the sun, undetected; is if our solar system was comprised of exactly one star, and the two planets in question were moving along the exact same orbital track, and were the exact same, or fairly close mass. Holy run-on sentence Batman! Sorry about that.

We have eight planets in our solar system, plus that pesky Pluto thing out there, as well as sizable orbiting objects in the asteroid belt, the moon, and more. As each of these objects move around the solar system in their respective orbits, they introduce a gravitational force on all other objects within a certain distance of them. This gravitational influence will either increase, or decrease the speed of the influenced objects depending on numerous factors; this influence chains to other objects, passing all kinds of crazy influences all over the place. It's like a really crowded mosh pit at high energy, aggressive metal concert; somewhere in the center a large guy takes off running and shoulder blocks a couple guys who get launched into a couple other and so on. Not a target example there but it gets the idea across.

These gravitational influences would, speed up or slow down Earth, and other Earth, at different points, which would bring the two planets closer together, allowing us physically see other Earth during different points of the year. Additionally, this periodic acceleration and deceleration of the two planets would, over time, permanently decrease the distance between the two objects, eventually concluding in a spectacular fireworks show of collision or extreme close near miss.

There are cases in which objects can share the same, and stable orbit. In the most basic terms, the objects would have to be vastly different sizes, and have very few reasonable locations in relation to each other; the two best points being about 60 degrees in front of or behind the other object, which is well within view.

This concept can be studied by researching "Lagrange Points".

Hope this provided a bit of insight for you.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 7:56:12 PM

I've already had to say this in a different forum today, but this is a politics forum. Go take this over to /r/conspiracy or some other place that specializes in this b*llshit.
We are not dead. We have never lived. - Varg Vikernes, "Det som en gang var"
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 8:08:51 PM

riveting
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 8:54:39 PM
At 12/12/2016 7:56:12 PM, Subutai wrote:

I've already had to say this in a different forum today, but this is a politics forum. Go take this over to /r/conspiracy or some other place that specializes in this b*llshit.

This actually DOES fall into the political category for numerous reasons including the MOST important which is.....it's a federal government agency.

So yeah...don't a$$hat yourself and learn before you attack people.

I education good.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 8:55:35 PM
At 12/12/2016 8:13:40 PM, Geographia wrote:
NASA knows all about the ayy lmaos.

Ayy lmao
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 8:56:28 PM
At 12/12/2016 8:54:39 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

This actually DOES fall into the political category for numerous reasons including the MOST important which is.....it's a federal government agency.

I education good.

Just because the agency in question is a federal government agency doesn't mean the problem is political. UFOs are not really a political topic. And are you implying that you actually believe this nonsensical rant?
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 9:05:27 PM
At 12/12/2016 8:56:28 PM, Subutai wrote:

I education good.

Just because the agency in question is a federal government agency doesn't mean the problem is political. UFOs are not really a political topic. And are you implying that you actually believe this nonsensical rant?

And how does the NASA Administrator get hired?
And exactly who does NASA report directly to?

Do I REALLY have to handhold you through the logic and facts here? I mean seriously, you're on a computer -- use it.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 9:07:22 PM
At 12/12/2016 9:05:27 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

I education good.

Do I REALLY have to handhold you through the logic and facts here? I mean seriously, you're on a computer -- use it.

I'm well aware of that. But the question of whether UFO's exist is a scientific one and not a political one. That should be obvious.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 9:22:01 PM
At 12/12/2016 9:07:22 PM, Subutai wrote:

I education good.

I'm well aware of that. But the question of whether UFO's exist is a scientific one and not a political one. That should be obvious.

STEEEEEEEEE -- RIKE THREE!!! YOU'RE OUT!!!

The fact that you missed reading post #2 -- coincidentally the ONLY post here with a substantive response, explaining why the OP's points are WRONG -- delivered by myself -- and then you immediately went a$$hat the sequel on me by asking me "And are you implying that you actually believe this nonsensical rant?" gives proof of EXACTLY why you have NO idea what the overarching topic of this thread is.

Learn to read.

Again -- I education good.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 9:30:48 PM
At 12/12/2016 9:22:01 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

I education good.

The fact that you missed reading post #2 -- coincidentally the ONLY post here with a substantive response, explaining why the OP's points are WRONG -- delivered by myself -- and then you immediately went a$$hat the sequel on me by asking me "And are you implying that you actually believe this nonsensical rant?" gives proof of EXACTLY why you have NO idea what the overarching topic of this thread is.

