Total Posts:45|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Latest News.............

Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?
illegalcombat
Posts: 1,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 7:26:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?

Define "God"
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 9:08:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 7:26:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?

Define "God"

How the heck would I know what or who God is.

I didn't make it up and those who do believe this God thing seem to disagree with each other as to how many Gods there are and who has the best God.

And they've been fighting tooth and nail over this whole God thing for hundreds of years.

I just thought it was time for all these God followers to stop making up excuses for all their bad behaviour and start taking responsibility for themselves instead of palming it all off on some oogidy-boogidy imaginary friend.
illegalcombat
Posts: 1,323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 9:11:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 9:08:20 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 7:26:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?

Define "God"

How the heck would I know what or who God is.

I didn't make it up and those who do believe this God thing seem to disagree with each other as to how many Gods there are and who has the best God.

And they've been fighting tooth and nail over this whole God thing for hundreds of years.

I just thought it was time for all these God followers to stop making up excuses for all their bad behaviour and start taking responsibility for themselves instead of palming it all off on some oogidy-boogidy imaginary friend.

If your going to say that X does not exist, then you should have some idea what X is in the first place ?

Of course there are differences envisioned when people talk about "God", but since you were talking about God, I was wondering what exactly you had in mind.
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 9:35:49 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 9:11:33 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:08:20 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 7:26:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?

Define "God"

How the heck would I know what or who God is.

I didn't make it up and those who do believe this God thing seem to disagree with each other as to how many Gods there are and who has the best God.

And they've been fighting tooth and nail over this whole God thing for hundreds of years.

I just thought it was time for all these God followers to stop making up excuses for all their bad behaviour and start taking responsibility for themselves instead of palming it all off on some oogidy-boogidy imaginary friend.

If your going to say that X does not exist, then you should have some idea what X is in the first place ?

Of course there are differences envisioned when people talk about "God", but since you were talking about God, I was wondering what exactly you had in mind.

Well, Illy....can I call you Illy? This is the whole point....and is she black?
No, seriously though, the point is I have no idea what God is and that is what I am trying to get across to those who keep on harping on about it.
They don't know either and just keep making things up as they go along or to suit their own egocentric, self-centred ends.

For example, some are now saying God is "love", some say that "we" are God. Along comes quantum physics and next thing you know, it becomes in vogue to say that God is another dimension in a time warp surrounded by a black hole and anti-matter that's been there for eternity.

So, you see, it is very hard to define such an X factor since the goalposts seem to keep changing.

All I know is that my face isn't red.........therefore he's not up my a**e is he?...... it, x, whatever?
KwLm
Posts: 1,690
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 9:58:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 9:35:49 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:11:33 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:08:20 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 7:26:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?

Define "God"

How the heck would I know what or who God is.

I didn't make it up and those who do believe this God thing seem to disagree with each other as to how many Gods there are and who has the best God.

And they've been fighting tooth and nail over this whole God thing for hundreds of years.

I just thought it was time for all these God followers to stop making up excuses for all their bad behaviour and start taking responsibility for themselves instead of palming it all off on some oogidy-boogidy imaginary friend.

If your going to say that X does not exist, then you should have some idea what X is in the first place ?

Of course there are differences envisioned when people talk about "God", but since you were talking about God, I was wondering what exactly you had in mind.

Well, Illy....can I call you Illy? This is the whole point....and is she black?
No, seriously though, the point is I have no idea what God is and that is what I am trying to get across to those who keep on harping on about it.
They don't know either and just keep making things up as they go along or to suit their own egocentric, self-centred ends.

For example, some are now saying God is "love", some say that "we" are God. Along comes quantum physics and next thing you know, it becomes in vogue to say that God is another dimension in a time warp surrounded by a black hole and anti-matter that's been there for eternity.

So, you see, it is very hard to define such an X factor since the goalposts seem to keep changing.

All I know is that my face isn't red.........therefore he's not up my a**e is he?...... it, x, whatever?

