Jump to topic:

The flat Earth conspiracy conspiracy.

Stupidape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2016 5:36:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I am of the opinion that most conspiracy theories are in fact conspiracies within themselves. Think about it, what is more likely a massive conspiracy involving hundreds of people, or a few, two to ten people instilling doubt in science, reason, government, and any politic party they don't like. Even if the conspiracy conspiracy fails, it leaves behind reside damage. This can be seen by people believing incorrect ideas about Hillary Clinton.

""Read behavioral science, read psychology," Clinton told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow this week. "Even when all the attacks prove to be unfounded, untrue, it leaves a residue." She added: "There is a concerted effort to try to make partisan advantage by really trying to throw so much at me that even if little splotches of it stick, it will cloud peoples's judgment of me. That is a burden I carry." [0]

Think about it, if there is a conspiracy theory that can be proven, it is most likely the people promoting the conspiracy theory who are the conspirators as opposed to the innocents they claim are the conspirators. I think this is abundantly clear with the flat Earth society, movement, whatever you wish to call it.

They promote a ridiculous conspiracy theory that the Earth is really a disc, and that NASA is behind it all. Yet, this is most likely a conspiracy theory within itself. A few privileged, wealthy, and smart people decided to conspire together to instill doubt in the public about NASA.

Look at what is likely and perceive who benefits the most. The fossil fuel industry and Christian creationists would benefit the most. Since, a flat Earth is consistent with the Biblical scriptures.

" 1 Chronicles 16:30: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable."

Psalm 93:1: "Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ..."

Psalm 96:10: "He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ..."

Psalm 104:5: "Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken."

Isaiah 45:18: "...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...""

The fossil fuel industry would also benefit since then people wouldn't worry about climate change. Thus, more profit margins for the fossil fuel industry. The conspiracy is reasonable, easy to pull off, leaves residue damage even if it fails, and is to the best of my knowledge is completely legal. Falls under freedom of speech.

The flat Earth conspiracy conspiracy doesn't challenge modern science in any way. Nor, does it rely upon a cover up or anything ridiculous like lizard men or aliens. This is a in plain site conspiracy.

I can understand people believing in a conspiracy theory. What I can't understand is why people would choose to believe an incredulous tale over a plain and simple tale. These two conspiracy theories are mutually exclusive btw, either the flat Earth people are correct or they are the conspirators themselves.

The same could be said of just about any other conspiracy theory. Who benefits? Think about for example the idea that some mass shooting was a conspiracy and cover up. Who benefits? Gun manufacturers, NRA, and politicians with an anti-gun control stance.

Which is more likely? The conspiracy or the conspiracy conspiracy? Well which one takes more people? Which one breaks more morals? Which is more difficult to pull off? The conspiracy is, therefore the only logical conclusion is the conspiracy theory was the result of a conspiracy within itself and thus is false.

That the mass shooting happened, and there was no cover up. The conspiracy theory was simply politics trying to leave behind residue damage. Thanks for the read. Any thoughts comments, suggestions, just want to tell me I'm wrong?

Sources.
https://www.washingtonpost.com...
https://www.lhup.edu...
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2016 6:09:11 AM
With guns, with many things there are actually two sides to the coin. The more guns that one can sell and the more frustrating you can make anti gun control look the more dedicated you can make a profiled voter base that happens to constitute the majority of gun violence by a vast amount.

The idea of having people killed in mass seems a bold accusation. However if you can prove behavior conducive to selling firearms whilst also denouncing them, or calling for further control, whilst existing measures are reduced in resources at the same time sales increase, perhaps there is potential for, not a conspiracy, but a reasonable suspicion of insincere motivation.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2016 6:33:55 AM
At 12/31/2016 6:09:11 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
With guns, with many things there are actually two sides to the coin. The more guns that one can sell and the more frustrating you can make anti gun control look the more dedicated you can make a profiled voter base that happens to constitute the majority of gun violence by a vast amount.

The idea of having people killed in mass seems a bold accusation. However if you can prove behavior conducive to selling firearms whilst also denouncing them, or calling for further control, whilst existing measures are reduced in resources at the same time sales increase, perhaps there is potential for, not a conspiracy, but a reasonable suspicion of insincere motivation.

