Total Posts:93|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Bible is 'Alternate Facts'.

Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2017 2:48:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Bible is 'Alternate Facts'..

The Jews are the only people who have been dislodged from their country twice in their history. The Jews were a tribal group surrounded by powerful neighbours like the Egyptians, Assyrians and Babylonians. There never made any contributions to math or science and most of their past were overshadowed by their more advanced neighbours. The Bible began as a book of the larger than life Patriarchs and the invention of the Jewish people in an attempt to reconstruct Jewish history with literary embellishment slanted towards success by inventing prophets and heroes where God rewarded the people when they obeyed his commandments and punished them when they failed. But history is not written in isolation and when the Jews tried to treat the bible as a historical record, contradictions began to expose their literary overreach. Circumcision can only take a people so far and covenants are no guarantee against reality nor can it compensate for the burden of memory carried by the Jews who wished they were better than their neighbours and invented a narrative that reflected their deepest desires.
Now that we know why the contradictions were necessary in the creation of the Jewish people we can try to piece together how these contradictions served their narrative.

"The Archaeological Evidence for the Bible is Non-Existent!"

"The Archaeological Evidence for the Bible is scarce. In fact, it is non-existent. After 200 years of Christian archaeologists digging up the whole Middle East, they haven"t found any proof of the Exodus of the Jews from Egypt, Hebrew Slaves or the Ten Plagues. NONE!!! And this from a nation of people who wrote EVERYTHING down in stone!! And Sinai has no proof of any large group of people travelling through it EVER!!! The first evidence correlating to the biblical story doesn"t appear in Canaan archaeology until around 100 years before the Babylonian Captivity (around 600 BC).

This lack of evidence includes persons such as David and Solomon who should be recorded in other nations and supposedly lived relatively close to those who wrote the Bible in the Babylonian Captivity around 500 B.C.

https://www.probe.org...

So why has the Bible a book of Alternat Facts fascinated the Western World and kept alive by 2 billion Christians when it was written to preserve the Jewish memory of their history reconstructed on Alternate Facts, especially when the Bible did not serve the Jews well? The bible concluded in the demise of the Jewish people, their messiah was crucified by the Romans, Jerusalem destroyed along with their temple followed by 2000 years of persecution and expulsions. It also left a sliver of hope that God would someday restore the Jewish nation to its everlasting glory. But how does that comport with the Christians who see their own salvation and future buried in the same Jewish narrative? ........Harikrish.
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2017 1:08:55 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Responded to a post from:
At 4/28/2017 11:59:24 PM, dee-em wrote:
Someone recently posted a topic suggesting that Christianity would die out in the near future. Whilst the reports of its demise may be a little premature, I make a lesser prediction. I think that the Old Testament will eventually be expunged from the Bible. It is well past its use-by-date. Really, it has no place in modern Christianity with its stern Jewish god Yahweh, obvious myths and outdated morality. Most Christians today worship Jesus anyway and follow his teachings. I would venture a guess that the majority of Christians, if they read their Bible at all, would only look at the New Testament. It is the same with preachers and their sermons. Who recites passages from the OT about stonings for adultery and not working on the Sabbath anymore?

The fact is that the OT belongs to Judaism. It is time to give it back to the rightful owners. The only reason that Constantine had it incorporated into the Bible is that it was referenced heavily in the gospels and it had some stuff about origins that seemed plausible at the time in contrast to the pagan gods. Now that the creation and flood myths etc. have been discredited, it should just be jettisoned.

Matthew added in prophecy fulfillments from the OT into his gospel (borrowing heavily from Mark) to legitimize Jesus as a Jewish messiah figure and make him acceptable to diaspora Jews as well as gentiles. Similarly, Paul drew from the Hebrew Bible when formulating the new Christian doctrines. It is understandable why this was done at the time. However, I suspect both men would have been horrified to know that the entire Tanakh would be co-opted into service as part of a complete Christian text.

At least one early Christian leader, Marcion of Sinope, rejected the Hebrew scriptures and had a gospel based entirely on modified NT writings (mainly Paul).

https://en.wikipedia.org...

Is it time for Christianity to return to its origins and undo the folly of the Council convened by Constantine? Is there already a current Christian denomination which excludes the Hebrew scriptures? It would not surprise me because, if Christianity has a future, I think it will need a divorce from its obsolete Judaic roots.

What do Christians think? Does the OT with its arcane Hebrew texts still serve a useful purpose in the Bible?

Christians have already moved away from the OT and follow Pauline Theology. Paul's influence on mainstrean Christianity remains strong because he is credited with writing 14 of the 27 books in be NT and they dominate Christian thought. Jesus on the other hand said he was sent only to save the Jews which make him mostly irrelevant in the mainly gentile world.
Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

Paul is known as the apostle of the Gentiles. What the Gentiles need besides dropping the OT is dropping the OT Jesus which would make the OT null and void. Because the OT validates a Jewish saviour who promised to sit on the throne of David and make it an everlasting kingdom. That hope and promise still lives in the OT and in Jewish minds.

Fortunately the move to drop Jesus has already begun in Christian circles starting with the Pope. The Pope declared to Christians, at times they feel their efforts lost and wasted , it is because they are following Jesus who was a failure of the cross.

"And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and produce no fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus" and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross."

But the hard part is replacing Jesus with someone who can also offer forgiveness and salvation and eternal life who is not a Jew. Because God said only dead Jews could offer forgiveness and sacrificed Jesus a Jew as an example. Even Hitler believed that dead Jews forgave sins. Think how relieved the Jews would be if Christians stopped believing the OT and created their own messiah and stopped sacrificing Jews for their sins....Harikrish.
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2017 2:19:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
From another archeologist Israel Finkelstein.

Exodus never happened and the walls of Jericho did not come a-tumbling down. How archaeologists are shaking Israel to its biblical foundations.

Israel Finkelstein, chairman of the Archaeology Department at Tel Aviv University, with archaeology historian Neil Asher Silberman, has just published a book called "The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology's New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of Its Sacred Text."

"The Israelites were never in Egypt, did not wander in the desert, did not conquer the land [of Canaan] in a military campaign and did not pass it on to the twelve tribes of Israel. Perhaps even harder to swallow is the fact that the united kingdom of David and Solomon, described in the Bible as a regional power, was at most a small tribal kingdom."

Jerusalem was essentially a cow town, not the glorious capital of an empire. These findings have been accepted by the majority of biblical scholars and archaeologists for years and even decades.

The tales of the patriarchs -- Abraham, Isaac and Joseph among others -- were the first to go when biblical scholars found those passages rife with anachronisms and other inconsistencies. The story of Exodus, one of the most powerful epics of enslavement, courage and liberation in human history, also slipped from history to legend when archaeologists could no longer ignore the lack of corroborating contemporary Egyptian accounts and the absence of evidence of large encampments in the Sinai Peninsula ("the wilderness" where Moses brought the Israelites after leading them through the parted Red Sea).

Finkelstein is an iconoclast. He established his reputation in part by developing a theory about the settlement patterns of the nomadic shepherd tribes who would eventually become the Israelites, bolstering the growing consensus that they were originally indistinguishable from the rest of their neighbors, the Canaanites. This overturns a key element in the Bible: The Old Testament depicts the Israelites as superior outsiders -- descended from Abraham, a Mesopotamian immigrant -- entitled by divine order to invade Canaan and exterminate its unworthy, idolatrous inhabitants.

