Jump to topic:

Trump is not in it for himself

TMcubed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2017 5:51:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I hear a lot of people say Trump ran for president for personal gain or otherwise selfish motives. I find this claim deeply flawed, before the presidency he was already rich, powerful and famous. Although I agree that he benefits personally from becoming president, the burdens of responsibility and stress that he acquires from the new role greatly outweigh any personal gain - especially to someone already considerably well connected and powerful. I think he has a strong interest in dismantling the inefficient and corrupt politics of Washington today. And he's approaching that objective from neither political party.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2017 8:01:23 PM
At 1/23/2017 5:51:29 AM, TMcubed wrote:
I think he has a strong interest in dismantling the inefficient and corrupt politics of Washington today.

What's his motive? What do you think the motive was for, say, Obama?
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2017 9:31:45 PM
At 1/23/2017 8:01:23 PM, Danielle wrote:
I think he has a strong interest in dismantling the inefficient and corrupt politics of Washington today.

What's his motive? What do you think the motive was for, say, Obama?

that is a great question, I'm not sure about Obama, but Trump has had great success at doing different things, real estate, tv etc, this is the ultimate challenge for him imo, given what he has done. it's not about the money otherwise he would have take the pay 1.6 million after 4 years. It's about the challenge. Maybe he's doing it for his children and grand kids?
I would say it's NOT for the Republican party's best interest lol
Bennett91 the liar http://www.debate.org...
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2017 9:55:58 PM
I hear a lot of people say Trump ran for president for personal gain or otherwise selfish motives. I find this claim deeply flawed, before the presidency he was already rich, powerful and famous. Although I agree that he benefits personally from becoming president, the burdens of responsibility and stress that he acquires from the new role greatly outweigh any personal gain - especially to someone already considerably well connected and powerful. I think he has a strong interest in dismantling the inefficient and corrupt politics of Washington today. And he's approaching that objective from neither political party.

If you look at what you can actually see, one of the things running through everything Trump does; from the way he markets his name, to his repeated boasts both in private and in public, he is one of the most unabashed self publicists in public life today.

It appears from both his actions, his behavior and demeanor, that the conversation is all about him. He is the one who can fix things; no one does [insert whatever it is] here. He is has the best [insert whatever it is here].

He cannot take criticism, at all and has repeatedly ranted, tweeted and attacked anyone that says anything negative, in any way; he holds grudges against everyone who has done him harm in any way, and this has played out in his innumerable actions.

As President elect and during his campaign he has spent more time saying positive and reassuring things and indicated a willingness to bridge the gap between Vladamir Putin, and Russia than trying to assuage the fears of massive part of the electorate that didn't vote for him.

There maybe an element of his actions that are guided by a desire to help Americans; but so far he seems only to desire helping the Americans that agree with him; and from every facet of his personality thus far presented it seems that his goal and motivation is to be "the top guy" with the power and to help the people loyal to him, rather than Americans as a whole.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2017 10:23:21 PM
At 1/23/2017 9:11:19 PM, Danielle wrote:
He's the smartest. Nobody is as smart as he is, believe me. Big league intelligence.

He won't get the Nobel Peace prize... and he will never give Pence Medal of Freedom.
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.