Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Not Such a Wonderful World

YYW
Posts: 44,679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 3:47:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://www.youtube.com...

The Supreme Court is losing legitimacy by the day. We inch closer towards war with North Korea. Today, Bashir Al Assad killed scores of innocent civilians and children in particular.

Vladimir Putin continues to test the United States' resolve and edges closer towards war with NATO. Gay rights are being rolled back by executive orders.

A wall may be built that will steal tens of thousands of acres of private land from people from Texas to California under the auspices of eminent domain.

Our prisons run over with drug offenders and none of them get rehabilitation in any form. The prisons are ran by for-profit companies that donate unlimited amounts of money because of Citizens United, along with the Defense industry.

Cable TV and Internet Service Providers have killed online privacy and will kill net neutrality in all forms before the end of the year.

Republicans may well ruin health care for all Americans with their idiotic proposals.

Global warming has become such a problem that even the oil companies themselves have had to reign in the White House's deranged climate change denial.

Russians hacked the election and Republicans are the reason why.

But hey, at least we didn't elect a president who had her own private email server. That was the real issue in this campaign.
Greyparrot
Posts: 21,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 4:05:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/5/2017 3:47:22 AM, YYW wrote:

http://www.youtube.com...

The Supreme Court is losing legitimacy by the day. We inch closer towards war with North Korea. Today, Bashir Al Assad killed scores of innocent civilians and children in particular.

Vladimir Putin continues to test the United States' resolve and edges closer towards war with NATO. Gay rights are being rolled back by executive orders.

A wall may be built that will steal tens of thousands of acres of private land from people from Texas to California under the auspices of eminent domain.

Our prisons run over with drug offenders and none of them get rehabilitation in any form. The prisons are ran by for-profit companies that donate unlimited amounts of money because of Citizens United, along with the Defense industry.

Cable TV and Internet Service Providers have killed online privacy and will kill net neutrality in all forms before the end of the year.

Republicans may well ruin health care for all Americans with their idiotic proposals.

Global warming has become such a problem that even the oil companies themselves have had to reign in the White House's deranged climate change denial.

Russians hacked the election and Republicans are the reason why.

But hey, at least we didn't elect a president who had her own private email server. That was the real issue in this campaign.

Norway isn't listening to your complaints.
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
Objectivity
Posts: 1,856
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 6:04:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/5/2017 3:47:22 AM, YYW wrote:

http://www.youtube.com...

The Supreme Court is losing legitimacy by the day.

-assuming it didn't lose legitimacy decades ago

We inch closer towards war with North Korea.

This is the type of escalation we have seen with new presidents for the past two decades, the doomsaying is unconvincing. How have things escalated more relative to this admin than before?

Today, Bashir Al Assad killed scores of innocent civilians and children in particular.

Unfortunate but nothing new

Vladimir Putin continues to test the United States' resolve and edges closer towards war with NATO.

Where has he done that recently in a way that is more extreme than before?

Gay rights are being rolled back by executive orders.

If you're talking about the EO discussed earlier, I think it was pretty well established that that wasn't the case.

A wall may be built that will steal tens of thousands of acres of private land from people from Texas to California under the auspices of eminent domain.

lol, of course when Obama put 550 million acres of land under protection by the federal government you didn't utter a peep. You have your reasons for not doing that, and we understand them.

Our prisons run over with drug offenders and none of them get rehabilitation in any form. The prisons are ran by for-profit companies that donate unlimited amounts of money because of Citizens United, along with the Defense industry.

I think we agree here and its unfortunate. Private prisons should be banned.

Cable TV and Internet Service Providers have killed online privacy and will kill net neutrality in all forms before the end of the year.

An exaggeration for the first part, not really a bad thing for the second one.

Republicans may well ruin health care for all Americans with their idiotic proposals.

Because our current system is so great

Global warming has become such a problem that even the oil companies themselves have had to reign in the White House's deranged climate change denial.

The earth has only started to warm up since January 20th, 2017, we know this is true because Trump is the one true evil, I am just waiting for him to take off that giant wig of his that I am sure is hiding his devil horns.

Russians hacked the election and Republicans are the reason why.

Exposing truthful information is not "hacking the election" and they did it to pursue their own interests, not because of Republicans.

But hey, at least we didn't elect a president who had her own private email server. That was the real issue in this campaign.

http://www.youtube.com...
Quadrunner
Posts: 5,509
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 6:45:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/5/2017 3:47:22 AM, YYW wrote:

http://www.youtube.com...

The Supreme Court is losing legitimacy by the day. We inch closer towards war with North Korea. Today, Bashir Al Assad killed scores of innocent civilians and children in particular.

Vladimir Putin continues to test the United States' resolve and edges closer towards war with NATO. Gay rights are being rolled back by executive orders.

A wall may be built that will steal tens of thousands of acres of private land from people from Texas to California under the auspices of eminent domain.

Our prisons run over with drug offenders and none of them get rehabilitation in any form. The prisons are ran by for-profit companies that donate unlimited amounts of money because of Citizens United, along with the Defense industry.