The famous battle of Jericho, with which the Israelites supposedly launched this campaign of conquest after wandering for decades in the desert, has been likewise debunked: The city of Jericho didn't exist at that time and had no walls to come tumbling down. These assertions are all pretty much accepted by mainstream archaeologists.

Marcus says that Finkelstein is "difficult to dismiss because he's so much an insider in terms of his credentials and background. He's an archaeologist, not a theologian, and he is an Israeli. It's hard to say that someone who was born in Israel and intends to live the rest of his life there is anti-Israeli."
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2017 8:10:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If you want research done by biblical scholars you can try Bart Ehrman biblical historian.
Professor Ehrman has featured widely in television, radio, and print media, including The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, CNN, Discovery Channel, History Channel, National Geographic, BBC, Fresh Air, Talk of the Nation, The New Yorker, Time Magazine, Newsweek, the New York Times, and the Washington Post. He now lives in Durham NC with his wife Sarah (and dog Billy).

Researched historical records that proved the inaccuracy and unreliability of the bible as compiled in it current form. Shows how a carpenter's son was exalted to a God and Jesus's words were misquoted. The more Bart Ehrman researched the bible the less credible he found the bible to be which caused him to lose his faith. He is a distinguished professor of religious studies and best selling author of several books on textual criticism of the bible and historical development of Christian agenda and beliefs.

My own research can be found here.

Jesus was a liar and a lunatic.
http://www.debate.org...
Outplayz
Posts: 3,398
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2017 9:43:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/2/2017 8:10:07 PM, Harikrish wrote:
If you want research done by biblical scholars you can try Bart Ehrman biblical historian.
Professor Ehrman has featured widely in television, radio, and print media, including The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, CNN, Discovery Channel, History Channel, National Geographic, BBC, Fresh Air, Talk of the Nation, The New Yorker, Time Magazine, Newsweek, the New York Times, and the Washington Post. He now lives in Durham NC with his wife Sarah (and dog Billy).

Researched historical records that proved the inaccuracy and unreliability of the bible as compiled in it current form. Shows how a carpenter's son was exalted to a God and Jesus's words were misquoted. The more Bart Ehrman researched the bible the less credible he found the bible to be which caused him to lose his faith. He is a distinguished professor of religious studies and best selling author of several books on textual criticism of the bible and historical development of Christian agenda and beliefs.

My own research can be found here.

Jesus was a liar and a lunatic.
http://www.debate.org...

Christianity got lucky. It was adopted by one of the largest empires, Rome, and made famous through them. But, one thing you said was interesting to me, that the Jews were overshadowed by other empires around them at the time... that would explain coming up with a religion creatively to compete would make sense. And Jews being all in on the entertainment industry, would makes sense to do quite well with a made up universe.
"For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity." --- Jean Dubuffet
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2017 11:15:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/2/2017 9:43:32 PM, Outplayz wrote:
At 5/2/2017 8:10:07 PM, Harikrish wrote:
If you want research done by biblical scholars you can try Bart Ehrman biblical historian.
Professor Ehrman has featured widely in television, radio, and print media, including The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, CNN, Discovery Channel, History Channel, National Geographic, BBC, Fresh Air, Talk of the Nation, The New Yorker, Time Magazine, Newsweek, the New York Times, and the Washington Post. He now lives in Durham NC with his wife Sarah (and dog Billy).

Researched historical records that proved the inaccuracy and unreliability of the bible as compiled in it current form. Shows how a carpenter's son was exalted to a God and Jesus's words were misquoted. The more Bart Ehrman researched the bible the less credible he found the bible to be which caused him to lose his faith. He is a distinguished professor of religious studies and best selling author of several books on textual criticism of the bible and historical development of Christian agenda and beliefs.

My own research can be found here.

Jesus was a liar and a lunatic.
http://www.debate.org...

Christianity got lucky. It was adopted by one of the largest empires, Rome, and made famous through them. But, one thing you said was interesting to me, that the Jews were overshadowed by other empires around them at the time... that would explain coming up with a religion creatively to compete would make sense. And Jews being all in on the entertainment industry, would makes sense to do quite well with a made up universe.

Thank you for responding to my OP. If you look at the timeline of ancient civilizations you will see the Jews/Israel come after Mesopotamia(3,700BC), Egyptian (3,150BC),India (2,900BC), China (1,850BC) and Isreal (1,350BC). Their contribution to math and science/Astromony etc were non existent. So how were such a tribal backward group endowed with divine knowledge? We know for a fact it was the Magis of the east that saw the astrological signs of the birth of Christ. The Jews were totally ignorant of even their messiahs auspicious arrival.

The Jews have a lot to thank the Romans. After the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple they were no longer under the influence of their priests in their everyday lives and took to higher education which was what propelled the Jews to their modern day success. Look at were Rome is today after launching the most successful.empire and religious domination. They are bankrupt and resigned to austerity.
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2017 11:28:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/2/2017 1:35:50 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 5/2/2017 12:44:39 PM, Gentorev wrote:
Continued from post #30.

dee-em wrote.........You can't be born human if you are conceived by a union between a human and a god. That is what the text states.

Gentorev..........Not so my friend, the Bible states that Jesus was conceived by the union of Mary and Joseph the son of Heli. SEE Luke 3; 23.

No it most certainly does not. There is no mention of a union. That is fabrication on your part. Of course Jesus was accepted as the son of Joseph. That doesn't exclude the fact that the union was between Mary and the Holy Spirit.

Do you also believe that Isaac who, like the man Jesus, was born of God's promise, by the power of the Holy Spirit, was not the biological son of Abraham and his half sister Sarah?

Off-topic.

Matthew 1
25 But he did not consummate their marriage until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.


No sex with Joseph until after Jesus was born. Start reading what the text actually states.

SO SAYS THE BIBLICAL IGNORAMUS, DEE-EM.

No, so says your holy text as quoted. You're in denial.

Joseph the son of Jacob, and step father to Jesus, who was the first of Mary's sons, married Mary who was already pregnant to her half brother Joseph the son of Heli, and Joseph ben Jacob, who should not be confused with Joseph ben Heli, did not have sex with her until she had given birth to Jesus the biological son of Joseph ben Heli.

But he did later sire a son from Mary who was named after his father, Joseph the son of Jacob.

Once again you prove your total ignorance to the bible in believing that Joseph the son of Jacob, from the cursed line of Jehoiachin, a descendant of Solomon the son of David, was the same person as Joseph the son of Heli, a descendant of Nathan the step son of King David.

Non-scriptural commentary ignored.

Gings you are an ignorant kid, aren't you?

Address your holy text not what you invent out of thin air.

The two of you are basing your conclusions on how it happened as opposed to what was to happen that would confirm Jesus as Son of God/Messiah and even God.

1. Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

As Gentorev posted. Jesus was not a virgin birth, his father was Joseph son of Heli according to Luke 3:23: 23 Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry. He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph, the son of Heli, Jesus was not called Immanuel either. Strike one and two against Jesus.

2. Malachi 4:5 "See, I will send the prophet Elijah to you before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.

John was Jesus's cousin who recognized Jesus at his baptism. But John was not Elijah, the Elijah that was to come before the promised one. John both denied he was Elijah and even began to have doubts about Jesus. Strikes three and four against Jesus.

John 1:21 They asked him, "Then who are you? Are you Elijah?" He said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" He answered, "No."

