Stephen Paddock

Ludofl3x
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2017 6:40:03 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 10/2/2017 6:38:11 PM, ethang5 wrote:
Will turn out to be an atheist of the militant stripe.

just saying.

And if he doesn't, we can just call him that anyway: he must have perverted any message he might have received from God or the scriptures, n'est pa?
Ludofl3x
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2017 6:43:31 PM
And you believe his motives will be because of this affiliation expressly, like that's what an investigation is going to find?
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2017 7:12:10 PM
At 10/2/2017 6:40:03 PM, Ludofl3x wrote:

just saying.

And if he doesn't, we can just call him that anyway: he must have perverted any message he might have received from God or the scriptures, n'est pa?

LOL! I see I'm not the only one that recognizes Ethan's intellectual dishonesty and pompous presumptuousness...
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ThinkFirst
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2017 7:13:45 PM
At 10/2/2017 6:43:31 PM, Ludofl3x wrote:
And you believe his motives will be because of this affiliation expressly, like that's what an investigation is going to find?

Why not? He appears to believe that water can exist in liquid form on a molten infant planet...
"Never attribute to villainy that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-----
"Men rarely if ever dream up a god superior to themselves. Most gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child. "

-- Robert A Heinlein
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2017 7:15:52 PM
At 10/2/2017 6:43:31 PM, Ludofl3x wrote:

I said nothing about his motives, but we will learn for his history and his writings that he was a dyed in the wool atheist. How do I know this? He body isn't even cold yet.
PGA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2017 7:25:17 PM

just saying.

A Democrat or Republican?

With all the leftist violence lately, it will be interesting to see if that hatred has spurred this kind of evil, or whether it was some twisted religious believer.

Peter
3RU7AL
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2017 7:45:03 PM

just saying.

Their religious and/or political background is irrelevant.

Extremists of all types agree on one thing - The American Experiment has failed us.

HATE will destroy freedom regardless of the (religious and/or political) "motive".
Believing in "objective reality" is just like believing in heaven.
Please adhere to obvious epistemological limits.
ethang5, PureX, and I agree on... http://www.debate.org...
How to have a Rational Conversation http://www.debate.org...
Cognitive bias
Bias blindspot
What is Alief?

+proHUMAN
Polytheist_Witch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2017 7:45:20 PM

just saying.

Considering the target you might be right.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2017 8:14:58 PM
At 10/2/2017 7:45:20 PM, Polytheist_Witch wrote:

just saying.

As soon as I knew the target, the method, and the victims, I knew the shooter wasn't Islamic.

Now, will his atheism turn out to have influenced his act? If he had turned out to be a religious nut, atheists here would be crowing like roosters.

But just wait and watch as more of his history comes out.
Goldtop
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2017 8:35:36 PM

just saying.

His brother Eric, stated he had no religious or political affiliations, however ISIS claimed he converted to Islam a few months ago and they are taking responsibility.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2017 9:24:32 PM

just saying.

I don't see the connection. What is it about a shooting on a country music festival that would suggest an atheist shooter?
Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2017 9:26:17 PM
At 10/2/2017 8:14:58 PM, ethang5 wrote:

just saying.

As soon as I knew the target, the method, and the victims, I knew the shooter wasn't Islamic.

How did you know that?
Don't join dangerous cults: Practice safe sects.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 12:16:53 AM
At 10/2/2017 9:24:32 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

just saying.

I don't see the connection. What is it about a shooting on a country music festival that would suggest an atheist shooter?

Atheists are militant jazz rock fans. One too many Dolly Parton covers pushed him over the edge.

Unless he left a suicide note we'll never know. There's no news of one, AFAIK.
Anonymous
10/3/2017 1:48:06 AM
Far be it from me to get in the way of someone using a recent, horrible tragedy to make a petty and retaliatory speculation, but the shooter's father, as it turns out, was a diagnosed psychopath with suicidal tendencies:

https://www.aol.com...
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 2:16:26 AM
At 10/3/2017 1:48:06 AM, Fly wrote:
Far be it from me to get in the way of someone using a recent, horrible tragedy to make a petty and retaliatory speculation, but the shooter's father, as it turns out, was a diagnosed psychopath with suicidal tendencies:

His relatives don't make it sound like they saw any warning signs at all. It's scary how unaware we can be of when a human being is reaching a catastrophic breaking point.
Bummed about the low activity and abandonment of DDO? You can always try us on DART: https://www.debateart.com...
Anonymous
10/3/2017 2:44:35 AM
At 10/3/2017 2:16:26 AM, Casten wrote:

His relatives don't make it sound like they saw any warning signs at all. It's scary how unaware we can be of when a human being is reaching a catastrophic breaking point.

Especially a financially secure 64 year old. People will be working around the clock to find some telling pattern in his life. I read that this is mass shooting #1,518 since Sandy Hook-- mass shootings being 4+ fatalities, I think. It's a shocking stat...

