Total Posts:170|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

how does science think life started on Earth?

bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 12:02:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??
Science doesn't think, it's much like you in that regard. LOL
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 12:21:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

There is no question about it, let alone having to question with two question marks.
Or perhaps you may be going through a period of questioning your faith which, after all, is understandable since religious faith is very questionable in the first place. And even more questionable since there are no answers.
Axonly
Posts: 2,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 12:27:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 12:02:54 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??
Science doesn't think, it's much like you in that regard. LOL

Literally all he has done is asked what the current theory of lifes origin is, and you respond by calling him dumb? This is immoral, Bul.
"Hate begets hate"
Goldtop
Posts: 6,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 2:03:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

Science is not a discipline that tries to prove things right, science tries to find the best explanations on how the world around us works based on what the world around us demonstrates to them.

Here's some explanations of that explanation:

http://www.talkorigins.org...
Skepticalone
Posts: 8,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 2:08:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

Abiogenesis is the best explanation scientifically. All scientific conclusions are provisional and subject to change given new evidence. So, 'proof'? No. Evidence? yes.
Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects.
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 2:09:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 12:27:30 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 4/15/2017 12:02:54 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??
Science doesn't think, it's much like you in that regard. LOL

Literally all he has done is asked what the current theory of lifes origin is, and you respond by calling him dumb? This is immoral, Bul.
No! He actually thinks that science exists as an entity, just read his drivel.
He knows nothing about science and that is why he believes it a religion because he is incapable of understanding life without a religion that tells him what to do.
Archaholic
Posts: 1,875
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 2:25:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Not proven so far. Science has just some far-fetched theories like abiogenesis and others a little more unbelievable.

Don't let scientists mislead you, they're as humans as we are.

BR
Axonly
Posts: 2,621
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 2:36:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 2:09:58 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/15/2017 12:27:30 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 4/15/2017 12:02:54 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??
Science doesn't think, it's much like you in that regard. LOL

Literally all he has done is asked what the current theory of lifes origin is, and you respond by calling him dumb? This is immoral, Bul.
No! He actually thinks that science exists as an entity, just read his drivel.
He knows nothing about science and that is why he believes it a religion because he is incapable of understanding life without a religion that tells him what to do.

Interesting way of justifying treating him like sh1t.
"Hate begets hate"
missmedic
Posts: 764
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 2:37:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

The scientific method doesn"t provide explanations or answers from a position of ignorance, but investigates the unknown in an attempt to reach understanding based on empirical evidence. Surely it is the superstitious or religious approach which claims to know the answers without any evidence except "faith" that is the arrogant approach.
Goldtop
Posts: 6,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 2:45:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 2:25:08 PM, Archaholic wrote:
Not proven so far. Science has just some far-fetched theories like abiogenesis and others a little more unbelievable.

From which position and perspective are you making that claim? Why are the theories far-fetched and unbelievable?

Don't let scientists mislead you, they're as humans as we are.

Are you saying that you're misleading us?

BR
Archaholic
Posts: 1,875
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 2:51:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 2:45:48 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 4/15/2017 2:25:08 PM, Archaholic wrote:
Not proven so far. Science has just some far-fetched theories like abiogenesis and others a little more unbelievable.

From which position and perspective are you making that claim? Why are the theories far-fetched and unbelievable?
From my intelectual standpoint. Abiogenesis is bullcrap, and I don't need to demonstrate it to someone who will not be capable to understand it.

Don't let scientists mislead you, they're as humans as we are.

Are you saying that you're misleading us?
No. I'm saying that we have to take with a grain of salt what scientists claim.
Goldtop
Posts: 6,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 2:58:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 2:51:38 PM, Archaholic wrote:
At 4/15/2017 2:45:48 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 4/15/2017 2:25:08 PM, Archaholic wrote:
Not proven so far. Science has just some far-fetched theories like abiogenesis and others a little more unbelievable.

From which position and perspective are you making that claim? Why are the theories far-fetched and unbelievable?
From my intelectual standpoint. Abiogenesis is bullcrap, and I don't need to demonstrate it to someone who will not be capable to understand it.

That looks like an assertion and a dodge, certainly not intellectual.

Don't let scientists mislead you, they're as humans as we are.

Are you saying that you're misleading us?
No. I'm saying that we have to take with a grain of salt what scientists claim.

Why? Science has provided us a great deal of things that work.
PureX
Posts: 4,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 3:40:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Science doesn't "think" anything. It's a method for investigating possibilities.
graceofgod
Posts: 10,088
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 4:20:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 2:37:50 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

The scientific method doesn"t provide explanations or answers from a position of ignorance, but investigates the unknown in an attempt to reach understanding based on empirical evidence. Surely it is the superstitious or religious approach which claims to know the answers without any evidence except "faith" that is the arrogant approach.

nice trip round the garden but no answer to the question... or are you still waiting for the facts,,,,lol
graceofgod
Posts: 10,088
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 4:21:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 2:08:26 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

Abiogenesis is the best explanation scientifically. All scientific conclusions are provisional and subject to change given new evidence. So, 'proof'? No. Evidence? yes.

the best explanation, not proven and what evidence do you have of it's validity ??
graceofgod
Posts: 10,088
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 4:23:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 2:03:49 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

Science is not a discipline that tries to prove things right, science tries to find the best explanations on how the world around us works based on what the world around us demonstrates to them.