This isnt stated so much with painting a picture of this subject, but to show that exploitation is the key factor in propogation, and can be done on the same subject to different agendas. Further, it's possible to locate contradictions and disregard the validity of an objective without going so far as to step into projective measures. One can alway's request an uncontradictory approach before accepting it, at least in the instance that there is a proven alternative.
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2017 10:40:14 PM
At 12/31/2016 5:36:10 AM, Stupidape wrote:
I am of the opinion that most conspiracy theories are in fact conspiracies within themselves. Think about it, what is more likely a massive conspiracy involving hundreds of people, or a few, two to ten people instilling doubt in science, reason, government, and any politic party they don't like. Even if the conspiracy conspiracy fails, it leaves behind reside damage. This can be seen by people believing incorrect ideas about Hillary Clinton.

""Read behavioral science, read psychology," Clinton told MSNBC's Rachel Maddow this week. "Even when all the attacks prove to be unfounded, untrue, it leaves a residue." She added: "There is a concerted effort to try to make partisan advantage by really trying to throw so much at me that even if little splotches of it stick, it will cloud peoples's judgment of me. That is a burden I carry." [0]

Think about it, if there is a conspiracy theory that can be proven, it is most likely the people promoting the conspiracy theory who are the conspirators as opposed to the innocents they claim are the conspirators. I think this is abundantly clear with the flat Earth society, movement, whatever you wish to call it.

They promote a ridiculous conspiracy theory that the Earth is really a disc, and that NASA is behind it all. Yet, this is most likely a conspiracy theory within itself. A few privileged, wealthy, and smart people decided to conspire together to instill doubt in the public about NASA.

Look at what is likely and perceive who benefits the most. The fossil fuel industry and Christian creationists would benefit the most. Since, a flat Earth is consistent with the Biblical scriptures.

As a Christian young earth creationist myself I disagree. The Bible does not claim that the earth is flat as I'll show below.

Even if we were to take the verse at face value it doesn't indicate that the earth is flat. Rather it only means that it won't move. Being that as it may its saying that it won't move from its course or orbit. David said that The Lord is his defense and he shall not be moved. Is he literally saying that he won't move from the patch of dirt he's on?

Same as above.

Psalm 104:5: "Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken."

Same as above although it could be talking about the ground rather than the planet. It could be saying that the continents won't move from the foundations.

Isaiah 45:18: "...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...""

Same as above.

The fossil fuel industry would also benefit since then people wouldn't worry about climate change. Thus, more profit margins for the fossil fuel industry. The conspiracy is reasonable, easy to pull off, leaves residue damage even if it fails, and is to the best of my knowledge is completely legal. Falls under freedom of speech.

The flat Earth conspiracy conspiracy doesn't challenge modern science in any way. Nor, does it rely upon a cover up or anything ridiculous like lizard men or aliens. This is a in plain site conspiracy.

I can understand people believing in a conspiracy theory. What I can't understand is why people would choose to believe an incredulous tale over a plain and simple tale. These two conspiracy theories are mutually exclusive btw, either the flat Earth people are correct or they are the conspirators themselves.

The same could be said of just about any other conspiracy theory. Who benefits? Think about for example the idea that some mass shooting was a conspiracy and cover up. Who benefits? Gun manufacturers, NRA, and politicians with an anti-gun control stance.

Which is more likely? The conspiracy or the conspiracy conspiracy? Well which one takes more people? Which one breaks more morals? Which is more difficult to pull off? The conspiracy is, therefore the only logical conclusion is the conspiracy theory was the result of a conspiracy within itself and thus is false.

That the mass shooting happened, and there was no cover up. The conspiracy theory was simply politics trying to leave behind residue damage. Thanks for the read. Any thoughts comments, suggestions, just want to tell me I'm wrong?

Sources.
As a side note I'm on www.the flatearthsociety.org and I help defend the Bible against claims that the earth is flat. I go by "Luke 22:35-38" there.
Scripture, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion, not science

When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

All those who are pro-death (abortion) is already born
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2017 3:10:03 PM
At 1/2/2017 10:40:14 PM, Maccabee wrote:

As a Christian young earth creationist myself I disagree. The Bible does not claim that the earth is flat as I'll show below.

Even if we were to take the verse at face value it doesn't indicate that the earth is flat. Rather it only means that it won't move. Being that as it may its saying that it won't move from its course or orbit. David said that The Lord is his defense and he shall not be moved. Is he literally saying that he won't move from the patch of dirt he's on?

Same as above.

Same as above although it could be talking about the ground rather than the planet. It could be saying that the continents won't move from the foundations.

