Jump to topic:

Ask A Normal Person

Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 9:05:27 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
With so much toing and froing, yinning and yanging, this God, that God (and in one peculiar case, "those Gods") going on, newcomers to this forum can find it a bit perplexing trying to sort out what is truth and what is crap.

And what better source to go to than someone who is completely neutral when it comes to religion.....no biases, no expectations, no inflated ego, just an intelligent, normal person who takes an objective view.

So, as a gesture of goodwill....an olive branch if you like, extended to anyone who wants to hear a balanced point of view, let me know what religious issue that irks you and I will avail my intellect to give an informed, normal perspective.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 9:20:17 AM
At 5/28/2018 9:05:27 AM, Willows wrote:
With so much toing and froing, yinning and yanging, this God, that God (and in one peculiar case, "those Gods") going on, newcomers to this forum can find it a bit perplexing trying to sort out what is truth and what is crap.

And what better source to go to than someone who is completely neutral when it comes to religion.....no biases, no expectations, no inflated ego, just an intelligent, normal person who takes an objective view.

So, as a gesture of goodwill....an olive branch if you like, extended to anyone who wants to hear a balanced point of view, let me know what religious issue that irks you and I will avail my intellect to give an informed, normal perspective.
One of your funniest Willy. Huzzah.
Jouma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 11:47:00 AM

I wondering God has no 1 as him best number.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 12:15:37 PM
At 5/28/2018 9:20:17 AM, bulproof wrote:

One of your funniest Willy. Huzzah.

I'm very serious, however, I don't expect many theists to take it seriously given that they can't take reality seriously.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 12:22:14 PM
At 5/28/2018 12:15:37 PM, Willows wrote:

I'm very serious, however, I don't expect many theists to take it seriously given that they can't take reality seriously.

ok, how about telling us why you don't accept Pascal's Wager.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 12:33:31 PM
At 5/28/2018 11:47:00 AM, Jouma wrote:

Yes, a very interesting point there.

Most religions call God "Number One" which is a very vague designation and commonly used in advertising to avoid litigation. For example, "Anusol is the number one hemorrhoid cream" doesn't really say anything....it could be number one on a list of the worst products ever made.

Similarly with God. God could just as easily be number one on the list of mythical and fairy-tale characters.

To add confusion to vagueness, some Christian Churches call God three persons (the Holy Trinity) so, how they can call God number one when He is also number two and number three baffles any normal person, doesn't it?
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 12:44:25 PM
At 5/28/2018 12:22:14 PM, keithprosser wrote:

It's just that I don't think it will work and really, theists are guilty of tripping themselves up on this one. They concocted the notion of God being all powerful, all knowing and omnipotent in the first place.
Surely, The Almighty is going to know that a person is making a safe, two-way bet, "just in case". Now, if I were God, I would see through the phoniness which would pee me off to no end and I would send such a wimpish bludger straight down to the furnace when he falls off his perch.
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 12:48:54 PM
At 5/28/2018 12:22:08 PM, Polytheist_Witch wrote:
Topic and profile reported along with all atheist responses.

I was accommodating enough to give you a special mention in the OP so, the least you could do is ask me a question.
Don't be afraid of receiving a normal reply. I assure you that it doesn't really hurt that much.
Polytheist_Witch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 12:55:22 PM
At 5/28/2018 12:48:54 PM, Willows wrote:

I was accommodating enough to give you a special mention in the OP so, the least you could do is ask me a question.
Don't be afraid of receiving a normal reply. I assure you that it doesn't really hurt that much
You seem confused. Reported.
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 1:00:16 PM
At 5/28/2018 12:44:25 PM, Willows wrote:

It's just that I don't think it will work and really, theists are guilty of tripping themselves up on this one. They concocted the notion of God being all powerful, all knowing and omnipotent in the first place.
Surely, The Almighty is going to know that a person is making a safe, two-way bet, "just in case". Now, if I were God, I would see through the phoniness which would pee me off to no end and I would send such a wimpish bludger straight down to the furnace when he falls off his perch.

Yep...I agree. No-one likes a clever-dick and I'm sure any god would feel the same way!