Here's some explanations of that explanation:

http://www.talkorigins.org...

and is still man's best guess, likely to change so not fact and has to accepted as you cannot test it for yourself, sounds like you have to accept science on faith...
graceofgod
Posts: 10,088
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 4:28:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 12:21:32 PM, Willows wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

There is no question about it, let alone having to question with two question marks.
Or perhaps you may be going through a period of questioning your faith which, after all, is understandable since religious faith is very questionable in the first place. And even more questionable since there are no answers.

no answer then.. lol
rnjs
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 4:54:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 2:37:50 PM, missmedic wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

The scientific method doesn"t provide explanations or answers from a position of ignorance, but investigates the unknown in an attempt to reach understanding based on empirical evidence. Surely it is the superstitious or religious approach which claims to know the answers without any evidence except "faith" that is the arrogant approach.

Creationists form their theories and predictions using the scientific method, just as secular science does, they just come to different conclusions based, in part, upon their presuppositions and bias the same as secular scientists.
Many say that scientists can't prove anything but, they sure give the impression that many of their conclusions are factual.
Skepticalone
Posts: 8,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 5:13:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 4:21:39 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 2:08:26 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

Abiogenesis is the best explanation scientifically. All scientific conclusions are provisional and subject to change given new evidence. So, 'proof'? No. Evidence? yes.

the best explanation, not proven and what evidence do you have of it's validity ??

There have been a number of experiments which support it. Here is some information for you or anyone interested.

https://www.britannica.com...
Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects.
Goldtop
Posts: 6,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 5:14:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 4:23:14 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 2:03:49 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

Science is not a discipline that tries to prove things right, science tries to find the best explanations on how the world around us works based on what the world around us demonstrates to them.

Here's some explanations of that explanation:

http://www.talkorigins.org...

and is still man's best guess, likely to change so not fact and has to accepted as you cannot test it for yourself, sounds like you have to accept science on faith...

Not really, I accept science based on facts and evidence, relgion is based on faith.

Have you tested Creationism? What were your results? Did religion provide the computer and internet connection for you or was it a best guess from science?
graceofgod
Posts: 10,088
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 5:40:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 5:14:51 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 4/15/2017 4:23:14 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 2:03:49 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

Science is not a discipline that tries to prove things right, science tries to find the best explanations on how the world around us works based on what the world around us demonstrates to them.

Here's some explanations of that explanation:

http://www.talkorigins.org...

and is still man's best guess, likely to change so not fact and has to accepted as you cannot test it for yourself, sounds like you have to accept science on faith...

Not really, I accept science based on facts and evidence, relgion is based on faith.
no you accept science based on facts and evidence given by others and you cannot test them...
Have you tested Creationism? What were your results? Did religion provide the computer and internet connection for you or was it a best guess from science?
yes i have tested the bible many times, it comes up right every time...
graceofgod
Posts: 10,088
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 5:41:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 5:13:16 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/15/2017 4:21:39 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 2:08:26 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

Abiogenesis is the best explanation scientifically. All scientific conclusions are provisional and subject to change given new evidence. So, 'proof'? No. Evidence? yes.

the best explanation, not proven and what evidence do you have of it's validity ??

There have been a number of experiments which support it. Here is some information for you or anyone interested.

https://www.britannica.com...

how many experiments have you done personally???
Skepticalone
Posts: 8,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 5:58:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 5:41:47 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 5:13:16 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/15/2017 4:21:39 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 2:08:26 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

Abiogenesis is the best explanation scientifically. All scientific conclusions are provisional and subject to change given new evidence. So, 'proof'? No. Evidence? yes.

the best explanation, not proven and what evidence do you have of it's validity ??

There have been a number of experiments which support it. Here is some information for you or anyone interested.

https://www.britannica.com...

how many experiments have you done personally???

How many global floods have you witnessed? How many humans have you seen created from dirt or ribs?

I think we're done here. ;-)
Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects.
graceofgod
Posts: 10,088
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 6:01:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 5:58:35 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/15/2017 5:41:47 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 5:13:16 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/15/2017 4:21:39 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 2:08:26 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

Abiogenesis is the best explanation scientifically. All scientific conclusions are provisional and subject to change given new evidence. So, 'proof'? No. Evidence? yes.

the best explanation, not proven and what evidence do you have of it's validity ??