But Willows, my invisisble flying three headed dragon cat hyrid that sits on my shoulder that does truly exist but I can't prove it exists because no other human being can interact with it and it can't show itself, but only to specific people for some reason I can't explain, he said he was talking to spaghettirafalla, and he said god ran away cause he was scared of being found out.
"Plus every unfortunate and bad things happens to us in reality are good for us" --- Abeer
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 10:12:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 9:58:14 AM, KwLm wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:35:49 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:11:33 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:08:20 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 7:26:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?

Define "God"

How the heck would I know what or who God is.

I didn't make it up and those who do believe this God thing seem to disagree with each other as to how many Gods there are and who has the best God.

And they've been fighting tooth and nail over this whole God thing for hundreds of years.

I just thought it was time for all these God followers to stop making up excuses for all their bad behaviour and start taking responsibility for themselves instead of palming it all off on some oogidy-boogidy imaginary friend.

If your going to say that X does not exist, then you should have some idea what X is in the first place ?

Of course there are differences envisioned when people talk about "God", but since you were talking about God, I was wondering what exactly you had in mind.

Well, Illy....can I call you Illy? This is the whole point....and is she black?
No, seriously though, the point is I have no idea what God is and that is what I am trying to get across to those who keep on harping on about it.
They don't know either and just keep making things up as they go along or to suit their own egocentric, self-centred ends.

For example, some are now saying God is "love", some say that "we" are God. Along comes quantum physics and next thing you know, it becomes in vogue to say that God is another dimension in a time warp surrounded by a black hole and anti-matter that's been there for eternity.

So, you see, it is very hard to define such an X factor since the goalposts seem to keep changing.

All I know is that my face isn't red.........therefore he's not up my a**e is he?...... it, x, whatever?

But Willows, my invisisble flying three headed dragon cat hyrid that sits on my shoulder that does truly exist but I can't prove it exists because no other human being can interact with it and it can't show itself, but only to specific people for some reason I can't explain, he said he was talking to spaghettirafalla, and he said god ran away cause he was scared of being found out.

First of all, don't do what I am about to say, just don't do it ok?

When I studied marketing I learned that if you say or present the same thing six times to some people they will actually accept it as true.

So, for God's sake, just don't mention it again, let alone five more times.
KwLm
Posts: 1,690
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 10:26:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 10:12:43 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:58:14 AM, KwLm wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:35:49 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:11:33 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:08:20 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 7:26:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?

Define "God"

How the heck would I know what or who God is.

I didn't make it up and those who do believe this God thing seem to disagree with each other as to how many Gods there are and who has the best God.

And they've been fighting tooth and nail over this whole God thing for hundreds of years.

I just thought it was time for all these God followers to stop making up excuses for all their bad behaviour and start taking responsibility for themselves instead of palming it all off on some oogidy-boogidy imaginary friend.

If your going to say that X does not exist, then you should have some idea what X is in the first place ?

Of course there are differences envisioned when people talk about "God", but since you were talking about God, I was wondering what exactly you had in mind.

Well, Illy....can I call you Illy? This is the whole point....and is she black?
No, seriously though, the point is I have no idea what God is and that is what I am trying to get across to those who keep on harping on about it.
They don't know either and just keep making things up as they go along or to suit their own egocentric, self-centred ends.

For example, some are now saying God is "love", some say that "we" are God. Along comes quantum physics and next thing you know, it becomes in vogue to say that God is another dimension in a time warp surrounded by a black hole and anti-matter that's been there for eternity.

So, you see, it is very hard to define such an X factor since the goalposts seem to keep changing.

All I know is that my face isn't red.........therefore he's not up my a**e is he?...... it, x, whatever?

But Willows, my invisisble flying three headed dragon cat hyrid that sits on my shoulder that does truly exist but I can't prove it exists because no other human being can interact with it and it can't show itself, but only to specific people for some reason I can't explain, he said he was talking to spaghettirafalla, and he said god ran away cause he was scared of being found out.

First of all, don't do what I am about to say, just don't do it ok?

When I studied marketing I learned that if you say or present the same thing six times to some people they will actually accept it as true.

So, for God's sake, just don't mention it again, let alone five more times.

