Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Idiot Paul Ryan: Defund Planned Parenthood!

Anonymous
1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.
tejretics
Posts: 6,869
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 4:24:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
GOP platform:

1. Deny healthcare to millions of Americans
2. Ensure the institutional repression of the LGBT community
3. Prevent women from having any degree of autonomy over themselves; even if they were raped
4. Kill the world - through lack of environmental protection or any understanding of foreign policy
5. Prioritize the emotional need for retribution over actual crime prevention
6. Gerrymander and create laws to deliberately disenfranchise certain races

Trump seems like the most reasonable Republican. It really speaks to the pathetic state of the GOP.
Just because you're magic doesn't mean you aren't real.
kevin24018
Posts: 6,891
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 4:28:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM, YYW wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.

if this happens to you think p.p.h. will just stop doing them or perhaps only when it's rape or incest, but continue to offer the other services?
abortions make up only about three percent of Planned Parenthood"s work.
http://arstechnica.com...

I mean the state ran public health offices offer std testing already, and there are other non profits as well, there's a lot of redundancy which just increases cost. Certainly they do provide some extremely important services that people can't get else were, they may need to scale down and focus on that and hand off what other places are already doing were possible.
I haven't found if this defunding is part of a contingency plan or there is an alternative they will provide for p.p.h.s other services. Without a backup plan for their other services I think, essentially putting p.p.h. out of business would be financially detrimental for us tax payers, without going into all the other reasons of how it would be detrimental. Hopefully there's more specifics and it won't be as bad as it seems.
Bennett91 the liar http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 6:56:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM, YYW wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

327,653 abortions from Oct 1, 2012 to September 30, 2013 constitutes "some rare cases"?

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Peepette
Posts: 1,499
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 6:57:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM, YYW wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

Yep! sounds about right. Promoting more pregnancies amongst the poor, swelling welfare rolls. Increased disability benefits for handicapped children due to poor pre-natal care. Go ahead and spread those std's because poor people are scum anyway. Seems to me that this cost saving/anti-contraceptive anti- abortion move will end up costing the US tax payer boat loads more down the road. No matter, the Reps will be out of office when the social welfare cost mount and the Dems will have to foot the blame.

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Don't you know the Reps want to have women where god intended? At home and pregnant. Either this will be the answer to the declining white population or will cause an increase of more poor brown babies being born, who can later be shamed as a drain on society. After all, we do have to maintain the object of our slanders on society's ills.


Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.
Iacov
Posts: 499
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 7:01:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 4:24:37 PM, tejretics wrote:
GOP platform:

1. Deny healthcare to millions of Americans
Repeal a system that is redistributing wealth unfairly
2. Ensure the institutional repression of the LGBT community
False simply false.
3. Prevent women from having any degree of autonomy over themselves; even if they were raped
(Although I disagree with this particular issue) Protect the unborn child.
4. Kill the world - through lack of environmental protection or any understanding of foreign policy
Prioritize economy over ecology.
5. Prioritize the emotional need for retribution over actual crime prevention
Justice.
6. Gerrymander and create laws to deliberately disenfranchise certain races
I would say the democrats are guilty of the same thing.

Trump seems like the most reasonable Republican. It really speaks to the pathetic state of the GOP.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 7:06:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Look, I'd be just fine with Planned Parenthood if they weren't killing nearly as many people each year as the total number of deaths from the Syrian Civil War.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
mc9
Posts: 1,866
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 7:08:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 7:06:10 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Look, I'd be just fine with Planned Parenthood if they weren't killing nearly as many people each year as the total number of deaths from the Syrian Civil War.

How are they killing people?
"Yes. The quality of your threads is bronto level. Do better"- YYW
Stymie13
Posts: 3,119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 7:13:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Another emotion fueled rant. I agree that Paul Ryan is a terrible house member. Much of the rest is just reverse bronto.

Viva la bronto!
kevin24018
Posts: 6,891
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 7:15:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 7:06:10 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Look, I'd be just fine with Planned Parenthood if they weren't killing nearly as many people each year as the total number of deaths from the Syrian Civil War.

Perhaps this is a way to leverage p.p.h. from only doing abortions in rape or life threatening cases, I have no idea, it's a mess to be sure.
Bennett91 the liar http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 7:22:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay, the Syrian Civil War figure's wrong, since the total number of deaths from that conflict (probably) exceeds 400,000.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 8:09:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM, YYW wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.

