Spiritual insight

janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 8:58:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
What is spiritual insight?

I think it is the intuition given to us by the Holy Spirit. It can also be in the form of gnosis( direct spiritual knowledge ) given to us by God or its active life force, the Holy Spirit or prana.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 9:06:06 PM
At 4/15/2017 8:58:46 PM, janesix wrote:

I think it is the intuition given to us by the Holy Spirit. It can also be in the form of gnosis( direct spiritual knowledge ) given to us by God or its active life force, the Holy Spirit or prana.

There is no such thing as spiritual insight.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. - Bertrand Russell
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 9:09:02 PM
At 4/15/2017 9:06:06 PM, Accipiter wrote:

Obviously you have never experienced it. Many people have.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 9:13:29 PM
At 4/15/2017 9:09:02 PM, janesix wrote:

No, they believe they have, but they haven't.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 9:16:11 PM
At 4/15/2017 9:13:29 PM, Accipiter wrote:

And how do you know that?
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 9:22:56 PM

What is this "insight"? Can you give an example? Can you state how you know it's not an idea you just came up with all on your own?
Ethang5: Children cannot be morons.
Skeptical1: The only thing you have demonstrated is they don't have a monopoly on it.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 9:33:29 PM
At 4/15/2017 9:22:56 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:

What is this "insight"? Can you give an example? Can you state how you know it's not an idea you just came up with all on your own?

An example is synchronicity. One recent one I had is in one day, I watched a video on how pendulums are affected by solar eclipses. Then I read the same thing in a book. These were two different mediums on totally different subjects. It also comes with a spiritual feeling when these things happen. A lot of time I also see in my minds eye a bluish purple light going up the middle of my body. There is also a smell associated with these experiences.
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 10:35:24 PM
At 4/15/2017 9:33:29 PM, janesix wrote:

An example is synchronicity. One recent one I had is in one day, I watched a video on how pendulums are affected by solar eclipses. Then I read the same thing in a book. These were two different mediums on totally different subjects. It also comes with a spiritual feeling when these things happen. A lot of time I also see in my minds eye a bluish purple light going up the middle of my body. There is also a smell associated with these experiences.

Well, "synchronicity" I think is actually just chance, as for the rest I don't know what to make of it. Thanks for elaborating.
Skeptical1: The only thing you have demonstrated is they don't have a monopoly on it.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 10:41:47 PM
At 4/15/2017 10:35:24 PM, Skeptical1 wrote:
At 4/15/2017 9:33:29 PM, janesix wrote:

Well, "synchronicity" I think is actually just chance, as for the rest I don't know what to make of it. Thanks for elaborating.

I used to think it was chance, until it started happening several times a day, every day.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 10:45:20 PM

I think it is the intuition given to us by the Holy Spirit.

I would tend to avoid using that kind of religious language, but I don't object to the idea. I would probably label it something more like, "metaphysical intuition".

We humans are not just physical systems, we are also metaphysical entities in that we are conscious and self/other-aware. (Some more and some less so, obviously.) The term 'spirit' most often seems to refer to this metaphysical entity.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 10:54:14 PM
At 4/15/2017 10:45:20 PM, PureX wrote:

I would tend to avoid using that kind of religious language, but I don't object to the idea. I would probably label it something more like, "metaphysical intuition".
That's a good label too. But most people will know what I'm talking about when i say Holy Ghost or spirit.

We humans are not just physical systems, we are also metaphysical entities in that we are conscious and self/other-aware. (Some more and some less so, obviously.) The term 'spirit' most often seems to refer to this metaphysical entity.

For some reason I thought you were an atheist. Are you?
Skeptical1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 11:03:26 PM

Inventing things that don't exist doesn't make one any more aware of themselves, others, or the real world. Just check out your nearest MBS festival.
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 11:17:01 PM
At 4/15/2017 10:54:14 PM, janesix wrote:

That's a good label too. But most people will know what I'm talking about when i say Holy Ghost or spirit.

No, I'm an agnostic deist/theist.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 11:18:55 PM
At 4/15/2017 11:17:01 PM, PureX wrote:

How can you be both?
PureX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 11:26:26 PM
At 4/15/2017 11:18:55 PM, janesix wrote:

How can you be both?