Hmm, only six times you say? I think I shall go against what you say and test your hypothesis.
"Plus every unfortunate and bad things happens to us in reality are good for us" --- Abeer
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 10:37:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 10:26:50 AM, KwLm wrote:
At 5/4/2017 10:12:43 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:58:14 AM, KwLm wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:35:49 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:11:33 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:08:20 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 7:26:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?

Define "God"

How the heck would I know what or who God is.

I didn't make it up and those who do believe this God thing seem to disagree with each other as to how many Gods there are and who has the best God.

And they've been fighting tooth and nail over this whole God thing for hundreds of years.

I just thought it was time for all these God followers to stop making up excuses for all their bad behaviour and start taking responsibility for themselves instead of palming it all off on some oogidy-boogidy imaginary friend.

If your going to say that X does not exist, then you should have some idea what X is in the first place ?

Of course there are differences envisioned when people talk about "God", but since you were talking about God, I was wondering what exactly you had in mind.

Well, Illy....can I call you Illy? This is the whole point....and is she black?
No, seriously though, the point is I have no idea what God is and that is what I am trying to get across to those who keep on harping on about it.
They don't know either and just keep making things up as they go along or to suit their own egocentric, self-centred ends.

For example, some are now saying God is "love", some say that "we" are God. Along comes quantum physics and next thing you know, it becomes in vogue to say that God is another dimension in a time warp surrounded by a black hole and anti-matter that's been there for eternity.

So, you see, it is very hard to define such an X factor since the goalposts seem to keep changing.

All I know is that my face isn't red.........therefore he's not up my a**e is he?...... it, x, whatever?

But Willows, my invisisble flying three headed dragon cat hyrid that sits on my shoulder that does truly exist but I can't prove it exists because no other human being can interact with it and it can't show itself, but only to specific people for some reason I can't explain, he said he was talking to spaghettirafalla, and he said god ran away cause he was scared of being found out.

First of all, don't do what I am about to say, just don't do it ok?

When I studied marketing I learned that if you say or present the same thing six times to some people they will actually accept it as true.

So, for God's sake, just don't mention it again, let alone five more times.

Hmm, only six times you say? I think I shall go against what you say and test your hypothesis.

Another thing I learnt was reverse psychology.

Go ahead then.....blurt it out five more times. The best that could happen is that God-fearers may convert and the worst that could happen is an official from the Pastafarian church knocking on your door serving a summons for plagiarism on you.
KwLm
Posts: 1,690
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 10:51:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 10:37:32 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 10:26:50 AM, KwLm wrote:
At 5/4/2017 10:12:43 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:58:14 AM, KwLm wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:35:49 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:11:33 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:08:20 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 7:26:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?

Define "God"

How the heck would I know what or who God is.

I didn't make it up and those who do believe this God thing seem to disagree with each other as to how many Gods there are and who has the best God.

And they've been fighting tooth and nail over this whole God thing for hundreds of years.

I just thought it was time for all these God followers to stop making up excuses for all their bad behaviour and start taking responsibility for themselves instead of palming it all off on some oogidy-boogidy imaginary friend.

If your going to say that X does not exist, then you should have some idea what X is in the first place ?

Of course there are differences envisioned when people talk about "God", but since you were talking about God, I was wondering what exactly you had in mind.

Well, Illy....can I call you Illy? This is the whole point....and is she black?
No, seriously though, the point is I have no idea what God is and that is what I am trying to get across to those who keep on harping on about it.
They don't know either and just keep making things up as they go along or to suit their own egocentric, self-centred ends.

For example, some are now saying God is "love", some say that "we" are God. Along comes quantum physics and next thing you know, it becomes in vogue to say that God is another dimension in a time warp surrounded by a black hole and anti-matter that's been there for eternity.

So, you see, it is very hard to define such an X factor since the goalposts seem to keep changing.

All I know is that my face isn't red.........therefore he's not up my a**e is he?...... it, x, whatever?

But Willows, my invisisble flying three headed dragon cat hyrid that sits on my shoulder that does truly exist but I can't prove it exists because no other human being can interact with it and it can't show itself, but only to specific people for some reason I can't explain, he said he was talking to spaghettirafalla, and he said god ran away cause he was scared of being found out.