If the Republicans fail to repeal Obamacare because of this silly defunding nonsense then they are stupider than I thought. A smart move would be to just remove that stipulation. They can be so stubborn sometimes... which is one of my biggest qualms with Republicans and why they deserve to lose. Do they not realize that their core principles are outdated, that they'd have no shot in hell of ever getting to the Whitehouse with a real Republican? Based on the article it sounds like this is the only real roadblock they're facing, and the solution is right there in front of them.

Personally I'm a fan of Planned Parenthood, they provide a necessary service and women should always have the right to choose (at-least in cases of rape, incest, inheritable genetic flaws that would cause the child to have a painful existence, or personal harm).
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 8:13:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 4:24:37 PM, tejretics wrote:
Trump seems like the most reasonable Republican. It really speaks to the pathetic state of the GOP.

Lol, that's because he's not a real Republican. He just used that party because the left was already Hillary's. He's donated to both sides throughout his career though and his own political ideology isn't really aligned with hard-line Republicans. I totally agree though that the GOP is currently in a pathetic, and outdated, state. This phenomenon of them controlling the house is solely due to voter backlash against the left in the most recent election cycle. I doubt it'll happen again, but that's mostly dependent on how well Trump's presidency goes.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Anonymous
1/6/2017 8:40:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 8:09:20 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM, YYW wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.

If the Republicans fail to repeal Obamacare because of this silly defunding nonsense then they are stupider than I thought. A smart move would be to just remove that stipulation. They can be so stubborn sometimes... which is one of my biggest qualms with Republicans and why they deserve to lose. Do they not realize that their core principles are outdated, that they'd have no shot in hell of ever getting to the Whitehouse with a real Republican? Based on the article it sounds like this is the only real roadblock they're facing, and the solution is right there in front of them.

Personally I'm a fan of Planned Parenthood, they provide a necessary service and women should always have the right to choose (at-least in cases of rape, incest, inheritable genetic flaws that would cause the child to have a painful existence, or personal harm).

There is a part of me that wonders if this talk about planned parenthood is a rouse designed to give them a cop-out for not repealing Obamacare.

I think there are a lot of Republican congressmen and senators who realize that Obamacare (which is only called Obamacare because Republicans attempted to personalize the Affordable Care Act for the purpose of exploiting right-wing antipathy towards the president) has benefitted a lot of their constituents are going to be very hesitant to move forward with its repeal.

Even though there's been a lot of talk about repealing and replacing, it's manifestly clear that they don't have anything to replace the ACA with. Their current repeal proposal would also cost about three million jobs and several billion dollars, almost instantly. This is why the GOP actually even went so far as to propose that they conceal the cost of the repeal from Americans. (So transparent.... lol.)

The point here, though, is that they're all laboring with dog-that-caught-the-mailman syndrome here. They've basically had nothing other than vacuous idiocy against Obamacare all of this time, by which I mean they had nothing that would even approach a competent or reasonable argument against the ACA (after all, it was a conservative scheme in the first instance... it's not a coincidence that the Heritage Foundation was Obamacare's original architect). And, many of them are starting to wonder how badly the voters will punish them if they up-end the health insurance industry as amply as they're proposing to do.

It's a big gamble, any way you slice it. It's one thing to sit on the sidelines and throw sh!t at the other side, but it's another thing entirely to have to actually govern rather than just obstruct. In many respects, I'm almost excited to see this bath of fire that the GOP is getting ready to unleash on themselves.
Blade-of-Truth
Posts: 5,479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 9:05:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 8:40:57 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/6/2017 8:09:20 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM, YYW wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.

If the Republicans fail to repeal Obamacare because of this silly defunding nonsense then they are stupider than I thought. A smart move would be to just remove that stipulation. They can be so stubborn sometimes... which is one of my biggest qualms with Republicans and why they deserve to lose. Do they not realize that their core principles are outdated, that they'd have no shot in hell of ever getting to the Whitehouse with a real Republican? Based on the article it sounds like this is the only real roadblock they're facing, and the solution is right there in front of them.

Personally I'm a fan of Planned Parenthood, they provide a necessary service and women should always have the right to choose (at-least in cases of rape, incest, inheritable genetic flaws that would cause the child to have a painful existence, or personal harm).

There is a part of me that wonders if this talk about planned parenthood is a rouse designed to give them a cop-out for not repealing Obamacare.

Not going to lie, that thought crossed my mind as well. If that isn't the case then I have no words on the stubborn ignorance of Paul Ryan who'd literally be the sole cause for this effort to fail by keeping such language included. Planned parenthood came before Obamacare, so to defund PP as part of their effort to remove Obamacare is just ridiculous. They are two different issues that could, and evidently should, be addressed separately.