At least crime is trending down overall since 1990... all too easy to forget with this sh!t happening...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 3:09:07 AM
At 10/3/2017 2:44:35 AM, Fly wrote:
At 10/3/2017 2:16:26 AM, Casten wrote:

Especially a financially secure 64 year old. People will be working around the clock to find some telling pattern in his life. I read that this is mass shooting #1,518 since Sandy Hook-- mass shootings being 4+ fatalities, I think. It's a shocking stat...

At least crime is trending down overall since 1990... all too easy to forget with this sh!t happening...

I'm not confident he was 'financially secure'. His dad 'made' lots of money, and if there is one place in the world that isn't gonna bat an eye about cash on the table, its Vegas. Who is to say his money didn't run out that pa gave him, and he was pissed at Vegas in general for taking it?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 6:41:17 AM
At 10/2/2017 9:26:17 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 10/2/2017 8:14:58 PM, ethang5 wrote:

just saying.

How did you know that?

Odds mostly. Islamic terrorists just dont do it that way.
Yongy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 7:20:49 AM
I wonder how many massacres it will take before the USofA wakes up to the fact that allowing everyone to own guns is CRAZY? I have said it before but will say it again, thank goodness I live in the UK where guns are not permitted for personal protection.
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 7:28:32 AM
At 10/3/2017 7:20:49 AM, Yongy wrote:
I wonder how many massacres it will take before the USofA wakes up to the fact that allowing everyone to own guns is CRAZY? I have said it before but will say it again, thank goodness I live in the UK where guns are not permitted for personal protection.

You're right. It's better if only the chosen race owns guns....
this site is dead. It doesn't even correctly post replies..
Yongy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 7:45:51 AM
At 10/3/2017 7:28:32 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 10/3/2017 7:20:49 AM, Yongy wrote:

You're right. It's better if only the chosen race owns guns....

Ehhhhhhhhhhh?
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 8:01:31 AM

Far be it from me to get in the way of someone using a recent, horrible tragedy to make a petty and retaliatory speculation,....

Apparently, "far" for you can be measured in inches. What do you want to bet Gentle Reader, that fly didnt think calling Hitler a Christian was petty and retaliatory?

....but the shooter's father, as it turns out, was a diagnosed psychopath with suicidal tendencies:

Which makes it more likely that the father was atheist, and therefore more likely that young Stephen grew up with the same unfocused anger and bitterness we see on our site so often.
Yongy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 8:09:00 AM
At 10/3/2017 8:01:31 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Far be it from me to get in the way of someone using a recent, horrible tragedy to make a petty and retaliatory speculation,....

Apparently, "far" for you can be measured in inches. What do you want to bet Gentle Reader, that fly didnt think calling Hitler a Christian was petty and retaliatory?

....but the shooter's father, as it turns out, was a diagnosed psychopath with suicidal tendencies:

Which makes it more likely that the father was atheist, and therefore more likely that young Stephen grew up with the same unfocused anger and bitterness we see on our site so often.

You are STUPID! Religion has been responsible for many terrible atrocities over the centuries.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 8:58:29 AM

just saying.

Just curious, what would you say if this turned out to be a Christian or any other religious affiliation?
"Hate begets hate"
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 9:43:00 AM
At 10/3/2017 8:09:00 AM, Yongy wrote:

You are STUPID! Religion has been responsible for many terrible atrocities over the centuries.

And to what do we attribute the millions killed in communist China and Stalinist Russia? How about the thousands killed in cambodia?

Or even the losers in America who ask their brave victims if they are Christian before, like the cowards they are, shooting the ones who answer in the affirmative?

I just wish I run into one of those losers one day. I'll give them irrefutable evidence of God.
Yongy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 9:44:49 AM
At 10/3/2017 9:43:00 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 10/3/2017 8:09:00 AM, Yongy wrote:

And to what do we attribute the millions killed in communist China and Stalinist Russia? How about the thousands killed in cambodia?

Or even the losers in America who ask their brave victims if they are Christian before, like the cowards they are, shooting the ones who answer in the affirmative?

I just wish I run into one of those losers one day. I'll give them irrefutable evidence of God.

You are a liar if you say you have irrefutable evidence of god!
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 9:47:10 AM
At 10/3/2017 8:58:29 AM, Axonly wrote:

just saying.

Just curious, what would you say if this turned out to be a Christian or any other religious affiliation?

Unfair question. He couldn't possibly be a christian. Your question is like asking what if the animal that can breathe underwater turned put to be a bird?

Hes an atheist. A militant one. Wait and see.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 9:51:55 AM

Doesn't fit the profile.

No Twitter, no facebook, no manifesto, no known vices (beyond gambling), far to much money. If it surfaces, great, but to say anything about his religion or political ideology is hopeful speculation on your part at this time.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Yongy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2017 10:04:51 AM
Statistically speaking I suspect more crimes over the centuries have been committed by religious people than atheists. Hitler was supposed to be a Christian, wasn't he?

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.