Jump to topic:

Gay marriage

mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 2:40:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm going to bring back an old topic, do you think gay marriage should be allowed? Do you think it should be accepted by society?
"Yes. The quality of your threads is bronto level. Do better"- YYW
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 3:00:34 AM
At 4/5/2017 2:40:07 AM, mc9 wrote:
I'm going to bring back an old topic, do you think gay marriage should be allowed?

Yes

Do you think it should be accepted by society?

I think this would depend a lot on people's views on children. Logically, same sex marriage should be a contractual union in the context of law in my experience, but I am quick to admit that times are changing and systematic cultural influence is changing the definition of the word from its original meaning. Escaping our etemological facism for practicality in the established institution, in the sense of people joining as one and commiting vows, sure. Of course that should be accepted. Why not?
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 3:05:00 AM
At 4/5/2017 3:00:34 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
I'm going to bring back an old topic, do you think gay marriage should be allowed?

Yes

I think this would depend a lot on people's views on children. Logically, same sex marriage should be a contractual union in the context of law in my experience, but I am quick to admit that times are changing and systematic cultural influence is changing the definition of the word from its original meaning. Escaping our etemological facism for practicality in the established institution, in the sense of people joining as one and commiting vows, sure. Of course that should be accepted.

Why not?

I agree, I just wanted to see some arguments
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 4:13:11 AM
I'm going to bring back an old topic, do you think gay marriage should be allowed? Do you think it should be accepted by society?

Absolutely.

Reasoning as follows:

1) Children generally grow up better with 2 married parents.
2) Gays adopt children.
3) For the sake of the children, Gays should be allowed to be married. the purpose of Marriage is to help stabilize families with a formal contract. I don't care if the authority binding this contract is the government of the USA or the Great pizza monster in the sky. A stable gay family is better for the kids than unmarried parents.
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 4:28:28 AM
At 4/5/2017 3:05:00 AM, mc9 wrote:

Yes

I think this would depend a lot on people's views on children. Logically, same sex marriage should be a contractual union in the context of law in my experience, but I am quick to admit that times are changing and systematic cultural influence is changing the definition of the word from its original meaning. Escaping our etemological facism for practicality in the established institution, in the sense of people joining as one and commiting vows, sure. Of course that should be accepted.

Why not?

Gays adopt children, children need to be adopted, and marriage is the best way to raise children. I don't buy into heterosexual normative crap. Any teenager worth their salt will tell you their parents are weird and people who grow up with single mom's and dad's aren't all confused about the world because they only had one perspective or whatever. Good people make good parents. That is why we should accept gay marriage as an asset to our society.

I'll try and think of a con sometime. That might take me awhile since I don't have one yet, but maybe I can come up with something to argue about.
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 4:40:13 AM
At 4/5/2017 4:28:28 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 4/5/2017 3:05:00 AM, mc9 wrote:

Yes

Why not?

Gays adopt children, children need to be adopted, and marriage is the best way to raise children. I don't buy into heterosexual normative crap. Any teenager worth their salt will tell you their parents are weird and people who grow up with single mom's and dad's aren't all confused about the world because they only had one perspective or whatever. Good people make good parents. That is why we should accept gay marriage as an asset to our society.

I'll try and think of a con sometime. That might take me awhile since I don't have one yet, but maybe I can come up with something to argue about.

Oh I'm not conflicted, I just like to spark discussion
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 4:45:56 AM
In addition, marriage helps them live longer, reduces tentions, reduces crime, and reduces stds. It legitimized the relationship to make it known gays aren't just doing gay things in temptation and all that Christian malarky
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 4:46:47 AM
At 4/5/2017 4:45:56 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
In addition, marriage helps them live longer, reduces tentions, reduces crime, and reduces stds. It legitimized the relationship to make it known gays aren't just doing gay things in temptation and all that Christian malarky

You stole my argument!
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.