I think there are a lot of Republican congressmen and senators who realize that Obamacare (which is only called Obamacare because Republicans attempted to personalize the Affordable Care Act for the purpose of exploiting right-wing antipathy towards the president) has benefitted a lot of their constituents are going to be very hesitant to move forward with its repeal.

I don't even think that's the main issue that'd cause it to fail, but rather it's the division within the party members who want to see PP defunded, those who don't care either way, and those who don't. The article highlighted how dropping PP from the measure altogether might tick off the right-flank of the party who could then retaliate by not voting to repeal Obamacare. They certainly need to work this out before attempting to pass this measure through the house and senate. Having majority control really loses all its meaning if the majority is divided amongst themselves.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Anonymous
1/6/2017 9:17:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 9:05:08 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 1/6/2017 8:40:57 PM, YYW wrote:
At 1/6/2017 8:09:20 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
At 1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM, YYW wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.

If the Republicans fail to repeal Obamacare because of this silly defunding nonsense then they are stupider than I thought. A smart move would be to just remove that stipulation. They can be so stubborn sometimes... which is one of my biggest qualms with Republicans and why they deserve to lose. Do they not realize that their core principles are outdated, that they'd have no shot in hell of ever getting to the Whitehouse with a real Republican? Based on the article it sounds like this is the only real roadblock they're facing, and the solution is right there in front of them.

Personally I'm a fan of Planned Parenthood, they provide a necessary service and women should always have the right to choose (at-least in cases of rape, incest, inheritable genetic flaws that would cause the child to have a painful existence, or personal harm).

There is a part of me that wonders if this talk about planned parenthood is a rouse designed to give them a cop-out for not repealing Obamacare.

Not going to lie, that thought crossed my mind as well. If that isn't the case then I have no words on the stubborn ignorance of Paul Ryan who'd literally be the sole cause for this effort to fail by keeping such language included. Planned parenthood came before Obamacare, so to defund PP as part of their effort to remove Obamacare is just ridiculous. They are two different issues that could, and evidently should, be addressed separately.

Well, frankly, neither of them are legitimate political issues to even be debating, but assuming for the sake of argument that they are, yes, I agree that they should be dealt with distinctly. And, I also agree that the fact that Republicans are ostensibly trying to manufacture a reason not to repeal Obamacare is highly curious, too.

Rand Paul, for example, has refused to defund Obamacare because the current proposal, he says, would add to the budget deficit. Of course, Kentucky is one of the states that has *most* benefited from Obamacare... is Rand trying to back out, without saying he's backing out? I don't know, but I think that some of the gravity of the risk of repealing Obamacare is starting to settle in and these dubious political games that the party seems to insist on playing raises many questions.

I think there are a lot of Republican congressmen and senators who realize that Obamacare (which is only called Obamacare because Republicans attempted to personalize the Affordable Care Act for the purpose of exploiting right-wing antipathy towards the president) has benefitted a lot of their constituents are going to be very hesitant to move forward with its repeal.

I don't even think that's the main issue that'd cause it to fail, but rather it's the division within the party members who want to see PP defunded, those who don't care either way, and those who don't.

Well, of course there's a lot of visible division on whether Planned Parenthood should be defunded or not because not all Republicans are ideologically driven fools hellbent on destroying the country... it's just that most of them are. But, the bigger problem is where the real division lies that *can't* be talked about, on the issue of whether the Affordable Care Act should stay or go.

So, because they can't all fight about that, they're fighting about something else as a pretext. This, again, is just exactly the kind of idiotic gamesmanship that I expect from the GOP, though. Whether the Planned Parenthood issue is a pretext or not, they are literally too stupid and dysfunctional to even get their party in line to do what they've been talking about doing for the last six years.

The article highlighted how dropping PP from the measure altogether might tick off the right-flank of the party who could then retaliate by not voting to repeal Obamacare. They certainly need to work this out before attempting to pass this measure through the house and senate. Having majority control really loses all its meaning if the majority is divided amongst themselves.

lol indeed... but maybe dividing the party amongst itself is what the GOP wants right now?

On the plus side, this whole affair is looking great for Obama's legacy.
Greyparrot
Posts: 21,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 9:24:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM, YYW wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.

We can't have any competition for scarce resources amongst minorities for the anchor babies. Planned Genocide should remain as a buffer for the sake of the world's needy, since American minorities don't really need all those extra babies.
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
kevin24018
Posts: 6,891
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 9:31:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 9:24:18 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM, YYW wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.

