Jump to topic:

Sen. Lindsey Graham: "...hit Russia hard"

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2017 10:36:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham told Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor" that President-elect Donald Trump should make Russian President Vladimir Putin "pay a price" for cyberattacks on the Democratic National Committee during last year's election campaign.

"Two presidents have miscalculated Putin," Graham told Bill O'Reilly. "[George W.] Bush looked into his eyes and saw his soul, and Obama wanted to re-set.

"I want a better relationship with Russia ... as much as Trump does, but the one thing I"m convinced of: You"ll never have a better relationship forgiving [Putin] for all his misdeeds," Graham added. "A better relationship would mean he no longer tries to destroy democracy around the world, interfere in our elections, kill his opponents and steal his people blind."

http://www.foxnews.com...

Honestly, I find myself agreeing with Graham. Russia ought to not go unpunished, so sanctions should be in order. Acquiescing and forgiving the actions of the Russian Federation will simply empower Putin to conduct himself in the same manner as before, which will only hurt Russo-American relations further.
"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2017 7:04:42 PM
At 1/15/2017 10:36:44 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham told Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor" that President-elect Donald Trump should make Russian President Vladimir Putin "pay a price" for cyberattacks on the Democratic National Committee during last year's election campaign.

"Two presidents have miscalculated Putin," Graham told Bill O'Reilly. "[George W.] Bush looked into his eyes and saw his soul, and Obama wanted to re-set.

"I want a better relationship with Russia ... as much as Trump does, but the one thing I"m convinced of: You"ll never have a better relationship forgiving [Putin] for all his misdeeds," Graham added. "A better relationship would mean he no longer tries to destroy democracy around the world, interfere in our elections, kill his opponents and steal his people blind."

Honestly, I find myself agreeing with Graham. Russia ought to not go unpunished, so sanctions should be in order. Acquiescing and forgiving the actions of the Russian Federation will simply empower Putin to conduct himself in the same manner as before, which will only hurt Russo-American relations further.

I 100% agree with Graham as well, and the only way that we will ever have better relations with Russia on terms that make such an improvement worth having is to compel Putin to stop behaving like a tin pot dictator.

Personally, I hope that internal politics in Russia do to Putin what, for example, the Bolsheviks did to the Romanovs.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2017 7:06:31 PM

But Putin memes are superb
Beginner Series Mafia Mod. PM if interested***
-
"I bet you're thinking right now 'haha I'm a genius'. well you're not" - Valkrin

"You're too young to be so wise, mate. Tone it down a little." - Devilry

*puffs bubble pipe*
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2017 7:09:47 PM
Fvck Lindsay grahams 1985 version of the world. Seriously, as a former Rebuplican (granted 10+ years ago) who mistakenly listed to this clown and has been wrong on EVERY FVCKING THING HES SAID ON THE INTERNATIONAL FRONT.

Don't believe me? Look up his foreign policy positions.

To reiterate: FVCK GRAHAM AND MCCAIN.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2017 10:25:09 PM
At 1/15/2017 7:04:42 PM, YYW wrote:

I 100% agree with Graham as well, and the only way that we will ever have better relations with Russia on terms that make such an improvement worth having is to compel Putin to stop behaving like a tin pot dictator.

Personally, I hope that internal politics in Russia do to Putin what, for example, the Bolsheviks did to the Romanovs.

"What I fear is what the world looks like, in the future. I am virtually certain that Hillary Clinton will drag us back into war, and perpetual conflict in the Middle East, because her level of hawkishness parallels noted idiot Lindsey Graham's."

-YYW
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2017 10:36:21 PM
At 1/15/2017 10:25:09 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

"What I fear is what the world looks like, in the future. I am virtually certain that Hillary Clinton will drag us back into war, and perpetual conflict in the Middle East, because her level of hawkishness parallels noted idiot Lindsey Graham's."

-YYW

The status quo has changed.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2017 10:45:37 PM
At 1/15/2017 10:36:21 PM, YYW wrote:

-YYW

I can't tell who is more unpredictable...you or trump!
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2017 10:47:00 PM
At 1/15/2017 7:09:47 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
Fvck Lindsay grahams 1985 version of the world. Seriously, as a former Rebuplican (granted 10+ years ago) who mistakenly listed to this clown and has been wrong on EVERY FVCKING THING HES SAID ON THE INTERNATIONAL FRONT.

Democracy building and dictator smashing needs to FKN go as a foreign policy.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2017 12:05:01 AM
At 1/15/2017 10:47:00 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Why is it 'conservatives' like us have the progressive foreign policy!
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2017 2:22:21 AM
At 1/16/2017 12:05:01 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

Watching so-called liberals turn into 2000s neocons has been bizarre. I don't even want to gloat, the whole phenomenon is weird and makes me feel dirty. Full on Two Minutes Hate...
"Partout ou vous verrez un autel, la se trouve la civilisation."
- Joseph de Maistre -

"Woe that I live in bitter days,
As God is setting like a sun
And in his place, as lord and slave,
Man raises forth his heinous throne."
- Translation of 'Rhyfel', by Hedd Wyn -

Virtutem videant intabescantque relicta
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2017 2:26:13 AM
At 1/16/2017 2:22:21 AM, Skepsikyma wrote:
At 1/16/2017 12:05:01 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

Watching so-called liberals turn into 2000s neocons has been bizarre. I don't even want to gloat, the whole phenomenon is weird and makes me feel dirty. Full on Two Minutes Hate...

Dude/dudette, it's been mind boggling.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2017 3:52:42 AM
At 1/15/2017 10:45:37 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 1/15/2017 10:36:21 PM, YYW wrote:

-YYW

I can't tell who is more unpredictable...you or trump!

If Russia han't interfered with the election, I would have been admonishing Hillary from putting US forces in Ukraine.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2017 10:46:58 PM

Do you think Trump's familiarity with Putin would help this process? If the Trump administration imposes economic sanctions (or sanctions of other brands, perhaps), it would be a benefit to relations with Russia in the future and also in the best interest of international politics. We should desire more healthy relations with Russia and work to get those, and I think imposing sanctions to pressure Putin into acting better would be a big step in the right direction, at least.
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.