Do you think theists are simply frightened of dying?
drussell4801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 1:28:45 PM

I have a question, if rain is god peeing and snow is god pooping, is acid rain god getting his period?
dee-em: "You insist God created the universe"
me: "I do not believe in god"
Dee-em: "you are a theist"
Me: "Its right there for everyone to see. Go look. You are demanding that I am a theist."
Dee-em: "Accusing actually, if we are being honest."
SO NOW we are being honest?
Polytheist_Witch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 1:30:26 PM
At 5/28/2018 1:28:45 PM, drussell4801 wrote:

I have a question, if rain is god peeing and snow is god pooping, is acid rain god getting his period?

Reported.
drussell4801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 1:30:35 PM

Has anyone ever had their comments pulled on this board? I see some pretty insulting and degrading answers that are weeks old and have not been pulled.
Me: "Its right there for everyone to see. Go look. You are demanding that I am a theist."
Willows
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 1:34:33 PM
At 5/28/2018 1:00:16 PM, keithprosser wrote:
At 5/28/2018 12:44:25 PM, Willows wrote:

Yep...I agree. No-one likes a clever-dick and I'm sure any god would feel the same way!

Do you think theists are simply frightened of dying?

They are, and, I think that their belief compounds the problem.
I did a lot of work with and got to know many residents of a local war veterans home.
The God-fearing vets, and these guys were in their last days, would constantly bring up the subject and were worried sick as to what would happen to them in their afterlife.
Spending your last days in constant turmoil and doubt is cruel and inhumane....religious institutions have a lot to answer for.
Polytheist_Witch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 1:36:23 PM
At 5/28/2018 1:30:35 PM, drussell4801 wrote:

Has anyone ever had their comments pulled on this board? I see some pretty insulting and degrading answers that are weeks old and have not been pulled.

Just keep posting new ones so they can be reported.
drussell4801
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 1:38:51 PM
At 5/28/2018 12:55:22 PM, Polytheist_Witch wrote:

Don't be afraid of receiving a normal reply. I assure you that it doesn't really hurt that much

You are even reporting stuff that isn"t insulting? Trying to silence the atheists huh
Polytheist_Witch
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 1:39:49 PM
At 5/28/2018 1:38:51 PM, drussell4801 wrote:
At 5/28/2018 12:55:22 PM, Polytheist_Witch wrote:

You are even reporting stuff that isn"t insulting? Trying to silence the atheists huh

Your sock puppet tardness is reported.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 2:00:12 PM

To whom?
Di mortuis
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 2:01:23 PM
At 5/28/2018 12:33:31 PM, Willows wrote:
At 5/28/2018 11:47:00 AM, Jouma wrote:

Yes, a very interesting point there.

Most religions call God "Number One" which is a very vague designation and commonly used in advertising to avoid litigation. For example, "Anusol is the number one hemorrhoid cream" doesn't really say anything....it could be number one on a list of the worst products ever made.

Similarly with God. God could just as easily be number one on the list of mythical and fairy-tale characters.

To add confusion to vagueness, some Christian Churches call God three persons (the Holy Trinity) so, how they can call God number one when He is also number two and number three baffles any normal person, doesn't it?

Did you just call a god a Number two?
Di mortuis
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 2:04:58 PM
At 5/28/2018 2:01:59 PM, Polytheist_Witch wrote:
At 5/28/2018 2:01:23 PM, desmac wrote:

Reported.

Repetitive.
Di mortuis
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 2:09:08 PM
At 5/28/2018 2:08:20 PM, Polytheist_Witch wrote:
At 5/28/2018 2:04:58 PM, desmac wrote:

Reported

Repetitive.
Di mortuis
SecularMerlin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 2:13:58 PM

Are you willows claiming to be normal or suggesting that we find a normal person to question? In either case, normal being a subjective term, how do we objectively determine that we are indeed having a normal discussion with a normal person?
The only true wisdom lies in knowing that you know nothing.
-Socrates

Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality
-Lewis Carrol
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2018 2:15:22 PM
At 5/28/2018 2:14:36 PM, Polytheist_Witch wrote:
At 5/28/2018 2:13:58 PM, SecularMerlin wrote:
Reported