Cable TV and Internet Service Providers have killed online privacy and will kill net neutrality in all forms before the end of the year.

Republicans may well ruin health care for all Americans with their idiotic proposals.

Global warming has become such a problem that even the oil companies themselves have had to reign in the White House's deranged climate change denial.

Russians hacked the election and Republicans are the reason why.

But hey, at least we didn't elect a president who had her own private email server. That was the real issue in this campaign.

Is there any possible way to get out of the border wall?
Romanii
Posts: 5,384
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 8:05:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/5/2017 3:47:22 AM, YYW wrote:
The Supreme Court is losing legitimacy by the day. We inch closer towards war with North Korea. Today, Bashir Al Assad killed scores of innocent civilians and children in particular.

This has nothing to do with the main point of your thread, but...

What do you think US foreign policy towards North Korea & Kim Jong-Un should be?

What do you think US foreign policy towards Syria & Bashir Al Assad should be?
Devilry
Posts: 5,099
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 8:32:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/5/2017 6:04:24 PM, Objectivity wrote:
http://www.youtube.com...

F*cking lol.
: : : At 11/15/2016 6:22:17 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
: That's not racism. Thats economics.
YYW
Posts: 44,679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 9:25:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/5/2017 6:45:31 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

Is there any possible way to get out of the border wall?

I honestly don't think it's going to happen. It's going to be too controversial, too useless, and too expensive. That like the rest of Trump's lies are going to fall by the wayside.
YYW
Posts: 44,679
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 9:27:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/5/2017 8:05:55 PM, Romanii wrote:
At 4/5/2017 3:47:22 AM, YYW wrote:
The Supreme Court is losing legitimacy by the day. We inch closer towards war with North Korea. Today, Bashir Al Assad killed scores of innocent civilians and children in particular.

This has nothing to do with the main point of your thread, but...

What do you think US foreign policy towards North Korea & Kim Jong-Un should be?

Actually, I think Rex Tillerson is moving in the right direction on that one.

What do you think US foreign policy towards Syria & Bashir Al Assad should be?

The policy should be to impose incredible sanctions on Russia until they intervene in Syria.
Greyparrot
Posts: 21,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 9:33:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/5/2017 8:32:21 PM, Devilry wrote:
At 4/5/2017 6:04:24 PM, Objectivity wrote:
http://www.youtube.com...

F*cking lol.

+1
The extinction of the species is worse than the extinction of the nation, which is worse than the extinction of the tribe, which is worse than the extinction of the family, which is worse than the extinction of the individual. The second he reverses that list of priorities, he becomes a coward, and would be summarily disposed of by any civilized society that values its own survival.
VolconvoYarn
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2017 9:50:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/5/2017 3:47:22 AM, YYW wrote:

http://www.youtube.com...

The Supreme Court is losing legitimacy by the day.:

The constitution is too short and vague to have an exact indisputable meaning. This has always been true, it makes its meandering verdicts rather arbitrary. We've made out alright anyway.

We inch closer towards war with North Korea. :

We should have gone to war with North Korea a long time ago. Climate modeling states even a small nuclear exchange could kill a billion people through a nuclear winter. If we tolerate nuclear proliferation, outcomes of that nature are inevitable.

Today, Bashir Al Assad killed scores of innocent civilians and children in particular. :

The war needs to end. There are no good guys in the war. Better him than ISIS or the Al Qaeda affiliates.

Vladimir Putin continues to test the United States' resolve and edges closer towards war with NATO.:

I doubt he will directly attack NATO. I agree that he is seeing what he can get away with and that Trump's victory tells him that crime pays.

Gay rights are being rolled back by executive orders. :

That is bad and it is true.

A wall may be built that will steal tens of thousands of acres of private land from people from Texas to California under the auspices of eminent domain. :

I doubt it. Firstly, a long wall would be difficult to fund. The rumblings from the DC have been to fund only a short wall. Secondly, many would sell their land willingly. Hence, the figure of tens of thousands seems highly speculative. A token wall with mostly voluntary sales seems likely.

Our prisons run over with drug offenders and none of them get rehabilitation in any form.:

None is an exaggeration. The spirit of your point is true.

The prisons are ran by for-profit companies that donate unlimited amounts of money because of Citizens United, along with the Defense industry.:

Corruption preceded Citizens United, but basically yes.

Cable TV and Internet Service Providers have killed online privacy and will kill net neutrality in all forms before the end of the year.:

Likely true. I suspect net neutrality won't be the end of the world because customers would revolt if it meant throttling down sites.

Republicans may well ruin health care for all Americans with their idiotic proposals. :

Maybe. My guess is a lot of people will lose health care because of loss of subsidies, but whether they will ruin health care for all Americans is speculative. If their failed bill had passed, it would depended on whether the surcharge for people whose health care had lapsed was as effective as the mandate at ensuring people remain covered continuously.

Global warming has become such a problem that even the oil companies themselves have had to reign in the White House's deranged climate change denial. :

It entails maybe a 2% increase in global emissions.
http://jamaica-gleaner.com...

Russians hacked the election and Republicans are the reason why.:

Speculative.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.