I am agnostic in that I do not possess the knowledge necessary to determine the nature or existence of "God". However, I can choose to believe that a god of my own understanding exists, based on value, and on faith, rather then on knowledge. Agnosticism is about the lack of knowledge. My beliefs, however, are a matter of choice, and of faith, and they are valid so long as I am not deliberately ignoring or denying valid evidence to the contrary.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 11:26:43 PM

No, don't use those labels because they are Christian concepts and Christianity is uniquely the only religion in the world that worships a crucified Jewish corpse nailed to a wooden cross. They believe all sins are forgivable except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit which gets you eternal damnation.
They also believe dead Jews can forgive sins because Jesus a Jew died for their sins.

Not really. I am the most spiritual member on DDO and I am very much a physical entity. People who kiss my enlightened feet often comment on its beautiful physical appearance even though it is meant to be a metaphysical tool to nudge their Karma in the right direction.

No, PureX is a maschoist. Look at his profile and you will see how he tortures himself with those sharp objects wrapped around his fingers and hand. He is what we call a masterbaiter.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 11:29:39 PM
At 4/15/2017 11:26:26 PM, PureX wrote:
At 4/15/2017 11:18:55 PM, janesix wrote:

How can you be both?

I am agnostic in that I do not possess the knowledge necessary to determine the nature or existence of "God". However, I can choose to believe that a god of my own understanding exists, based on value, and on faith, rather then on knowledge. Agnosticism is about the lack of knowledge. My beliefs, however, are a matter of choice, and of faith, and they are valid so long as I am not deliberately ignoring or denying valid evidence to the contrary.

Can you describe the God of your understanding, or belief?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2017 11:36:30 PM
At 4/15/2017 11:26:43 PM, Harikrish wrote:

No, don't use those labels because they are Christian concepts and Christianity is uniquely the only religion in the world that worships a crucified Jewish corpse nailed to a wooden cross. They believe all sins are forgivable except blasphemy against the Holy Spirit which gets you eternal damnation.
They also believe dead Jews can forgive sins because Jesus a Jew died for their sins.

What about the term prana? Or how about Shakti? Or is prana the energy of Shakti? What do you think?

Not really. I am the most spiritual member on DDO and I am very much a physical entity. People who kiss my enlightened feet often comment on its beautiful physical appearance even though it is meant to be a metaphysical tool to nudge their Karma in the right direction.

No, PureX is a maschoist. Look at his profile and you will see how he tortures himself with those sharp objects wrapped around his fingers and hand. He is what we call a masterbaiter.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2017 12:12:32 AM
At 4/15/2017 9:16:11 PM, janesix wrote:

How do you define spiritual?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2017 12:15:38 AM
At 4/16/2017 12:12:32 AM, Accipiter wrote:

Anything that is of God or its aspects.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2017 12:51:57 AM
At 4/16/2017 12:15:38 AM, janesix wrote:

Just because the word god is in the dictionary does not mean that it exists.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2017 1:03:28 AM
At 4/16/2017 12:51:57 AM, Accipiter wrote:

I don't believe in God because its a word in the dictionary. I believe in God because I've met him, and all of the evidence of design that backs up personal experience.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2017 1:18:09 AM

For me spiritual insight is my experiences. Without them, i would probably be an agnostic atheist. However, every time i have chosen to stop believing, somehow some kind of profound experience happens to push me back towards spirituality. This is interesting bc many people ask for this and never get it. I don't want it, but i get it. To be honest, i would rather not believe bc of my mind. But bc i believe, it takes up a lot of my concentration trying to define what i believe.

What i believe is important. I have to define it. I don't like believing in something that is impossible. However, the way i have defined my belief is on line with logic. It is the most logical explanation to how my belief defines my experiences. In this, i have found certain answers and scenarios that are most logical answer "if" i am right.

It all revolves around a simple premise and conclusion. I am an immortal consciousness manifested into a mortal body to have a human experience. My immortal self is my god, my holy spirit, my everything. There is no one else controlling my destiny or fate other than me.

Along these lines i have defined every question and answer - i have found it is rock solid at this point until i feel it isn't. The thing is, my experiencing is finished. If i am right there are certain things that must happen in the future. These predictions are important to holding my belief in place. Certain things that were suppose to keep happening have happened, and futher things i have to just wait and see. I have been right in my predictions so far... we / i will see if i am right in the future. If not, i will become an agnostic atheist most likely.
"For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity." --- Jean Dubuffet
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2017 1:23:41 AM
At 4/16/2017 1:18:09 AM, Outplayz wrote:

For me spiritual insight is my experiences. Without them, i would probably be an agnostic atheist. However, every time i have chosen to stop believing, somehow some kind of profound experience happens to push me back towards spirituality. This is interesting bc many people ask for this and never get it. I don't want it, but i get it. To be honest, i would rather not believe bc of my mind. But bc i believe, it takes up a lot of my concentration trying to define what i believe.

