Jump to topic:

Tree of knowledge brought people together

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2018 11:46:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If one looks at atheists and theists they are identical in every way except in their beliefs in God where they are diametrically opposite. But scriptures tells us that was not always so. In fact Adam and Eve united together against God. They trusted each other's judgement more than they did of God.

Adam was warned by God not to eat from the tree of knowledge.
Genesis 2:17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."

Eve exercised her own judgement and ate the fobidden fruit and shared it with Adam.
Genesis 3:6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

God was upset with Adam for listening to Eve instead of Him and cursed Adam.
Genesis 3:17 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat from it,' "Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life.

Despite being banished from the garden and cursed and denied access to the tree of life which would have allowed them to live forever. This is what the first two humans did in the absence of God. They turned to each other and their love for each other brought them even closer.
Genesis 4:1 Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, "With the help of the LORD I have brought forth a man.

From scriptures we learn that it was the tree of knowledge that brought them together. And even with God in their midst they chose each other and knowledge instead of God.

Atheists and theists argue about the existence or non existence of God and it divides them. Yet scriptures tell us Adam and Eve were united not by the presence of God but by the tree of knowledge. It was God who separated himself from them because he was angry Adam chose to listen to Eve instead of him.

So why are we fighting amongst ourselves when it is not the knowledge of God that separated Adam and Eve from God. God was even with them in the garden. It was God who separated himself from them because they chose each other over him.

Here we are still trying to undo the choice that Adam made by trying to make God a choice over each other. But Adam and Eve did what was scriptural and that was to love one another 4000 years before Jesus arrived.
John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

The love of knowledge brings humans together our science, technology and medicine advances our human condition. Why would God or anyone for that matter introduce God into the human equation when we know we are here today because Adam and Eve loved knowledge and each other?

The only one seeking destruction of this love has been sidelined.

Genesis 6:7 So the LORD said, "I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created--and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground--for I regret that I have made them."

Harikrish: biblical scholar and spiritual leader.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2018 11:50:51 PM
At 2/16/2018 11:46:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
If one looks at atheists and theists they are identical in every way except in their beliefs in God where they are diametrically opposite. But scriptures tells us that was not always so. In fact Adam and Eve united together against God. They trusted each other's judgement more than they did of God.

Genesis 2:17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die."

Eve exercised her own judgement and ate the fobidden fruit and shared it with Adam.
Genesis 3:6 When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

Genesis 3:17 To Adam he said, "Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, 'You must not eat from it,' "Cursed is the ground because of you; through painful toil you will eat food from it all the days of your life.

Despite being banished from the garden and cursed and denied access to the tree of life which would have allowed them to live forever. This is what the first two humans did in the absence of God. They turned to each other and their love for each other brought them even closer.
Genesis 4:1 Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, "With the help of the LORD I have brought forth a man.

From scriptures we learn that it was the tree of knowledge that brought them together. And even with God in their midst they chose each other and knowledge instead of God.

Atheists and theists argue about the existence or non existence of God and it divides them. Yet scriptures tell us Adam and Eve were united not by the presence of God but by the tree of knowledge. It was God who separated himself from them because he was angry Adam chose to listen to Eve instead of him.

So why are we fighting amongst ourselves when it is not the knowledge of God that separated Adam and Eve from God. God was even with them in the garden. It was God who separated himself from them because they chose each other over him.

Here we are still trying to undo the choice that Adam made by trying to make God a choice over each other. But Adam and Eve did what was scriptural and that was to love one another 4000 years before Jesus arrived.
John 13:34 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 35 By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

The love of knowledge brings humans together our science, technology and medicine advances our human condition. Why would God or anyone for that matter introduce God into the human equation when we know we are here today because Adam and Eve loved knowledge and each other?

It is the knowledge of good and evil. Not scientific knowledge.

Genesis 6:7 So the LORD said, "I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created--and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground--for I regret that I have made them."

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2018 11:56:04 PM
At 2/16/2018 11:50:51 PM, janesix wrote:

It is the knowledge of good and evil. Not scientific knowledge.

In old vernacular good science and bad science.

SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2018 12:18:45 AM

If the tree of knowledge brought people together, how do account for the fact that people have been fighting each other from the dawn of time?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2018 1:12:19 PM
At 2/17/2018 12:18:45 AM, SingularityofLight wrote:

If the tree of knowledge brought people together, how do account for the fact that people have been fighting each other from the dawn of time?

That is explained in the OP. It's when humans introduce God into the human equation it divides us. We become atheists or theists, Muslims or Christians, saints or sinners. More wars have been fought in the name of religion than for any other reason.

The first recorded human killing was caused by Cain driven by anger, jealousy that God rejected his offerings and favoured Abel over him. Again we see when God obtrudes into human affairs it divides and destroys Hunan bond ship.

Thd clearest example is given in scriptures where the purpose and mission of God is to sow division among humans..

Genesis 11:6 The Lord said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

8 So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel[c]"because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

Jesus made that even clearer.

Matthew 10:34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

""a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law"
36 a man"s enemies will be the members of his own household."[c]
37 "Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Thank you for participating.

SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2018 1:28:20 PM
At 2/17/2018 1:12:19 PM, Harikrish wrote:

That is explained in the OP. It's when humans introduce God into the human equation it divides us. We become atheists or theists, Muslims or Christians, saints or sinners. More wars have been fought in the name of religion than for any other reason.

The first recorded human killing was caused by Cain driven by anger, jealousy that God rejected his offerings and favoured Abel over him. Again we see when God obtrudes into human affairs it divides and destroys Hunan bond ship.