First of all, don't do what I am about to say, just don't do it ok?

When I studied marketing I learned that if you say or present the same thing six times to some people they will actually accept it as true.

So, for God's sake, just don't mention it again, let alone five more times.

Hmm, only six times you say? I think I shall go against what you say and test your hypothesis.

Another thing I learnt was reverse psychology.

Go ahead then.....blurt it out five more times. The best that could happen is that God-fearers may convert and the worst that could happen is an official from the Pastafarian church knocking on your door serving a summons for plagiarism on you.

My dragon cat hybrid calls you on your bluff, I will test it on the unseeing public, oh and pastafarians don't worship spaghettiraffala, they have "The flying spaghetti monster" spaghettirafala isn't what you think it is.
"Plus every unfortunate and bad things happens to us in reality are good for us" --- Abeer
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 12:08:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 10:51:06 AM, KwLm wrote:
At 5/4/2017 10:37:32 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 10:26:50 AM, KwLm wrote:
At 5/4/2017 10:12:43 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:58:14 AM, KwLm wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:35:49 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:11:33 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:08:20 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 7:26:53 AM, illegalcombat wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?

Define "God"

How the heck would I know what or who God is.

I didn't make it up and those who do believe this God thing seem to disagree with each other as to how many Gods there are and who has the best God.

And they've been fighting tooth and nail over this whole God thing for hundreds of years.

I just thought it was time for all these God followers to stop making up excuses for all their bad behaviour and start taking responsibility for themselves instead of palming it all off on some oogidy-boogidy imaginary friend.

If your going to say that X does not exist, then you should have some idea what X is in the first place ?

Of course there are differences envisioned when people talk about "God", but since you were talking about God, I was wondering what exactly you had in mind.

Well, Illy....can I call you Illy? This is the whole point....and is she black?
No, seriously though, the point is I have no idea what God is and that is what I am trying to get across to those who keep on harping on about it.
They don't know either and just keep making things up as they go along or to suit their own egocentric, self-centred ends.

For example, some are now saying God is "love", some say that "we" are God. Along comes quantum physics and next thing you know, it becomes in vogue to say that God is another dimension in a time warp surrounded by a black hole and anti-matter that's been there for eternity.

So, you see, it is very hard to define such an X factor since the goalposts seem to keep changing.

All I know is that my face isn't red.........therefore he's not up my a**e is he?...... it, x, whatever?

But Willows, my invisisble flying three headed dragon cat hyrid that sits on my shoulder that does truly exist but I can't prove it exists because no other human being can interact with it and it can't show itself, but only to specific people for some reason I can't explain, he said he was talking to spaghettirafalla, and he said god ran away cause he was scared of being found out.

First of all, don't do what I am about to say, just don't do it ok?

When I studied marketing I learned that if you say or present the same thing six times to some people they will actually accept it as true.

So, for God's sake, just don't mention it again, let alone five more times.

Hmm, only six times you say? I think I shall go against what you say and test your hypothesis.

Another thing I learnt was reverse psychology.

Go ahead then.....blurt it out five more times. The best that could happen is that God-fearers may convert and the worst that could happen is an official from the Pastafarian church knocking on your door serving a summons for plagiarism on you.

My dragon cat hybrid calls you on your bluff, I will test it on the unseeing public, oh and pastafarians don't worship spaghettiraffala, they have "The flying spaghetti monster" spaghettirafala isn't what you think it is.

Nevertheless, it still reeks of the same parmesan to me.

Have you registered your religion?

Because having grabbed your audience's attention you need to follow up with an official looking certificate and a manifesto.
PureX
Posts: 4,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 1:09:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 9:35:49 AM, Willows wrote:

Well, Illy....can I call you Illy? This is the whole point....and is she black?
No, seriously though, the point is I have no idea what God is and that is what I am trying to get across to those who keep on harping on about it.
They don't know either and just keep making things up as they go along or to suit their own egocentric, self-centred ends.

For example, some are now saying God is "love", some say that "we" are God. Along comes quantum physics and next thing you know, it becomes in vogue to say that God is another dimension in a time warp surrounded by a black hole and anti-matter that's been there for eternity.