Luke 7:19 he sent them to the Lord to ask, "Are you the one who is to come, or should we expect someone else?"

3. Before his resurrection there were doubts about Jesus. Even his disciples were not convinced. The Jews rejected Jesus, the Romans crucified him as a common criminal. Even the miracles he performed did not impress the Jews because when he reminded them of his miraculous works they brushed it aside. More strikes against Jesus's own ministry, he was failing.

John 10:33 "We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

4. Did his resurrection prove he was the son of God/Messiah or even God?
Jesus said he was given all authority over heaven and earth. So now we were going to see Jesus in full power all turbo charged !!!

Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

But Jesus hung around for 40 days careful to avoid being recognized by the Roman guards and appeared only to his disciples. Here was the most powerful being given all authority over heaven and earth and the man did not go back to those who mocked, beat and ridicule him to prove they were wrong. Instead he transported into the clouds.

Jesus knew what was to happen to the very people he was sent to save, he had quoted the prophesies of Daniel and the abomination of desolation that was to follow, yet he with all his powers did nothing to save the Hews or his disciples. They were all killed eventually.

Did his resurrection make any difference to the Jewish people, their temple and Jerusalem was destroyed and many were slaughtered by the Romans the same rulers who crucified Jesus?

What was to come Immanuel, Elijah and the everlasting kingdom of David with a lineage of David sitting on the throne never happened. Instead what we got was a much anticipated crucifixion of a blasphemous liar and a lunatic and the perpetuation of the myth dead Jews forgive sins. The Romans crucified many Jews and Jesus was unceremoniously mocked, beaten and ridiculed before he was crucified. The Roman Catholic Church still remind the world it was the Romans who crucified Jesus and display the cross on every Church and altar as a reminder they were picked by God to bring forgiveness to the Gentiles. Hitler followed their example becaus he too believed dead Jews could forgive sins.

So did Christians choose Jesus or his sacrifice as the blessing because the scriptures tell us it was his sacrifice that atoned for their sins and offered them salvation.

Based on what the Pope said even the latter might be in doubt.

" And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and produce no fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus" and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross."
EtrnlVw
Posts: 6,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2017 11:56:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It should be obvious to everyone that you love to distort and create little dramas about the Bible for what? I'm not totally sure what your problem is but considering you profess to be a Hindu something doesn't add up. The Hindu's I listen to have respect for the work of all scriptures especially the Bible.
You on the other hand use scripture in an appropriate text only when it suits your imaginings, then you distort and demonize the same source when it suits your attempt to make something other than what it is.
So arguing with you about this and that regarding the Bible is just completely useless.

I've also challenged you to show me any spiritual principle in your professed Holy text and not only will I show you in the Bible but show you in more than one way. You did not.

How could the Bible scriptures contain not only the same spiritual realities and principles as any other competent source and be as you claim that there is no credibility in spiritual understanding within? And if you agree that they do contain a spiritual understanding, then why do you ridicule it so much? why invest so much energy in something that is going to elude you anyways. You can't distort or manipulate what is truth....You know how Karma works (I think)..... your attempt to label Jesus a liar and lunatic will only make you look like one yourself. Because it's based on untruth and deception and you know it, it will only chase you around.

Now, if the scriptures are useless, commit to my challenge and I'll show you using the Bible as a source that it has equivalent knowledge, not the same of course, but equivalent.
You also claimed to recognize the Bible as being a dynamic work and agreed with me on that. If you understand that the scriptures contain underlying truths and knowledge hidden within it then why don't you represent it correctly and work with the contents instead of twisting them?
bulproof
Posts: 36,669
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2017 6:27:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.
What has that to do with the scientific and historical evidence debunking the stories in the OT?
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2017 4:45:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/2/2017 11:56:35 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
It should be obvious to everyone that you love to distort and create little dramas about the Bible for what? I'm not totally sure what your problem is but considering you profess to be a Hindu something doesn't add up. The Hindu's I listen to have respect for the work of all scriptures especially the Bible.
You on the other hand use scripture in an appropriate text only when it suits your imaginings, then you distort and demonize the same source when it suits your attempt to make something other than what it is.
So arguing with you about this and that regarding the Bible is just completely useless.

I've also challenged you to show me any spiritual principle in your professed Holy text and not only will I show you in the Bible but show you in more than one way. You did not.

How could the Bible scriptures contain not only the same spiritual realities and principles as any other competent source and be as you claim that there is no credibility in spiritual understanding within? And if you agree that they do contain a spiritual understanding, then why do you ridicule it so much? why invest so much energy in something that is going to elude you anyways. You can't distort or manipulate what is truth....You know how Karma works (I think)..... your attempt to label Jesus a liar and lunatic will only make you look like one yourself. Because it's based on untruth and deception and you know it, it will only chase you around.

Now, if the scriptures are useless, commit to my challenge and I'll show you using the Bible as a source that it has equivalent knowledge, not the same of course, but equivalent.
You also claimed to recognize the Bible as being a dynamic work and agreed with me on that. If you understand that the scriptures contain underlying truths and knowledge hidden within it then why don't you represent it correctly and work with the contents instead of twisting them?

God gave the bible to the Jews to separate them from the pagan Gentiles. In the bible contained his laws and commandments such as circumcision and diet restrictions. The Jews honoured God by keeping their Jewish traditions and customs as dictated by scriptures. So how does a Jewish invention of the Bible become the very book that Christians use to separate the Jews from their religion. This is the perverted thoughts promoted by Christianity. Christians believe dead Jews can forgive sins and the cross is a symbol of a sacrificed Jew who was crucified to forgive the sins of the Gentiles. Sacrificing Jews becaus they could forgive sins started with the Romans and reached it peak during Hitlers time.

Christ a Jews crucified by Romans suddenly become the enemy of the Jews and his crucifixion by Romans bought forgiveness and salvation to the Gentiles at the expense of the Jews the very people Jesus was sent to save.
Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

There is a reason why Christians focus primarily on sin and forgiveness. Whereas Hundus forces on enlightenment and spiritual bliss. This is reflected in the high criminal population in federal prisons.

Christians make up 75% of the criminal population in federal prison compared to the 1% of Hindus.

http://wp.production.patheos.com...

Hinduism meets both the intellectual and spiritual needs of Hindus. Christianity cannot even keep its believers out of prisons because they are prone to criminality or sin as they like to call it.

Jesus himself was crucified along with criminals. The Bible tells us it started with Adam and Eve stealing a fruit they were forbidden to eat. How can you expect more from a religion that is obsessed with sex, incest, deception and blood thirsty revenge going as far as to portray their God as a jealous mean spirited genocidal bumbling maniac who sacrificed his own son Jesus to forgive the sins he cursed his creation with starting with Adam and Eve. Now multiply that by three and you have the Trinity or the problem compounded by 3 times.
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2017 5:05:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.

How long before you are resurrected from your comatose so you can participate in an intelligent discussion?

The Bible is 'Alternative Facts' is what Jews now want Christians to know so they will stop believing dead Jews could forgive sins and put an end to sacrificing Jews to forgive the sins of Gentiles. Stop spreading the myth Jesus's sacrifice forgave the sins of the Gentiles. That Jesus forgave sins when he was alive was already a tall stretch for Jews much less after his death.

Mark 2:7 "Why does this fellow talk like that? He's blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2017 5:18:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2017 6:27:15 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.
What has that to do with the scientific and historical evidence debunking the stories in the OT?