Thd clearest example is given in scriptures where the purpose and mission of God is to sow division among humans..

Genesis 11:6 The Lord said, "If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other."

8 So the Lord scattered them from there over all the earth, and they stopped building the city. 9 That is why it was called Babel[c]"because there the Lord confused the language of the whole world. From there the Lord scattered them over the face of the whole earth.

Matthew 10:34 Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

37 "Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Of course, you won't get any disagreement from me that Yahweh-Jesus-Satan-Devil (for they are one now) are responsible for most of the fighting on the earth. That's how they vampire spirit and gorge themselves. But you should draw the line between localized deities such as Yahweh-Jesus and the Singularity of Infinite Light and Health who seeks, through the movements of conscience, that people do not harm each other.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2018 1:41:00 PM
At 2/17/2018 1:28:20 PM, SingularityofLight wrote:

Of course, you won't get any disagreement from me that Yahweh-Jesus-Satan-Devil (for they are one now) are responsible for most of the fighting on the earth. That's how they vampire spirit and gorge themselves. But you should draw the line between localized deities such as Yahweh-Jesus and the Singularity of Infinite Light and Health who seeks, through the movements of conscience, that people do not harm each other.

The love of knowledge brings humans together our science, technology and medicine advances our human condition. Knowledge is inclusive.
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2018 1:47:12 PM
At 2/17/2018 1:41:00 PM, Harikrish wrote:

The love of knowledge brings humans together our science, technology and medicine advances our human condition. Knowledge is inclusive.

You yourself admitted to "bad science" and "good science." Knowledge may be inclusive, but certainly not all use of knowledge is inclusive.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2018 2:02:23 PM
At 2/17/2018 1:47:12 PM, SingularityofLight wrote:

You yourself admitted to "bad science" and "good science." Knowledge may be inclusive, but certainly not all use of knowledge is inclusive.

When knowledge is used to advance mans cause , it is good. When knowledge is used to advance God then it is motivated by evil because as scriptures prove God's primary purpose is to confuse and divide humans.

SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2018 3:54:20 PM
At 2/17/2018 2:02:23 PM, Harikrish wrote:

When knowledge is used to advance mans cause , it is good. When knowledge is used to advance God then it is motivated by evil because as scriptures prove God's primary purpose is to confuse and divide humans.

I don't think it is that simple. There are many atheists who also use knowledge to make toxic chemicals, machines of war and violence, experiments on animals, etc. You should instead say: "When knowledge is used to advance man's conscience (given by the Singularity) to be healthy, it is good."
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2018 5:07:42 PM
At 2/17/2018 3:54:20 PM, SingularityofLight wrote:

I don't think it is that simple. There are many atheists who also use knowledge to make toxic chemicals, machines of war and violence, experiments on animals, etc. You should instead say: "When knowledge is used to advance man's conscience (given by the Singularity) to be healthy, it is good."

Like the crusades who used weapons to destroy the heretics religious leaders too use science to serve God's purpose. My qualifier. More wars have been fought in the name of religion, not that others have not been justified.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2018 5:47:47 PM
At 2/17/2018 2:09:57 PM, desmac wrote:

Olwomukaaga

Oooh! You dig deep for that one. But be careful, this is a racist's thread thread after all.
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2018 7:33:54 PM
At 2/17/2018 5:07:42 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Like the crusades who used weapons to destroy the heretics religious leaders too use science to serve God's purpose. My qualifier. More wars have been fought in the name of religion, not that others have not been justified.

Perhaps more conflict has been generated by religion than anything. But that does not mean that conflict isn't generated by atheists as well. People are people, and you have to judge each person on their own.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2018 5:30:14 PM
At 2/17/2018 7:33:54 PM, SingularityofLight wrote:

Perhaps more conflict has been generated by religion than anything. But that does not mean that conflict isn't generated by atheists as well. People are people, and you have to judge each person on their own.

The operative word is more. Eg. America is a Christian country. It has waged more wars than any other country.
SingularityofLight
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/18/2018 5:36:14 PM
At 2/18/2018 5:30:14 PM, Harikrish wrote:

The operative word is more. Eg. America is a Christian country. It has waged more wars than any other country.

I hear you, Harikrish, but just because some religions are prone to war, doesn't mean that all are. The religion of conscience certainly isn't. In my mind, the religion of materialism is an impoverishment of conscience and soul, and doesn't produce healthy fruit.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2018 1:41:13 PM
At 2/18/2018 5:36:14 PM, SingularityofLight wrote:
At 2/18/2018 5:30:14 PM, Harikrish wrote:

I hear you, Harikrish, but just because some religions are prone to war, doesn't mean that all are. The religion of conscience certainly isn't. In my mind, the religion of materialism is an impoverishment of conscience and soul, and doesn't produce healthy fruit.

A good example of knowledge bringing people together is Buddhism. There are no deities or Gods to worship. Just paths to enlightenment and universal brotherhood.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2018 2:49:58 PM
More evidence the love of knowledge brings people together.
Russia and America are arch rivals on earth but have successfully cooperated in space and space exploration sharing knowledge without the baggage of religion.

If it was a race to find God this space station cooperation would have been impossible.
They only way America could work with China was to develop trade relations. For decades China was labelled communist and a threat to Western ideology which is based on Christianity. Here again religion divided the two countries.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2020 8:21:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
MissMeduc your post did not come through.

If you are using Reply & Post you have to delete all the date and time before the user name you are replying to.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use.