So, you see, it is very hard to define such an X factor since the goalposts seem to keep changing.

All I know is that my face isn't red.........therefore he's not up my a**e is he?...... it, x, whatever?

So, basically, all you're really offering us is mindless negation, and petty insults.
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 2:02:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 1:09:07 PM, PureX wrote:
At 5/4/2017 9:35:49 AM, Willows wrote:

Well, Illy....can I call you Illy? This is the whole point....and is she black?
No, seriously though, the point is I have no idea what God is and that is what I am trying to get across to those who keep on harping on about it.
They don't know either and just keep making things up as they go along or to suit their own egocentric, self-centred ends.

For example, some are now saying God is "love", some say that "we" are God. Along comes quantum physics and next thing you know, it becomes in vogue to say that God is another dimension in a time warp surrounded by a black hole and anti-matter that's been there for eternity.

So, you see, it is very hard to define such an X factor since the goalposts seem to keep changing.

All I know is that my face isn't red.........therefore he's not up my a**e is he?...... it, x, whatever?

So, basically, all you're really offering us is mindless negation, and petty insults.

If you think that you have something better to offer then please do so.
janesix
Posts: 8,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 3:52:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

You would tear down the beautiful cathedrals of Europe, with the beautiful stained glass that no one can reproduce today? The pyramids? The Taj Mahal? I hope you mean something else.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?
KwLm
Posts: 1,690
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 4:01:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 3:52:22 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

You would tear down the beautiful cathedrals of Europe, with the beautiful stained glass that no one can reproduce today? The pyramids? The Taj Mahal? I hope you mean something else.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?

I could be wrong, but when Willows said "dismantling of religious institutions" I don't believe he meant destroying or tearing down of buildings but the removal of those using the buildings.
"Plus every unfortunate and bad things happens to us in reality are good for us" --- Abeer
janesix
Posts: 8,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 4:08:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 4:01:53 PM, KwLm wrote:
At 5/4/2017 3:52:22 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

You would tear down the beautiful cathedrals of Europe, with the beautiful stained glass that no one can reproduce today? The pyramids? The Taj Mahal? I hope you mean something else.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?

I could be wrong, but when Willows said "dismantling of religious institutions" I don't believe he meant destroying or tearing down of buildings but the removal of those using the buildings.
I hope so. It does make more sense.
12_13
Posts: 2,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2017 7:03:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Without any proof, you claim is worth nothing.
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2017 12:44:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 7:03:03 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Without any proof, you claim is worth nothing.

It may be worth your effort to remove your eyes from their bums for a few seconds and read the second sentence of the OP then disengage your brain from "park" for a few minutes to absorb the information contained therein.

The next step, I would recommend mulling the said information for a day, bounce the ideas off a few other people, particularly someone, (if you know of such a person) with a reasonable amount of intellect. Think tank sessions are sometimes very useful if they happen to have a meeting room at the basket weaving/numberplate stamping workshop.

Having thoroughly assessed your data in an objective, informed way, you may then care to write a post worthy of what I thoughtfully wrote in the second sentence.
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2017 2:35:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 7:03:03 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Without any proof, you claim is worth nothing.

Sorry, my wife has ticked me off over my excessive sarcasm in my previous reply.

My contention was:

"Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence."

The best analogy to illustrate this is with our (and presumably, your) justice system.

If the prosecution makes a claim that you murdered someone, it is up to them to prove the case against you. In fact, you are not obliged to give one piece of evidence in defence.

Therefore, if the prosecution cannot successfully prove the case against you, the case is dismissed. You are deemed not to be a murderer.

It would be ludicrous for the judge instead to demand that you prove that you did not commit the murder and convict you on the basis that you have no evidence. "You have no evidence, therefore you are a murderer".

Our society would be in absolute tatters if we adopted the principle that something uttered remains so if it cannot be disproven.
Otherwise, I can make the claim that invisible pink fairies live in my garden. You cannot disprove it and it would be ludicrous for me to state that my claim stands.

Exactly the same with God. Regardless of how long and by how many people have stated the existence of God, there is not one single shred of evidence, not one, to substantiate the claim.
In the absence of any such evidence, the claim can be quite rightly dismissed.