Thank you for participating. I invited all the Jews to speak up and end this miscarriage of justice. Since they have a lot more experience in picking prophets and messiah they could help the Christians find someone more suitable for Gentiles than a failed Jewish messiah.

I warned them the expectations are high because Christians are accustomed to the idea a Jew died for their sins and salvation and now 2 billion Christian believe the same.

"But the hard part is replacing Jesus with someone who can also offer forgiveness and salvation and eternal life who is not a Jew. Because God said only dead Jews could offer forgiveness and sacrificed Jesus a Jew as an example. Even Hitler believed that dead Jews forgave sins. Think how relieved the Jews would be if Christians stopped believing the OT and created their own messiah and stopped sacrificing Jews for their sins....Harikrish."
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2017 11:00:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
How Christisnity is failing the Jews.

Jews-only Thesis.

"If you read the Gospel of Matthew and Acts, you will come to realize that: Jesus intended to Christianize the Jews and only the Jews.

"I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." (Matthew 15:24)

Can"t get more clear than that. Jesus speaks, but the Gentiles didn"t listen.

This is a radical notion. It would invalidate all existing churches and all their Gentile missionary efforts, except churches involved in brute force-converting Jews to Christianity, since that"s the way die-hard Jews convert. As Jesus said, "Bring the sword!"

It is one thing to tell Europeans that god doesn"t exist, or that Europeans have their own gods, or that Christianity is an ineffective deterrent against the Jews, standard positions in the nationalist camp. It"s quiet another to say that Jesus didn"t want Gentiles to be Christians. At most, Jesus wants you to Christianize the Jews and that"s it. Be the hunters, not the hunted.

There is plenty of support for the Jews-only thesis in the New Testament. The body and blood of Christ in the form of bread and wine was meant to be an artificial substitute for the appetite of the bloodsucking cannibal-like Jews. Greeks and Romans were not cannibals and were in no need of a reinvention of a deplorable ritual"child sacrifice. Jews were.

If Jesus wanted to efficiently Christianize the world, why not be born to a Roman emperor and reign? Jesus, born among Jews, aimed to Christianize them, not the world. He was the Jew anti-Jew.

The Jews-only thesis helps us resolve the absurdities and contradictions of Jesus in terms of the two-faced Jews; by this we can clear the deck for the West"s post-Christian Renaissance. You have to remember who Jesus was talking to: Jews. Apart from the Jews, his ideas don"t make sense.

With Jesus, always remember his audience: Jews.

What does Christianity consist of? Christianity is a P.O.C.S. on the Jews. In line with the vows of various orders, Christianity is a vow of Poverty, Obedience, Chastity, and Silence.

Can you think of anyone who needs poverty, obedience, chastity, and silence more than Jews?

Jews are the rich, law-breaking regulators; a sex-crazed perverted, vocal minority that loathes the Gentiles the world over. Christianity is perfect for them. It doesn"t make sense for the rest of the world to be given the P.O.C.S. of Christ.

Jews are arch-xenophobic collectivists. They love their family and hate the world. Jesus called for the opposite. Love the world and hate your family. This is ruinous to any group, but what group deserved to be ruined? The genocidal Jews.

The Jesus P.O.C.S. would destroy the Jews, if accepted voluntarily, and if brought to bear on them by armed force, they would surely be under the boot of the Gentiles (the Brutes of God). Christianity is dangerous and Jesus made it for you to use on the Jews, not your own kind.

Jesus came to bring sword to the Jews, implying that Christianizers of the Jews, whoever they may be, must aim to force the Jews to be Christian: to be poor, obedient, chaste, and silent. What does it mean to be a Christian? Now you know. You don"t want to be Christian. You want the Jews to be Christian."
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2017 2:06:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Here is a good example of how the Bible became 'Alternative Facts'? When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts. Connect the dots. The bible is a book about Jews talking about God, When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts.
What happens when Christians talk about God? They give you 'Jewish Facts' from the Jewish Bible. Are they missing something? Lol!


At 5/4/2017 12:22:07 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/4/2017 4:23:05 AM, sollog wrote:
This the Douay Rhemis catholic bible older than King James

THERE IS NOT ONE MESSIAH VERSE IN THE BIBLE NOW

HERE IS PROOF

http://www.drbo.org...

DO NOT DENY THAT PROVE

IF YOU DO

YOU DENY LORD GOD ALMIGHTY

GOD ALMIGHTY LOVES YOU ALL
LOVE GOD ALMIGHTY

I am RABBI SOLLOG

I am the HEBREW RABBI that warned the world in 1998 that the GREAT SHIFT would soon occur and LORD GOD ALMIGHTY would erase Jesus the Messiah from history.

YOU ARE WITNESSING IT HAPPENED

LOVE GOD ALMIGTHY

Verses where Messiah is found.

Daniel 9:25 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Daniel 9:26 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Messiah is not found in the New Testament because he was indentified as Jesus.

Open your minds people Messiah in the old world was used hundreds of times

In the Douay Rheims IT WAS ERASED

I truly do love the Daniel verse GOD INSTRUCTED ME PERSONALLY how to teach it and use it to help his children that were LIED TO by thousands of years of LIES in Rome

Ony KJV OT was allowed to have messiah in the Great Prophet DANIEL verses

Read it, GOD ALMIGHTY states he is making THE KING OF BABYLON HIS MESSIAH and he will send him to build THE TEMPLE

You see children, I DO NOT LIE, GOD IS FULLY MANIFEST IN ME and I MERELY DO GODS WILL

So anyone that GOD TOUCHED to DO GODS WILL was a messiach, messiah, not a savior, etc.

So there is your MESSIAH the KING OF BABYLON

Isn't GOD ALMIGHTY FUNNY

When I first read that verse in this reality I laughed so hard it hurt

GOD IS LOVE
GOD IS FUN
GOD IS GREAT

So people there used to be hundreds of Messiah verses only that FUNNY VERSE about the king of Babylon being the messiah is your reality now

Where did all the other ones go?

ERASED

Now many that understand that truth GOD ERASED THEIR MESSIAH will want to kill themselves rather than abandon their path, SO BE IT

Now if you stay in this reality and mock me or GOD ALMIGHTY

Your mind will be destroyed as your reality is reshaped to where you don't even know who you are when you look in a mirror

BEHOLD MANKIND
YOU ARE BEING JUDGED
AS TO HOW YOU SEE THIS EVENT

GOD ALMIGHTY IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD
THERE IS NO MESSIAH in the OT

THE ONLY SAVIOUR IS LORD GOD ALMIGHTY

Just read Isaiah GOD ALMIGHTY SAYS IT
Sollog
https://www.sollog.com...
EtrnlVw
Posts: 6,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2017 2:45:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2017 4:45:19 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/2/2017 11:56:35 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
It should be obvious to everyone that you love to distort and create little dramas about the Bible for what? I'm not totally sure what your problem is but considering you profess to be a Hindu something doesn't add up. The Hindu's I listen to have respect for the work of all scriptures especially the Bible.
You on the other hand use scripture in an appropriate text only when it suits your imaginings, then you distort and demonize the same source when it suits your attempt to make something other than what it is.
So arguing with you about this and that regarding the Bible is just completely useless.

I've also challenged you to show me any spiritual principle in your professed Holy text and not only will I show you in the Bible but show you in more than one way. You did not.