Learn to read.

There's no point in spending the time to refute b*llshit when the person who's spewing it, more than likely, either disagrees with, doesn't understand, or has never learned, reasoning and substantiation. I agree that's it's tempting to do it, but you're encouraging him and are almost certainly not going to change his mind, and you're wasting your own time. Statements like mine are sometimes taken at face value though (sometimes they really do go somewhere else, or at least to a part of the site that will be more responsive to his rants). And if they aren't, I just ignore them from then on.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 9:40:21 PM

You don't even know what an alien is, let alone how far they can travel. Amatuer ideologue.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 9:40:36 PM

You do not even know what an alien is, let alone how far they can travel. Amatuer ideologue.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 9:47:42 PM
At 12/12/2016 9:30:48 PM, Subutai wrote:
At 12/12/2016 9:22:01 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

I education good.

Learn to read.

There's no point in spending the time to refute b*llshit when the person who's spewing it, more than likely, either disagrees with, doesn't understand, or has never learned, reasoning and substantiation. I agree that's it's tempting to do it, but you're encouraging him and are almost certainly not going to change his mind, and you're wasting your own time. Statements like mine are sometimes taken at face value though (sometimes they really do go somewhere else, or at least to a part of the site that will be more responsive to his rants). And if they aren't, I just ignore them from then on.

So I guess you're the official authority, with the ability to rule on what questions are stupid and what questions are honest inquiries? I'll be sure to note you down on my contacts list for all future inquiries.

Humans are not born with a full mental database of all the information in the universe. A VERY patient kindergarten teacher actually had to teach you how to count to 10.

The difference between the two of us is blatantly clear here:

When you find a person asking a question which you THINK you know and is common sense, you view both them AND their inquiry as beneath you and not worth your time -- except of course the 30 seconds you spend being the playground bully.

Unfortunately for you...this time, you ran into a guy put you in your place. Learn from it.

When I find a person asking a question, no matter what I think of it, I attempt to educate and hold a dialog.

Be a better person.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2016 9:54:17 PM

I education good.

It is neither. I highly doubt that you know what an alien is.
idoubtit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 1:48:30 AM

Much as I used to love the Ancient Aliens stuff, you have to remember that these guys make their living by getting people to watch and listen to their theories, and they have to keep coming up with more, to keep people interested. They've long since left the realm of anything that might actually have possibilities. I'm waiting on an upcoming episode of "Was the Book of Mormon Actually Written by Chupacabras from Planet X?"
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 9:31:42 AM
At 12/12/2016 9:47:42 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:
So I guess you're the official authority, with the ability to rule on what questions are stupid and what questions are honest inquiries? I'll be sure to note you down on my contacts list for all future inquiries.

Humans are not born with a full mental database of all the information in the universe. A VERY patient kindergarten teacher actually had to teach you how to count to 10.

When you find a person asking a question which you THINK you know and is common sense, you view both them AND their inquiry as beneath you and not worth your time -- except of course the 30 seconds you spend being the playground bully.

Unfortunately for you...this time, you ran into a guy put you in your place. Learn from it.

When I find a person asking a question, no matter what I think of it, I attempt to educate and hold a dialog.

Be a better person.

There's a huge difference between ignorance and willful ignorance, and people like this are textbook cases of willful ignorance, as are most conspiracy theorists. I'm more than willing to teach people who are just ignorant and willing to learn. But anyone willfully ignorant will not be swayed by such teachings. The only evidence they accept is evidence that supports their own misguided claims, even if that evidence is faulty or misrepresented. Again, it's a waste of time to argue with these people.

If you disagree with me, try having a long, sustained argument with a conspiracy theorist. There will come a time where you will just want to give up.
Subutai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 9:32:25 AM
At 12/12/2016 9:54:17 PM, inferno wrote:

Of course I know what an alien is. Most other people do too.
Devilry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 9:34:41 AM
I for one, am more worried about Mole People.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 11:27:03 AM
At 12/13/2016 9:31:42 AM, Subutai wrote:
At 12/12/2016 9:47:42 PM, MakeSensePeopleDont wrote:

Be a better person.

There's a huge difference between ignorance and willful ignorance, and people like this are textbook cases of willful ignorance, as are most conspiracy theorists. I'm more than willing to teach people who are just ignorant and willing to learn. But anyone willfully ignorant will not be swayed by such teachings. The only evidence they accept is evidence that supports their own misguided claims, even if that evidence is faulty or misrepresented. Again, it's a waste of time to argue with these people.