We can't have any competition for scarce resources amongst minorities for the anchor babies. Planned Genocide should remain as a buffer for the sake of the world's needy, since American minorities don't really need all those extra babies.

You sir, are most Incendiary, please continue, it's rather enjoyable.
Bennett91 the liar http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Posts: 21,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 9:31:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 9:31:00 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 1/6/2017 9:24:18 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM, YYW wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.

We can't have any competition for scarce resources amongst minorities for the anchor babies. Planned Genocide should remain as a buffer for the sake of the world's needy, since American minorities don't really need all those extra babies.

You sir, are most Incendiary, please continue, it's rather enjoyable.

>:D
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
Unstobbaple
Posts: 4,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 9:38:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM, YYW wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.

Dammit! It's like reverse Eugenics. Those evil bastards in China have actually tried (mostly failed but that always proceeds success) to engineer a society that creates more resourceful/innovative people. Jokes on them, they'll clearly go to hell.
Unstobbaple
Posts: 4,068
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2017 10:28:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
China has abandoned the single child model as ineffective and I read a while back about some interesting programs they are using. I think the 'help' we provide to the poor often causes an increase in miserable people as the post indicates.

I've personally seen planned parenthood help several people by encouraging those that, are young, confused, poor etc to rethink plans to have kids.

At this point I'd advocate some government intervention in the form of eugenics controls but as always this would be way more effective, meet less resistance and be more effective if we could figure out how to get private companies to due it. At the very least end the eugenics programs that create more miserable people.
Peepette
Posts: 1,499
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 1:46:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I see eugenics is proposed here, but this is not the real issue at hand. In many other countries females cannot inherit land or wealth, nor have rights to maintain the parental lineage name. (I married 27 yrs ago never changed my name) This is the value placed on women. Until they can inherit and maintain family lineage rights their value is a non-sequitur. Wealth takes priority in many states. China now has a problem with its 1 child policy, as in many poorer countries that practice infratricide of girls, there is not enough females in proportion to men and there are not enough females to care for the male"s elderly parents. The men are not stepping up because this is not their traditional role. There"s a collapse as result. Until there is an equilibrium struck the issue will continue
Daltonian
Posts: 4,785
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 2:04:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 7:06:10 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Look, I'd be just fine with Planned Parenthood if they weren't killing nearly as many people each year as the total number of deaths from the Syrian Civil War.
Somewhere around 1.2% of the abortions PP performs occur outside of the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. Zygotes are not people. Embryos are not people. Other than raw genetic material, they have none of the attributes that separate complex human beings from any other piece of organic matter.

Those dying every day in Aleppo and beyond, on the other hand, are very much real, complex, thinking, feeling, extremely scared *people*. I do not like this comparison.
Rest In Peace, DDO.
triangle.128k
Posts: 5,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 3:56:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM, YYW wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.

Planned Parenthood can operate perfectly fine PRIVATELY without government funding. Plus, they essentially have a government subsidized monopoly over their services given that nobody can compete against them now.

You can state all the good things PP has done, but please elaborate on why they should be funded and not survive on their own in the free market?
Geogeer
Posts: 6,004
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 4:44:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/7/2017 2:04:49 AM, Daltonian wrote:
At 1/6/2017 7:06:10 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Look, I'd be just fine with Planned Parenthood if they weren't killing nearly as many people each year as the total number of deaths from the Syrian Civil War.
Somewhere around 1.2% of the abortions PP performs occur outside of the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. Zygotes are not people. Embryos are not people. Other than raw genetic material, they have none of the attributes that separate complex human beings from any other piece of organic matter.

Zygotes and embryos are definitely people, because every human is a person.

Those dying every day in Aleppo and beyond, on the other hand, are very much real, complex, thinking, feeling, extremely scared *people*. I do not like this comparison.

You may not like it, but it is true.
Chaos88
Posts: 4,097
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 5:00:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM, YYW wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.

I have never understood why a tax-exempt agency should be receiving government funds on top of their status. Can you defend the federal funding of 501c(3)'s?

According to PP's annual report, it appears their funding from government (which is 43% of their revenue) is from grants and reimbursements. Any idea how PP would be de-funded specifically? I assume they can still get reimbursements, whatever that means.
warren42
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 6:27:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
YYW I'm just curious, what's your objective with your inflammatory posts. You've stated before it isn't to provide discourse with opposing viewpoints, so what is it?
Heterodox
Posts: 430
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 7:18:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM, YYW wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.