How could the Bible scriptures contain not only the same spiritual realities and principles as any other competent source and be as you claim that there is no credibility in spiritual understanding within? And if you agree that they do contain a spiritual understanding, then why do you ridicule it so much? why invest so much energy in something that is going to elude you anyways. You can't distort or manipulate what is truth....You know how Karma works (I think)..... your attempt to label Jesus a liar and lunatic will only make you look like one yourself. Because it's based on untruth and deception and you know it, it will only chase you around.

Now, if the scriptures are useless, commit to my challenge and I'll show you using the Bible as a source that it has equivalent knowledge, not the same of course, but equivalent.
You also claimed to recognize the Bible as being a dynamic work and agreed with me on that. If you understand that the scriptures contain underlying truths and knowledge hidden within it then why don't you represent it correctly and work with the contents instead of twisting them?

God gave the bible to the Jews to separate them from the pagan Gentiles. In the bible contained his laws and commandments such as circumcision and diet restrictions. The Jews honoured God by keeping their Jewish traditions and customs as dictated by scriptures. So how does a Jewish invention of the Bible become the very book that Christians use to separate the Jews from their religion. This is the perverted thoughts promoted by Christianity. Christians believe dead Jews can forgive sins and the cross is a symbol of a sacrificed Jew who was crucified to forgive the sins of the Gentiles. Sacrificing Jews becaus they could forgive sins started with the Romans and reached it peak during Hitlers time.


You addressed nothing I said.
I'm not a Jew and I don't answer for Jews. No one is trying to separate Jews from their religion....this is what I'm getting at, all you do is play games and make crap up.

The Bible is as I said is a dynamic work and you know it. It contains a spiritual backdrop complete with affirmations and principles that are universal. If you want to get to that level just let me know and then we can talk.

Christ a Jews crucified by Romans suddenly become the enemy of the Jews and his crucifixion by Romans bought forgiveness and salvation to the Gentiles at the expense of the Jews the very people Jesus was sent to save.
Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."


There is a reason why Christians focus primarily on sin and forgiveness. Whereas Hundus forces on enlightenment and spiritual bliss. This is reflected in the high criminal population in federal prisons.

Christians make up 75% of the criminal population in federal prison compared to the 1% of Hindus.


In what state lol? you know darn well that reflects the large scale at which anyone can embrace the Bible both criminal and non. Who says criminals are exempt from believing what they recognize as truth??

http://wp.production.patheos.com...

Hinduism meets both the intellectual and spiritual needs of Hindus. Christianity cannot even keep its believers out of prisons because they are prone to criminality or sin as they like to call it.


Yet you never once met my challenge. I will dispel that nonsense right here and now. Juts give me one example of a spiritual truth or principle that Hindu scriptures contain that the Bible does not. I'm not a criminal so address me or accept you have nothing to offer.

Jesus himself was crucified along with criminals. The Bible tells us it started with Adam and Eve stealing a fruit they were forbidden to eat. How can you expect more from a religion that is obsessed with sex, incest, deception and blood thirsty revenge going as far as to portray their God as a jealous mean spirited genocidal bumbling maniac who sacrificed his own son Jesus to forgive the sins he cursed his creation with starting with Adam and Eve. Now multiply that by three and you have the Trinity or the problem compounded by 3 times.

If you want to know what I believe as a Christian then ASK, if you want to know anything about what I believe then ask. Until you ask and receive my own words and understandings you can sit in the corner and be quiet. All you do is talk hot air, listen for a change.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 6,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2017 2:50:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/3/2017 5:05:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.

How long before you are resurrected from your comatose so you can participate in an intelligent discussion?


I've been asking myself this about you the whole time. Let me know when you're ready to discuss this at a mature level and not little Hari's playhouse time.

We can do that by beginning with the challenge I set before you, this will help us go deeper than what you pretend you are doing.....which should be easy for you to show considering the Bible is beneath you ehh?
Omniverse
Posts: 1,576
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2017 3:10:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/6/2017 2:50:45 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/3/2017 5:05:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.

How long before you are resurrected from your comatose so you can participate in an intelligent discussion?


I've been asking myself this about you the whole time. Let me know when you're ready to discuss this at a mature level and not little Hari's playhouse time.

We can do that by beginning with the challenge I set before you, this will help us go deeper than what you pretend you are doing.....which should be easy for you to show considering the Bible is beneath you ehh?

What I'd like to point out is this: many times you have alluded to the fact that there are precious pearls of wisdom buried exclusively in the biblical text. Alas, you have failed to mention one, just so me lowly anti-theist peasant might benefit from what otherwise will forever remain hidden from me.

Indulge me.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 6,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2017 3:19:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/6/2017 3:10:49 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 5/6/2017 2:50:45 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/3/2017 5:05:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.

How long before you are resurrected from your comatose so you can participate in an intelligent discussion?


I've been asking myself this about you the whole time. Let me know when you're ready to discuss this at a mature level and not little Hari's playhouse time.

We can do that by beginning with the challenge I set before you, this will help us go deeper than what you pretend you are doing.....which should be easy for you to show considering the Bible is beneath you ehh?

What I'd like to point out is this: many times you have alluded to the fact that there are precious pearls of wisdom buried exclusively in the biblical text. Alas, you have failed to mention one, just so me lowly anti-theist peasant might benefit from what otherwise will forever remain hidden from me.

Indulge me.

Yes, you may find some of those principles on my profile wall. If you don't want to look at examples there I can post some here.
Those "pearls of wisdom" are an underlying foundation that applies universally. When you begin to study religion in depth they will surface for you.
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2017 4:43:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/6/2017 2:45:11 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/3/2017 4:45:19 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/2/2017 11:56:35 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
It should be obvious to everyone that you love to distort and create little dramas about the Bible for what? I'm not totally sure what your problem is but considering you profess to be a Hindu something doesn't add up. The Hindu's I listen to have respect for the work of all scriptures especially the Bible.
You on the other hand use scripture in an appropriate text only when it suits your imaginings, then you distort and demonize the same source when it suits your attempt to make something other than what it is.
So arguing with you about this and that regarding the Bible is just completely useless.

I've also challenged you to show me any spiritual principle in your professed Holy text and not only will I show you in the Bible but show you in more than one way. You did not.

How could the Bible scriptures contain not only the same spiritual realities and principles as any other competent source and be as you claim that there is no credibility in spiritual understanding within? And if you agree that they do contain a spiritual understanding, then why do you ridicule it so much? why invest so much energy in something that is going to elude you anyways. You can't distort or manipulate what is truth....You know how Karma works (I think)..... your attempt to label Jesus a liar and lunatic will only make you look like one yourself. Because it's based on untruth and deception and you know it, it will only chase you around.

Now, if the scriptures are useless, commit to my challenge and I'll show you using the Bible as a source that it has equivalent knowledge, not the same of course, but equivalent.
You also claimed to recognize the Bible as being a dynamic work and agreed with me on that. If you understand that the scriptures contain underlying truths and knowledge hidden within it then why don't you represent it correctly and work with the contents instead of twisting them?

God gave the bible to the Jews to separate them from the pagan Gentiles. In the bible contained his laws and commandments such as circumcision and diet restrictions. The Jews honoured God by keeping their Jewish traditions and customs as dictated by scriptures. So how does a Jewish invention of the Bible become the very book that Christians use to separate the Jews from their religion. This is the perverted thoughts promoted by Christianity. Christians believe dead Jews can forgive sins and the cross is a symbol of a sacrificed Jew who was crucified to forgive the sins of the Gentiles. Sacrificing Jews becaus they could forgive sins started with the Romans and reached it peak during Hitlers time.