Whether or not you like it is another thing but stating the fact that "there is no such thing is God" is quite correct.

How you handle the fact is up to you, most Christians I know tend to follow a hope or have "faith" that what they have been told and what has been passed down over the centuries, has some remote possibility of truth.

There are many people who still believe in witches and goblins but all they have is faith that what they believe is true, nothing else.
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2017 2:52:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 3:52:22 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

You would tear down the beautiful cathedrals of Europe, with the beautiful stained glass that no one can reproduce today? The pyramids? The Taj Mahal? I hope you mean something else.

I am not proposing to literally demolish the buildings. They are beautiful and I for one am inspired by the beauty of many churches that I have seen around the world.

I recall one of my tongue in cheek threads a while back (I don't make many, do I?) where I was asking what we could do with redundant church buildings. In my city a church has been turned into a night club and is literally called "The Church".
https://www.google.com.au...
janesix
Posts: 8,233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2017 2:56:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/5/2017 2:52:42 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 3:52:22 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

You would tear down the beautiful cathedrals of Europe, with the beautiful stained glass that no one can reproduce today? The pyramids? The Taj Mahal? I hope you mean something else.

I am not proposing to literally demolish the buildings. They are beautiful and I for one am inspired by the beauty of many churches that I have seen around the world.

Yeah I guess I was being a little stupid lol

I recall one of my tongue in cheek threads a while back (I don't make many, do I?) where I was asking what we could do with redundant church buildings. In my city a church has been turned into a night club and is literally called "The Church".
https://www.google.com.au...
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2017 3:01:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/5/2017 2:56:31 AM, janesix wrote:
At 5/5/2017 2:52:42 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 3:52:22 PM, janesix wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

You would tear down the beautiful cathedrals of Europe, with the beautiful stained glass that no one can reproduce today? The pyramids? The Taj Mahal? I hope you mean something else.

I am not proposing to literally demolish the buildings. They are beautiful and I for one am inspired by the beauty of many churches that I have seen around the world.

Yeah I guess I was being a little stupid lol

I recall one of my tongue in cheek threads a while back (I don't make many, do I?) where I was asking what we could do with redundant church buildings. In my city a church has been turned into a night club and is literally called "The Church".
https://www.google.com.au...

When you come this way, I'll take you out there OK?
Apparently, kids queue up for ages to get in.
12_13
Posts: 2,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2017 7:13:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/5/2017 2:35:39 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 7:03:03 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.
My contention was:

You said "God still does not exist.". That is a claim. And usually people should prove their claims. But if that was not really your claim, then it is ok to ignore it and you don"t need to prove it.

Exactly the same with God. Regardless of how long and by how many people have stated the existence of God, there is not one single shred of evidence, not one, to substantiate the claim.
In the absence of any such evidence, the claim can be quite rightly dismissed.

Bible is one evidence. The existence of created things is another evidence. You just don"t accept them. Even if there would be no evidence, it is not enough reason to believe your claim. :)
Omniverse
Posts: 1,576
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2017 8:54:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/5/2017 7:13:34 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 5/5/2017 2:35:39 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 7:03:03 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.
My contention was:

You said "God still does not exist.". That is a claim. And usually people should prove their claims. But if that was not really your claim, then it is ok to ignore it and you don"t need to prove it.

Exactly the same with God. Regardless of how long and by how many people have stated the existence of God, there is not one single shred of evidence, not one, to substantiate the claim.
In the absence of any such evidence, the claim can be quite rightly dismissed.

Bible is one evidence.

The Bible is a dreadful book. It's a compendium of morally obscene injunctions, tenets and beliefs. Might as well use it as toilet paper. You'd still have to figure out what to do with that leathery cover. Use it as a back-scrubber?

The existence of created things is another evidence.

No it's not. The mere fact there are plausible alternatives which have not be disproven and the fact that the theistic hypothesis has not be demonstrated disqualifies it as evidence. Deism, pantheism, polytheism, semi-deism and atheism are all compatible with the existence of things.