There have been a number of experiments which support it. Here is some information for you or anyone interested.

https://www.britannica.com...

how many experiments have you done personally???

How many global floods have you witnessed? How many humans have you seen created from dirt or ribs?

I think we're done here. ;-)

lol you have probably realised you have no argument, you have now realised you have chosen to accept science by faith, without any way to test it ...welcome to the real world ..lol
Goldtop
Posts: 6,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 6:02:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 5:40:22 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 5:14:51 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 4/15/2017 4:23:14 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 2:03:49 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

Science is not a discipline that tries to prove things right, science tries to find the best explanations on how the world around us works based on what the world around us demonstrates to them.

Here's some explanations of that explanation:

http://www.talkorigins.org...

and is still man's best guess, likely to change so not fact and has to accepted as you cannot test it for yourself, sounds like you have to accept science on faith...

Not really, I accept science based on facts and evidence, relgion is based on faith.
no you accept science based on facts and evidence given by others and you cannot test them...
Have you tested Creationism? What were your results? Did religion provide the computer and internet connection for you or was it a best guess from science?
yes i have tested the bible many times, it comes up right every time...

I didn't ask that question, I asked if you personally have tested Creationism? Did you create a man from dust and a woman from a man's rib?
graceofgod
Posts: 10,088
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 6:06:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 6:02:42 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 4/15/2017 5:40:22 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 5:14:51 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 4/15/2017 4:23:14 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 2:03:49 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

Science is not a discipline that tries to prove things right, science tries to find the best explanations on how the world around us works based on what the world around us demonstrates to them.

Here's some explanations of that explanation:

http://www.talkorigins.org...

and is still man's best guess, likely to change so not fact and has to accepted as you cannot test it for yourself, sounds like you have to accept science on faith...

Not really, I accept science based on facts and evidence, relgion is based on faith.
no you accept science based on facts and evidence given by others and you cannot test them...
Have you tested Creationism? What were your results? Did religion provide the computer and internet connection for you or was it a best guess from science?
yes i have tested the bible many times, it comes up right every time...

I didn't ask that question, I asked if you personally have tested Creationism? Did you create a man from dust and a woman from a man's rib?

I cannot create life i am not God...

have you created any life, have you done any scientific experiment to prove life can be created...

you accept on faith what some people tell you yet the argument you use against believing in God is lack of real evidence, your stance is hypocritical in the extreme...
Goldtop
Posts: 6,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 6:15:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 6:06:47 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 6:02:42 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 4/15/2017 5:40:22 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 5:14:51 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 4/15/2017 4:23:14 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 2:03:49 PM, Goldtop wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

Science is not a discipline that tries to prove things right, science tries to find the best explanations on how the world around us works based on what the world around us demonstrates to them.

Here's some explanations of that explanation:

http://www.talkorigins.org...

and is still man's best guess, likely to change so not fact and has to accepted as you cannot test it for yourself, sounds like you have to accept science on faith...

Not really, I accept science based on facts and evidence, relgion is based on faith.
no you accept science based on facts and evidence given by others and you cannot test them...
Have you tested Creationism? What were your results? Did religion provide the computer and internet connection for you or was it a best guess from science?
yes i have tested the bible many times, it comes up right every time...

I didn't ask that question, I asked if you personally have tested Creationism? Did you create a man from dust and a woman from a man's rib?

I cannot create life ...

Then, you have no argument, you're just being a hypocrite. Thanks.
Skepticalone
Posts: 8,337
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 6:18:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 6:01:21 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 5:58:35 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/15/2017 5:41:47 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 5:13:16 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/15/2017 4:21:39 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 2:08:26 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

Abiogenesis is the best explanation scientifically. All scientific conclusions are provisional and subject to change given new evidence. So, 'proof'? No. Evidence? yes.

the best explanation, not proven and what evidence do you have of it's validity ??

There have been a number of experiments which support it. Here is some information for you or anyone interested.

https://www.britannica.com...

how many experiments have you done personally???

How many global floods have you witnessed? How many humans have you seen created from dirt or ribs?

I think we're done here. ;-)

lol you have probably realised you have no argument, you have now realised you have chosen to accept science by faith, without any way to test it ...welcome to the real world ..lol

Your inability to meet your own standard nullifies your argument.
Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects.
rnjs
Posts: 777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 6:19:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/15/2017 5:13:16 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/15/2017 4:21:39 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 4/15/2017 2:08:26 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:59:24 AM, graceofgod wrote:
has it been proven right??

Abiogenesis is the best explanation scientifically. All scientific conclusions are provisional and subject to change given new evidence. So, 'proof'? No. Evidence? yes.

the best explanation, not proven and what evidence do you have of it's validity ??

There have been a number of experiments which support it. Here is some information for you or anyone interested.

https://www.britannica.com...

All experiments conducted by man use pre existing materials so do not support the idea that life came from nothing.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.