You addressed nothing I said.
I'm not a Jew and I don't answer for Jews. No one is trying to separate Jews from their religion....this is what I'm getting at, all you do is play games and make crap up.

If you are a Christian you are a Jew wannabe. Both the OT and NT were written by Jews. Jesus was a Jew who openly declared he was sent only to the Jews. What part do you not get?

Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel." -

The Bible is as I said is a dynamic work and you know it. It contains a spiritual backdrop complete with affirmations and principles that are universal. If you want to get to that level just let me know and then we can talk.

There is nothing universal about the Bible. It is a story about the struggles of the Jewish people with their Jewish God. The events in the bible were all local events that affected the Jewish people. The world did not have any of the exchanges with the God of the bible (they had their own Gods). And the world was not responsible for the crucifixion of Jesus. It too was a local event and only the Jews and Romans living in Israel participated in the crucifixion.

The Romans were hardly the right people to make the bible universal. They were pagans
who were responsible for crucifying Jesus, destroying Jerusalem and the temple and also the nation of Israel. Irony of ironies.

Christ a Jews crucified by Romans suddenly become the enemy of the Jews and his crucifixion by Romans bought forgiveness and salvation to the Gentiles at the expense of the Jews the very people Jesus was sent to save.
Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."


There is a reason why Christians focus primarily on sin and forgiveness. Whereas Hundus forces on enlightenment and spiritual bliss. This is reflected in the high criminal population in federal prisons.

Christians make up 75% of the criminal population in federal prison compared to the 1% of Hindus.


In what state lol? you know darn well that reflects the large scale at which anyone can embrace the Bible both criminal and non. Who says criminals are exempt from believing what they recognize as truth??

That was a national study and represented all the states. Christians because of their beliefs are more predisposed to criminal behaviour.

http://wp.production.patheos.com...

Hinduism meets both the intellectual and spiritual needs of Hindus. Christianity cannot even keep its believers out of prisons because they are prone to criminality or sin as they like to call it.


Yet you never once met my challenge. I will dispel that nonsense right here and now. Juts give me one example of a spiritual truth or principle that Hindu scriptures contain that the Bible does not. I'm not a criminal so address me or accept you have nothing to offer.

I gave you a known fact supported by evidence that Hindus scriptures teach personal accountability and that leads to low criminal behaviour by Hindus.. That must be missing in Christianity because Christiansmake up 75% of the criminal prison population in prisons. Even Jesus was crucified as a criminal.

Jesus himself was crucified along with criminals. The Bible tells us it started with Adam and Eve stealing a fruit they were forbidden to eat. How can you expect more from a religion that is obsessed with sex, incest, deception and blood thirsty revenge going as far as to portray their God as a jealous mean spirited genocidal bumbling maniac who sacrificed his own son Jesus to forgive the sins he cursed his creation with starting with Adam and Eve. Now multiply that by three and you have the Trinity or the problem compounded by 3 times.

If you want to know what I believe as a Christian then ASK, if you want to know anything about what I believe then ask. Until you ask and receive my own words and understandings you can sit in the corner and be quiet. All you do is talk hot air, listen for a change.
We all know what Christians believe because we know the source of their beliefs 'The Jewish Bibles".

I gave a good example of how the Bible became 'Alternative Facts in post#15. When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts. Connect the dots. The bible is a book about Jews talking about God, When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts.
What happens when Christians talk about God? They give you 'Jewish Facts' from the Jewish Bible. Are they missing something? Lol!
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2017 4:52:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/6/2017 2:50:45 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/3/2017 5:05:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.

How long before you are resurrected from your comatose so you can participate in an intelligent discussion?


I've been asking myself this about you the whole time. Let me know when you're ready to discuss this at a mature level and not little Hari's playhouse time.

We can do that by beginning with the challenge I set before you, this will help us go deeper than what you pretend you are doing.....which should be easy for you to show considering the Bible is beneath you ehh?

We all know what Christians believe because we know the source of their beliefs 'The Jewish Bibles".

I gave a good example of how the Bible became 'Alternative Facts in post#15. When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts. Connect the dots. The bible is a book about Jews talking about God, When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts.
What happens when Christians talk about God? They give you 'Jewish Facts' from the Jewish Bible. Are they missing something? Lol!

As for your challenge comparing Hinduism with Christianity. I gave you a comparison.
I gave you an established fact which is supported by evidence that Hindus scriptures teach personal accountability and that leads to low criminal behaviour by Hindus.. That must be missing in Christianity because Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population in prisons. Even Jesus was crucified as a criminal.
http://wp.production.patheos.com...
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2017 8:14:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/6/2017 4:52:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/6/2017 2:50:45 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/3/2017 5:05:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.

How long before you are resurrected from your comatose so you can participate in an intelligent discussion?


I've been asking myself this about you the whole time. Let me know when you're ready to discuss this at a mature level and not little Hari's playhouse time.

We can do that by beginning with the challenge I set before you, this will help us go deeper than what you pretend you are doing.....which should be easy for you to show considering the Bible is beneath you ehh?

We all know what Christians believe because we know the source of their beliefs 'The Jewish Bibles".

I gave a good example of how the Bible became 'Alternative Facts in post#15. When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts. Connect the dots. The bible is a book about Jews talking about God, When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts.
What happens when Christians talk about God? They give you 'Jewish Facts' from the Jewish Bible. Are they missing something? Lol!

As for your challenge comparing Hinduism with Christianity. I gave you a comparison.
I gave you an established fact which is supported by evidence that Hindus scriptures teach personal accountability and that leads to low criminal behaviour by Hindus.. That must be missing in Christianity because Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population in prisons. Even Jesus was crucified as a criminal.
http://wp.production.patheos.com...

And there is the basis of just about all wars....."my imaginary friend is better than yours".
Hindus just wait for a religious war then commit every heinous crime known.
Who are you trying to kid?
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2017 8:23:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/6/2017 3:19:16 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/6/2017 3:10:49 PM, Omniverse wrote:
At 5/6/2017 2:50:45 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/3/2017 5:05:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.

How long before you are resurrected from your comatose so you can participate in an intelligent discussion?


I've been asking myself this about you the whole time. Let me know when you're ready to discuss this at a mature level and not little Hari's playhouse time.

We can do that by beginning with the challenge I set before you, this will help us go deeper than what you pretend you are doing.....which should be easy for you to show considering the Bible is beneath you ehh?

What I'd like to point out is this: many times you have alluded to the fact that there are precious pearls of wisdom buried exclusively in the biblical text. Alas, you have failed to mention one, just so me lowly anti-theist peasant might benefit from what otherwise will forever remain hidden from me.

Indulge me.

Yes, you may find some of those principles on my profile wall. If you don't want to look at examples there I can post some here.
Those "pearls of wisdom" are an underlying foundation that applies universally. When you begin to study religion in depth they will surface for you.

What you call "pearls of wisdom" are in fact, far from it.
More like, nonsense quotes on how to do what you are told and fearfully submit yourself to a master who does not even exist.

That sort of absurd propaganda is what the world can well do without.
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2017 10:59:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/7/2017 8:14:25 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/6/2017 4:52:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/6/2017 2:50:45 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/3/2017 5:05:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.

How long before you are resurrected from your comatose so you can participate in an intelligent discussion?