You just don"t accept them. Even if there would be no evidence, it is not enough reason to believe your claim. :)

I agree with you on this one. If one is to claim that there is no God, one must tehn make a case and present evidence that, indeed, there is no God.
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2017 4:03:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/5/2017 7:13:34 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 5/5/2017 2:35:39 AM, Willows wrote:
At 5/4/2017 7:03:03 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.
My contention was:

You said "God still does not exist.". That is a claim. And usually people should prove their claims. But if that was not really your claim, then it is ok to ignore it and you don"t need to prove it.

It is not a "claim" in relation to logical debating. It is a rebuttal of the claim, "God exists".
In the absence of any evidence for the positive assertion ("God exists") such a positive assertion can be quite rightly dismissed and the default condition assumed, that is, "God does not exist".
A charged person acquired of murder is quite rightly deemed to be not a murderer.

Whether or not you or other theists like it, let alone agree with standard accepted logic is irrelevant to the fact... God does not exist.

Exactly the same with God. Regardless of how long and by how many people have stated the existence of God, there is not one single shred of evidence, not one, to substantiate the claim.
In the absence of any such evidence, the claim can be quite rightly dismissed.

Bible is one evidence. The existence of created things is another evidence. You just don't accept them. Even if there would be no evidence, it is not enough reason to believe your claim. :).........incorrect. Recall the "invisible pink fairy" claim? Why don't I just say they exist. You can't prove they don't, therefore they exist. Sounds fair to you?

Existence of "created things" is a "straw man" argument. It is invalid since you are incorrectly assuming "creation", especially in view of the fact that life by evolution through natural selection has been irrefutably proven and there is no viable evidence whatsoever as to any "creative intervention".

Which brings us to the Bible and one of the reasons it has been completely discredited as an authoritative document.
The existence of something is not evidence that it was created nor is the "completely" argument which is completely null and void.
12_13
Posts: 2,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2017 8:42:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/6/2017 4:03:02 AM, Willows wrote:
Whether or not you or other theists like it, let alone agree with standard accepted logic is irrelevant to the fact... God does not exist.

Funny how people define their own facts. :)

Existence of "created things" is a "straw man" argument. It is invalid since you are incorrectly assuming "creation", especially in view of the fact that life by evolution through natural selection has been irrefutably proven and there is no viable evidence whatsoever as to any "creative intervention".

If God would have created as the Bible tells, we should be able to see evidence about it. And evidence would be those created things as the Bible describes them. We can see those, so we have evidence. But it is true that in theory, the explanation could be something else. Nevertheless, we have evidence for the creation and so for God.

That same evidence is used to support the evolution theory. But the problem with the evolution theory is, if there is truly an ability in lifeforms to evolve as the theory suggests, that ability should be possible to see in nature. No such evidence really exists; therefore, the theory is weak and more like modern mother earth cult nowadays than real scientific theory. But I understand that desperate atheist has to cling to any pathetic excuse they can to reject Bible God.
Omniverse
Posts: 1,576
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2017 8:59:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2017 8:42:14 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 5/6/2017 4:03:02 AM, Willows wrote:
Whether or not you or other theists like it, let alone agree with standard accepted logic is irrelevant to the fact... God does not exist.

Funny how people define their own facts. :)

Well, there's a long tradition of precisely that that goes by the name of Christianity.


Existence of "created things" is a "straw man" argument. It is invalid since you are incorrectly assuming "creation", especially in view of the fact that life by evolution through natural selection has been irrefutably proven and there is no viable evidence whatsoever as to any "creative intervention".

If God would have created as the Bible tells, we should be able to see evidence about it. And evidence would be those created things as the Bible describes them. We can see those, so we have evidence.

On the contrary, we see contrary evidence. The age of the earth certainly does not match with what the Bible indicates. No global flood ever happened, as the geological record conclusively shows. To the best of our knowledge, it is categorically false that the entirety of mankind was seeded though just one couple or that a woman was subsequently created from a rib. I could go on and on and on.

But it is true that in theory, the explanation could be something else.

Not just in theory, but according to hard evidence.

Nevertheless, we have evidence for the creation and so for God.

No evidence at all.