Same as above.

Sources.
As a side note I'm on www.the flatearthsociety.org and I help defend the Bible against claims that the earth is flat. I go by "Luke 22:35-38" there.

The Bible doesn't need you to "defend" it. If the earth is fixed and immovable while tilted back wobbling, and flying around the sun, how then, did God command the sun to stand still in Josha's war?

https://www.google.com...
"Heck, I probably could have argued better for the flat earth- KthuluHimself"

"Yes, I'm a pseudoscientists; I don't know what an experiment is"-Ramshutu

Time is Running out
http://www.npr.org...
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2017 4:58:54 AM
At 1/2/2017 11:55:40 PM, Stupidape wrote:
https://www.biblegateway.com...

How does Luke 22:35-38 help you?

I'm a Christian who believes in the right of self defense. I interpret that passage as a commandment to keep and bear arms. I use the entire passage as a way to say that I read it in context and came to my conclusion.

"If guns are the cause of crimes then aren't matches the cause of arson?" D. Boys

"If the death penalty is government sanctioned killing then isn't inprisonment is government sanction kidnapping?" D. B

"Why do you trust the government with machine guns but not honest citizens?" D. B

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2017 5:02:21 AM
At 1/4/2017 3:10:03 PM, Edlvsjd wrote:

Same as above.

Same as above.

Sources.

The Bible doesn't need you to "defend" it. If the earth is fixed and immovable while tilted back wobbling, and flying around the sun, how then, did God command the sun to stand still in Josha's war?

The Bible say to be ready always to give an answer for your faith so that's what I'm doing. As for the sun standing still the weather man uses the same verbiage. "The sun rose today at 6:00 am." As to how did God commanded the sun to stand still the answer is simple. He stopped the earth.

Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2017 6:23:02 AM
At 1/5/2017 5:02:21 AM, Maccabee wrote:

Same as above.

Same as above.

Sources.

The Bible say to be ready always to give an answer for your faith so that's what I'm doing. As for the sun standing still the weather man uses the same verbiage. "The sun rose today at 6:00 am." As to how did God commanded the sun to stand still the answer is simple. He stopped the earth.

you have lost your common sense. you false conformity with modern science has drew your mind to an end. had the earth suddenly lost all of its motions, wed all be flung off into space. its a basic law of physics

Time is Running out
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2017 6:25:20 AM

Same as above.

Same as above.

Sources.
'

And since the earth was created first, what was it orbiting around for a debatable amount of time?

Time is Running out
Evidence
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2017 8:25:55 AM

What does "Globetrotter Hillary have to do with the flat earth? She's a conspiracy-conspiracy if we ever seen one. She's like a checkers game-coin left there when your playing chess, .. don't belong.

I would call it smart, and honest, what else can one call truth, like that the earth is flat??

NASA did that, instill doubt in the public, and if it wasn't for some truth Sayers, we'd still be fooled by them. How is it that I didn't see this? That I made the Bible justify the lies NASA was telling us!?

What religious Christian Denomination do you know that preaches a Flat Earth?
Now I start seeing a few small ones, I doubt any of them are oil-moguls though, so I don't see how they would benefit?

It was the Christian RCC Jesuits that created the Big-bang and put the globes into the schools, what are you talking about??

Fossil fuel, .. what "fossil fuel" are you talking about LOL ?? You mean you believe that all that oil is Dino-drippings over millions and billions of Carl Sagan years?

The flat Earth conspiracy conspiracy doesn't challenge modern science in any way.

Of course not because the Earth is flat. The ONLY ones who are challenged here are the religions, and religious science, especially the Christian Religion who invented the Big-bang and globe Earth. Haven't you heard the holiest-of-fathers justifying the Big-Bang Evolution stories?

And all religions bow to whom? That's right, to the globe-big-bang-pope.

Nor, does it rely upon a cover up or anything ridiculous like lizard men or aliens. This is a in plain site conspiracy.

Sources.

Both Biblically and scientifically the Earth is Flat, but yes, I see a lot of NASSA induced (conspiracy upon conspiracy) flat Earth videos coming out, and also a conspiracy-conspiracy against the video "There are no forests", exaggerating giants too, which is bad enough for us to try to establish truth of scientifically.

Satan is working overtime for sure, and keeps his goats busy also creating these conspiracy-upon-conspiracies, knowing his rule over this Earth is coming to an end!
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 6:26:43 AM

Same as above.