I've been asking myself this about you the whole time. Let me know when you're ready to discuss this at a mature level and not little Hari's playhouse time.

We can do that by beginning with the challenge I set before you, this will help us go deeper than what you pretend you are doing.....which should be easy for you to show considering the Bible is beneath you ehh?

We all know what Christians believe because we know the source of their beliefs 'The Jewish Bibles".

I gave a good example of how the Bible became 'Alternative Facts in post#15. When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts. Connect the dots. The bible is a book about Jews talking about God, When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts.
What happens when Christians talk about God? They give you 'Jewish Facts' from the Jewish Bible. Are they missing something? Lol!

As for your challenge comparing Hinduism with Christianity. I gave you a comparison.
I gave you an established fact which is supported by evidence that Hindus scriptures teach personal accountability and that leads to low criminal behaviour by Hindus.. That must be missing in Christianity because Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population in prisons. Even Jesus was crucified as a criminal.
http://wp.production.patheos.com...

And there is the basis of just about all wars....."my imaginary friend is better than yours".
Hindus just wait for a religious war then commit every heinous crime known.
Who are you trying to kid?
Stick to the facts. Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population. These are peace time statistics.

http://wp.production.patheos.com...
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2017 1:30:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/7/2017 10:59:36 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/7/2017 8:14:25 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/6/2017 4:52:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/6/2017 2:50:45 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/3/2017 5:05:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.

How long before you are resurrected from your comatose so you can participate in an intelligent discussion?


I've been asking myself this about you the whole time. Let me know when you're ready to discuss this at a mature level and not little Hari's playhouse time.

We can do that by beginning with the challenge I set before you, this will help us go deeper than what you pretend you are doing.....which should be easy for you to show considering the Bible is beneath you ehh?

We all know what Christians believe because we know the source of their beliefs 'The Jewish Bibles".

I gave a good example of how the Bible became 'Alternative Facts in post#15. When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts. Connect the dots. The bible is a book about Jews talking about God, When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts.
What happens when Christians talk about God? They give you 'Jewish Facts' from the Jewish Bible. Are they missing something? Lol!

As for your challenge comparing Hinduism with Christianity. I gave you a comparison.
I gave you an established fact which is supported by evidence that Hindus scriptures teach personal accountability and that leads to low criminal behaviour by Hindus.. That must be missing in Christianity because Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population in prisons. Even Jesus was crucified as a criminal.
http://wp.production.patheos.com...

And there is the basis of just about all wars....."my imaginary friend is better than yours".
Hindus just wait for a religious war then commit every heinous crime known.
Who are you trying to kid?
Stick to the facts. Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population. These are peace time statistics.

http://wp.production.patheos.com...

75% of "what" prison population?
And what % of the prison population in India is Hindu?
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2017 4:57:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/8/2017 1:30:04 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/7/2017 10:59:36 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/7/2017 8:14:25 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/6/2017 4:52:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/6/2017 2:50:45 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/3/2017 5:05:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.

How long before you are resurrected from your comatose so you can participate in an intelligent discussion?


I've been asking myself this about you the whole time. Let me know when you're ready to discuss this at a mature level and not little Hari's playhouse time.

We can do that by beginning with the challenge I set before you, this will help us go deeper than what you pretend you are doing.....which should be easy for you to show considering the Bible is beneath you ehh?

We all know what Christians believe because we know the source of their beliefs 'The Jewish Bibles".

I gave a good example of how the Bible became 'Alternative Facts in post#15. When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts. Connect the dots. The bible is a book about Jews talking about God, When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts.
What happens when Christians talk about God? They give you 'Jewish Facts' from the Jewish Bible. Are they missing something? Lol!

As for your challenge comparing Hinduism with Christianity. I gave you a comparison.
I gave you an established fact which is supported by evidence that Hindus scriptures teach personal accountability and that leads to low criminal behaviour by Hindus.. That must be missing in Christianity because Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population in prisons. Even Jesus was crucified as a criminal.
http://wp.production.patheos.com...

And there is the basis of just about all wars....."my imaginary friend is better than yours".
Hindus just wait for a religious war then commit every heinous crime known.
Who are you trying to kid?
Stick to the facts. Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population. These are peace time statistics.

http://wp.production.patheos.com...

75% of "what" prison population?
US department of Justice. Federal Bureau of Prisons. US federal prison population.

http://wp.production.patheos.com...

And what % of the prison population in India is Hindu?

The Hibdu prison population even in India is lower than the Christian and Muslim groups. It is a global phenomena that Hindus are less inclined towards criminal behaviour.

http://www.hindustantimes.com...
CosmoJarvis
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2017 5:06:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/7/2017 10:59:36 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/7/2017 8:14:25 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/6/2017 4:52:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/6/2017 2:50:45 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/3/2017 5:05:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.

How long before you are resurrected from your comatose so you can participate in an intelligent discussion?


I've been asking myself this about you the whole time. Let me know when you're ready to discuss this at a mature level and not little Hari's playhouse time.

We can do that by beginning with the challenge I set before you, this will help us go deeper than what you pretend you are doing.....which should be easy for you to show considering the Bible is beneath you ehh?

We all know what Christians believe because we know the source of their beliefs 'The Jewish Bibles".

I gave a good example of how the Bible became 'Alternative Facts in post#15. When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts. Connect the dots. The bible is a book about Jews talking about God, When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts.
What happens when Christians talk about God? They give you 'Jewish Facts' from the Jewish Bible. Are they missing something? Lol!

As for your challenge comparing Hinduism with Christianity. I gave you a comparison.
I gave you an established fact which is supported by evidence that Hindus scriptures teach personal accountability and that leads to low criminal behaviour by Hindus.. That must be missing in Christianity because Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population in prisons. Even Jesus was crucified as a criminal.
http://wp.production.patheos.com...

And there is the basis of just about all wars....."my imaginary friend is better than yours".
Hindus just wait for a religious war then commit every heinous crime known.
Who are you trying to kid?
Stick to the facts. Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population. These are peace time statistics.

http://wp.production.patheos.com...

Now, do not mistake a correlation in the religious identities of prisoners for the causation of their incarnation. A study by the Pew Research Center in 2014 found that 70.6% of adults identified themselves as Christians. A more recent article by ABC News suggests that 83% of the adult population is Christian. Therefore, it would be reasonable to suggest that maybe the majority of prisoners are Christian.
I do not believe there's a large connection with one's religion, particularly Christianity, and crime.
"fake and gay" -Vaarka
"Submit to the soy or be annihilated." -Thett3
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2017 6:10:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/8/2017 5:06:34 PM, CosmoJarvis wrote:
At 5/7/2017 10:59:36 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/7/2017 8:14:25 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/6/2017 4:52:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/6/2017 2:50:45 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/3/2017 5:05:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.

How long before you are resurrected from your comatose so you can participate in an intelligent discussion?


I've been asking myself this about you the whole time. Let me know when you're ready to discuss this at a mature level and not little Hari's playhouse time.

We can do that by beginning with the challenge I set before you, this will help us go deeper than what you pretend you are doing.....which should be easy for you to show considering the Bible is beneath you ehh?

We all know what Christians believe because we know the source of their beliefs 'The Jewish Bibles".

I gave a good example of how the Bible became 'Alternative Facts in post#15. When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts. Connect the dots. The bible is a book about Jews talking about God, When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts.
What happens when Christians talk about God? They give you 'Jewish Facts' from the Jewish Bible. Are they missing something? Lol!