If you disagree with me, try having a long, sustained argument with a conspiracy theorist. There will come a time where you will just want to give up.

AHHHHH. So you are also the authority on who is ignorant and who is willfully ignorant? Let me grab my pen here and mark that down on your contact info too. Luckily you told me now, I just finished updating your contact card with your previous authority so I already have everything out.

Most of our biggest and most important scientific advancements were labelled conspiracy theories or crazy until they were proven. Also, some of the greatest scientific minds throughout history such as Einstein, Tesla, Grecor Mendel, William Coley -- all looked upon as crazy for some of their theories and findings. A conspiracy and a crazy man only remains as such until they are proven to be correct.

You only teach those who are ignorant,, not those who are willfully ignorant. Fair enough, but what the OP presented to the community was not unreasonable or outlandish. There is almost no possible way, I mean a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a chance that the OP was being willfully ignorant. Don't believe me? Fine, I'll prove it to you right now:

Since you are making, the inference that you knew without a doubt that the OP was being willfully ignorant, that inherently means that you understand the topic at hand, in depth. Additionally, you feel that the answer to the question is so simple that most people should be reasonable expected to understand the topic as well.

So please, impress me; display to the community your knowledge of the subject matter at hand. Give us a detailed explanation of "Lagrange Points" and stable orbit shared by multiple objects. Show us how reasonably simple these two items are and that it is reasonable to expect most people to understand them as well.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2016 4:33:58 PM
At 12/13/2016 9:32:25 AM, Subutai wrote:
At 12/12/2016 9:54:17 PM, inferno wrote:

Of course I know what an alien is. Most other people do too.

What is an alien then ?
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2016 1:55:37 AM
" As each of these objects move around the solar system in their respective orbits, they introduce a gravitational force on all other objects within a certain distance of them. This gravitational influence will either increase, or decrease the speed of the influenced objects depending on numerous factors; this influence chains to other objects, passing all kinds of crazy influences all over the place. "
While gravity of the sun does influence the planets, your theory is talking about planet X being influenced by a gravitational pull from Mars or Venus, and that this influence is powerful enough to move planet x. Do you really expect us to believe that? Do you also expect us to believe some smart guy who works for NASA and uses lots of big words if he says this?
BTW I am not asking you to believe that that those UFOs are vehicles that carry space aliens. What I am saying is IF that is what those things are, it is more likely that they came from a place on the other side of the sun than a place out there near a distant star.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2016 3:12:26 AM
At 12/14/2016 1:55:37 AM, xus00HAY wrote:

While gravity of the sun does influence the planets, your theory is talking about planet X being influenced by a gravitational pull from Mars or Venus, and that this influence is powerful enough to move planet x. Do you really expect us to believe that? Do you also expect us to believe some smart guy who works for NASA and uses lots of big words if he says this?

No, absolutely not. Personally, I don't trust a single person or anything they say. Which is why I research everything. What I do trust however, is fact and the ability to replicate findings based on those facts.

What I presented to you is not a theory, it is verifiable fact which can be replicated time and time again. Without understanding all of the laws governing these forces, we would not be able to keep satellites orbiting Earth, we wouldn't have cell phones, no GPS, we would not have successfully landed Mars Rover, We wouldn't have just successfully sent a satellite as close as we did to the the planets orbiting our outer solar system.

Before switching my major to software development, I spent years in college majoring in Theoretical Astronautical Research Engineering. I have run these calculations thousands of times, I have personally successfully predicted actions of many objects throughout the solar system, utilizing these laws governing the universe. It is truly amazing stuff.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2016 7:57:05 PM
OK, We are talking about what is on the other side of the sun.
My theory is there is a planet there and we can't see it because the sun is always between earth and this planet.
I have read some theoretical stuff about the gravity from such a planet would interact with gravity from the other planets in such a way that we earthlings could tell if there was a planet back there, but C'mon, the distance between planet X and the other planets is so great that there is no way any 2 planets could have a noticeable effect on each other.
For some reason NASA does not want us to know about this planet so they have thought up some disinformation to tell everyone.
Try this, if you have a record player that still works, put a large cup over the center of the turntable and align it with the axis the turntable is spinning around.
Then put 2 small objects behind and in front of the can to represent Earth and planet X. When viewed from the side you will see both small objects ,but never see both of them at the same time.
If I could post pictures on debate.org I could prove this so ****ing thouroughly!

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.