Same as above.

Sources.

Isaiah 38:8 behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down.

Do you also believe that the earth stopped it's 1,000 mile per hour spin suddenly, and spin itself the other way?

Time is Running out
MakeSensePeopleDont
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 9:55:56 AM

Hillary is a HORRIBLE example to use here. Not only is she a congenital liar, but the comparison alone causes a logical impracticability. Assuming your assertion of a very large, scientific / knowledgeable community presenting findings, versus one or two dissenters crying conspiracy; the burden of proof, fact and evidence would have been provided by the presenters which in itself would demonstrably disprove all reasonable arguments made by the dissenters. This would cause both the dissenters, as well as the persons backing them, to be labeled and viewed as the kooky, tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorists.

In the case of Hillary however, it is her word versus hundreds (maybe thousands or even millions) of dissenters and their evidence, facts and proof which fulfill their required burden of proof. Just because Hillary and her partners-in-crime are smart enough to keep their mouths shut, plead the 5th, destroy evidence, use legal loopholes, and / or negotiate backroom deals with friends in high places does not mean the evidence and facts provided do not show or even prove her guilt: Case-in-point, OJ Simpson -- Or any of the 13 murderers set free from Maryland prisons in 2013 due to a technicality in jury instructions given prior to 1980.

Ask yourself this question: "If Hillary Clinton got shafted and slandered / libeled in the presidential race the way she asserts, why doesn't she sue everyone involved? Obviously she would have an easy time proving her life was negatively impacted and her public, professional image tarnished forever right? She doesn't sue over it because she knows she essentially just got away with murder, and it would be in her best interests to keep a low-profile and let it go...else all of the accusations lobbied against her would resurface and be investigated again....and she most-likely won't have the cover she did last time. That's just my opinion though....based on logic and reasoning.....as well as all of the evidence presented against her over the past...what -- 40-ish years or so?
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 3:26:25 AM
At 1/5/2017 6:23:02 AM, Edlvsjd wrote:

Same as above.

Same as above.

Sources.

you have lost your common sense. you false conformity with modern science has drew your mind to an end. had the earth suddenly lost all of its motions, wed all be flung off into space. its a basic law of physics

Basic laws of physics also dictates that the sun can't stand still either. Plus the earth doesn't have to stop on a dime in other to create the same effect. We have jets capable of reaching speeds of well over 1000 mph yet they land without turning the pilot into jelly. Since the entire event was a miracle in the first place one of two things could've happened:

1. God stopped the earth on a dime and prevented the laws of physics from flinging us miles forward (since you need to go speeds exceeding 1000 mph to escape the earth's gravity).

2. God slowed down the earth gently.

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 3:30:52 AM
At 1/5/2017 6:25:20 AM, Edlvsjd wrote:

Same as above.

Same as above.

Sources.
'

And since the earth was created first, what was it orbiting around for a debatable amount of time?
One of two things:

1. The earth was orbiting around nothing.

2. It just sat there until God created the sun.

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 3:35:33 AM
At 1/7/2017 6:26:43 AM, Edlvsjd wrote:

Same as above.

Same as above.

Sources.

Isaiah 38:8 behold, I will bring again the shadow of the degrees, which is gone down in the sun dial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward. So the sun returned ten degrees, by which degrees it was gone down.

Do you also believe that the earth stopped it's 1,000 mile per hour spin suddenly, and spin itself the other way?

Do you believe that the sun went backwards on its orbit? Both scenarios are miracles by anyone's standard. God is omnipotent and he can stop the earth on a dime, shake it like a snow globe, and play soccer with it and we won't feel a thing if he wants. That said, who's to say that he did in fact stopped the earth on a dime? He could've stopped the earth slowly.

Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2017 4:26:21 AM
At 1/10/2017 3:30:52 AM, Maccabee wrote:

Same as above.

Same as above.

Sources.
'

One of two things:

I can't believe the level of conformity you have, you are forcing an interpretation based on preconceived notions. Unless otherwise noted, all of the Scriptures are taken from the KJV. Pretending you have never heard of a globe or even a flat earth before, let"s just allow the Bible to speak for itself. Read them over a couple of times, asking the Holy Spirit to reveal to you what they mean.

Job 9:8 Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.

Job 22:14 (HCSB) Clouds veil Him so that He cannot see, as He walks on the circle of the sky.