As for your challenge comparing Hinduism with Christianity. I gave you a comparison.
I gave you an established fact which is supported by evidence that Hindus scriptures teach personal accountability and that leads to low criminal behaviour by Hindus.. That must be missing in Christianity because Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population in prisons. Even Jesus was crucified as a criminal.
http://wp.production.patheos.com...

And there is the basis of just about all wars....."my imaginary friend is better than yours".
Hindus just wait for a religious war then commit every heinous crime known.
Who are you trying to kid?
Stick to the facts. Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population. These are peace time statistics.

http://wp.production.patheos.com...

Now, do not mistake a correlation in the religious identities of prisoners for the causation of their incarnation. A study by the Pew Research Center in 2014 found that 70.6% of adults identified themselves as Christians. A more recent article by ABC News suggests that 83% of the adult population is Christian. Therefore, it would be reasonable to suggest that maybe the majority of prisoners are Christian.
I do not believe there's a large connection with one's religion, particularly Christianity, and crime.

The US which has 70.6% of the population identifying themselves as Christians and 75% of the criminal prison population are Christians.

Compared to India where Hinduism is the major religion of India, with over 80% of the population identifying themselves as Hindu, that accounts for roughly 97 crore (~ 1 billion) Hindus in India, while 14% of the population follow Islam and the remaining 6% adhere to other religions (such as Christianity, Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism and ...

Hindus convicted are disproportionately lower than other groups which proves your population size of groups are not directly proportional to prison population when applied to Hindus in India.

http://www.hindustantimes.com...
CosmoJarvis
Posts: 1,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2017 6:37:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/8/2017 6:10:20 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/8/2017 5:06:34 PM, CosmoJarvis wrote:
At 5/7/2017 10:59:36 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/7/2017 8:14:25 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/6/2017 4:52:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/6/2017 2:50:45 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/3/2017 5:05:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.

How long before you are resurrected from your comatose so you can participate in an intelligent discussion?


I've been asking myself this about you the whole time. Let me know when you're ready to discuss this at a mature level and not little Hari's playhouse time.

We can do that by beginning with the challenge I set before you, this will help us go deeper than what you pretend you are doing.....which should be easy for you to show considering the Bible is beneath you ehh?

We all know what Christians believe because we know the source of their beliefs 'The Jewish Bibles".

I gave a good example of how the Bible became 'Alternative Facts in post#15. When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts. Connect the dots. The bible is a book about Jews talking about God, When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts.
What happens when Christians talk about God? They give you 'Jewish Facts' from the Jewish Bible. Are they missing something? Lol!

As for your challenge comparing Hinduism with Christianity. I gave you a comparison.
I gave you an established fact which is supported by evidence that Hindus scriptures teach personal accountability and that leads to low criminal behaviour by Hindus.. That must be missing in Christianity because Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population in prisons. Even Jesus was crucified as a criminal.
http://wp.production.patheos.com...

And there is the basis of just about all wars....."my imaginary friend is better than yours".
Hindus just wait for a religious war then commit every heinous crime known.
Who are you trying to kid?
Stick to the facts. Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population. These are peace time statistics.

http://wp.production.patheos.com...

Now, do not mistake a correlation in the religious identities of prisoners for the causation of their incarnation. A study by the Pew Research Center in 2014 found that 70.6% of adults identified themselves as Christians. A more recent article by ABC News suggests that 83% of the adult population is Christian. Therefore, it would be reasonable to suggest that maybe the majority of prisoners are Christian.
I do not believe there's a large connection with one's religion, particularly Christianity, and crime.

The US which has 70.6% of the population identifying themselves as Christians and 75% of the criminal prison population are Christians.

Compared to India where Hinduism is the major religion of India, with over 80% of the population identifying themselves as Hindu, that accounts for roughly 97 crore (~ 1 billion) Hindus in India, while 14% of the population follow Islam and the remaining 6% adhere to other religions (such as Christianity, Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism and ...

Hindus convicted are disproportionately lower than other groups which proves your population size of groups are not directly proportional to prison population when applied to Hindus in India.

http://www.hindustantimes.com...

But how exactly does that suggest a correlation between Christianity and crime?
"fake and gay" -Vaarka
"Submit to the soy or be annihilated." -Thett3
Harikrish
Posts: 39,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2017 8:16:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/8/2017 6:37:36 PM, CosmoJarvis wrote:
At 5/8/2017 6:10:20 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/8/2017 5:06:34 PM, CosmoJarvis wrote:
At 5/7/2017 10:59:36 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/7/2017 8:14:25 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/6/2017 4:52:37 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/6/2017 2:50:45 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 5/3/2017 5:05:10 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 5/3/2017 4:04:14 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:
You're just playing the games of the mind, you aren't engaging in conscious awareness.

How long before you are resurrected from your comatose so you can participate in an intelligent discussion?


I've been asking myself this about you the whole time. Let me know when you're ready to discuss this at a mature level and not little Hari's playhouse time.

We can do that by beginning with the challenge I set before you, this will help us go deeper than what you pretend you are doing.....which should be easy for you to show considering the Bible is beneath you ehh?

We all know what Christians believe because we know the source of their beliefs 'The Jewish Bibles".

I gave a good example of how the Bible became 'Alternative Facts in post#15. When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts. Connect the dots. The bible is a book about Jews talking about God, When you let a Jew speak about God, you get alternative facts.
What happens when Christians talk about God? They give you 'Jewish Facts' from the Jewish Bible. Are they missing something? Lol!

As for your challenge comparing Hinduism with Christianity. I gave you a comparison.
I gave you an established fact which is supported by evidence that Hindus scriptures teach personal accountability and that leads to low criminal behaviour by Hindus.. That must be missing in Christianity because Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population in prisons. Even Jesus was crucified as a criminal.
http://wp.production.patheos.com...

And there is the basis of just about all wars....."my imaginary friend is better than yours".
Hindus just wait for a religious war then commit every heinous crime known.
Who are you trying to kid?
Stick to the facts. Christians make up 75% of the criminal prison population. These are peace time statistics.

http://wp.production.patheos.com...

Now, do not mistake a correlation in the religious identities of prisoners for the causation of their incarnation. A study by the Pew Research Center in 2014 found that 70.6% of adults identified themselves as Christians. A more recent article by ABC News suggests that 83% of the adult population is Christian. Therefore, it would be reasonable to suggest that maybe the majority of prisoners are Christian.
I do not believe there's a large connection with one's religion, particularly Christianity, and crime.

The US which has 70.6% of the population identifying themselves as Christians and 75% of the criminal prison population are Christians.

Compared to India where Hinduism is the major religion of India, with over 80% of the population identifying themselves as Hindu, that accounts for roughly 97 crore (~ 1 billion) Hindus in India, while 14% of the population follow Islam and the remaining 6% adhere to other religions (such as Christianity, Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism and ...

Hindus convicted are disproportionately lower than other groups which proves your population size of groups are not directly proportional to prison population when applied to Hindus in India.

http://www.hindustantimes.com...

But how exactly does that suggest a correlation between Christianity and crime?

The Federal Bureau of Prisons provided the study and statistics of federal prisons. That 75% of the criminal prison population are Christians is a fact. The numbers suggests a correlation between Christians and criminal behaviour. But the facts are overwhelmingly independent of any correlation. Even if you ignore the correlation you are still left with the fact that 75% of the criminal prison population are Christians.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.