Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Is the Bible an ancient form of Wikipidia?

FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2017 3:44:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The Bible was written by many people, just like Wikipidia is today.

Does this make Wikipidia a holy relic. Bibles are always found in drawers in hotels, computers are available at hotels too with access to Wikipidia.

Should we look at Wikipidia and quote from it like the bible? Is there a difference. They seem the same to me. Wikipidia a modern digital bible?
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2017 3:52:27 PM
At 5/5/2017 3:44:40 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:

Does this make Wikipidia a holy relic. Bibles are always found in drawers in hotels, computers are available at hotels too with access to Wikipidia.

Should we look at Wikipidia and quote from it like the bible? Is there a difference. They seem the same to me. Wikipidia a modern digital bible?

Another similarity is that people who think they are smart like to dismiss both of them, when in fact both are quite reliable.
This space for rent.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2017 4:02:59 PM
At 5/5/2017 3:52:27 PM, v3nesl wrote:

Another similarity is that people who think they are smart like to dismiss both of them, when in fact both are quite reliable.

But there are people out there that say that Wikipidia is just anyone writing their own facts on there. Could the bible be like that too.

Who is fact checking this?
KwLm
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2017 4:48:56 PM

Totally agree as the authors of the documents the bible is made up of, are completely anonymous
"Plus every unfortunate and bad things happens to us in reality are good for us" --- Abeer
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2017 5:35:33 PM

Every book and webpage is written by man. Men are fallible. Therefore no book etc can be fully trusted.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2017 5:36:59 PM
At 5/5/2017 5:35:33 PM, janesix wrote:

Every book and webpage is written by man. Men are fallible. Therefore no book etc can be fully trusted.

So then why do 3 billion people in the world follow the bible?
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2017 5:38:13 PM
At 5/5/2017 5:36:59 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 5/5/2017 5:35:33 PM, janesix wrote:

So then why do 3 billion people in the world follow the bible?

A big part is indoctrination.
Omniverse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2017 9:36:19 PM
At 5/5/2017 3:52:27 PM, v3nesl wrote:

The Bible reliable?
Reliable at engendering human unhappiness and deceit.
Well sure, if you want to know what not to do, what not to think, how not to act, etc.
8 out of 10 times, it's a compendium of negative examples.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.