There are certain aspects of spirituality I didn't ask for and don't want. Some people spend decades of their lives trying to raise their kundalini and open their chakras. I've gotten these things and don't want them. Go figure.

What i believe is important. I have to define it. I don't like believing in something that is impossible. However, the way i have defined my belief is on line with logic. It is the most logical explanation to how my belief defines my experiences. In this, i have found certain answers and scenarios that are most logical answer "if" i am right.

It all revolves around a simple premise and conclusion. I am an immortal consciousness manifested into a mortal body to have a human experience. My immortal self is my god, my holy spirit, my everything. There is no one else controlling my destiny or fate other than me.

Along these lines i have defined every question and answer - i have found it is rock solid at this point until i feel it isn't. The thing is, my experiencing is finished. If i am right there are certain things that must happen in the future. These predictions are important to holding my belief in place. Certain things that were suppose to keep happening have happened, and futher things i have to just wait and see. I have been right in my predictions so far... we / i will see if i am right in the future. If not, i will become an agnostic atheist most likely.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2017 1:43:45 AM
At 4/16/2017 1:23:41 AM, janesix wrote:

There are certain aspects of spirituality I didn't ask for and don't want. Some people spend decades of their lives trying to raise their kundalini and open their chakras. I've gotten these things and don't want them. Go figure.

It's what they teach you or learn from them that matters. For me, it was precognition that sucks. I get this in regards to tragic events. Not to good, not to just whatever, tragedy. It has been on point so far bc i have to factor in things like confirmation bias and it goes beyond just coincidence. It sucks bc i can't do anything about, i just know. However, i have learned now that it better prepares me for these events. So i look at it more positively in that light. I take strength from it which infects those less in control in these type of moments. In my opinion, everything spiritual you experience is from "your" higher self. It is essentially something you have done to yourself. It is important to try and figure out why you would do this to yourself. Finding that answer is sobering.
"For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity." --- Jean Dubuffet
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2017 1:52:59 AM
At 4/16/2017 1:43:45 AM, Outplayz wrote:

It's what they teach you or learn from them that matters. For me, it was precognition that sucks. I get this in regards to tragic events. Not to good, not to just whatever, tragedy. It has been on point so far bc i have to factor in things like confirmation bias and it goes beyond just coincidence. It sucks bc i can't do anything about, i just know. However, i have learned now that it better prepares me for these events. So i look at it more positively in that light. I take strength from it which infects those less in control in these type of moments. In my opinion, everything spiritual you experience is from "your" higher self. It is essentially something you have done to yourself. It is important to try and figure out why you would do this to yourself. Finding that answer is sobering.
I am certain we are here to learn and grow spiritually. I have to temind myself of this during the worst moments. I have already learned valuable lessons.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2017 1:57:43 AM
At 4/16/2017 1:52:59 AM, janesix wrote:
At 4/16/2017 1:43:45 AM, Outplayz wrote:

I am certain we are here to learn and grow spiritually. I have to temind myself of this during the worst moments. I have already learned valuable lessons.

Same. Most importantly, i am certain i am here for what this world allows. For instance, i know i am here for family. This is the only reality i can see those i love the way i do. One part of my existence is experiencing family. Others are the other things i love. It is important to realize this. I would go through every high and low moment again to have the moments i love. This to me is a "paradise" - a reality i choose to be in. This might not be the case for everyone, so it is good to understand what type of entity you are.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2017 1:58:16 AM
At 4/16/2017 1:03:28 AM, janesix wrote:

I don't believe in God because its a word in the dictionary. I believe in God because I've met him, and all of the evidence of design that backs up personal experience.

Oh, you have met god? Yeah, that doesn't sound crazy at all!
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2017 2:01:19 AM
At 4/16/2017 1:58:16 AM, Accipiter wrote:

Yes I've met God.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2017 2:11:51 AM
At 4/16/2017 2:01:19 AM, janesix wrote:
At 4/16/2017 1:58:16 AM, Accipiter wrote:

Yes I've met God.

Will you please tell me about it? Include every detail.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.