Job 37:18 Hast thou with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?
Genesis 1:

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.
Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psalm 104:

1 Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.

2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
Proverbs 8:27 (ESV) When He established the heavens, I was there, When He inscribed a circle on the face of the deep.
Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the

Time is Running out
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2017 10:06:49 PM
At 1/10/2017 4:26:21 AM, Edlvsjd wrote:

One of two things:

I can't believe the level of conformity you have, you are forcing an interpretation based on preconceived notions.

I'm not really forcing anything. The passage does indicate either way whether the is stationary or in orbit.

Unless otherwise noted, all of the Scriptures are taken from the KJV. Pretending you have never heard of a globe or even a flat earth before, let"s just allow the Bible to speak for itself. Read them over a couple of times, asking the Holy Spirit to reveal to you what they mean.

Job 9:8 Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.

He stretched space to where they are now.

Job 22:14 (HCSB) Clouds veil Him so that He cannot see, as He walks on the circle of the sky.

Be very careful of taking a doctrine from the book of Job for two reasons:

1. It's poetic

2. The Bible accurately records the lies and misconceptions of men. This chapter is one of Job's friends speaking. That being said taking the verse at face value the sky from our viewpoint surrounds us.

Job 37:18 Hast thou with him spread out the sky, which is strong, and as a molten looking glass?

The first part was explained above. The second part of molten glass its saying that its LIKE molten glass not that it IS molten glass. Molten glass is clear and so is the sky (unless you're in LA). As far as the comment about the sky being strong, without looking at it in context its kinda hard to figure out what he's saying but I think he's saying the sky doesn't split open for no reason. Like I said before this isn't God speaking but a man voicing his opinion to job.

Genesis 1:

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

This firmanment is the sky as it states clearly in verse 8. To say that the word "firm" is in the word and therefore it must mean something solid would be like me saying the reason why congress doesn't do anything is because they have the word "con" in the word.

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psalm 104:

1 Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.

2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

See my response about stretching the heavens above.

3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
Proverbs 8:27 (ESV) When He established the heavens, I was there, When He inscribed a circle on the face of the deep.

If we're to take it at face value that means that there's a giant circle in the middle of one of the seven seas.

Isaiah 40:22 It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

A sphere is the most perfect form of a circle. 2D circles don't exist in the real world. If that was supposed to be a literal accurate portaying of the shape of the earth then it would've said disc or cylinder.

Isaiah 44:24 Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and h

You ran out of space but I read the rest from the Bible and it falls under strecthing out the heavens.

Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 4:22:23 AM
At 1/11/2017 10:06:49 PM, Maccabee wrote:

One of two things:

I can't believe the level of conformity you have, you are forcing an interpretation based on preconceived notions.

I'm not really forcing anything.

You are, even most atheists can see the Bible is a flat earth book, with your four corners of a ball that is "fixed and immovable" yet, flying through space at 1,000 miles per second. I didn't recall any other worlds mentioned in the Bible, did you? Why doesn't it mention the moon landing in the bible? Or going to mars soon? You'd rather take Masonic Helios worshipping Liars word and conform your interpretations with these views already in mind.

http://thecoincidencetheorist.com...

The passage does indicate either way whether the is stationary or in orbit.

Are you also conforming to the big bang theory, and claiming was formed while flying 1,000 miles per second? Or was it formed, and then started this motion? Where exactly is heaven? Why do stars not look like suns? Where is hell?

Unless otherwise noted, all of the Scriptures are taken from the KJV. Pretending you have never heard of a globe or even a flat earth before, let"s just allow the Bible to speak for itself. Read them over a couple of times, asking the Holy Spirit to reveal to you what they mean.

So are the heavens moving? Because by the time i type this space is in an entirely different position. In the very least, you are claiming geocentricity in the Bible. At least then we are not completely INSIGNIFICANT.

1. It's poetic

2. The Bible accurately records the lies and misconceptions of men. This chapter is one of Job's friends speaking. That being said taking the verse at face value the sky from our viewpoint surrounds us.

The first part was explained above. The second part of molten glass its saying that its LIKE molten glass not that it IS molten glass. Molten glass is clear and so is the sky (unless you're in LA). As far as the comment about the sky being strong, without looking at it in context its kinda hard to figure out what he's saying but I think he's saying the sky doesn't split open for no reason. Like I said before this isn't God speaking but a man voicing his opinion to job.