That same evidence is used to support the evolution theory. But the problem with the evolution theory is, if there is truly an ability in lifeforms to evolve as the theory suggests, that ability should be possible to see in nature. No such evidence really exists;

False. Numerous instances of speciation have been observed. The fact you're unaware of them doesn't preclude their existence.

therefore, the theory is weak and more like modern mother earth cult nowadays than real scientific theory.

False. And this snide comment from someone who belongs to a cult revolving around human sacrifice.

But I understand that desperate atheist has to cling to any pathetic excuse they can to reject Bible God.

The despair is quite palpable in those who cling to the unsupported delusion that life carries on after death.

There are several and qualitively different reasons for rejecting both the Bible and God. The Bible is demonstrably historically false and the Christian God it endorses and whom it supposedly emanates from is a monstrous character I wouldn't give the time of day if I ran across him.

It is indeed a wonderful thing calling for celebration there isn't a shred of evidence for his existence. But even if he were to exist, I still would not worship him, not in a million years.
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2017 11:45:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/7/2017 8:42:14 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 5/6/2017 4:03:02 AM, Willows wrote:
Whether or not you or other theists like it, let alone agree with standard accepted logic is irrelevant to the fact... God does not exist.

Funny how people define their own facts. :)
Such a fact needs no proof (if that's what you mean by "define"). The fact that there is not one single shred of evidence to support the existence of God means that the default position or status quo is quite rightly maintained, "God does not exist". Any amount of rejection of this straightforward logical reasoning will not change that fact.

Existence of "created things" is a "straw man" argument. It is invalid since you are incorrectly assuming "creation", especially in view of the fact that life by evolution through natural selection has been irrefutably proven and there is no viable evidence whatsoever as to any "creative intervention".

If God would have created as the Bible tells, we should be able to see evidence about it. And evidence would be those created things as the Bible describes them. We can see those, so we have evidence. But it is true that in theory, the explanation could be something else. Nevertheless, we have evidence for the creation and so for God.

Incorrect, we have no evidence whatsoever of creation. Again you are very vague here. Just because the (discredited) Bible says that life was created does not make it so.

If you are trying to imply that "life is here so that is evidence it was created", that is being absurd and narrow-minded. Why don't you correctly state, "life is here and of all the theories of how life got here I am deciding that my chosen theory (God) is the right one because I say so."

When in reality, many qualified researchers have proven irrefutably that life evolved through natural selection which completely contradicts and makes wrong the accounts written in the Bible.

That same evidence is used to support the evolution theory. But the problem with the evolution theory is, if there is truly an ability in lifeforms to evolve as the theory suggests, that ability should be possible to see in nature. No such evidence really exists;

...Completely wrong, there is abundant evidence of evolution in nature, from ameba through to multi-cell plant and animal life through to mammals, every single stage of evolution is right in front of you. Have you ever picked up a biology book and read it?

You have made a number of very fundamental mistakes in your arguments.
Emilrose
Posts: 6,201
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2017 12:00:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?

That's like saying we should live in a world without politics, because (by default) it divides people--in more severe ways than religion has in a long time.
Willows
Posts: 11,692
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2017 12:16:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 5/8/2017 12:00:52 PM, Emilrose wrote:
At 5/4/2017 5:37:16 AM, Willows wrote:
...............God still does not exist.

Despite many attempts and unverified reports, there is no evidence that God exists and the status quo remains unchanged; there is no such thing as God.

Countering with an explanation such as, "there is no proof God does not exist" is unreasonable since it leaves open the right to claim that the presence anything concocted is true in the absence of contrary evidence.

So, why can't we all put any debate about God behind us and look at implementing more constructive ideas? For example, we could plan the dismantling of religious institutions which have for centuries, influenced people's lives in many ways and for many wrong reasons.

Instead of living in a world divided by religion, why can we not look forward to creating a better world without it?

That's like saying we should live in a world without politics, because (by default) it divides people--in more severe ways than religion has in a long time.
Good point.
My contention is that, for better or for worse, we need governance but we don't need religion.
Ironically it is governments that spend so much of their time, money and effort in constantly resolving serious religious conflicts throughout the world.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.