Should defund it, people like you can donate to it to keep it alive.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Posts: 1,551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 8:43:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 3:30:54 PM, YYW wrote:
http://www.cnn.com...

Yes, you read the headline correct. Idiot Paul Ryan is now undertaking to defund the organization which is almost solely responsible for preventing unwanted pregnancies, distributing birth control to low income women, providing prenatal care for the purpose of ensuring healthy babies to hundreds of thousands of women, distributing contraception, and in some rare cases, providing access to abortions.

Despite the fact that every single aspect of the GOP's "scandal" it manufactured about Planned Parenthood's "selling baby parts" or whatever other blatant lie they espoused has not only been debunked, but the conspirators have been prosecuted for law breaking themselves, the GOP refuses to abandon its idiotic goal to make it harder for poor women to receive health care. This is sh!t that makes Democratic arguments that Republicans are "waging a war on women" more plausible.

Of course, Paul Ryan is easily the stupidest person in Washington, other than, for example, Raul Labrador... so stupid in fact that "facts" and "common sense" have never been problems for him to overcome. He pulls his economic theory from Ayn Rand, and his ideas about social issues from the Old Testament. Ryan is *literally* the litmus of what's wrong with America, and in time.... he and the rest of the GOP will be severely punished by the voters.

He's just too dumb to realize that America is not with him.

Why are you commenting on this as if Paul Ryan's, or the GOP's intention or goal is to completely eliminate every single service Planned Parenthood provides? This line of argument is used by every left-wing talking head and soundbite --- and is demonstrably wrong. The GOP just doesn't want tax payer dollars to subsidize abortions as it violates Amendment the First by forcing citizens to contribute to abortions even if their faith teaches against the practice. Since Planned Parenthood refuses to restructure their organization in a manner that creates a clear and incontrovertible separation between abortion services and all other services, the GOP wants to defund them, yes. However, what you aren't mentioning is their proposed migration of Planned Parenthood's reclaimed funding, to other non-profit organizations which provide the same exact products and services, except abortion services.

Instead of continuing this never-ending, unsolvable back-and-forth argument between defunding and fully funding Planned Parenthood, why not create a compromise?

Is there a problem with stipulating all Planned Parenthood subsidies be contingent on Planned Parenthood creating a clear organizational delineation between abortion services and those services which are funded by tax payers? This seems like a reasonable compromise...one that I'm sure most tax payers would not even mind chipping in to help cover the costs required to create this separation.

Is there a problem with the same exact amount of funding being given to Planned Parenthood today, instead being spread to other, equivalent providers who simply do not provide abortion services moving forward? This option also presents to me as a perfectly reasonable compromise.

When I think about this particular option (2nd option), I continually ask myself one single question: "What makes Planned Parenthood this great golden artifact that drives democrats to hold it above every single other organization?" The only reasonable answer I can come up with is that either a large number of democrats, or a small number of very influential and powerful democrats are receiving some sort of kickback or other benefit from Planned Parenthood or its high-ranking members. If this is the case, then Americans from both sides of the isle should be absolutely disgusted at this political corruption and be unquestionably bound together in a fight to end this corrupt and direct link between a tax-payer subsidized organization and the political influence it is imposing, at the levels it is imposing.
MakeSensePeopleDont
Posts: 1,551
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2017 9:14:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 1/6/2017 9:17:23 PM, YYW wrote:

Rand Paul, for example, has refused to defund Obamacare because the current proposal, he says, would add to the budget deficit. Of course, Kentucky is one of the states that has *most* benefited from Obamacare... is Rand trying to back out, without saying he's backing out? I don't know, but I think that some of the gravity of the risk of repealing Obamacare is starting to settle in and these dubious political games that the party seems to insist on playing raises many questions.

Just for your knowledge:

I can tell you with absolute certainty, Kentucky is definitely benefiting the most from Obamacare. The reason for this is the massive amount of Medicaid fraud within that state in comparison to plan purchases and subsequent net profits for the provider across all offered services. Prior to the Affordable Care Act, not a single health insurance provider wanted to touch Kentucky Medicaid with a 10 foot pole. When my previous company acquired and expanded Kentucky Medicaid, the ENTIRE team that ran the numbers and presented them to the board and stock holders, convincing them to go through with the acquisition, was subsequently fired for improperly calculating fraud rates of the state's program. This improper calculation took the program's financial burden for our company from "in the black" to billions of dollars in losses annually. Kentucky's Medicaid program is an extreme hot potato that bleeds the industry dry...then keeps on sucking.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.