Genesis 1:

This firmanment is the sky as it states clearly in verse 8. To say that the word "firm" is in the word and therefore it must mean something solid would be like me saying the reason why congress doesn't do anything is because they have the word "con" in the word.

Psalm 104:

If we're to take it at face value that means that there's a giant circle in the middle of one of the seven seas.

A sphere is the most perfect form of a circle. 2D circles don't exist in the real world. If that was supposed to be a literal accurate portaying of the shape of the earth then it would've said disc or cylinder.

You ran out of space but I read the rest from the Bible and it falls under strecthing out the heavens.

Time is Running out
Mharman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 2:26:22 PM
At 1/12/2017 4:22:23 AM, Edlvsjd wrote:

Funny how you are such a firm believer in the Bible, yet your signature has such a barrage of swear words.
DebateArt.com is where all the users went.
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 2:34:09 PM
At 1/12/2017 2:26:22 PM, Mharman wrote:

Funny how you are such a firm believer in the Bible, yet your signature has such a barrage of swear words.

Who said I was a firm believer in the Bible? We are having a discussion on whether the Bible says the earth is flat or not.

Time is Running out
Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2017 6:13:06 PM

One of two things:

I'm not really forcing anything. The passage does indicate either way whether the is stationary or in orbit.

The bible does i.e. fixed and immovable

1. It's poetic

Genesis 1:

Psalm 104:

Time is Running out
Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2017 7:22:21 PM
At 1/12/2017 2:34:09 PM, Edlvsjd wrote:

Who said I was a firm believer in the Bible? We are having a discussion on whether the Bible says the earth is flat or not.
You admit elsewhere that you are a believer. Besides, if you're going to disbelieve in macro evolution then you must believe in some sort of creator.

Maccabee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2017 7:59:55 PM

One of two things:

I'm not really forcing anything.

You are, even most atheists can see the Bible is a flat earth book,

So athiests who don't dig deeper into the Bible are going to tell us what the Bible says and means?

with your four corners of a ball that is "fixed and immovable" yet, flying through space at 1,000 miles per second.

How can a circle have four corners? Also something can be fixed in its path. David said "the Lord is my defense I shall not be moved." Does that mean he's struck on that patch of ground?

I didn't recall any other worlds mentioned in the Bible, did you?

Why yes, in fact I do recall.

Hebrews 1:2 (KJV)

"Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the WORLDS."

Now whether or not those other worlds have any life on them is a different story.

Why doesn't it mention the moon landing in the bible? Or going to mars soon?

Why would it? That being said the Bible says nothing is new under the sun, knowledge will increase, and the last days will be like the days of Noah and Lot.

You'd rather take Masonic Helios worshipping Liars word and conform your interpretations with these views already in mind.

No, I'd rather hear both sides of the argument and weigh the evidence. I don't care if the truth came from some toothless KKK member. If its the truth then its the truth.

http://thecoincidencetheorist.com...

I'll get back to this. I recall someone debunking this but I forgot exactly where to find it.

The passage does indicate either way whether the is stationary or in orbit.

Are you also conforming to the big bang theory, and claiming was formed while flying 1,000 miles per second?

Your question doesn't make much sense. But I will say that I don't believe in the Big Bang.

Or was it formed, and then started this motion?

It was formed and started it motion when the sun was created. Either that or it started its orbit before the sun was created.

Where exactly is heaven?

Beyond outerspace or in the next dimension.

Why do stars not look like suns?

Because they are farther away from the sun, duh! That's like me asking why flashlights don't look the same from thirty miles away as they do when you're ten feet from them.

Where is hell?

In earth.

So are the heavens moving?

I'm not sure if they ARE moving but they WERE moved when he created everything.

Because by the time i type this space is in an entirely different position. In the very least, you are claiming geocentricity in the Bible. At least then we are not completely INSIGNIFICANT.

I'm not claiming anything. Strecthing out the heavens can also include the earth since we're apart of it.

1. It's poetic

Genesis 1:

Psalm 104:

Edlvsjd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2017 2:57:32 PM
At 1/15/2017 7:22:21 PM, Maccabee wrote:
At 1/12/2017 2:34:09 PM, Edlvsjd wrote:

You admit elsewhere that you are a believer. Besides, if you're going to disbelieve in macro evolution then you must believe in some sort of creator.

Believing in a Creator just not equal firm believer in the Bible. Do you know who the god of this world is?

Time is Running out

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.